All Comments on 'The Infinity Device'

by BarkerTree

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Awesome. Love the idea or turning a smart scientist into a younger communications major! Very well written with some great dialogue and concepts. Good job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Good start

Okay, you’ve got my attention...where are you going with this?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
My question is, which version is this?

To those who watched this from its first arrival at EMCSA, we saw this story retconned. Without spoiling too much, one character was substituted for another character, with a wildly different personality.

Deliciously apropos, but the new character's actions were identical to those of the old one, despite the difference between them. The justification of the new character's actions (mirroring the absent one's in a previous timeline) felt a little forced.

Was this an intentional reference to how the eponymous machine changes history, or was it just the author not wanting to rewrite what happened? Why the revision anyway? Was it a meta-, in-universe use of the machine or was there an outside decision?

I don't know. But once a few more chapters have been posted, I *will* know which one he's posting here, and possibly whether he's going to do it again, at least. We might just be getting the revised version, sans context. It will be interesting to see.

Tsukia_sakuraTsukia_sakuraabout 6 years ago

Wish there was more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

This was so hot!! Please continue!

tripletriptripletripalmost 5 years ago
I keep returning

Can anybody recommend me similar stories to this one? It’s such an interesting concept.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous