The Keys Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lydia turned left toward the building's back door without even checking the back hallway. Unconsciously, she was watching herself scamper along in the reflection of the window. Her hair was flowing back and forth. Her breasts were bobbing up and down. Despite everything that had just happened, and her rush to exit the building, there was apparently enough of her subconscious with available mental energy to admire the sight her sensuous natural beauty.

At the end of the hallway, Lydia opened the wooden door and closed it behind her quietly. Again, this room was drowned in darkness save for the red glow of the "EXIT" sign. She felt her way over to the back door, twisted the handle, and pushed. Nothing. It did not shift in the slightest. Lydia produced a subdued groan in exasperation, knowing what must come next. Turning to the side and bracing for impact, she flung her full weight against the door. The door crashed open and she stepped into the night.

Finally outside, she could see in the well-lit windows that no one was coming. She wound the door towards her and threw it shut, creating one last resounding boom that echoed across the pond. Caution was now in the wind. She turned from the building and sprinted across the grass toward the water. Faintly in the moonlight, Lydia spotted her backpack, shoes, and hat. She skidded to a halt and slid feet first on the dew.

Four items in hand, including the key for which she had passed through much trepidation and exposure to retrieve, Lydia picked herself up and took off at full speed around the nearest corner of the retention pond and directly away from Trace and Avers. Streaking across the property, both literally and figuratively, she dared not slow down to take a single look back. No voices followed her, nor the sound of the backdoor opening. She had made it.

Lydia continued until she was across the undeveloped field, a few hundred yards from the back of Trace and Avers. The lights were still on inside, but no other activity was apparent. Checking to make sure that she had everything, she unzipped another key compartment in her hat and dropped it inside. Then, she placed it on her head and put on her backpack. She managed to pull on her shoes as well with a few one-footed hops. She was thankful that she had not stepped in anything hazardous on her reckless run across the field.

She surveyed her surroundings and saw that she was near another tree line across the road, but the thick foliage would not permit entry. Lydia had no cover again but at least in the field the only illumination was moonlight. She rubbed her hand against her abdomen and discovered that she was sweating from her exertion. Beads of perspiration were starting to form down her back, along her neck, and most noticeably to Lydia, between her legs. She looked up at the sky and finally processed what she had just done. A moment's rest was all she would allow for herself to cool off and recollect herself. Lydia was naked out in the open, a fact that she wanted to change soon, and there were more keys to find before she could get dressed again.


12