All Comments on 'The Keeper and The Dragons Ch. 38-40'

by CharlyYoung

Sort by:
  • 34 Comments
cliqueggecliquegge4 months ago

Very enjoyable and I wait eagerly for the next book - thank you for writing

SensitiveHandsSensitiveHands4 months ago

I can’t tell you how happy I was to come across this second book. I had to reread the first one then blazed through the second one in just a couple of days. I am anxiously waiting for the third book. Thank you for continuing the story of the Keeper!

YassreadYassread4 months ago

Another great chapter. Thank you for your amazing work.

Southpaw1430Southpaw14304 months ago

Excellent! Thank you.

SlofredSlofred4 months ago

Thank you for sharing. This has been an amazing adventure, and I am so glad to hear another volume is in the works. 5 stars as it should be. Have a great new year. -

Dwarfstar123Dwarfstar1234 months ago
Awesome can't wait for more

Awesome can't wait for more please

Wh00sherWh00sher4 months ago

The lack of of detail of how wraith felt being reunited, for example is frustrating.

I've commented similar on the last story and previous chapters. You have built a fantastic world, but your chapters feel too short and for me, you don't flesh things out enough.

I want to be immersed in this world you've created, but each micro story in the whole feels like it's been pared back, as if you wrote 5x as much then stripped it back as much as you possibly could. Then stripped it back again.

Some may prefer that, personally, I am prepared to put in the time to read more about this universe and its inhabitants you have created.

Still 5*.

kevmo911kevmo9114 months ago

I was really enjoying this book, but things moved really quickly and without a whole lot of explanation at times. And the final chapter was almost a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. No need to rush things. I'd love to get to know some of your characters better, and maybe see more of their relationships with each other.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is a wonderful series. I have enjoyed it so much and look forward to the third book. So many threads to finish weaving into the story .... I'll eagerly wait!! Seriously hoping that Katrinka and Lan can live together again ... wouldn't the keeper's cabin make a great home for the whole group of them? :)

Rock_Solid_TexasRock_Solid_Texas4 months ago

Loved your story, looking forward to the follow up stories! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

These are incredibly good stories. Please continue this excellent series

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the best Novels I have read in this Literotic Realm...

Can't wait for "Keeper's Justice"

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Love this story keep it comming

quickrick60quickrick604 months ago

Amazing and thank you

rkwspikerkwspike4 months ago

Really like your story and writing style. Keep up the great work!

Robbb_FangRobbb_Fang4 months ago

I mostly enjoyed this book. But overall it felt very rushed.

pourbouypourbouy4 months ago

Thank you for this tale you have told so well. I await when you are able to tell the next part of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Good story. Amazing world you created. I agree with the other comments about it being rushed and chopped. Hook is set, we are staying. No need to rush. We are grateful for what you share with us and will keep coming back for more

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story but I think you could include more details. It’s extremely rushed.

aj758aj7584 months ago

Overall I mostly enjoyed book 2. You've built a complex and very fascinating world with so much more to explore and I'm looking forward to book 3. I do however have a few critiques of the work so far.

Regarding this chapter, the ending for book 2 feels really abrupt and leaves a bunch of lingering questions unanswered. Did Lan return the scroll to the Vísdómur or are they going to be unhappy with him for leaving it with the Sidhe? What was the Vísdómur's 2nd task for him? How'd Lan react to the Aunties' betrayal and shifter attack? What's with Elisabeth's hitchhiker spirit thing?

On a larger level of book 2 I think my biggest criticism of the story is that the pacing is too fast and it's stunting character growth. The short chapters are part of this because each one ends really abruptly. It felt like many of book 2's chapters were hitting their stride only to immediately end. Going from fight to fight or Lan having flashbacks makes for a collection of exciting chapters but the lack of downtime between those beats means there's no real connective tissue that ties the rest of the cast to Lan.

Speaking of the man himself, largely what we know of him is that he's mentally been broken and rebuilt so many times that even with help from therapists he's not in the best shape and both he and the other know it. However outside of his trauma the story hasn't done a great job developing the his relationships and emotional attachments. We know that Lan has a history with each of Niamh, Katherine, Wraith and Elizabeth with some amount of that potentially being romantic. However throughout the two books all we've really gotten from any of them is little snippets of wistful memories and confusion from Lan and nothing but angry bursts of tsundere from Niamh, Katherine and Wraith. When the women aren't in dangerous situations over their head they're complaining about Lan or sniping at him. At this point it feels like there's been more meaningful conversations between the 4 women than there has between any of them and Lan through the entire series. This is disappointing because there clearly is a metric crap ton of baggage for the five of them to deal with but it just isn't happening and instead looms uncomfortably in the mid-ground. Additionally the ominous portents from the Oracle and White Lord that Lan's empathy need's to be hardened is clearly sending up future troubles for the cast but at this point I can't say I'm emotionally invested enough in any of the characters for death flags to be effective.

So yeah, overall I feel like book 2 was interesting and though it had it's share of issues I'm interested in book 3.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm very eager to keep taking in this tale's installments. The focus and nigh poetic weaving of the plot seemed to skew off target in this second book. The enormous amount of genuinely copied and then pasted previous segments was jarring and off-putting and lazy, but if lessons were learned and it leads to better writing and story in the next book, then it's forgivable. This was more of an episode of old Town, with Lan in it sometime. I want his actual character's STORY to proceed, evolve, peak, and resolve, not simply become more and more complicated while he walks to places, gets mad, puts up with abuse, and kills shit, and gets abused more. Looking forward to Book 3. Q~

ET270ET2704 months ago

Love the story and hope to see more from you and a continuation of the Keeper and his friends. 5 ⭐.

goo_neiggoo_neig4 months ago

I enjoyed the story.

Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Overall enjoyed this book. I did buy both books from Amazon. As others have said, this book seemed stilted and rushed. Still have some grammar problems in both books. It's time the Chelan Alpha has some Justice delivered to him. In the first two books, both the Fae, and the Witches have an idea what he is capable of. The Kin have not seen that yet!

RoughRoad85RoughRoad853 months ago

Great story, devoured book 1 and 2 over the weekend.

The story is great but doesn't flow as well as book 1 did. I found there to be a lot of points not addressed/wrapped up at the end, which will hopefully be answered in book 3.

Among the couple of points i personally need addressing (lol): This book takes place about 3 months after the 1st. Quinn was supposed to drop in for the will and go fishing for 2 weeks, his support group ( Gunny, LT, etc) are going to be pissed and worries that he's out of contact, they'll be looking for him.

OpenWordsOpenWords2 months ago

Jesus Christ! What cruelty, tree write such am awesome story and leave us hanging on the edge of a cliff....

golf2lzgolf2lz2 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this story as much as the first. Looking forward to the next series.

janus48janus482 months ago

Another great story!, So grateful for you keep writing.

pedrologpedrologabout 2 months ago

Thank you.

Very much for this wonderful and colorful story. I am very much looking forward to reading the third book.

janus48janus48about 1 month ago

I really like your stories and writing! I’m looking forward to you next book.

NoslengNoslengabout 1 month ago

I'm really looking forward to the next book. Keep up the amazing work.

jameseduncanlvnjameseduncanlvnabout 1 month ago

Eagerly awaiting the next one.

Bushwhacker55Bushwhacker55about 1 month ago

Great story and story line. I love the character development and intrigue you cast and create. Anxiously awaiting book 3!

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

one of the greatest fantasy stories here. For Literotica it could contain some sexscenes, but i greatly enjoyed it also the way it is. Undoubtly 5 Stars from my side. I don't understand two things: firstly about the keeper - he startet streetwise, got mystical trainings vast over bis own age and seemed to get stupid and sloppy to the end of the story. Also there was enough time to make a little sidestory about that little dove which got shot and rescued by Lan. Secondly it is really irritating to see repeadet sone link about "the black dragon with wings description automatically generated" four times in a row. Did you use KI maschines to bring the story up?

Ok, great story, great charakter-description of some and well written. Thank you for publishing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCharlyYoung@CharlyYoung
Hi, I’m Peter K. Young, plain-spoken and mostly self-educated. I wrote “The Keeper” under my father’s name (Charly Young), mainly because it tickled me to think that he would have enjoyed seeing his name on the cover of a book. In my life, I’ve been a hard rock miner, a boile...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES