The Knight's Taboo Ch. 01

Story Info
Parsee and the others learn of the Falisian army's plans.
15k words
4.73
3.1k
6
0

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: It's been a while since I've really been active on here. I apologize for that; I've just been having a hard time completing some of my writings. But, I still have a lot of stories planned and I'm working on the second chapter of Princess of the Monsters, little by little. Now for this story, I want to make it as clear as possible there is no sex within the first chapter, but the second will make up for that. So apologies in advance.)

The peaceful life of the Kingdom of Arsethall was disrupted three months ago when a fiery arrow had been launched from seemingly nowhere and landed right into one of the walls of the mighty marble castle that had stood the test of time, time and time again. It was after this sudden attack that the castle was stormed by one single figure, who's affiliation and loyalty were not known to dwellers of the mighty castle. The mysterious hooded figure had sought to bring forth the demise of the great King, King Harminus, but was intercepted by his most trusted of knights and then captured, taken to the dungeon where the would-be-kingslayer was to remain until a trial was to be carried out.

The prisoner, however, somehow managed to escape, as his cell was empty when one of the nights was doing nightly rounds in the castle dungeon.

With the attack on the castle, defense was increased by the king and he began to hire more guards.

Every night, the knights would patrol both inside and outside the castle. When fatigue or tiredness would set in, one would come to take the place of the other knights and they would resume patrol in their place and the pattern would repeat again.

The King eventually ordered a watchtower to be constructed for the safety of his castle, further adding onto his defense.

It was dead into the night and the stars were in countless numbers in the sky.

A cold breeze had offered some much-welcomed relief from the long waves of summer's heat. There was some light showering from the sky and the showering continued to grow until it began to downpour all over the kingdom with a growing mist that began to muddle the sight of any who were wandering outside of the castle at that particular moment.

"How long has it been that we were on this watch?"

"I believe it has been eight hours, Parsee. Maybe you should turn in and let me finish the watch."

Parsee yawned for a good five seconds before reaching his gauntlet covered hand up to his short, choppy light blonde locks and brushing them backward in one quick stroke of his hand. He leaned back against the block of stone, jump-starting his adrenaline as he felt himself started to fall backward.

Luckily, however, his fellow knight grabbed him and pulled him back forward, only to then toss him onto the floor and sigh with a humorous chuckle.

"If you go dying now, your mother will be in mourning for no end," remarked the older looking knight.

The much younger Parsee, much more youthful-looking in comparison to the middle-aged male, nodded his head with embarrassment shading his face. He rose up from the floor of the watchtower and dusted off his red and gold tunic that bore the phoenix coat of arms of the King.

"It brings great prangs to my heart just thinking about her, barricaded in her room, knelt over on the bed, her eyes red and burning from the tears which soaked the sheets," remarked Parsee who placed a hand over his knotted stomach. He tried to push away the depressing thoughts of his mother surrendering to the crushing pains of loss.

"Go rest up," the knight slapped him onto the shoulder. "Leave this watch to me."

Parsee was reduced to another yawn and nodded his head reluctantly. He approached the floor-door that hid the stairs leading to the top of the tower and descended down the stone steps. Upon reaching the bottom, the dwelling quarters of the watchtower came into sight: It was a very modest place. It had all the necessary living conditions needed for one who was to spend so many nights within the small tower, there were beds, enough beds for six men, complete with blankets and pillows, there was even a warm fireplace to keep the residing guards well-protected against the poor insulation of the constructed tower. There were food and drink which the King's head cook personally brought, with plenty of fresh-baked bread and a large clay pot that the Queen had filled with herbal tea.

There were also windows placed in various spots for the knights to gaze out towards the castle, or the other surrounding mountains; an ideal idea so that they could possibly spot any possible opposers without having to rush to the top of the watchtower.

Parsee walked over towards his bed which was situated a few feet away from the fireplace and turned onto his back. He tugged the blankets over his tunic and his eyes shut. At last, he could enjoy a nice slumber.

Parsee was the youngest of the knights. So young, in fact, that he was given the teasing nickname 'Beardless Parsee', due to the fact his facial hair had yet to fully bloom. He stood as one of the shorter knights and barely passed the expected height of most females. His hair was of the color of vanilla and was short and choppy with a few slightly longer bangs falling down the middle of his forehead, and his eyes were the color of the sea with subtle hints of emerald. His physique build was small, but his years of athletic and combative training as a knight would not let him go without some hardened muscles.

Parsee was just starting to drift off to sleep when he heard the sound of loud, overly zealous laughter coming from the top of the tower. And he cocked one eye open, looking upward at the ceiling with a most displeased expression on his face. His mood a bit soured due to his fatigue, he fought against the urges to pay no mind to the voice from above and simply threw his feet over the edge of the bed, slapped them onto the floor, and then started back towards the ladder again. It was as he climbed the ladder that he heard another joyful laugh.

When Parsee had climbed all the way to the top, there he saw the knight again who was firing away using his bow and arrow.

"What in Mary's name are you cawing about up here?" He sharply asked the other knight.

The knight looked at him with a smug grin. "I just caught one, Parsee! The fools thought that they could sneak past our watchtower and sneak to the castle, but they were wrong! I think I just got 'im in the leg, and now I'm going to launch another arrow and bring this cur's life to an end."

"Don't just play with them," Parsee grit his teeth in irritation. "Kill them on sight!"

The knight clicked his tongue and shook his head. "You need to learn to enjoy the sport, chap."

Parsee watched as the knight pulled back on the bow and sent another arrow speeding into the air towards the man dressed in a golden tunic and great helm. The arrow was a successful hit, and landed right in his stomach, causing him to topple over instantly.

"You know what I find strange about all this?" Parsee thrust his upper body into the air and tossed his arms up slightly above his head, flexing at the wrists in a stretch. "The whole duration of this day we haven't seen a single enemy other than the one just now. Don't you find that just a little bit suspicious, Chandler?"

Chandler was six years older than Parsee. He had been under services of King Harminus longer than Parsee, but that didn't cause any conflict between the two, and Parsee looked up to him as something of a brotherly figure. They did of course have their combative moments here and there, and they were fierce competitors in nearly every activity there was, although Parsee was steadily making his way up to the older knight in terms of experience and skill.

Chandler's hair, which flowed down to his shoulders, was the color of chestnut and his eyes were a forest green. He looked a few years older than he truly was, and had the physical appearance of a middle-aged gentleman, with a horizontal scar right above his upper lip. He had started prematurely aging early on, but the silver in his hair was very few. He had a strong build, much more Herculean in build than Parsee, and also easily towered over the other by a good seven more inches.

"Best not to think about it," was the only response that Chandler offered.

"We have completed our watch for the night," Chandler made his way towards the trapdoor. "There has been no sight of any other enemy forces besides the one who my arrow took down. Now we should head back to the castle and report back to His Majesty and Her Majesty."

Parsee lifted open the door on the watchtower floor and he waited for Chandler to climb down the ladder first. Once Chandler had started down and already got a decent way down the ladder, he too also began to descend down the ladder until both he and Chandler had reached the small, empty room. They then returned back to the lodge and then made their way straight to the door of the watchtower and headed out it where they made their journey back to the castle.

The castle that King Harminus and his wife, Queen Merry, resided in was one of the largest castles in the country. It was originally built under orders of King Harminus' great, great grandfather with close instructions and had stood the test of time through the generations to follow. Built to house Araqus and his large family, it had amassed nineteen towers each bearing a room that could house his many children, and his children's future children. It was thus considered a marvel by the people, and even King Harminus himself who ruled it with pride.

They stood before the gray-stone castle.

"Release the drawbridge!" Cried Parsee to the knights who stayed forever on guard on the other side of the lowered bridge.

The sound of the crank being pulled hit their ears and then the drawbridge started to lower and descended more and more and more until the bridge was touching the gray-brick walkway that Parsee and his fellow knight stood at. Then they walked onto the bridge and entered the castle gates before giving the O.K. To the guards to lift up the drawbridge once more.

They followed the long walkway that led to the castle and engaged in conversation.

"So what do you think of that young maiden?" Chandler shot a coy grin in Parsee's direction.

Parsee caught the look he was given, his eyes expanding but then his eyebrows fell onto them. "She's beautiful, I suppose! But I don't think she's really my type. She is a good cook and I will give that much; heaven knows His Majesty would fire our head cook in an instant and high her as the new head, if his self-control didn't grasp the better of him."

Chandler broke out into unrestrained laughter and grabbed at his belly.

"Yes, yes!" Chandler said in agreement. "Next to Her Majesty, I do believe that His Majesty's most cherished love in this world is the meals that young Emily occasionally brings with her."

"I didn't think that there was anyone who could compare to my mother's cooking," stated Parsee while they continued down the long walkway that led to the stairs of the castle. "But then His Majesty's childhood friend brought along Emily for a visit that one day, and ever since then? Oh, her meals have been nothing short of something to simply die for. In fact....I think my mouth is starting to water just thinking about her potato and herb soup."

"Aye," Chandler playfully bashed him in the shoulder with his elbow. "Don't tell your mum that."

Parsee yelped and rubbed his shoulder, shooting a look Chandler's way.

Chandler of course returned the look, then the two just stared at each other in undisturbed silence. But then, they just broke out into laughter together and wrung an arm around each other's necks while they continued their way, nearing the castle stairs now.

"Will you tutor me on my archery later? I never really became that proficient at archery, I only became passable enough. I fear that one day I will be in a situation in which I will need to rely on long-range, rather than close range, and for that reason I have had the thought of practicing my bow and arrow skills. I would be very indebted to you if you would teach me what you know, Chandler."

"Sure, why not!" Chandler jerked him into his shoulder. "Got to be prepared for all bloody situations!"

Now they could see the stairs coming further into view.

Parsee and Chandler walked up the stairs and proceeded towards the castle's door and Parsee opened the doors. He stopped before entering, leaned forward slightly, and tossed his arms towards the direction of the castle door. "After you!"

"Oh, why madam, you are most kind!" quipped Chandler, who then broke out into laughter once more.

They entered the castle.

The inside of the castle, albeit quite dark, was brilliantly lit by dozens upon dozens of candles that rested on candle holders lined up on each side of the walls, and they were always burning brightly during the dark hours. During the day, the candles were extinguished one by one by a few selected knights: A long and grueling task, even given its simple nature. Now the walls of the castle gave something of a lonely air despite being so inhabited by the dozens of knights, the King, the Queen, and their two children. The walls showed signs of age which was only to be expected given the history of the castle, but it still stood up. And the walls littered with banners of the phoenix and of just simplistic designs, with suits of armors resting on small display pedestals built into the walls.

From the first step into the castle, there could be seen two stone statues that stood proudly on each side of the door and they were carved into the likeliness of King Harminus' great, great, grandfather. One each side of the statues near the corners, there were bookshelves that had housed a baffling amount of novels and short stories.

A red carpet that traveled from many miles led to several different areas into the castle, stretching to the throne room, to the royal chambers of the King and Queen, to the knights' lodge in the castle, and proceeding to lead to every other tower within the castle. And as one would most likely expect, there were small images of the phoenix coat of arms traveling along near the edges of the red carpet.

After a bit of walking in the castle, they arrived upon the throne room.

The throne room had a marvelous dome-shaped stain glass portrait that radiated streaks of light from wall to wall of the castle, and to corner to corner when the sun was set. Resting behind the doors of the throne room was yet two more suits of armor that stood in powerful poses with their hands resting on their great swords that were thrust downward into the ground. And further along near the mid-half of the stairs that led up to the four thrones, were golden statues of life-sized lions whose tongues flared out like a serpent and whose paws stood powerfully pressed against the rectangular stone pedestals they rested on.

"Your Majesty, we come to report our watch!" Parsee announced, walking towards the steps that led up to the four thrones and then getting into a stiff-leg standing position and tossing an open-palmed close-finger salute to the King and Queen.

"Most splendid news indeed!" The King clapped his hands.

King Harminus was the very image that came to mind when most thought of a 'king'. He very round at the waist, well-fed, but was deceptively strong and regularly engaged in athletic past times. He had brown hair which was kept short and a full-beard with a very defined mustache and a beard that stopped at his collar bone. He wore a robe of red and gold crafted from fine silk, with a red cape clinging to the neck. His crown on his head was gold and had a single gem which was a ruby, in the center. His eyes were brown and looked sharp, but he was in truth a very kind man who loved to laugh.

Parsee turned his gaze towards the Queen, who had her eyes on him already and was casting a smile towards his direction.

Queen Merry's face showed slight signs of age, but she had retained her beauty for the most part. She had soft wrinkles under her eyes, albeit they were few in comparison to many women her age, and vague laugh lines that appeared more prominent when she beamed.

Her hair which long and styled into rich and beautiful waves, was such a dark shade of brown that it almost appeared black and hung past her shoulders and stopped before touching her breasts, while her eyes were gray as stone.

Usually she could be seen wearing a silver circlet with a dangling tear drown on her head, dressed in a gown of fine white and aquamarine silk that stopped a few inches above her ankles and displayed a very generous amount of her flesh. The center of the dress did little to cover her very large and full breasts and covering the edges of her age-pulled breasts where her nipples were, keeping them hidden from sight but leaving little else covered.

She was two inches taller than the short Parsee.

"How many of them did you spot?" Inquired the King, lifting himself from his throne.

Chandler gave him a troubled look, a hand lifting to his face to lightly brush his fingertips onto them where they soon came to a rest. "Only one, Sire; I spotted him from the watchtower and struck him in the leg with an arrow and then fired another one into his heart."

King Harminus' expression, initially one of overjoy and pride at the accomplishment of his two knights, quickly changed into one of troubledness. He turned away from them momentarily and gazed over towards the direction of his wife, Queen Merry who tilted her head when their eyes met one another'. But he soon returned his gaze back to Chandler and Parsee and his face resumed its neutral expression.

"You have done well," King Harminus praised them.

"But it is a bit late," Queen Merry said softly into a risen hand that she soon yawned into. "You should go get some rest for the morning because we have a few things we have planned for the day. Garnerous is also going to be preparing breakfast a little bit earlier than usual, so you don't want to miss your morning meal."

"Your Majesty!" Chandler bowed to both King Harminus and Queen Merry.

"Oh, and Parsee," Queen Merry released the hand from her mouth. "I want to walk with you."

Parsee's throat had a lump forming in it while his heart skipped a beat; he smiled a weak smile but nevertheless nodded his head to the Queen. "I hope that I have not done wrong, Your Majesty!"

"You have done no wrong," said Queen Merry as she rose herself. "I just think a walk with you would be nice is all. Afterward, you may feel free to return to your lodge with Chandler and get some sleep with the other knights who are already retired for the evening."

"Goodnight to you all," King Harminus waved them off and started away from the throne-room, walking straight across to the left side of the room where his and Queen Merry's bedroom chambers rested. He opened the door once he was in front of their room and pulled it open, closing it behind him once inside the room.

Chandler was saluting them, but he stopped after a few minutes and also left the throne-room.

Queen Merry, now standing before Parsee, smiled once more at him and gestured with her hand for him to follow her. And the two also left the throne-room, but once they were out, went in an opposite direction of Chandler who was heading Westward towards the knights' lodge room, and she and Parsee just began to wander among the long and tiresome halls with nothing but the candles to light their way through the excess darkness of the castle.

"How are you feeling?" She asked him as they passed by some displayed suits of armor.

"Bursting with energy and a drive to do whatever it is that my King or Queen ask of me! I fear that tonight will be another night of sleep difficulty for myself as my mind is going like a racehorse and I cannot bring it to a still."