The Infinite Bk. 05 Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"There we go!" he said proudly.

"Ah, well done!"

"Thanks," he panted as he lay beside her.

Cyrilo retrieved her pipe and lit it. "What do you want to try tomorrow?"

Daniel pulled the book onto his lap. "I had my eye on the G-Whiz."

Cyrilo took a puff and released a cloud of smoke. "Looks interesting. Just know that if you struggle at all to hold me up, I'll never forgive you."

"We could also try the Drop Box."

"Oh, that looks fun." She passed the pipe to Daniel, and he took a turn. "I must say, when you suggested we I try everything in this book, I was a bit of a skeptic, but this is proving to be very enjoyable."

"Well like I said, I want to be a better man, and this is a very important skill to learn."

"It just might be the most important skill there is."

"Besides, you got eternal youth. That fine ass of yours isn't going to quit, so you might as well enjoy it."

"And you don't have to worry about waking up to a shriveled husk the next morning, right? Mr. Forever Unclean?"

"I apologize for that."

"Don't, your reaction was priceless."

When Cyrilo wasn't fooling around with Daniel, running the Knight's Sheath, or working on her literacy program, she and Sophia continued to explore the secrets of magic, alchemy, and health. Their goal was to devise a medicine to subdue Bella's manic obsession with Noah. For months, they poured over books of various potion recipes, researched countless plants and ingredients, and created numerous pills and potions to stabilize her emotions, but none worked.

Certain medicines left her a drooling vegetable, some made her hallucinate, others worsened her mood swings, and that's not counting all of the side effects. From skin rashes to dysentery, it was no wonder Bella's patience eventually wore off.

"No! No more! I'm sick of being your test subject!" she screamed, taking the newest medicine and throwing it against the wall of Cyrilo's study.

"Bella, I understand your frustrations, but unless we keep trying, we can't help you," Sophia implored. "We're so close to finding the right concoction, I can feel it!"

"You've been saying that for weeks, but these drugs just get worse and worse! I'm not taking any more of your potions!"

"Bella, we're trying to make you better, so you'll stop obsessing over Noah and go back to how you used to be. You used to be one of my best girls. You had countless men wrapped around your finger and you loved your job. Now you're just miserable and violent and I can't let you remain like this."

"I don't need you to fix me! I need my darling!"

"Well he's gone! You need to grow up and accept that, or you're going to have to leave the Knight's Sheath!"

"What did you just say? After all the money I've made for you over the years, you're throwing me out?"

"You leave me no choice. Bella, this is a business, not a boarding house. The room you sleep in? That's for you to entertain clients, not brood over your lost love. You're here to work, but you're not doing your job. I've been as patient with you as I can, but if you can't get over Noah and move on, then you need to accept our help or leave."

"Fine," she spat, "I'll pack my things. I'll be gone by tomorrow."

Bella stormed out, and Sophia sighed. "I really thought we could help her."

"She has to want to help herself, and she clearly doesn't. I just hope that wherever she ends up, she's able to find comfort and stability."

That night, after the evening excitement had ended and everyone was asleep, there was movement. Daniel had left Cyrilo satisfied, so she was deep in her slumber, unaware of Bella creeping past her room towards her study, her pointed rabbit ears twitching with every sound. If Cyrilo was kicking her out, Bella would take what she was owed: every coin and diamond she could carry, severance pay for years spent on her back. With that money, she would buy a house, and when her darling returned, they could get married and live happily ever after.

She slipped into Cyrilo's study, mindful of the magical tripwires set up. Bella had worked for Cyrilo long enough to discover what tricks and traps she used to keep her treasure safe. Bella went behind the desk and rummaged around to find Cyrilo's lockbox. It had survived the burning of the old Knight's Sheath, but the lock was damaged, and Bella managed to pry it open.

Inside, she found various gems and a knight's ring. Bella put it on and tried to activate it, unintentionally emptying its contents onto the desk. A mountain of gold coins loudly poured out, along with various other items. Bella attempted to stop it, but immediately, spheres of light entered the room, cast by Cyrilo standing in the doorway.

"Bella, what in the world are you doing?" She then noticed the gold coins. "You ungrateful little thief! How dare you try and rob me after all the years I kept you off the streets?!"

"You don't get to say that after kicking me out! If I'm going to leave, I'm taking what I'm owed! After all the work I've done here, this money is more mine than it is yours! You have some nerve to lecture me, surrounded by all these treasures you bought thanks to me and the girls spreading our legs! Look at this; gold, jewels..." She picked up a small metal flask from the pile. "And all these potions and witchcraft!"

"Bella, put the flask down," said Cyrilo, feeling terror fill her stomach.

"What's this? You're little eternal youth serum?"

"Bella, I mean it! Put it down!"

"I spent years working here, and if you're going to throw me out, I'm going to take those years back!"

"Don't do it! Bella!"

Bella opened the flask and drank the contents, sending every black drop running down her throat. She instantly realized she had made a mistake, but it was too late. She dropped the flask and staggered back, screaming and struggling to breathe. All her veins turned black and became swollen as the venom entered her bloodstream, and her body began to contort.

When the Profane passed on their venom, they were particular in how they bit their prey. The lower fangs would pierce the jugular to drain blood, while the upper fangs would inject the venom into the spinal column and let it move up the brainstem. When the venom was transferred a different way, such as consumed, the results tended to be unpredictable, as Bella was realizing.

"Bella!" Cyrilo rushed over and tried to hold her, but Bella screamed, and her flailing arm knocked Cyrilo to the ground.

Throughout the Knight's Sheath, candles and lanterns were being lit as Bella's screams shook everyone awake. It didn't take long for Alexis and Sophia to burst into the study, and the two women gasped in shock at the sight before them. Bella's entire body was twisting; limbs, torso, neck, and even her fingers were rotating to the point that her bones snapped, and her skin and muscles were torn to shreds. Her head had spun around near the point of popping off, and her spine was beyond mangled, but somehow, she was still conscious and screaming. A pool of blood formed beneath her as her body threatened to completely destroy itself.

Then, in one rapid motion, everything untwisted and snapped back into place, instantly healing all the damage. However, Bella's body had changed. Her complexion was a sickly gray, her arms were longer with broader shoulders, and she now had large furry feet like a rabbit, lifting her heels off the ground and making her taller. Her face was downcast, hidden behind her black hair, and she looked less like she was standing and more like she was hanging from a noose.

"Bella?" Sophia asked.

With a loud spinal crack, Bella perked up and looked at her. Her face appeared normal until she flashed the most horrific grin Sophia had ever seen. Her cheeks split, and extended her smile from ear to ear, then receded down to her gums, revealing two rows of needle-like teeth. Her pupils dilated, expanding to the point that her eyes were pitch black. The shrill cry she released chilled the blood of the three women.

Alexis instinctively shoved Sophia to the floor as Bella lunged, moving with demonic speed. She tackled Alexis with so much force that she was pushed straight through the wall behind her. The two landed on Cyrilo's bed, with Alexis stricken with a concussion and numerous broken bones. About to pass out, she was awoken, screaming in agony as Bella sank her teeth into her neck and began sucking her blood.

A lightning bolt struck Bella's back, leaving a minor burn that instantly healed. Regardless, she released Alexis and looked back at Cyrilo, standing with her grimoire in hand.

"That's enough, Bella! Get off her!"

"Fine! I'll eat you first!" Bella squealed.

Bella lunged again, moving with the same bullet-like speed. Unaccustomed to her new strength, she shot past Cyrilo, succeeding only in scratching her with her nails. She slammed into the wall and collapsed behind the desk as Cyrilo crawled over to Sophia. Both women gazed in horror as two rabbit ears rose above the desk, followed by black eyes staring into their souls. At that moment, Lucius and Daniel arrived.

"What's going-- whoa!" Lucius exclaimed in shock, seeing Bella.

Bella gave another shrill scream and flipped the desk, hurling it at Lucius and Daniel and knocking them to the floor. She then turned once more to Cyrilo and giggled. "I'm going to enjoy peeling the flesh from your bones."

Sophia got to her feet with a resolute scowl and aimed her hand at Bella. "In the name of Lumendori, I command you! Begone, demon!" She then released a massive burst of holy energy, energy that would have healed a normal person, but burned Bella like a flamethrower. Bella shrieked in agony as the light charred her flesh and jumped to the side, smashing through the window. Now outside, she ran off, disappearing into the night.

Sophia looked down at Cyrilo. "Are you ready? Because everything that happens now is on your head."

Please comment! Tell me your thoughts!