All Comments on 'The Journey Ch. 03'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
Kosova_guyKosova_guyalmost 3 years ago

cannot wait for the next chapter. you are a fabulous storyteller. thank you for sharing your work.

quitewronglyquitewronglyalmost 3 years ago

It's not that I have a problem with continuity, per se. But after a year of lock down, I'm not really sure of the whole "linear time" thing, you know?

Seriously, great story, I'm digging where this is going and damn you for the cliffhanger. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Noooooooooooooooo! Another wait!! Hahah. Regardless, I am grateful to have encountered such a great story that dissects the intersectionality of life. Thanks for being real!

Inscription1213Inscription1213almost 3 years ago

Brilliant as always. I had a very bad impression of Viv in The Wheel in Motion storyline but reading all 3 chapters of Viv’s story makes me like her more and more and makes me understand the reasons behind her attitude. Can’t wait for the next chapter. You are an amazing writer and such a tease with the last sentence.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Saw Chapter 3...

...on the New list and immediately abandoned thought of doing my own work until I'd read this. Excellent, BS. I particularly liked the scenes set in Viv's college classes which gave plenty of food for thought. Chapter 4 cannot come soon enough.

shayneoneshayneonealmost 3 years ago

i think your great and ill keep reading as long as you keep posting its character and stories that i like most and you do well be safe well and happy a fan shayne

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoestherealmost 3 years ago

Spokes - this is shaping up to be one of your best yet. I didn't think anything would replace "Hard Landing" are my favorite of yours, but this may just do it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This continues to be one of the most interesting stories I've read on here, consider impressed and hooked :) Also, you've really managed to stick to your expected schedule of about a month between chapters and I'm very thankful for that - I'm sure finding the time isn't always easy, so I wanted to let you know that your efforts are much appreciated!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think it’s a great story. Very seldom does a writer have the patience to be a story teller. You seem to have perfected that talent. Most readers would define “Hard Landing “ as your strongest work. I actually believe this is your most polished to date. Can’t wait to read the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoying the story… strangely I think my favorite part of the story is Dr. May’s class. Looking forward to the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really excellent, and I agree with “wrongly”, damn you for the cliffhanger!

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

So evident how deeply you pour yourself into your writing. You immerse yourself, and we in turn are invited to do the same. I am captivated by Vivian’s story and the 3-dimensional characters that are part of her journey. And must say, thoroughly enjoy how you weave your stories/characters together.

BrokenLance13BrokenLance13almost 3 years ago

We love this story!! After previously meeting Viv, we didn’t like her much but that was a one sided perspective. Seeing things from Vivs side has shone a new light on her character and we love her! Bev is especially in lust with her character, lol!

We are looking forward to the next instalment.

Five stars from the three of us.

Love Lance, Roxy and Bev💜

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

i've been so hooked on this story I come to this site at least once a week looking for an update lol im looking forward to the rest :) random but i read this before work today and I've been thinking about that ending part and i thought it could be Addison but i really hope it's bow-head, i need this.

XactoXactoalmost 3 years ago

I’m LOVING this story. Thanks for fleshing-out the “villain” of a previous series. It helps me check my prejudices. ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh BS... thats COLD and MEAN!!! Dang, that CLIFFHANGER.

Most of ME wants it to Dr May... it wouldnt hurt if it will be Addison but am getting this great VIBE it will be Dr May.

But man the wait to how is really killing me. I miss the old characters you have work on... yet am hook with where you will take this Story... am too intrigue ang curious how you'll turn around the BAD REP that's clouding Viv character. I hope the next Part will be much longer.

I know you have warned us... am still hoping.

Oh BTW... I miss LITTLE VOICE.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

great story :)

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienEllealmost 3 years ago

It's Addie, Kat or Jane... which means it's Jane. Unless it's someone else, but it isn't. Okay, now that I've gotten that clear in my head; this is maybe your best tale so far! Just beautiful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ohhhh... is it Addison? Is the the hot Prof? I am just here at the laptop doing a full Seven "WHAT'S IN THE BOX!?"

Glad to see some growth. I guess we got another 4-6week wait but that's ok can always go back to the other stories :)

Stolen Initials

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'm very much wondering where this story is going. Or rather I think it's clear what the end looks like, but I'm curious about the journey it's going to take to get there.

Viv seems much more at ease with herself in this episode. Being successful in her college courses must have helped a great deal. But she was in such a bad place at the beginning of this story that it doesn't seem quite enough.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Love the way this is going. Congrats! Your story hasn’t even been up a day and you’re already Hall of Fame. Thanks so much. Please don’t make us wait too long.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonalmost 3 years ago

I'm finding my wasp mind being stretched a bit. I know this is a racist society and I do my best not to act like I am privileged but I unconciously do it because I grew up in that environment. Viv is educating me.

BaelinythBaelinythalmost 3 years ago

The characters are fun, but portraying the (as it seems) only white person in the class as a privileged "white chick" that doesn't understand racism simply because she hasn't lived it is racist in itself. Also the 2nd mention of Ta-Nehisi Coates, one of the biggest racists in modern media, is just ...

tx_star_gazertx_star_gazeralmost 3 years ago

WHO is it? Can't wait for next chapter!

Slurpy29Slurpy29almost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this chapter and the views you presented, both the professor’s and Connie’s. The way you wrote this I think you’ve experienced this or have thoroughly research the topic. Seems like they had a great impact on Vivian and her confidence. If she works hard she can go anywhere and that she shouldn’t think she’s beneath anyone. Loving where you’ve taken us so far and looking forward to reading where this trip will take us. Another very well written chapter.

CharmlesCharmlesalmost 3 years ago

Love it... a little slow but then, serves me right for being impatient! You could have been a little nicer and not leave us hanging though. I know you don't want to be responsible for any anxiety issues! Please don't take too long... please!!!!

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 3 years ago

Already left a comment but could not help myself: last 3 lines - perfect.

Marbury1803Marbury1803almost 3 years ago

Jane would be cool.....as would Addison maybe. But two things. First, like a lot of your commenters, I didn't much like Viv in "Wheels", but that may be as much because she seemed an impediment to an ending I so totally needed (i.e., Addison and Liz happening....) The other thing....I really enjoyed Viv's thoughtfulness in class, and Jane's mentoring the whole class in seeing, or at least trying to see, issues of class and race from perspectives other than one's own. Were I able, i would treasure the chance to take jane's class. Thanks as always for sharing your storytelling with us. I feel much privileged to read it and immerse myself in your characters.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 3 years ago

Beautiful. Can't wait to see who it is tapping Viv's shoulder.

lilshymynxlilshymynxalmost 3 years ago

ARRRGHHHH!!! 'Spokes you are so CRUEL with that cliffhanger, and yet so masterful! The possibilities abound! So amazing to go in this journey with Viv.

Kudos for attacking the issue of race and presenting it in an intelligent and rational manner,

inkyhauntinkyhauntalmost 3 years ago

I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this story as much as your others--in part because Viv was such an unlikable character in "Wheels in Motion." But you've given her incredible depth and complexity and I now can't wait to read the next part. ! I teach at a community college, so I know that the struggles Viv goes through just to get to college and to succeed are right on the mark and it's great to see that sort of thing represented in such a well-written and engaging story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable.

You got me thinking in the Wheels series, and you get me thinking in this series.

And I like it. Thinking is sexy!

I enjoy Vivian, and her relationships with her family and friends. They are all very real and convincing.

I enjoy Jane (Sorry, Dr May) and her class.

I *DONT* enjoy waiting for such a long time between chapters, but I guess this is life.

Thank you very much for the effort and talent spent on writing this.

silveraidersilveraideralmost 3 years ago

I love the stuff you write. Your characters are amongst the most fully developed on Literotica, their situations present a different viewpoint on life, and they are so well researched whether that's helicopter flying, being a wheelchair user or contemporary racism. Thanks.

LazaranLazaranalmost 3 years ago

.

I will never understand why some readers felt Viv was a villain in "Wheels In Motion". I found her to be the most sympathetic character in the story. The only crime she committed was falling in love with someone who was in love with someone else. When Viv sabotaged her relationship with Addison by cheating on her, it was one of the most noble acts of kindness she could have performed. It opened the way for Liz and Addison to realize their destiny. My heart actually broke for Viv when she was being treated by Liz after the Metro accident and she saw the way Addison looked at Liz. That event scarred Viv more than she already was by reinforcing her belief that she wasn't good enough for Addison, and that she didn't deserve her love. How could anyone blame her for seeing the writing on the wall, and behaving in a way that would guarantee a clean break. I am rooting soooo hard for Viv to find what Liz and Addie have, and I'm hoping she finds it with Dr. Jane May. She is a-May-zing. She seems to bring out Viv's best version of herself.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppalmost 3 years ago
Aarrrggghhhh!!

You end it there! That's so unfair. Lol

Really good stuff. Good characters, good story, well written, thought provoking. A thoroughly enjoyable read. I hope the next chapter comes quickly.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us.

LaurenrAusLaurenrAusalmost 3 years ago

Cliffhanger!! Please don’t leave us hanging too long but your writing is always worth the wait. Love Viv and the other characters. I am shipping Viv and Jane.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsalmost 3 years ago
More Please

Excellent so far, and has the most important thing to me: good and completely developed characters. I've been completely engrossed in a main character whom I feel as if I've known forever. Many more chapters would be nice. Five Stars!

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioalmost 3 years ago

I have enjoyed everything you have written. Two things come to mind with this chapter. One, Dr. May's class was well written and made you think. I am amazed at the level of research you do for your stories. Secondly, if that is not Dr. May who spoke to Viv I am going to be upset. Another 5 stars. Thank you and keep up the amazing work.

Rain29nsleep12Rain29nsleep12almost 3 years ago

Oh, let it be Jane that she met

DecemberstouchDecemberstouchalmost 3 years ago

First of all, can we all take a moment to acknowledge how brilliant Spokes is????? What! The amount of research put into your work every. Damn. Time! Especially this chapter 🤯 nah, too good and no need to remind us to vote, I think you have won already lol....you are leading in every category you were nominated in. #SpokesAmry got your back for sure, we got YOU!

Okay, I guess the saying, "There are two sides to a coin" totally applies here. Reading Wheels one would immediately consider Viv to be the bad guy who toyed with Addison despite her being honest with Viv from day one but now reading Viv's side of the coin, it totally makes sense now she was and sort of still is broken. Hurt people, always hurt people. I hope she finds her way and I guess her being tried of her one-night stand tournament and wanting to actually date someone is a good start and I am quite happy school has been good so far for her. Also hope we get to read from Jane.....sorry, (I guess no one except Viv calls her that🙃) Dr Jane May again and preferably with Viv 😑 I was screaming NOOOOOOOOOO when she met Molly. I certainly didn't think her friendship with Connie would be any good to her but it seems great, we only need good vibes around Viv, thank you. And lastly because I feel like I have been typing forever and probably boring you by now, I hope Viv gets the courage to look for Addison and speak to her because she clearly still has some baggage there that needs to be resolved so she can move on.

As always, thank you for sharing your stories with us 💙

orestes08orestes08almost 3 years ago

I hate to be the one to nitpick, but unless this was written in between the Presidential election in November and the Georgia special election in January, the Rev. Raphael Warnock was a 3rd black Senator, as well as being the first black Senator to represent the State of Georgia. Prior being on the winning ticket in the Presidential election in November 2020 and becoming the Vice President, Kamala Harris was a Senator from California, also becoming the first black person to represent her State in the Senate.

lak1910lak1910almost 3 years ago

I always love reading what you write! Looking foward to the next part of this story

6niner6nineralmost 3 years ago
thank you!

this is seriously good story-telling: the characters are credible; the emotions; real, the humour, sparkling; and the discussions around current affairs, both, well-researched as well as thought-provoking.

just added you to my favourites list, and intend to now read the rest of your works.

kudos, once again

keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love this story!!

Nerdyqueen94Nerdyqueen94almost 3 years ago

As usual upon a cliff hanger I said dammit to not being able to finish. I have a strong feeling the tap was from Jane but I shall wait not too patiently (I joke) for your next instalment. Thanks for a little sunshine in a dark world. I think I will reread your stories to pass the time waiting. Also they are fabulous and deserve another go around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

PLEASEEEEE, Can we have a Setphanie comeback ?

JumpShotHDJumpShotHDalmost 3 years ago

You know i came into this one after reading all your other works and i did not think i could get behind Viv as the person i would side with but you tell her story so well its hard not to feel for her. This is another great series and i cant wait for the rest to be out.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyalmost 3 years ago

You have it for the dramatic events and happeneings and changings ...... Its hard to stop reading your parts or chapters until all have been inhaled , because it's awesome to read your ART

BillyslateBillyslateover 2 years ago

Just a beautiful story with the Viv's life now seemingly on the upswing. Hopefully more good things are in store for her, such as a "date with Dr. Jane May🎉!"

Definitely 5*-Stars!

Runner4069Runner4069about 2 years ago

Absolutely wonderful story, you deal with her internal and external struggles so well, and I greatly enjoyed the discussions during Dr. May's class, I actually learned quite a bit and it opened my eyes to points of views that I hadn't considered. I was more in line with Cindy but the reasons and explanations given are making me see things differently and re-examing things from a new perspective. Not what I expected from my erotica reading but I find it valuable and just another reason I love your work so much, thank-you for sharing!

CorporalTraversCorporalTraversabout 1 year ago

It's True what Dr. May said about people online:

1. Calling Marvel (and in a broader sense Disney as a whole) "politically correct" simply for casting Black Actors. I mean we also saw the stir that Halle Bailey's Casting as the titular character of "The Little Mermaid" caused, and

2. These people treating Political Correctness like its the worst thing ever.

Though I have to admit: There was a time where I too was one of these people. Back in early 2017, after it was confirmed that in the then upcoming Netflix Death Note Adaption, the Character of L., who in the source Material is a extremely pale Asian, would be portrayed by a Black Actor, I was outraged, as was the biggest/loudest part of the Death Note fandom.

But looking back now, 6 years later, I came to realise that back then I was just a stupid 13 year old, who simply got carried away by the peers around him and what I said was wrong.

So, I hope that the people who now are calling "politically correct" as if it were an Insult, will look back some day in the future and realise the errors of their ways, just like I did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Funny. Political Correctness is being used to censor progress - says a liberal. The reciprocal - Political Correctness is being used to corrupt traditional family values - says the conservative. Has it ever occurred to anyone that maybe some person, group, organization etc., is controlling the narrative and laughing all the way to the bank; watching the left and right eat each other over non essential life matters. In other words whats the point of self-expression (liberal or conservative) if it leads to being a slave to dogma.

LiberalMindsLiberalMinds6 months ago

I like the way you mix eroticism with political issues. I noticed there were at least one disappproving comment, but I think this way of developing your story and character(s) makes it more interesting. And exciting.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES