The Khan Ch. 07: A Tiger Warrior

Story Info
A land of mysterious men and a confrontation.
3.9k words
4.87
2.8k
1

Part 7 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/04/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jun'ai stepped into the glade. Trees with wide reaching branches cast the area in shade. A narrow trickle of water wandered through the rocks. The grass here was tall. Reeds hugged the water's edge. There was a butte of crumbling shale overlooking the creek. The shelf of rock hung over the water.

Jun'ai froze.

On the rock ledge was a hulking tiger. The cat languished. Paws draped over the edge. Its head pointed in her direction. Incisors as long as her forearms. Golden eyes starred at her from the twilight. Ears pricked forward. Alert. Attentive. But he didn't see her as a threat.

She sank to her knees. Eyes fixed on the massive predator. Her movements slow. Calibrated so as to not provoke him. She did the job she came here to do. She uncorked the water skins and filled them with fresh water from the creek.

When she filled the last one, she stood. The tiger raised his head.

Jun'ai tensed.

But the tiger only blinked and watched her as she backed slowly from the thicket of trees and out onto the savannah.

The red sun sat low in the sky, just above the distant hills.

She returned to camp.

There were four minotaurs gathered around the fire. Three were from the Kharolis mountains. One was their guide in these strange lands. She passed canteens to each in turn.

"You look troubled," Sudara said.

"I saw a tiger."

Their guide, a plains minotaur named Lakanta, looked up. "That is a powerful omen."

"What do you know of such things?" Sudara said.

Lakanta glared at the chieftain. "To see a sabretooth tiger is a sign of a coming battle. And to be left unharmed, that is a sign of a great warrior. We call such men, tiger warriors."

The group travelled south. Over the days, Sudara and Lakanta remained in tense silence. A mutual loathing. Then they began butting heads. The bickering was constant. The rivalry was tense. And the atmosphere had become toxic.

Jun'ai spent nights sharing a blanket with Sudara. During the days, she walked with Toran and Engir. They spoke of trivial matters to fill the silence and occupy their minds.

"What do you miss most from your homeland?" Toran asked her.

Without a moment's hesitation she said, "Meat."

Both minotaurs smiled. Then Engir said, "I can't imagine eating the flesh of an animal. It sounds disgusting."

"It's not your nature."

"But it is your nature," Toran said. "Killing for greed seems such a human thing to do."

She didn't rise to the taunt. Instead she shrugged. "Humans, Jackals, Lions. There are several ensouled species that eat meat."

"And our plains cousins eat meat," Engir said with a sideways glance at their guide.

"Yes. I noticed that too." Jun'ai nodded.

"What else do you think they are capable of?"

Jun'ai watched Lakanta as he strode through the tall grass. "I'm not sure. But I suggest we watch this one carefully."

"Wise words," Engir agreed.

A week out from Red Dawn they encountered another community. It was a tribe of men with the heads of gazelle. They had beautiful twisting antlers and long recurved legs. They walked with an odd grace that spoke of speed and agility. The village was a small migrant band. They lived in simple canvas yurts that they broke down and carried with them as they moved across the plains.

When they approached the perimeter, Lakanta took the lead. He spoke to them. Telling them of the need to pass through this land. They listened. Large eyes unblinking. Then wordlessly they gestured him away.

Sudara took a turn. He stepped forward and spoke of their need to catch a band of Drune. Again their unblinking eyes watched him carefully before dismissing him with a back handed wave.

Jun'ai could tell Sudara teetered on the edge. He was about to blow. The pressure that had been building ever since the attack on his village was about to erupt.

She stepped forward and put a hand on his arm. A show of support. Something to diffuse the situation.

He turned to look at her, and she knew in that moment that he was about to do something stupid that would get them all killed.

But then something unexpected happened.

One of the gazelles approached. He bent over, studied her face, sniffed her flesh. Then he turned to the others. "This one's a tiger warrior. She's been blessed."

And with that odd coincidence, they were welcomed into the village.

*

The village consisted of some two dozen round tents. Between them were ropes with colorful pennants that snapped in the wind. There were hand drawn carts laden with supplies. No beasts of burden, no livestock.

In the center clearing there was an intricately carved wooden pole. It had images carved in relief along the shaft. Scenes of battles, scenes of sex, scenes of gazelle headed men crossing mountains, and other gazelles sitting cross legged, hands raised in benediction.

Atop the pole was the carved head of a tiger. Gold foil and ebony for eyes. Ivory for teeth. The head lacquered orange and black.

That evening the travelers shared a meal with their hosts. They gathered around a fire outside the largest of the yurts and listened as an elder told a story.

"There once lived a giant who was the size of a tree and had the head of an elephant. His name was Angrath. He was a terrible monster. He would gore the men of the plains with his tusks. He did this for sport. After he killed someone he would collect a fingerbone from the body. He had all these bones strung on a necklace that he wore around his neck. It was a gruesome display. He did this to show his strength."

"Where did he come from?" One of the younger gazelles asked.

The gazelle waved his hand dismissively. "Who can answer such questions? No one lived long enough to speak to him."

The gazelle continued the story. "He had nine hundred and ninety nine bones on his necklace. And he was ready to add another. A very important one. This was number one thousand. This, he thought, would be his greatest victory. So he went searching far and wide for the perfect kill."

"He heard of a great monk, Zendru. This warrior monk was undefeated in battle. He could survive any attack without so much as a scratch. And he decided this mystic would be his ultimate prize. So Angrath travelled long and far in search of this great warrior."

"When he finally found the monk, Angrath was shocked. This is it? He thought to himself. This is the greatest warrior? You see, Zendru was a gazelle. He was nowhere near as strong as Angrath. Or a minotaur or anyone else, for that matter."

"Then how did he win?" That from another child.

The gazelle storyteller looked at her. "Angrath was about to find out. He lowered his head and charged the monk. He wanted to impale the monk on his tusk. But the monk moved so fast he was a blur of white and brown. Angrath charged right through the spot where he had been sitting a moment before."

"He went to the monk and swung his massive axe." The gazelle swung his hands in simulation of the epic battle. "And again the monk moved so fast it defied belief. One moment he was standing calm and poised, the next he was beyond the reach of the axe."

"Angrath charged the monk again. He swung his axe again and again. Each time he expected to feel the bones of the gazelle break before his blade and each time the blade cleaved nothing but air."

"This went on for days," the gazelle said. "A charge and a retreat. A swing and a miss. Eventually the great elephant warrior grew tired. He fell the ground. The whole earth trembled beneath him. He tried getting up, but he was too exhausted. He lowered his head to the ground. He was just going to rest a moment before resuming his attack on the monk. But in that moment the warrior monk used his speed to get close and make one clean slice across his attacker's throat."

"See. Zendru survived every attack without so much as a single scratch." The gleam in the storyteller's eyes told Jun'ai just what he thought of this trick.

"It was he who gave us our greatest lessons." Then he quoted. "When on the attack be like the charging elephant, strong and determined. When on the defense be like the gazelle, quick and light of foot."

He turned his head and looked straight at Jun'ai. "The sabretooth tiger stands as the perfect master of all fighting styles. Strong and fast, ferocious and liquid. When a tiger appears, he will be the harbinger of death."

*

After washing her wooden bowl, Jun'ai explored the village.

On one end of the village, separated from the other tents, exotic aromas scented the air. The flaps on both ends of the tent were open and there was a hole in the roof for ventilation.

Jun'ai crept forward and peered inside.

In the center of the room was a pair of gazelles. Both naked. The woman was sitting on the man's lap. Her head resting on his shoulder. His head pillowed against her breasts. Their eyes were closed and they were breathing slow regular breaths.

Jun'ai noticed his member was inside her. But they remained perfectly still.

A brazier of incense and a multitude of candles sat around them. There were carved wooden votive statues. A tiger headed man with a glaive. A gazelle man with robes and a staff. This was some kind of erotic meditation.

She felt as though she was intruding. So she turned to leave. And she noticed a gazelle was standing behind her.

Jun'ai gasped. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to disturb their-" She broke off. "Whatever they are doing."

The gazelle cocked his head to one side. "Then do not speak where they can hear."

When they were out of range, she asked what she had seen.

"That is our fertility meditation. They sit in the lotus position, one atop the other, forming a complete circle. The man inside the woman. They must maintain arousal, but not succumb to their desires. This teaches them to control our sexual energies. They remain motionless in that state for one hour and focus on the physical sensations. The touch and feel of the other person. This creates greater intimacy. They do this every day for a month. Then, when they finally succumb to the act, the tension between them will be great. His seed will be very strong."

"I'll bet," Jun'ai said.

*

The five travelers sat around the embers of a dying fire.

Several gazelles took to dancing. They crisscrossed the clearing in running leaps. It appeared to be an active form of prayer to the tiger totem.

It was Lakanta who broke the silence. Much to everyone's regret. "Sudara, I would have very much liked to see you entertain my father with a dance."

Sudara glared. Jun'ai held her breath. She followed the undercurrent of the conversation as clearly as if they had spoken their thoughts aloud.

The plains minotaur laughed. "I mean no disrespect." (Of course I do) "I'm simply curious about our mountain cousins, that's all."

"There's not much I can tell you. For one, we don't ride horses." A pause. "And we don't kill for our own self gratification." (A taunt)

Now it was Lakanta's turn to glare.

"What I mean is, we do not eat meat. No offense intended." (Offense very much intended)

"And what of your warrior spirit?" Lakanta asked. "Has it grown dull and impotent living on those peaks, away from conflict?" (A challenge)

Sudara jumped to his feet. "We'll see which one of us bleeds first." (Throwing down the gauntlet)

Lakanta laughed. "Relax, vegetarian. You are a true minotaur, still a warrior. I don't doubt your fighting ability." (We'll settle this another day) "I am simply curious about your tactics. Waging war on a different scale."

Sudara remained standing. "I tire of your curiosities." And he turned and walked away.

Moments later Lakanta stood and left, heading in the opposite direction.

*

That night Jun'ai lay on a narrow cot in the yurt. She lay on her back, her arm slung over her face. She had been crying. It had been a month and a half since she had been with Hakkon. A month and a half into her marriage and she had spent barely a couple nights with him. And she missed her baby, Hyun. She wanted to know her daughter was safe.

She got up, went to the basin and washed her face. Then she sat and watched her flickering reflection in the surface of the water.

Then a face appeared next to hers. Hands held her shoulders. Sudara. His touch gentle. She stood and leaned against his muscular chest. Silently he held her while she cried. He stroked her hair. He rubbed her back. And she released her sorrows.

When she finished, she looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you."

"You are a remarkable woman." A pause. Then. "And there is nothing I wouldn't do for our tiger lady."

She laughed, wiped her eyes with the heel of her hand.

He touched her chin. Lifted her face to meet his gaze. He bent and kissed her. Leathery lips. Strong hands. A chest of chiseled muscle.

Sudara took her to the cot. She went willingly.

She climbed out of her undergarments. Lay naked before him and spread her legs wide.

He undressed. His eyes moved across her pale flesh, devouring her with his eyes.

Jun'ai watched his manhood extend from between his legs. It was huge. Pulsing. Throbbing.

He mounted her. His hot member pressed against her midsection. She trembled. She ached for him. This month in the plains the two of them had rutted a handful of times, but it was not satisfying. Not romantic. Not truly making love.

This was different. He was tender. He kissed her breasts. Her clavicle. Her neck.

Her head rolled back. Eyes shut. She gripped his shoulders. Ran her fingers through the coat of fur. Felt his solid muscles rippling beneath her fingertips.

Then he pushed into her. She was wet. It slipped in easily.

She bit her lower lip, stifled a cry.

"Don't fight it. I want you to scream," Sudara whispered in her ear.

She cried out.

He gripped her waist. Held her tight. He slammed into her harder and faster. He rode her with a growing intensity.

Her long legs wrapped around his waist. Heels hooked behind his back. She smacked his ass. Pulled him deeper inside. She ached for him. Ached for the whole length of him inside her.

He grabbed the bed frame and held himself up. With one hand he lifted her waist.

She knew what he was doing. She flailed about for something to use. She grabbed her cloths from the pile on the floor. She shoved them under her waist. Propped her waist up higher.

Then he slammed into her again. The angle perfect. He went deep.

She screamed.

"Louder."

She screamed again.

"Louder."

She let go. Gave it everything she had. Long and loud.

He slammed it in fast and hard. He exploded inside her. A wet burst. And he pulled out. Thick ropey strands lingered. Then he pushed into her again. This time excruciatingly slow. Calibrated for her pleasure.

She moaned.

"Louder."

She moaned long and loud as he slid himself into her. Each inch of him sent waves of pleasure washing across her body. Across her chest. Down her arms and legs. Her fingers and toes tingled with excitement.

"I love you." She hadn't meant to say that. But in that moment, she felt it.

"Say it louder."

Her eyes snapped open. She felt a sudden chill.

"What's wrong?"

She searched his face for some sign of intent. And then she knew. She pushed against him, trying to shove him off. "Fuck you!" She cried out, not caring if anyone heard, hoping that one in particular heard what she said.

"What? What happened?"

"This was all a show, wasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"This was for him. For Lakanta."

"I don't know what you mean."

"Bull shit. You wanted me to scream, you wanted me to be loud, so he'd hear." She climbed out from under him. Stood shivering in the cool night's air. "You and him have some sort of pissing contest. And I'm just your pawn."

"That is not true," Sudara said. He came up beside her. Wrapped his huge arms around her. "I care about you."

She pushed him away. "This was never about us. This was never about your feelings. This was about showing him who's the bigger man."

He stood looking at her for a long time.

At last she spoke. Her words were slow and soft. "I am a married woman. And I love my husband." She fought back a sudden rush of tears. "My feelings for you are strong, Sudara. In a way, I love you too. But you are not him."

Sudara walked to the flap. He paused. Turned to look at her. "Hakkon is a lucky bull." And then he was gone. And she was alone in the yurt. And suddenly she felt very cold.

*

The following morning, they left the gazelle settlement and continued south. They were near the foothills of the southern range. Their quarry was close now. The immediacy of their mission was suddenly apparent.

Sudara walked ahead of the troop. He was brooding. He spoke to no one unless it was to issue commands. He was an island of muscle in a sea of howling grass.

Lakanta kept his distance. He flanked the party. His glaive a walking stick. If he had heard their lovemaking last night, he gave no indication. He was a model of minotaur stoicism.

Jun'ai walked with Toran and Engir. She sought refuge in their simple conversations about the weather and the landscape and about their new home being built at Cloven Rock. She told them much about Hyun. She found in those moments of quiet reflection that her heart ached to see her daughter, to hold her little one in her arms and shelter her sweet innocence from the violence of the world.

One night out from the gazelle village the tension between them boiled to a head. It happened in a way Jun'ai had not been expecting. But it had been her destiny.

Jun'ai sat across a small fire from Lakanta. They shared a meal. Some rabbit the minotaur killed and skinned and gutted and prepared. The others were foraging. The human and the plains minotaur were alone for the first time.

They didn't speak during the meal. But after tossing the carcass in the brush and smothering the fire, he approached her, sat beside her. "You are lost, little one. Far from your home. Far from safety."

"I am not afraid," she said, although in truth she felt it.

"What does Sudara offer that would cause you to betray your marriage?"

She bristled. "My relationships are none of your concern, beast." There, that should end this conversation.

It didn't.

"What can I offer you to betray your marriage?" He moved closer. Put a hand on her shoulder.

Jun'ai stood glowered down at him. "Do not touch me."

He stood. The minotaur towered above her. She suddenly felt very small and very vulnerable. He gripped her arm with one strong hand. Pulled her close. "Attend me, as you did my father, and someday I will make you queen."

His words sent a sudden chill down her spine. "Release me," she commanded. Her tone cold, her fear in check.

"I will even give you the silk woman as a plaything. I know how much you desire her."

"I said, release me."

"You will not lie with me?"

"No."

Before she registered the change in body language, his fist slammed into the side of her face.

She was down in the grass on hands and knees. Blinking rapidly. Spots swam across her vision.

His fist connected with her head again.

She was prone. Eyes gummed shut with blood. Blinking rapidly. Struggled to get her hands under her.

She felt strong arms roll her over. Her hands scrapped across the broken ground, scrambling for purchase in the loose soil and rocks.

She wiped a hand across her face. Smeared the blood. Wiped enough from her eyes to see what was happing. She almost wished she couldn't.

Her boots were already gone. Lakanta worked her pants past her heels and tossed them aside.

She was cold. She was in pain. And she was desperate. The situation completely out of her control. Her heart slammed in her chest.

A moment later he was on top of her. Her legs spread apart. His member rubbed against her midsection. Foreplay. She knew he was just getting started. His musk was overpowering. Fear clenched her chest.

12