All Comments on 'The Journey Ch. 07'

by BrokenSpokes

Sort by:
  • 84 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love the story! So happy with the direction you took in this chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

TransbianWriterTransbianWriterover 2 years ago

Thank you. For writing so well, for doing what writers do - taking us on a journey with Viv, and Jane, Diego, y hasta la abuela, un poco. By extension, a journey with you. I’ve struggled to read Viv compared to the others, (having started with hard landing), because the content brings too many memories back (luckily, mostly second hand ones. Only mostly though). You found this easier to write, but it made it easier to read, for the same reasons I think. So thank you for writing so well. You’re one of a small group of writers here that made me think “I want to write like that, someday”.

Can’t wait for the rest!

Inscription1213Inscription1213over 2 years ago

First time that I almost cry at the end of the story. So much shit happening to Viv. This whole chapter is magnificently written on how addicted people have to fight their addiction. It is so realistic and not too fantasised, liked the fact that Viv had to make one mistake and drink after going out of rehab. So close to what it must be for alcoholics. Can’t wait for the next chapter. Hope you still have some positives coming for Viv.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You know, I really like your stories. Like, when one pops up under "New" it's an awesome start to a day (central European times here, so updates usually happen right before I get up), and I'll read it - probably before breakfast - and I'll always, without fail, like it. But I think you've done some of your best work with this one. Clearly I'm biased, because it's the post-self-destruction-chapter and as much as writing that comes easier to you, reading it comes easier to me (and many of us, I imagine). But biased isn't blind, and this one is genuinely awesome. More than anything, I admire your ability and willingness to pace your stories; giving a recovery process a whole chapter because it needs a whole chapter and because you don't get the same payoff if you just give me a one page summary of her not doing great, then doing better, then not wanting to leave. There's a part of me that wonders whether the reason for that being so rare on here is because it requires you to already know that people will read your story come what may, even without sex, without characters dramatically breaking up or equally dramatically getting (back) together, or because it's a difficult thing to do well, or because of genre conventions (clearly a little dumb to complain about not enough non-sex happening on a website called literotica.com, I'll admit), but be that as it may:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this new installment for us! I hope folks haven't been too impatient or demanding - we're damn lucky to have you submit book-length stories of this quality to us (like, we'd be lucky if we were actually paying you, and we aren't even doing that), and I'd wager most of us know this :)

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 2 years ago

I'm just blown away. I don't know what I was expecting to come next, but it wasn't this.

Something that I've come close to saying in (anonymous?) comments on previous chapters is that Viv is to some extent an unreliable narrator. That's clearer now she's started to admit the truth to herself.

On a more personal note I can absolutely empathise with her reaction to talking therapy. Although I've never experienced it, I know that I would be just as reluctant to talk.

So Jane has left the door ajar. I never thought the breakup was totally unfixable. I like Jane. We should all be fortunate enough to know someone as wise and compassionate as Jane.

I know that some commentators react negatively to Viv and hence dislike the story, but for me this is the best work you have published here and deserves to be in the hall of fame.

Mykymyk2Mykymyk2over 2 years ago

“ The cold January wind whistling down the street was making my cheeks ache. Her face was an emotionless mask.”

Well done.

jay_pearcejay_pearceover 2 years ago

This is the best chapter yet... so raw and vulnerable.

arg08arg08over 2 years ago

I have been impressed all along by the quality of the writing in this story, and this chapter really reaps the pay-off from all the previous chapters.

As we come into the chapter, we (the readers) are totally with Viv - we've been with her these last few years, we know she's not really an alcoholic, this is just going to be some pain to work through. But then, just maybe, we're wrong? That gradual realisation is beautifully done.

In fact, each of the chapters has managed to make me feel things without having the sense that I've been led there by the author. I often dislike novels with too much politics in them - not because I disagree with the author's politics (I'm often totally in agreement), but because it breaks the illusion of the story, little bits of unnatural dialogue where it's clear the author is talking to me rather than the characters. This story has a lot of politics in it of different sorts, but it all falls as the natural background of the story. Likewise, I often find new stories built around a minor character from a previous story don't really work - either too constrained by what was already revealed about the character, or else there are inconsistencies that are distracting if you have read the earlier work. And in this case I didn't even like Viv that much in 'Wheels in Motion'. Yet somehow the writing convinces me that it's my mistake, I ought to apologise for having mis-judged her.

So, many thanks for providing us with a first class story, and I look forward to Ch. 8 when it arrives.

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
This chapter...

...is the one that put the "POW!" in powerful. It resonated a great deal with me. I'm old and it follows that I've known quite a few alcoholics in my time; three of them had a close connection. Two had long spells in rehab, the third should have done but refused. Not one of them recovered. All are dead, two as a direct result of drinking. All left a great deal of unhappiness behind them. My story Forever Autumn deals with alcoholism, mainly about the effect the alcoholic has on others whereas your story concentrates on the painful road to recovery. Having finished reading it, it is still gripping me by the throat and I can't praise it too highly. Thank you, BS, for an outstanding piece of work.

OpenmarriageohioOpenmarriageohioover 2 years ago

Never put this down. One of the best things you have written. Thank you, as always, for sharing this story with us.

metroalmametroalmaover 2 years ago

We don't deserve you! We are so blessed to be exposed to your talent. That may sound like a giant suck up but this chapter just blows up everything. Viv has a half a chance of moving forward now and we, the readers, have had the chance to experience a little of what that means. You have a gift, honestly you are a gift. We get great stories and free therapy.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Yes, this is the easy way out, but totally what arg08 said. And said better than I would have looking back, my favorite stories are the ones where I'm not reading about people, but where I've identified with/as one of the people. And as much as I disliked Viv from the 'Wheels' stories, I am so there now, in her shoes, in this one. Going to have to go think this one through a few times now....

reddbunnzreddbunnzover 2 years ago

Once again, the author excells in a truer than life story. It shows how the pain that life can throw at us all at one time or another can drag us down. And keep us there if we don't learn how to cope with it, and then make changes to eliminate the cause of that pain. Well done. I cannot wait to read Chapter 8.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lack of sex in one of your stories is never a problem. I just love the amazing writing. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Firstly thank you for a completely absorbing story. I really have loved all of your posts here but this is the best. I ment to carry on reading "The Vanishing Half" a brilliant international best seller, then I saw you had posted and your writing is at least as good so am really pleased I took the detour. Having read the other comments here, is it a sign of how good the story is, how good some of the comments are? I am certainly not including my comment in that category. Really looking forward to chapter 8 but more than happy to wait.

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

The way you can illustrate depth of character, in your characters, amazes me. Thank you for sharing these people with us! ❤️❤️

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow! You really hit the nail on the head. I cried from the moment Viv admitted she was an alcoholic. I think we all suffer from addiction - whether it be booze, food, sex, drugs, running away from life. Viv's realization that there's life out there and that she can have it was enlightening. Thank you.

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

It's painful but all too real. It's a super story and I hope as it develops Viv finds some measure of happiness. If it's possible to do that with Jane, so much the better, but it's good that Viv is finally getting a handle on her own life. She has been so self-loathing that it is good to see that changing. Having been through a serious spell of self -loathing, I understand some small part of that, even though I was never an alcoholic. You are a great storyteller and it wonderful reading your work, even though the pain. The lack of sex was a total non-issue with me.

Whiter59Whiter59over 2 years ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ !!! I’m a man man and I used a lot of tissue’s reading this heart reaching story. There were many issues that I could relate to not being an addict or a alcoholic not to minimize either of those that made think hard about my earlier lifestyle. Thanks brokenspokes for opening my eyes.

Xena75Xena75over 2 years ago

This was hard for me to read. I am a recovering addic 15 years sober. And every day I want to use. You wrote this so perfectly thank you.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 2 years ago

Already the first wave of comments are deeply thoughtful. Your extended telling of Viv's story, the way you are guiding us through her Journey, is holy ground and the only fitting response is for us, the receivers, to take off our shoes in awe. You tell a harsh story -- suffering and sorrow punctuate any life lived -- and yet you tell the harsh story so tenderly. Plainly you love Viv and you let us bask in your compassion.

I deep the Lesbian Sex category of stories open on my computer. Each morning I refresh it to see what's new. Finding a further installment of The Journey, hearing once again from BrokenSpokes gladdened my heart. I scanned chapter 6 before savoring chapter 7. I am a better human being for tagging along on Viv's Journey. Thank you.

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonover 2 years ago

Viv is right. She was a fuck up. She is trying to get her act together and be more positive and is taking the first steps toward being on a good level. Once she gets a little stability she can work upwards from a steady level and be someone she can be proud of. Just keep trying, the only sin is not trying.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

You have created so many memorable characters for us to enjoy/get to know; Viv is unquestionably one of your most vivid. I would never say “the most” because that character is the one captivating my attention at any moment. So, I guess today… . She is the storyline. Loved the internal back and forth angst she experienced — reminded me of Jo and Little Voice in Hard Landing; that and how music and especially lyrics figure in a poignantly beautiful way in Viv’s stay at Pinewood. Thank you for all the effort you poured into creating this piece (and this character).

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

This is a tremendously well written chapter. Incredible writing that covers the emotions a person goes through while in rehab, the no holds barred discussion of the recovery process, the set backs and the never ending road to recovery. You mentioned in the opening there was no sex in this chapter and based on the way you steered the story it definitely didn’t belong here and didn’t detract from a beautiful story. If Viv can gain her self-confidence and recover from everything that has happened (losing all her stuff associated with Jane was kind of cruel, but had its place in the story) she’s going to be very successful. Enjoyed the ending very much, I believe in Jane. Patiently waiting for what comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love, love your writing!!! Always happy to see your post. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Awesome, can't wait for how the next chapter unfolds

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm a recovering alcoholic and a transgender woman. My transition and recovery go hand in hand as did my denial and my drinking (and other addictive behavior). Spokes, I have read and loved everything you've posted here but this spoke to me in a different, deeper way.

I veered between telling Viv I am not co-signing her bullshit and wanting to hug her and tell her it really does get better, same as I feel with most women new to recovery.

For what it's worth, there are LGBT specific AA meetings and I do hope Viv finds her way to one when she gets out of rehab

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 2 years ago

This hits so close to home for me and Viv's experience in rehab echoes that of someone very, very close to me...right down to the the person in group that they could always deflect onto when they didn't wan to talk. Lots of tears shed over this one.

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 2 years ago

What an emotional journey your taking us on. This was really well written. The struggle Viv is going through felt real. Great job. And showing her stumble on her way through recovery makes you appreciate the difficulty of it even more. Makes her seem more human. I look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for sharing.

retnavysec69retnavysec69over 2 years ago

Absolutely outstanding!!! Love your writing, how you make your characters real people with real problems. This chapter was hard for me to read, not because it was uninteresting but because I have lost people close to me from addiction to insert substance of their choice. Please keep up the awesome work and I can't wait for the next chapter. Best wishes BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This an awakening of author. Brovo

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Another great chapter! As always!! And it was very uplifting for me especially considering AA is actually a pretty new addition to my life this year but life got busy and I stepped away for a while recently. Thank you so much for a beautifully crafted and incredibly enjoyable gentle reminder to take care of myself. Several of these scenes hit so close to home that I’m even more in love with the characters and their journey because they feel so human! I’ve loved all your stories and followed your writing for a while now but WOWOWOWOWOW you did a brilliant job with where this chapter went!! Thank you so much!!

steviecapsteviecapover 2 years ago

As always great chapter! That's a amazing development! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You don't know shit about alcoholics. You don't know shit about withdrawal. This was an episode of the fucking brady bunch compared to the real life hell real alcoholics go through. You took the easy way out. Didn't lose their job. No DUI. Breezed right through withdrawal. No real pain. No shame. No moral inventory. No real reason to feel sorry for this person or hate this person. You call yourself a writer? Don't take the easy way out next time. Write about a real alcoholic.

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

As always, you wrote another great continuation of a great story! I’m waiting as patiently as I can for the next part. Wonderful work

lak1910lak1910over 2 years ago

Your writing is always so good! I love the voice you give to your charactors and the way you build your stories. Looking foward to the next part when it comes out!

shinyfanshinyfanabout 2 years ago

OMG. I give you back 2 stars for Ch. 6, 'couse can't give you 7 stars for this...

At my 40+ age, for the first time I found there is such thing as "functional alcoholic". I look in my mirror, and really don't like what I see in it.

Thank you for opening my eyes.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyabout 2 years ago

5 stars are never have been enough and you follow this rule ...... Reading this chapter, as w ll as every otherchapters you have published here, im sooooo taking ..... You easily touching my heart and soul, doesn't matter which intense emotional rollercoaster you offer , YOU ARE STUNNING ...... You truly sooooo talented writing stories and offering details like sceneries or dialogues or monoluges or else, this feels like being part of the stories

Back to Viv ....... Bammmm the next shit show, burning down the house, no just the storage ,,,,,, loosing truly all what left of her belongings and then fall out, booze after short or even come to terms in the rehab or the burden off all her past ....... So walking out into the cold ocean waters wouldn't have been a wonder as little add on ...... What im really thinking about or dont understand, thise "cheatings" with Addison and Jane - with Astrid there was just a game to watch and the forced kiss, sorry being boozed and not acting properly!?!? ...... For the protocol lying cheating betrayal is the worst case scenario and loosing the trust is hardly to repair ...... We will see what You have in the near future events

Thank you for sharing such divine romance literature

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Viv has been the least appealing of your characters and you did a wonderful job of explaining why and how she will repair her image. I salute your ability to make all in your stories come to life with various personalities. Love all your stories and have reread all of them.

lilshymynxlilshymynxabout 2 years ago

Dear "You don't know shit about alcoholics",

Addiction isn't a fucking penis-measuring contest. Ending up living under a bridge talking to yourself doesn't make you a "Real" alcoholic...it just makes you an alcoholic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll agree with anonymous three (or so) down that you gave Viv an extremely easy bye on this one. But then, you also managed to get her into rehab before she actually discovered for herself that she was at rock bottom, which might have made it easier for her. Be that as it may, the biggest thing about this series, about all your writing, is that you are remarkably consistent with your characterization, I never get stopped dead with the thought "Why would she do _that_?" And I think we could see Viv as being on a self-destructive course from teh first time we saw her... hard to write, hard to read, but absolutely in character. No matter how painful, definitely five star work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Anon, everyone’s rock bottom is different. Everyone’s recovery is different. You don’t get to be the judge of whether someone suffered enough, or lost enough. Your comment reads like you’ve got a lot of your own stuff going on that you’re taking out on the author.

Spokes, thanks for getting this one out so quickly. And thanks for giving Viv the opportunity to find a path out of self-loathing.

Everyone else: if you’re struggling with your relationship with drugs or alcohol, but are wary of the 12 step paradigm, there are alternative options, like SMART Recovery, Moderation Management, or LifeRing Secular Recovery.

crittergirlcrittergirlabout 2 years ago

I need more stars to give you. This was beautiful. You write pain and joy so well.

silveraidersilveraiderabout 2 years ago

Emotive writing. A character you really care about. So well done, as always. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dear "You don't know shit about alcoholics" - No two alcoholics are alike and their stories and problems are all different. My father was a functioning alcoholic for most of his life, but he never had a DUI and never lost his job because of it. He only admitted to being an alcoholic when his health deteriorated to the point that he couldn't go to the local pub anymore.

In contrast, my neighbor was an alcoholic and lost his job and his apartment. He was homeless and begging outside a MacDonald's in LA until he found religion and got his life back on track. He's been clean for over 10 years now.

Different people, different experiences of being an alcoholic. Broken Spokes' description of Viv as an alcoholic will ring true to some people but not to others.

sensualinguasensualinguaabout 2 years ago

As always a wonderfully written story with consistent vital characterisations. Anon "don't know shit about alcoholics", this is fiction with very well observed real life situations and people behind the story. Other Anons have commented, take ownership of yourself and your situation, it comes from inside you not the outside world sweeping you along.

BrokenSpokes, please keep writing such great stories, my heart lifts when I see your name with a new chapter or story.

chick2206chick2206about 2 years ago

Shit if this interpretation is true and reality I am an alcoholic. It makes me ashamed. Other than that it was riveting read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Aw :( that was a bit of a psych out because it says 6 pages but it stopped at 5! I'm still in recovery for my knee (torn ACL) which I mentioned last chapter was a godsend to help me forget just a little. I have to laugh at the "you don't know anything" comment by annon. There is another author on a different website who I am a fan of and read and the one theme they have running through their stories and writing is:

How no-ones pain is the same.

How no-ones pain is more or less than another persons pain.

That story was truly great for me as a person because it opened my eyes up so much more to the world. I like how this story is showing me another persons story and they... well Journey as you have so aptly named it.

Thank you for sharing and wishing you all the best <3

Stolen Initials

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Emotional

Even though that was the most unsexy work I think I’ve ever read on this website, it was definitely one of the most emotional. Such a journey! I really felt Viv’s anger, denial and finally acceptance of her situation. Thank you so much for sharing your work with us. I eagerly look forward to the next instalment. Much love and many thanks.

AButchCassidyAButchCassidyabout 2 years ago

Reading this chapter from an eating disorder clinic really hits different

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948about 2 years ago

BrokenSpokes,

As usual, a terrific story! Your work is always full of complex, deeply human plots and characters that your readers (at least this reader) cannot help but fall in love with. I cannot wait to see how this one turns out and hope that your next installment comes quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

BrokenSpokes, you may have never flown a helicopter or driven a train, had an amputation, performed surgery from a wheelchair, been to law school, studied engineering, been in recovery, or bowled a decent score, BUT your insight and research is evident and your gift for storytelling remarkable. Like others I am always delighted to see a new work drop.

shayneoneshayneoneabout 2 years ago

like always great work but on this occasion i had trouble starting only to find it engaging and informative well done be happy safe and well a fan shayne

Ivan0ideasIvan0ideasabout 2 years ago

Dear ‘ You don't know shit’

While you obviously have experience of this area I wouldn’t over analyse this.

I wouldn’t read a story on this site for anything other than enjoyment.

It’s like watching marvel movies (or reading a futa story on here) and criticising the lack of real physics, chemistry and biology.

Ivan0ideasIvan0ideasabout 2 years ago

Oh, and Spokes…? 👏🏻👏🏻

WibblyWobblySexyWexyWibblyWobblySexyWexyabout 2 years ago

Hooray! Viv is connected with herself! Your world building is phenomenal.

Viv is a truly marvelous character. All your characters are. Thank you so much for sharing your craft with us. ♡

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Oh noes! I started reading this without reallising the whole thing wasn't up and now am at a cliffhanger! Brilliant so far. I was never one to particularly dislike Viv in 'Wheels': Addie treated her dreadfully. Glad she seems to be starting to get her shit together. Only thing I'm not completely on board with in this so far is Jane's attitude around the break-up. Sure, Viv said some terrible things. From a hospital bed after *nearly dying*. When the thing that started the spiral was coming out to her grandmother, which Jane had pushed her to do. After she learns the truth from Connie, and realises that she's missed the fact that her loved one was an alcoholic, most normal people's reaction would be some anger, yes, but also a shed-load of guilt (even if not really deserved, I know) and sympathy. Jane's previously been shown to be kind and empathetic, even if her main character trait has been her analytical-ness. So the coldness in the last section here seems out of character. Perhaps it's part of a tough-love plan to help Viv? Or Jane has previous experiences which have made her wary of being close to an alchoholic? Anyway, I'm sure it will all be explained wonderfully. 👍

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5 stars because I can’t give 6!!!

Runner4069Runner4069about 2 years ago

Just an absolutely incredible story, it's so emotional that the word "gutting" comes to mind, in the best way possible. It just pierces straight to the soul, and I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't have an emotional reaction to this. It made me think, it made me learn, and it made me grow as human into hopefully a more understanding, open and better person. Your work is incredible, all of it and thank-you for taking the times to share these masterpieces with us, absolutely blessed. Thank-you!

heydceeheydceeabout 2 years ago

I hope you do continue on to chapter8 and maybe more. Very very well written, thank you for sharing this

Lions86Lions86about 2 years ago

really hope you continue this. also really hope viv and jane are able to work through this and get back together they were good together and thats with viv being a fuck up if she gets her life together they would be great together

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I did not come to this site expecting to find a story that'd make me tear up. Thanks; this is fantastic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Hate this chapter's subject matter.

Only 1 stars instead of five.

I strongly disapprove of your sudden portrayal of Viv as an alcoholic. Up till now she has been a social drinker drinking with her friends. Perfectly normal. Perfectly natural. The second to most intimate thing we as humans can do is to share a drink and a meal together. Just in case some people do not already know this, the most intimate thing we humans do is to make love.

Now she is coerced by these know it all seen it all before well meaning counsellors. She is labelled and pigeonholed to conform to their own failures.

The previous chapters of this story do not support this action.

My hope until I read the last page was that this newly revealed, yet medically undiagnosable disease, is not where this journey was meant to take us. So disappointing.

Based on your story, this girl did not have a drinking problem till she met a group of people who convinced her she did. Sucks to be Viv, I spose.

MaonaighMaonaighabout 2 years ago
Falling off the edge...

To the previous Anon who seemed to take umbrage at the storyline of Viv becoming an alcoholic when previously a social drinker, your comment suggests that you've never had dealings with real alcoholics. There is the occasional person who is an alcoholic from their first drink but a very high proportion are happy social drinkers, often for years, until for some unknown reason the addiction suddenly takes hold. I've known quite a few alcoholics over the years, at work and in private life, including, sadly, a couple in my own family. Each and every one of them was a 'happy social drinker' until without warning the booze took over and they fell off the edge. Most of them are dead now without ever finding recovery. I found Viv's story completely plausible.

Tawny33Tawny33about 2 years ago

I've enjoyed all of your series in the Blue Girl Universe. The depth of the characters and the emotional connections between them draws me in, and I find it hard to stop reading once started.

I'm proud of Viv for how she's grown, and I was touched by her apology to Jane. I hope they end up together.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

really hope you continue this soon.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 2 years ago

Sorry, but the anonymous who hates this chapter's subject matter appears to me to protest too much. Addiction can be a very gentle seduction. It's oh so easy, in my direct experience, to play the convincing bon vivant who's mostly fun to be around and doesn't go overboard too often. "I'm not the one with th' pro'lem, bub. Jus' lemme 'lone. 'm fiiiine" as your well intentioned pals get you home. Again. It's okay. You're not the one with the problem.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

Wow, thanks for this amazing story. I wasn't much of a fan of Viv in your previous work but over the chapters so far I've become her biggest supporter and I'm willing her to prevail and conquer her demons and find some peace.

This not an easy read for some of us but it very rewarding, I'm so looking forward to the next installments.

RobjustRobRobjustRobalmost 2 years ago

Powerful story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looking forward to chapter 8.

deepred53deepred53almost 2 years ago

I’m so enjoying this, and I seriously appreciate your work and talents

ca_daveca_davealmost 2 years ago

So well done, addiction is a very hard thing to overcome. I hope Viv can do it, and now I understand what caused the breakup with Addison. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, this story is really hitting home for me in so many ways. I love your writing style and these characters truly come to life in my mind while reading your work. I look forward to hopefully hearing more from you! Thank you for posting your work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I could really relate to this story, I am a recovering alcoholic, 15 years now. I finally read this part after putting off for so long. So glad I did. Definitely looking forward to next part.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

The last conversation with Jane and Viv's confession made me shed more tears than all prior parts of this story. Cry me a river. Reading as a catharsis.

RileyworksRileyworksalmost 2 years ago

You are so kind and brutal and honest. Thank you for this. You just may have saved someone. You

jmcharl1jmcharl1almost 2 years ago

I truly loved this chapter. I work in an addiction clinic and this was very real to me. You’re a wonderful writer. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great chapter, I'm going through a lot of this myself right now and, thanks, it's helping...

Anita71Anita71over 1 year ago

Viv is unsure of herself, she is not that strong when something happens to her, I hope she makes it through this difficult period and comes out on the other side.But i truly loved this

well written many thanks

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

This has to be the most tedious and condescending story I've read in a long long time, written by someone who has NO CLUE what they're writing about. I skipped the entire rehab sequence. What total crap. I've been there. And this ain't it, by any stretch.

That's all I have to say now, but I'll have lots to say at the end of the story.

UncertainTUncertainT8 months ago

Brilliant writing, and so much at the core of it all. It hits home harder than I would wish to acknowledge.

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnon6 months ago

When I first read this, I, like many, was surprised by Viv ending up in rehab. Viv doesn't think that she's an alcoholic so she's going to normalise her drinking. But with the benefit of hindsight the clues are there in the previous chapters. She drinks hard, she's often hungover, she drinks to deal with her pain, and in case you missed it - I did first time around - at the very beginning of this chapter her therapist identifies that she drinks when stressed, e.g. when she meets Jane's parents, and she drinks to get to sleep.

This shows tremendous skill by the author.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBrokenSpokes@BrokenSpokes
My author friends AwkwardMD and Omenainen's collaborative account AwkwardApple415 have released a new story today, The Most Mysterious Song. Go check it out and show them some love! It's a sweet little tale. ~~~~~~~~~~ Hello, and welcome to my author bio page. I'm Spokes, an...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES