The King's Consort Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She can try." Caitlin scoffed, then her smile vanished. "I want to see him."

His own face went stern and he ushered two more of Zakari's guards aside. When the door opened, that familiar wave of misery hit her. Caitlin could feel the torment of the souls that had passed through his cages, guilty or not, it didn't matter.

The room itself was empty, but the room beyond? That sound-proofed, heavy steel door that separated them from Mia's attacker, would reveal the truth of what she saw in the woods. She could feel the other vampires, what felt like Elsie and Zakari, also in the room, awaiting their prince. That third energy, past the metal door, gave her a strange feeling of unease, one she'd felt before.

The last door opened and Kalen stepped in, keeping Caitlin a little behind him on his right.

There was a contraption, a heavy structure surrounding a man who knelt on the concrete, his thick arms raised and shackled in cuffs. A light coil of steam smoked from where the metal made contact. The prisoner's face was concealed in a silver mask, much like the one's from Eamon's guards... "Wait," she said, attempting to take a step towards the prisoner, but Kalen's arm held her back.

Elsie stood to the prisoner's right, the skin on the right side of her body red from exposure to the sun, her eyes perfectly black in their sockets. Zakari looked self-controlled, his green eyes normal, but poised, likely in the case their prisoner attempted an escape.

"Take the mask off, Elsie."

The prisoner, now that Caitlin was really looking, was massive. He was crumpled to the ground, but if he wanted to, he could stand and break the chains that bound him, whether or not they burned. The prisoner was pure, rippling muscle, but he made no move to fight his loss of anonymity.

Elsie caught the sharp chin point of the mask and tilted it up, pulling it back for everyone to see. His gaze was lowered but Caitlin took in a silent breath. Everyone was frozen as Eamon's guard lifted his head, his eyes a muted, guilty blue. His cheeks were thinner that she remembered, but his features were nearly the same as Abraham's.

For a fleeting moment, Sara's gaze flickered to Caitlin, then up to Kalen, offering only the slightest nod. "Master."