All Comments on 'The Island: Pt. 15 - The Belt'

by Gortmundy

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent addition. That entire topic was handled incredibly well. I was very genuinely impressed. Abuse does horrible mind fucking things to its victims, survivors and people within their orbit. It goes above and beyond the physical impact on people there’s, confusion, guilt, self loathing even arousal for some (absolute mind fuck) and of course that starts the whole cycle off again.

With all of that comes assorted triggers that vary from person to person. A friend was raped when she was a young woman, she was wearing a green dress. From that point onwards (50+ years) she avoided green clothing. I’ve been in a similar situation myself and after a few years the trauma isn’t on your mind 24/7 but it never really goes away.

Thx Tess (uk)

GortmundyGortmundyalmost 2 years agoAuthor

With me it's the smell of formaldehyde. Nothing sexual, but it brings back bad memories.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGortmundy@Gortmundy
The Tattooed Woman - 16 March: Chapter 1 of Tattooed Woman edited (again), rewritten and now on site. Changes in this version are based on constructive criticism I received. So, lets see what you think. Part 42 being written, in the offing and coming soon. Dramatis Perso...