All Comments on 'The Journey Ch. 01'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finally you are back. Missed you so much.

Always love your stories :)

Please don't keep us hanging too long :(

Thank care and stay safe

MaonaighMaonaighabout 3 years ago
What can I say?

Full of promise as always. The 'wrong-side-of-the-tracks' theme should provide plenty of drama for future chapters. It's a shame that we might have to wait for continuation but don't they say that good things are worth waiting for? Your stories certainly are.

cursrahcursrahabout 3 years ago

great story just like all your other ones

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 3 years ago

You never disappoint, 'Spokes. Viv, huh? Reasonably happy ending, as much as possible please&thankyou?

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 3 years ago

Spokes, of all the people too go back to, Viv would not be who I expected, yet you've breathed so much life into her in this short intro. Thank you for writing at your usual level of thought instead of the YA stuff that seems to be the language of so many stories these days. I can't wait to see where you take is on this journey!

ScrutinizeScrutinizeabout 3 years ago

So far I like the story and am curious to see how things develop for them.

As a fan of your writing I'll be happy to wait patiently for new chapters. I hope the things that are occupying you are of the good kind. Take your time, but hurry ;).

GinnyPPCGinnyPPCabout 3 years ago

Wow Spokes, this looks like the start of another great story. This can go in so many directions, I'm looking forward to what comes next. Thanks for continuing the BGU. Please don't worry that it will take time between chapters and that the length is not the same as your prior work. Just write the story that is in your head and tell it to us the best you can. We'll take it however it comes.

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 3 years ago

Really beautiful start, I’m hooked already! Having Viv as the main character for this story, with her blue collar background/attitude, is very interesting and I’m looking forward to see where she takes you. Based on your closing comment I guess I’m going to have to fine something to occupy my time between chaps. But hey, with this great writing I’m more than happy to wait. Thanks again for treating us with your wonderful story telling talents.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 3 years ago

The very beginning of this tale - Arlington, VA, October - is so poignantly captivating; it sets the stage for what promises to be a memorable “journey” no matter how long it takes for you to share. It is so easy to immerse oneself in your writing because of the quality/depth of the storylines coupled with the richly developed characters that come to life for/stay with your readers. While Vivian may be the central character of this tale, we were introduced to her in “Wheels...” when you took pains to develop her well beyond a one-dimensional supporting member of that tale. Yes, the connectivity with earlier stories is appealing for several reasons, but it is not necessary to read “Wheels...” to appreciate where you might take the reader in this tale. I simply want to compliment you on your creativity - depth of story AND character development. Creative writing comes in fits and starts; thanks for continuing to share your talent. When you finish sharing this tale, I am certain that it will be re-read over and over just like your other works. Well beyond 5 stars.

jackie_emjackie_emabout 3 years ago

Interesting character. I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop her. Somehow I think Stephanie will be back at the bowling alley and a little pissed at the phony number. With the college as a possibility and a deported mother, there are lots of options for turmoil, quite apart from her love life.

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDabout 3 years ago

#JusticeForVivian!!!!!!!

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 3 years ago

You've done it again, 'Spokes. I can't think a better character to pick to expand the BGU with than Viv. Looking forward to see her develop and tell her story, she's definitely an interesting character so far. *settles down for the wait, knowing it will be worth it*

RastanuraRastanuraabout 3 years ago

Welcome back Spokes. I can wait because you are worth it.

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 3 years ago

Rereading stories seems to be where I've landed for much of this year so far. No Hard Landings but I see references frequently to your awesome series and I know I have to return to where we first met Blue and friends. I know I can't go wrong reading T'was the Night Before and Wheels in motion as well. Maybe I can time finishing with the next installment of The Journey. Works tor me. Thanks

LazaranLazaranabout 3 years ago

Ah Viv.......the girl literally wears her heart on her sleeve. The thought of her mother on the other side of a f@#%ing wall for ten years, and missing her children's "moments" is infuriatingly frustrating. That backstory, (along with her experience with Addison) really goes a long way in helping understand why Viv is who she is. She seems to be overcompensating in two directions. At one end of the spectrum she is excessively doting on her abuela, and at the other end she is excessively cruel in her treatment of her lovers. Particularly her latest punching bag Cindy, ...er.... I mean Stephanie.

The opportunity is there for Viv and Stephanie, to grow from experiencing each other's worlds, and I hope they exploit it.

I will wait as long as it takes to find out how this story resolves itself,

Cinco Estrellas

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 3 years ago

I also meant to add its nice to see you back. I think we will find there's more to Stephanie than a bow in her hair (nice contrast to Viv) and a red Tesla.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 3 years ago

Another beautiful start to a journey of discovery. I can't wait to see where we go from here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

If the comments already on this story aren't a good indicator of how much everyone appreciates you being back with a new story, I don't know what is. For a lot of people, me included, I'd assume that relatively long waits between chapters are something we'll gladly live with to just to see where you take this. So thank you for taking the time to write something new - I really can't wait :)

As for this first chapter: Strong start! There's really no other way to say it: You just write interesting characters. I'm always a little hesitant with stories that are advertised as "a little darker than my previous ones", but I couldn't possibly not read this, so I guess it's my own fault now.

AgraphiaAgraphiaabout 3 years ago

That was a real dick move, Viv.

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenabout 3 years ago

So far so good, will look out for chapter 2. Thanks for sharing this with us.

silveraidersilveraiderabout 3 years ago

I’m just delighted to have another one of your stories to read, and a little anticipation never hurt anyone. Take your time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story so far, so glad youre back

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I can’t tell you how excited I am to have something new of yours to read. I can’t wait to see where it goes.

LulukpLulukpabout 3 years ago

Glad tou return! ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice to see you writing again, glad you found your way back. Great start to a new series. I loved the way you gave Liz and Addie closure while incorporating it into the new story.

XactoXactoabout 3 years ago

I didn’t expect Viv to become a sympathetic protagonist. I’m looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So glad that you're back and gracing us with another one of your series. You are my far one of my favorite writers. I'm loving the characters and story so far. Looking forward to seeing Viv's next move. Did I mention that I so happy you're back!!

Bleep735Bleep735about 3 years ago

A great start! I’m looking forward to getting to know Viv a bit better. I love how you make these people feel real and I can’t wait to see the roads you take her and her friends down. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You won’t get rid of us that easily. Another strong story with great detail and character development. I am invested in what I call “Broken-Verse”. While I miss Jo, Blue, and Liz. I welcome new characters that I can welcome. I will see you down the road.

JCMcNeillyJCMcNeillyabout 3 years ago

Wow. What a great start to a story. Can’t wait for Viv to learn she’s valuable just like she is, but still I hope she chooses to strive to better herself, whatever form that ends up taking. Viv’s depression and self doubt are so real, like all your characters always are. I hope she learns to live above them. I hope we all do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Missed you so much Spokes. Take as much time as you need and don't feel pressured by your loyal fans, we'll always be content to wait as the best things in life are worth waiting for. Welcome back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great start to another classic from you and hey, I don’t mind waiting. After all, your the one doing the hard work bit. We just get the pleasure of reading.

Nice work

jameson57jameson57about 3 years ago

I’ll wait it out. I have never been accused of being patient, but I love your writing. Good to see you back!

chiefhalchiefhalabout 3 years ago

Great start! I was so happy to see something from you again!!

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppabout 3 years ago
Good start

This is a good start to what promises to be a good story, as all your stories are. It's good to see you back here. You haven't lost your touch. Well written, real characters, good storyline. I look forward to seeing where you take these characters, even if it takes awhile to get there. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Thank you for sharing with us.

ScloseeScloseeabout 3 years ago

Such an incredible start to a new series! I love that you ie in characters from previous stories. The fact that this series might unfold a little slower is no big deal to your fans. It will actually be like foreplay. I nice slow build up that will leave us waiting and hoping for more, that will be coming.

Take care of you and the things that you need to do and we, your fans, will be happily waiting and watching for the next installment of this great story!

TravelerinmdTravelerinmdabout 3 years ago

Love how this is starting.

shinyfanshinyfanabout 3 years ago

Take your time, and write us a beautiful story!

Kosova_guyKosova_guyabout 3 years ago

ok. love the story. love the tone. love the point of view. cannot wait for the next chapter. you are an amazing story teller. thanks for sharing.

Jay545Jay545about 3 years ago

Patience, I must and I will have patience.

Thank you B.S

Live life, take care.

DukaaDukaaabout 3 years ago

Off to a good start already, can't wait for the next chapter. I didn't expect Viv to get a her own story but it looks interesting so far. It's obvious you invest a lot of time and effort into your stories. Take as much time as you need when life gets in the way. The result will be worth it. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

steviecapsteviecapabout 3 years ago

Omg! Your back! I might be a little happy 😂. I enjoy your stories so much, as you are well aware. Looking forward to seeing how you develop her character. She deserves to have some depth development.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Glad you're back!!

I'm enjoying where this is going..

HOWEVER.. we still need a WiM 6. The world needs to know who won the arm-wrestling match between Amber and Jo.

Take care!

shayneoneshayneonealmost 3 years ago

great start looking forward to the next bit i think things are good be well a fan shayne

pseud277pseud277almost 3 years ago

Dont really like chain letter story lines. Too much like sequel-itis. Viv was I thought a pretty cut n dried character from the earlier story Wheels. Two-dimensional boohiss butch careless of the virtuous Addison's feelings. Thats why this story really grabbed me right away. Tremendous character development at 90 degrees separation from the helicopters and hospitals of the earlier stories. A great story in its own right even if it isnt finished yet.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

Hello Big spoke ....... You're absolutely talented writing stories ....... Its always a pleasure and so is it here too ...... A great lifelike start and we will see there it goes to......... Yeah hard landing is so extraordinary fabulous and now im happy to have you back with a new tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm fascinated with Viv's character, and trying to understand her. She finds it difficult to share her feelings. I suspect there's more than she's telling us, maybe more than she's telling herself. It's been 3 years and she's still hung up on her break up with Addison. The relationship must have meant a lot more than she admits, even though she seems not to have been able to show it. Since Addison she's really gone downhill, changing her dating habits, not for the better. Sure, she made a mistake, but why has it affected her so badly? Why does she feel so unworthy of being loved? Even though she's apart from her mother she has other loving family. I can't put it down all to Addison. What is her dating history before Addison? When they first met Viv says that she'd just come out of a break up. Is there some back story that explains where this feeling started?

DecemberstouchDecemberstouchalmost 3 years ago

I am just glad to have you back! Came back here to re-read your stories when I saw this.

Kindly take as much time as you need, we would be here whenever you are ready :)........💙

Rain29nsleep12Rain29nsleep12almost 3 years ago

Welcome back. Don't worry about the speed. We wait patiently for your annual creation :)

dbrok1dbrok1almost 3 years ago

Thank you. I have thoroughly enjoyed every story you have so far graced us with. Please continue, your efforts are much appreciated.!

dbrok1dbrok1over 2 years ago

You are one of my favourite authors. I am involved in your characters, always hoping for the best. Thanks for your efforts!

Sausage17Sausage17over 2 years ago

This chapter hit me hard, not gonna lie. I love it though, just like everything else you’ve written. :)

Going in, I didn’t think I’d like reading about Viv, but hey, two sides to every story right?

Oh, and don’t worry about the gaps, I’ll still be here (and I’m pretty sure a lot of others will be too). :D

Runner4069Runner4069about 2 years ago

I love your work(I've read everything you posted on here), so thanks for sharing and I'm happy I waited for this to be finished, as now I'm hooked. Much like Manny I hope for better things for Viv to come in the next few parts. Thanks for sharing, I appreciate your level of detail, realism, and overall extraordinary writing talent!

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

When I first read the beginning of this story I was like "oh crap her again." That was not fair to Viv or to you so I continued reading and saw a very different Viv. She is still broken but I hope she can heal as you have so splendidly healed others in your stories. Solid start thank you.

CorporalTraversCorporalTravers12 months ago

I really liked what you did with Viv in this story, because, let's face it: In "Wheels in Motion" she felt more like a Plot Device than an actual Character. But here, you've done a splendid job at humanising her (for lack of a better word)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

U have done it again Broken. This is your retired Marine who thinks you are incredible. I hope your life improves or lets you show us more of your talent.

username37username374 months ago

So, I haven't commented yet. I even didn't rate some of the first stuff I read, and now I need to go back and do that.

I started this without realizing it'd be Viv, and just kinda went with it because I was so into Hard Landing and Journey (trying to keep things timeline-sequential). I have no idea where this will be heading, but you're an amazing writer and I'm gonna read it all anyway. Just wanted to say thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES