The Kingdom Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Just like swinging a sword. Eventually it will feel like your arm's going to fall off after swinging it around for a while, but that too will go away the more you train."

"He's correct," Kendric adds. "You want to keep the fight short so as not to tire yourself out. Your training is coming along nicely, so keep your wits about you and you'll be fine. You have to be smart about it."

I thank Grom again before I leave, and I also thank his apprentice. Both of their faces swell with pride.

Kendric and I wind our way through the city again towards Corinne's shop. When we arrive, it appears to me she's still working on the same blade as she was the other day, bringing Kendric's lesson on craftsmanship to mind.

"I'll be right there," Corinne calls, eyeing the blade carefully. A few minutes later, she sets it down, then disappears through a door. She reappears carrying a bundle wrapped in cloth.

"Here you are Quillion," she says, smiling as she hands me the bundle. It seems heavier than it should for a simple dagger.

I set the bundle down and unfold the cloth. Within is the most beautiful dagger I've ever seen, not that I've seen many daggers, but the craftsmanship is obvious. Not at all gaudy, the grip is wrapped with alternating, criss-crossed leather strips dyed in four different shades, then bound by gold wire at the pommel and cross guard. The blade is also etched with some kind of pattern.

"This is amazing, Blade Master Corinne. Thank you!" I tell her exuberantly.

"You're very welcome Quillion. It was a pleasure to make. Be sure you take good care of it."

"I most certainly will!" I assure her.

"But you're not done yet. There's more. Keep opening," she tells me, pointing at the bundle.

The next layer reveals a pair of soft leather gloves.

"Those are for grip, and to prevent someone from cutting your hands easily in an attempt to disarm you. It's better to avoid being hit, but sometimes a parry goes wrong."

"They fit perfectly. But why a pair? Won't I need just the one?"

"Keep opening."

My mind reels when I peel back the next layer of cloth, revealing the dagger's twin. And with it, a harness with two scabbards, designed to be worn not at the waist, but hidden under my tunic.

Corinne shows me how to put it on and tighten the straps, as well as how to easily take it off again. I practice a few times, repeatedly drawing and sheathing the blades, adjusting it as necessary. Satisfied, I pull my tunic back on.

I choke up. "I don't know what to say," I tell her.

"You've already said thank you. You don't need to say any more," she assures me, smiling warmly, placing her hand on my arm.

Kendric is also moved by her going above and beyond. "Thank you Corinne," he says quietly. "You've done us a great service."

"You're both very welcome," she says, moving her hand to Kendric's arm.

He looks down at it, then clears his throat.

"The Duchess advised me to give you this as payment," he says holding out a purse full of coins.

Corinne accepts the pouch and looks inside. Her eyes widen. "Kendric. This is too much."

My moment has arrived. I jump in before Kendric has a chance to say anything. "Actually..."

They both look at me, waiting.

"Actually, Captain Kendric, I'm supposed to tell you something. The Duchess advised me to give you an order, from her."

"An order? What kind of order?" he asks suspiciously.

"Her order is that you take the rest of the day off and use some of that money, whatever is left over from the cost of equipping me, to enjoy yourself, perhaps enjoy some form of entertainment, or perhaps take someone out for a good meal."

Kendric looks at me, speechless. Corinne begins to smile. She looks hopefully at Kendric.

"So, Captain, if you don't have anyone else in mind," I say casually, "I am getting kind of hungry..."

He glances at Corinne. She looks at him expectantly. He looks back at me. His mouth moves but nothing comes out.

"Ahhh. No need to apologize. I can see you already have someone to join you for dinner," I say, turning to look at Corinne. He smiles at her shyly.

"Well then," I announce. "I'll just be on my way and leave you two to decide how to spend the rest of your evening."

I turn to leave, then add as an afterthought, "Oh. The Duchess doesn't expect you back until tomorrow around nine in the morning, just before we prepare to leave Carnelia."

Straightening my tunic to ensure my daggers are concealed properly, I tell Corinne how pleased I was to meet her, thank her again, then leave the shop.

§ 12 ~ Escalation

Having made a note of certain landmarks during the previous trips, I find my way back to the castle easily, but not before stopping at one of the shops I spotted on the way to Corinne's.

When I finally return to the castle, it's past dinner time. Fortunately the kitchen still has warm food, so I fill a plate and sit down at a table by myself to eat.

When I finally make it back to my room, I splash my face and clean my teeth before entering Teritha's sitting room. The only person I find there is Teritha, sitting in front of the fire.

As I walk over and sit down on the couch next to her, she glances at me briefly, then returns her gaze to the flames dancing before her. She seems lost in thought, and the look on her face indicates she's wrestling with heavy matters, so I just watch the fire with her. After a while, she takes a deep breath, then lets it out.

Quietly, I say, "Teritha, I want to thank you for the new equipment, and for everything else you've done for me."

She turns to me, smiles and replies, "You're welcome Quill. And I'd like to thank you for everything you've done for me. And for everything you're probably going to do, like save my life. I'm not sure I've done you any favors Quill. I think I'm getting the better end of the deal."

"But you could have anyone protect you," I object. "Certainly someone trained better than me."

She looks at me long and hard, and I feel a lecture coming on, about how I shouldn't think so little of myself. But instead, she surprises me with a question.

"Quill, if I were to offer you ten thousand gold to assassinate my husband, would you?"

I look at her in shock. "Of course not! And if you're serious, I'm afraid I'll have to report this to..."

I pause as the implications catch up with me. I was going to say Captain Kendric, but is he loyal to the Duke, or to Teritha? Who else could I tell, and would I be able to tell anyone before they...

"It's okay Quill," she says gently, placing her hand on my arm, interrupting my train of thought. "You don't need to think about it any longer. I don't want my husband assassinated. It was merely a question to show you exactly why I want you, and not someone else, to protect me. You can't be bought."

She slips down to her knees in front of me and takes my hands in hers. "If it ever comes down to it, you're my last line of defense. I trust you with my life Quill."

Struggling how to respond to her words, I open my mouth to say something, but I hesitate.

She continues. "And before you ask... No, I didn't share myself with you so you would lay down your life for me. I chose you BECAUSE you would, not SO you would. You have more heart than anyone I've ever known."

Choking up at her words, I make her a promise, "I'll protect you to the best of my abilities and I'll continue to train hard. I'd never forgive myself if I allowed anyone to harm you."

"I know Quill," she says, beginning to cry. "I know."

I stand and pull her up and into my arms. We hold each other fiercely.

"Thank you," she whispers.

"Now," she says, pulling back and wiping her tears away, "Let's see what twenty gold buys! That hug was quite uncomfortable!" She laughs.

I step back, then reach under my tunic to draw my daggers in one fluid motion. She looks truly impressed. I flip them so the pommels face her, then offer her both. She takes them and examines each closely.

"These are sooooo worth the price I paid. I think they're even better than mine," she says, holding one up to inspect it more closely.

"You have a pair like these?"

She smiles at me, amused. "Of course. Would you like to see them?"

"Yes! Very much."

"Alright," she says, flipping them back over and holding them out to me. She watches as I re-sheathe them under my tunic. Then she lifts up the front to check out the harness as well as my hauberk. Nodding her head, she says, "Follow me."

She leads me to her bedroom, closes the door, then opens one of her trunks. Lying on top of some clothing are a pair of daggers in scabbards. She picks both up and hands one to me. We each draw a blade. I pull one of my own daggers and compare the two. They are so similar in style that I have to ask.

"Were these made by Blade Master Corinne too?"

"Yes. Captain Kendric assured me she was the best, and I believe him. Since he purchased these for me, I've seen nothing that even comes close. Until now."

I sheathe my dagger and hand hers back. She places them back in the trunk, then turns back to me.

"By the way, that was a wonderful thing you did for Kendric and Corinne. I've been struggling to find some way to thank him for all he's done for me over these past few years. I had no idea they had a romantic attraction to each other. I should have known based on how he speaks of her."

"You should have seen his face!" I laugh. "He looked like a cornered rabbit, but one that was hoping to be caught!"

Teritha laughs, and I can't help but smile at her. She's positively beautiful when she's happy.

"What?" she asks, seeing my expression.

"Nothing."

Obviously not buying my answer, but letting it drop anyway, she commands me, "Take off your tunic and remove your harness. I want to see your hauberk."

I do as she says, laying my tunic and harness on a chair. Her hands move across the rings, getting the feel of it.

"Is it heavy?" she asks.

"Not too bad, but I've only had it on for a few hours, plus the weight is distributed well."

"Can I try it on?"

"Uhm... sure," I say.

"Unbutton me please," she says.

I do, then begin lifting the mail shirt over my head as Teritha steps behind her dressing screen to remove her dress. A minute later she emerges wearing a pair of pajamas.

I point to the inside of the hauberk. "See here? It has pads woven into the shoulders to make wearing it more comfortable."

I lift it over her head and help her adjust it evenly onto her shoulders, where it fits too wide despite fitting well in the chest area.

"Oh my. This is heavier than I thought it would be." She laughs. "Okay, help me out of this thing."

I lift as she wiggles out the bottom. Lifting it free, her pajama top inadvertently comes with it.

"Oops!" she laughs.

I pull it free from inside the hauberk, but hesitate giving it back to her. My eyes drink in the beauty of her nakedness.

"My top please," she says, holding out her hand, a smirk on her face.

I hold it out, then quickly raise it over her head as she reaches for it.

"Oh, so you want to play around, huh?" she asks, amused.

I just smile at her.

She moves close to me, her breasts pressing against my chest. She places her hands on my waist then tilts her head up and parts her lips a mere fraction of an inch, beckoning me to savor them.

As I lean down to kiss her, quick as lightning she grabs my trousers and pulls them down to my knees.

I react without thinking, dropping her pajama top and reaching for my trousers to pull them up. In one motion, she catches her top and shoves me backwards onto the bed. As I lay there stunned, she jumps on top of me and pins my arms down with her hands.

"We need to work on your reflexes," she teases. "That was way too easy."

"I was distracted," I argue in my defense.

"I could see that," she says, leaning over until her breasts brush against my cheeks. As I kiss them, she moves from side to side slowly, pausing for me to briefly suck on each nipple.

"Mmmmm... Oh Quill, what am I going to do with you?"

"I've got a few ideas," I say.

"I'll bet they're the same ones I have right now." She releases my arms and lays down on my chest. As she kisses me, my arms encircle her waist and my hands slide into her pajama bottoms to squeeze her ass. I slide her bottoms down as far as I can, then she reaches down to push them past her knees, finally wiggling out of them completely.

Her legs now free, she straddles my waist. Sitting up, she braces herself by placing her hands on my chest, then moves forward and backward, her bare pussy sliding along my now erect shaft. I reach up and take her breasts in my hands, rubbing her nipples with my thumbs.

"Mmmmmm... Is this what you had in mind?"

"This is exactly what I had in mind," I confess.

Having had enough, she slides her drenched pussy all the way forward, arches her back, then slides backwards, deftly working my cock into her opening. As it fills her up, she whimpers, "Oh...... fuck.... mmmmmmm."

Her hips move in a rocking motion, my full length sliding joyfully in and out of her. Her pace quickens. Her face is pure bliss as she rides her way to an orgasm.

As her euphoria fades, she lays down on my chest. I hold her tightly for a few minutes, then just as she's sitting back up, we're startled by someone knocking on the bedroom door.

"Duchess Teritha!" It's Lisbeth. "Sorry to disturb you, but something's come up! Your presence is needed right away!"

Teritha looks at me, a concerned look on her face. "Wait here," she instructs. "I'll be right out Lisbeth!" she yells.

She climbs off of me and grabs her robe, wrapping it around her as she heads for the door. As I hide under the covers, I hear Lisbeth telling her sister about some incident that happened in the castle between a handful of guards from both dutchies.

"Okay, tell the Duke I'll be there shortly. I need to get dressed." She closes the door and begins changing as she talks to me.

"I'm sorry Quill," she says quietly. "I have to go right away before this gets any worse. Will you please button me up?"

I get out of bed, my erection standing at full attention. She looks at me sympathetically and kisses me. "I'm afraid I won't be back soon enough to take care of that. I may be gone for quite some time."

"That's okay," I tell her, buttoning up the back of her dress.

"Should I send Lisbeth in?" she asks playfully, turning to look at me, mischief in her eyes.

My eyes grow wide. Does she know?

"I'm just kidding," she laughs. "I'll make sure she and Micaelah go back to their bedroom so you can sneak away."

I finish putting my clothes back on, except for the hauberk and daggers, then wait a few minutes after she leaves. Listening at the door, I hear nothing, so I quietly open it and peek around the corner. The room is empty. I leave her bedroom, then quickly cross the sitting area and open the door to my bedroom.

Quietly shutting the door behind me, I put my equipment away, remove my clothes and crawl into bed. As I'm about to blow out the candle, I hear a quiet knock at the door. At first, I think it must be the guard passing on a summons from Teritha to join her in the meeting with the Duke. Then I hear it again. It's coming from the door to Teritha's suite.

Not wanting to get dressed again unnecessarily, I say, "Come in."

The door opens, and standing there in her beautifully embroidered robe and slippers is Micaelah. "Quill? I'm sorry if I woke you," she says softly.

"You didn't. I was awake," I assure her.

"May I come in?" she asks hopefully.

"Of course."

She slips in quietly, closes the door, then looks at me for a few seconds as I relax under the covers, waiting for her to explain the reason for her visit. But she doesn't say anything. Instead, she walks straight over to stand next to me.

"Your robe is beautiful," I say.

"Thank you," she replies with a shy smile, then opens it and lets it fall to the floor. Naked, she lifts the covers and slides in the bed next to me.

"Micaelah..." I begin to say, but she pulls my face to hers and kisses me. Her hand moves down my stomach and finds my still semi-erect cock.

"I was hoping we could celebrate my birthday again," she says, squeezing. My cock quickly grows to its full length as she strokes it.

"Does Lisbeth know you came in here?" I ask.

"No, she went with Teritha. Will you kiss me like you did the other day?"

I can't help but look at her perky breasts, the pink nipples fully erect, just waiting to be sucked. But first, I kiss her like I did the other day, and since she doesn't need to share me with Lisbeth, things proceed more quickly than last time. I kiss her mouth, her ear, her neck, her breasts and her tummy, then continue lower until I reach her already drenched pussy.

My time with Jolie was very enlightening, and Micaelah certainly seems to be appreciating my education. Her pussy tastes as sweet as Jolie's, but she squirms around even more. Soon she's panting so hard that I'd swear she was suffocating. Then she suddenly cries out, her hands forcing my face tight against her pussy, her body quivering uncontrollably.

Finally, she relaxes her grasp and pulls me up to hug me tightly. A few minutes go by before she kisses me hard, then pulls me on top of her. I follow her lead, guiding my cock to her snatch. I push the head in, then look at her to see how she's doing. But she's apparently ready because her legs wrap around my hips and her ankles urge me forward. I push all nine inches into her tightness, feeling it stretch. She's so wet though, it slides in easily, and she urges me to pump faster. Soon, she's moaning in time with my thrusts. "Mmmm... mmmm... mmmm... mmmm..."

Her cries grow louder, and I feel my own orgasm approaching fast.

"Ooooooooh! Ooooooooh! Ooooooooh!" she cries out.

I can't wait any longer though, so I pull out, scamper quickly off the bed and grab the chamber pot. Fortunately it's empty and clean. I stroke my cock as streams of jizz shoot into the pot. Micaelah crawls over to watch, then grabs my cock. I let her stroke me as the last few spurts make their way out, some drizzling onto her hand. She holds her hand up, considering the sticky stuff, then looks around in search of some way to wipe it off.

"You can lick that off if you want," I inform her. "It won't hurt you even if you swallow it, and I've heard it doesn't taste bad."

She looks at her hand again, then touches the stuff with the tip of her tongue. She shrugs, then licks some off.

Concentrating on the taste, she apparently agrees with what I told her, sucking the rest off and licking her hand clean. She swallows it, then looks at my cock, slowly growing smaller. Seeing more jizz hanging from the tip, she takes the head into her mouth and sucks. She milks me a few times, sucking as much out as she can, then swallows.

She looks up at me and smiles. "Thank you Quill. That was wonderful!"

I sit down and pull her into my arms. Kissing her sweetly, I tell her, "You don't have to thank me Micaelah. I enjoyed that at least as much as you did!"

Later that night, long after Micaelah scampers off to her own bed, I'm vaguely aware of someone crawling into mine. She snuggles close to me, so I put my arms around her, then fade back into sleep.

§ 13 ~ Evacuation

An hour or so before dawn, I'm awakened again by someone urgently whispering. "Quill! Wake up! There's no time! Get dressed! Quickly!"

I come awake fast and look around in the dim light thrown off by a single candle. Jolie is kneeling next to my bed. Teritha sits up behind me.

"What is it Jolie?" Teritha asks her. If Jolie is surprised to see the Duchess sharing my bed, she doesn't show it. Unless she thinks it's Lisbeth. I look at Teritha and decide it's definitely Teritha.

"You have to come with me. Now! They may be on their way here already!" she whispers urgently.

1...45678...12