All Comments on 'The Institute - Thomas Dean Pt. 01'

by thomas_dean

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
OMG thanks for being so honest

Honest about your story content in the synopsis on your story index/ menu and in the Tags section. The title and category alone led me here to investigate but thankfully you saved me. The story content whilst presented as a fantasy is so morally offensive and sickening that no amount of pretend could make any of this acceptable or erotic for me. So thanks for the warnings, it’s hugely appreciated but I’m definitely out.

Tess (UK)

thomas_deanthomas_deanover 3 years agoAuthor
Thank You Anon

The tides of history carried away plantation slavery and indentured servitude. Are they gone forever? Are they even gone right now? Certainly the WWI generation thought they abolished war; yet that beat goes on. Liberty is lost bit - by - bit. The easiest way to lose it is pretending it can't happen here. Thank you for your comment Anon, but remember the cause of liberty is served by mindfulness of the alternative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well, I wonder what calamity precluded the fall of humanity to cause such institutions to arise? Not sure where this is going into the dark corridor of slavery however causing someone to lose their balls and/or cock just because they are indentures or redeemers seems a bit extreme. I wonder what the rules are or what safeguards these people have after they turn themselves in? What happens after 7 years (or 10 years in cases of men)?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If Castleton is there to indenture his daughter, why does he need to go though a medical exam?

Why is the narrator there in addition to the two characters who do something in the scene? Couldn't one of them be the narrator or just have it 3rd person?

It's very distracting the way dialogue is sometimes broken up mid-sentence.

I like the setting and the concept but I don't think I can read more by this author.

thomas_deanthomas_deanover 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anons:

Thank you for your comments.

Most of the history of European settlement in America has been characterized by slavery and indentured servitude, both of which we abolished 170 years ago in the US, much earlier in Mexico and our Latin American sister republics.

In our modern age, we have a system where a politician apologized for telling the truth that 48% of the population were supporting the ever growing majority. How long will we find ourselves in a situation in which no one wants to work. Eventually there is a bounce - back to restore balance.

Exactly how will that collapse occur? I'm unsure. Greece, Mighty Rome, Byzantium, the Venetian Republic and the overseas Empires of Britain and France and more recently the seemingly uncrackable Soviet Union had their day and faded away.

What I suggest is that to restore balance a page will be turned back at least to the Belle Epoch, pre WWI, of the great manor houses in the US and Britain, which employed the multitudes in a form of indentured servitude.

It's a reminder of how fragile freedom is.

Why is Castleton put through the ringer? The nice answer would be that he's entering a sanitized area. Actually the Institute intends to lend him enough to overextend himself. Try reading private sale, the latest in this series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous