All Comments on 'The JAG Officer's Wife'

by offkilter123

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments (Page 2)
GardenshedGardenshed3 months ago

Always enjoy the details in your stories. The only mistake while reading was Daniel said Cat would come home from school and cry. I thought she was fired. Oh well that’s my OCD. Still liked the over the top story. Glad Randy was burned to the ground.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Excellent story but not sure why you picked up the bad habit of using ellipsis'. I taught my student the pauses came by the use of commas and your words! Load this story into a text reader like Text Aloud and I guarantee you'll have to edit out the dot dot dot's. Sucks to hear all those in the story! 4 stars due to the dot dot dot's. Could have been 5!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I didn't really care about the court stuff, but agree there are alot of holes in it. The overall story was very interesting. I get the feeling if Grant didn't have someone in the wings, there would have been the possibility of reconciliation. Why do authors always write the husband being fair to the cheater in divorce and not screwing until it's final. The wife does awful, disrespectful things in her cheating, yet the husband always wants to be fair. Makes no sense to me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Several miscues mentioned by others. Here is another. Grant should have written a check for $1100, not $1010. Some name flubs, etc. But not serious enough to reduce my Five stars to four.

JPB NOT BOB

blindguydaveblindguydave3 months ago

Great read , It was very different from a lot of what I have read here. I enjoyed it very much

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Good writing, amusing (minus the violence) story. But way to many plotholes, while adressing them would probably have destroyed the whole plot. No reason to repeat them all here, as other co-commentators have already pointed them out. Sorry. I would advise for less frequent publishing and more careful planning and editing.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Really was a good story, and well told. Personally, I'd have liked to seen a little more BTB.

WetheNorthWetheNorth3 months ago

A reluctant 4

Because of crap like this: I loved you. Hell, I still love you

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It was a 5 until you brought the whore back into the family. The whore wife ended up being a monster, and you don't do family with monsters. He husband's bed was hardly cold when she started fucking some jock asshole. She apparently didn't just fuck him, but romanced and loved him. But requiring her son to abandon his morals and ethics in order to protect her from the just deserts of her betrayal and contempt for her husband and family? How about if she just got drunk and ran over her son with her car? Or better yet, if her and her fuck buddy got drunk and the jock asshole ran over her son with his car? And then she gets her son to lie that it was some other driver, yeah, why not? That lying self serving piece of dog shit bitch is supposed to be redeemable and forgivable? And the cuck husband is supposed to wish her a good happy future? Seriously?

\

She doesn't deserve to be happy again, and she knows it better than anyone else. So its still just all about her. I hope someone has the stones to write the sequel where she fucks over her second husband too, and its again her son who catches her. Maybe then the selfish whore will finally do the decent thing and remove herself from the family, permanently. Wow, it could have been great.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I've got to say you have a way with words. I absolutely love your stories and wish you'd write more. I realize there's the old adage of quality versus quantity, but in your case, I truly believe you could handle it. Again, I absolutely love your style of writing. Thank you!!!

MbgdallasMbgdallas3 months ago

This story was good but again we have an author that creates a weak man who just runs from his problems. lTC Keel did not seem like that kind of man so the story kind of jumped the shark. Having a confrontation with his wife is much more in line with a strong man and LTC Keel’s personality.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked the story with questions. The jury found them guilty but the award was ridiculous low. The wife was the problem for breaking her vows. Did he deserve the life altering beating his son gave him. I think not. She walks away and eventually resumes her life. As grant moves on also. That was no way u can justify the beating the son gave Randy . This part is loved by the burn the bitch crowd.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The plaintiff can appeal that award too. Surely he presented more damages than that.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

They file charges against all of them and join the cases. Then use their admission in the criminal trial. Restitution wouldn’t be subject to the jury award.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You were doing so well and fucked up the ending. Horribly.

Redo the math on the jury verdict.

Pole is poll.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Concur with Forensic Fossil: The legal standard in a civil action is proof by "a preponderance of the evidence." This standard is sometimes referred to as the “51% rule.“

AngelRiderAngelRider3 months ago

I gave up on page 4. I just couldn't get into it. Some parts were okay. I don't feel there was enough emotion to support the events. Kid watches his mother slut around unashamedly. Her fuck buddy was basically emasculating him AND his dad. She is a clueless halfwhit for failing to grasp what was happening. Her inlaws could observe what was occurring. This story is entirely too clinical in its approach.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This was so melodramatic yet had all the emotional depth of a IKEA manual. It was obvious as soon as the attack happened that the child had done it.

It was too long and slightly boring so even though its well written only two stars.

bobareenobobareeno3 months ago

Given the actual damages suffered, there should have been a request for a directed verdict on the damages issue, and depending on the state, a motion for additur. Not realistic in any way, but it read well, and was an enjoyable tale. The idea of all of the defendants saying they were guilty also created the possibility of criminal actions being filed by the state, the limitations period hadn’t passed, and the prosecution now had their statements under oath attesting to their guilt. While I enjoyed reading the tale, I had to shake my hoary head at the author’s legal Disneyland. Still, 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A little long, but very clever as to the plan and court case with all the punishment on the bad guy, life changed but continued for the others.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Shades of "QB VII" in the jury's award of damages. I liked the story. Some minor typo flaws, but didn't mar the overall readability of the story. Well done. Thank you.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster13 months ago

Good story, and the few typos didn't cost any stars when held on balance overall.

Not everyone will agree, but I'm as entitled to my opinion as anyone else.

5 stars because I did enjoy it.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit3 months ago

It's nice to read a story that follows through with some of what it's like to actually serve. IG inspections suck....that is a fact written in stone. Great story... I can't imagine having a cheating ex be part of my extended family like that. That was too much for me, but that's probably why I'm an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If Cat teaches at the high school as Randy, why doesn't anyone know she's married and not Randy's girlfriend?

RocketMan12RocketMan123 months ago

Nice story and well told , didn't understand how or why the ex and his sister-in law's brother had to end up with each other but other than that very enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"She comes home from school, goes straight to her bedroom, and spends the night crying.

/

Earlier in the story Cat had been fired. Did another high school hire her despite her noteriety? As a reader, this isn't something you just gloss over. I went back and reread the atory thinking I missed something.

Other than that, I did enjoy the story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I thought this was really well done; clever, and reasonably plausible outcome in the end. Steeped in reason and goodwill, rather than mindless bitterness and hostility. The kind of outcome that people who still loved each other, despite oral the pain, would work to, and be blessed to, achieve. I really liked this.

Finally, I’m a trial lawyer, but I’ll resist and leave all of the civil and trial procedure knits out of my comments. But one I can’t avoid making is that the academies, all three — Army, Navy and Air Force — play D-1 football; in fact Army and Navy each have produced Heisman trophy winners, see, e.g., Roger Staubach) well

Dome though. Thank you for an entertaining story not frowning in mindless, tropeic vengeance. The vengeance netted out here was perfectly proportionate to the crime and visited the most pain in Cat — divorce, loss of the person she loved most in the world (notwithstanding her cheating), and family (at least temporarily, but people should be able to

Rehabilitate themselves and earn redemption.

Good stuff. 🤙🏿

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@bobareeno — hey smarty pants; I’m a judge and would have denied both of your proposed motions for, (i) directed verdict, and (ii) additur (pompous bloviating ass). Most judges would prefer to protect the record and let the jury do their job, especially after a full trial. Moreover, the broader audience here is hardly interested in your total recall of first semester civil procedure, so put a sock in it Justice Holmes.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry but this was at the end of the day, this was a run of the mill BTB formula story. The writer buried it in an avalanche of words. Most of which were unnecessary. The courtroom dialogue was excruciatingly dull and unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just like in the movies, the hero injures the enemy but doesn't kill him. Then has to destroy him later in the movie and or deal with the situation a second time. So, what have we learned from this boys and girls?.......

If it ever gets to the point that you have to go after someone that threatened you or your family don't injure them and leave them to fuck with you again. That is the actions of a masochist. Just kill the son of a bitch and move on enjoying the rest of your life without having to look over your shoulder. Now no matter what happens in the future a damaged and hateful man is still alive and around to come back again to cause pain to this family again.

He was better off dead, yes the story would have been a couple of pages shorter but really is missing two pages about a trail with our justice........ oops I meant "Legal system(Joke). Really a loss.

mattenwmattenw3 months ago

For me this was a very entertaining story. I read stories to entertain myself and am always happy when I have a good laugh or a smile.

Thanks for the good entertainment!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I liked that Cat wasn't expelled from the family group. She has her heart in the right place, she's just as dumb as a brick.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

If you are going to edit and resubmit, please, please ... Don't present Cat as a teacher, with a football star son attending the same school, as possibly thinking no one would know she was married to her som's father. Did both of them leave his name off any paperwork and never refer to him? The same goes for everbody there watching the game, there is no way in the circumanstances as written, NOBODY would not have known.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

4 Stars on a great Story . I thought that Cruz and Cain should be in Jail together

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Everything was fantastic till you had to bring the ex back into the family. Why kill the story!? It wasn't fucking needed. She is the lowest of low. A married wife cheating on her deployed husband while he is serving his country. She had no real retribution on her for being a cheating whore who also tried to force her son to be an accomplice and then you reward her behavior by dating one of the loyal 5. What the actual fuck. Literally killed the story with just a few last paragraphed that should have never been thought of let alone written. Jesus.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

A lot of Lit badly wants to think you can do the most loathsome hurtful thing you can to the one you claim to love and it means you do love them.

And do it over and over.

Or that they really are good people.

XluckyleeXluckylee2 months ago

I enjoyed this entertaining story and that is what I look for in a story. 5 stars from Xluckylee

VersatekVersatek2 months ago

The Spartacus defense. Didn't see that coming. Thanks! 4✨

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Good story, well-conceived, fun, clever, not enough eroticism

There was no BTB, at all, really, just the shame of being discovered and known, the results of breaking School District HR policies, etc., and that is not BTB. So, it is not the case that "Cat didn't get completely torched in this story," it's that she got off basically scot-free.

That does not feel right, and it really detracts from the story for me, right in the last breath, but, this was not my story.

I mean she cheated almost right away, and for months, and tried to talk her son into being in cahoots with her, and let Coach Cain disrespect her son and husband and their house. She could have stopped, and/ or just gotten rid of him for his actions, but she was getting what she wanted, slutting it up, and she could not deprive herself of that attention. AND THEN she jumped on the coach after the big win like a girlfriend with a heavy crush, in front of the whole school!

... and she gets one of the loyal brotherhood.

Damn

You must really like that character

Still, five for you, fun story!

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker2 months ago

Well, at least the asshole is not walking around upright. Not well, anyway. 5 stars, the Bear approves. I figured it was the sister-in-law or the son. But I NEVER saw the friend and the ex hooking up. Good One. More, please. Not sure if the bitch was burned enough, and I thought she got fired. Not a big fan of Jodie stories. Her husband was lonely, too. That's a Viet Nam Vet speaking. Just my opinion.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I don't live in the USA.

Is it possible that after a confession in a civil court, criminal prosecution does not resume?

Your laws are strange.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill692 months ago

Such a great story!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Went off the rails at the end.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver2 months ago

Cat didn't deserve a happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

In answer to a posted question, 4 days ago as of this response: the US Constitution includes a Bill of Rights, and additional Amendments that have been added over time. One of the Amendments in the Bill of Rights includes the right to a speedy trial and also the right to not be charged more than once for the same crime. These provisions were included to address abuses that were happening in Europe at that time where authorities would jail people for lengthy periods of time without charging them or convicting them of a crime, and also repeatedly prosecuting them for the same crime potentially until they got the result they were looking for.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I liked it. I liked your admission that realism had to suffer to support the story. You need a little better proofing. There were omissions or additions of words that threw the flow of the story. Also the conspiracy plot was familiar. I think that twist was on an episode of Bones.

waifwaifabout 2 months ago

I would like to say that an admission of guilt in a felony crime while under oath in a courtroom is grounds for disbarment, but after seeing so many high profile attorneys get away with it in the real world, I have to rescind my opinion on the matter.

danbo56danbo56about 2 months ago

why do people have to get so into it, It is fantasy enjoy it for what it is a great story with a bit of humor I enjoyed it anyway well done I'm waiting for your next story

willyk1212willyk1212about 2 months ago

dont care for cheating on srvice men or any body for that fact but this stort was so well done really injoyed it good job 5 stars

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

good story , shame they didn't have an office at the law firm for retired NCIS investigator Leroy Gibbs

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I’ve read all of your stories. All excellent! Truly enjoyed them and thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

This belongs on Netflix! Seriously, it's THAT good! Hailz yeah! 5+++++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

To the commenter who stated that admitting a felony while under oath in a civil trial is grounds for disbarment, you're right. Right isn't always what's real. The Texas Bar wouldn't touch this guy with a ten-thousand-foot pole. Hell, if anything, it would add another zero to his billable hour rate. Remember that the first Texas lawyer of any worth was Will Travis, who sat a pretty high bar.

-

This is the best story I've ever read on this site. I just forwarded the link to my two law partners.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 months ago

Great story. One of the best I’ve read recently. Love what happened to Cain, but Cat deserved much worse. How the hell can the cheating bitch face her family after what she did? Bobbie Lee is a damn fool.

Waldteufel61Waldteufel61about 1 month ago

Good story with the family conspiracy feature being pretty original, and overall well told. Gave it a rate top rating but would’ve enjoyed it more if there was at least some backstory about the MC internal dialogue/experience regarding the wife’s betrayal and the backstory relationship with Lynn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I would have thought exposing yourself, multiple times, to a youth you are coaching would have been brought up.

WendyTheRedWendyTheRed27 days ago

This was a fun story. The only issue I have with it revolve around Bobby Lee. A) He was the brother in law and lived next door. Did he not notice what was happening? I suppose it's a moot point since Danny had already told his dad but it bothers me. B) Why the hell would he want anything to do with Cat? He knows she can't be trusted. He's clearly got issues from his last marriage. So why would he be interested in Cat? I'd think he'd stay far away from her.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon16 days ago

Jesus fucking Christ. It was a 5 until you self-immolated by throwing the Bobbie Lee-Cat shitshow in there.

So, he's so loyal that he helps Grant and the family cover up the beating, but then he stabs Grant in the back by dating his ex?

Dropped to 1 after that idiocy.

bigurnbigurn15 days ago

All I can muster is 3 Stars ⭐⭐⭐ for this one. It would have been a strong 4, until you stuck that unfathomable ending on there. Bobby Lee had to be aware of old coach's coming and going, as well as the sleepover situation. It appears he was just biding his time. Apparently, waiting for his turn with the slut. I can't see the pair of cheaters lasting long. Then again, he probably just wants to hit that " Prime Pussy" that coach bragged about.

FallschirmjagerFallschirmjager12 days ago

Really cool story! I think your plot was pretty ingenious!

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

A mystery. A crime was committed which begat another crime, yet a jury of peers sought to rectify damages. Not John Grisham or Colombo, but even the wealthy, powerful guilty (ex-president? Cops?) get a slap on the wrist.

mfbridgesmfbridges3 days ago

I'm a number's guy so I had to say this....$1000 and $100 do not equal $1,010 dollars. lol

Loved the story, I wish you hadn't used name Cat. I like that name and automatically rooted for her, although I knew she had no chance.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroffkilter123@offkilter123
I write over the top fiction. I also poke fun at both sides of the (American) political spectrum but I admit I do poke harder at the far right because I do enjoy a good meltdown. Some of my stories are BTB and some are reconciliation/redemption (not RAAC) stories. I like bot...