The Knight's Taboo Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Indeed," King Harminus answered, his voice growing quieter and more sullen. "Our allied kingdom, Tarswaq, has been invaded by the Falisian army and are being attacked! Already they have lost forty-five people in a short period of time. If the Falisian army is not stopped or driven off, they will only continue to attack and claim the lives of the people of Tarswaq!"

"We must head there at once, then!" Parsee boldly declared.

King Harminus nodded.

"Go to Tarswaq. You will go in two lines, one will tend to the poor living on the streets, and the second will go straight for the heart and storm the castle. Be absolute certain that you protect the life of the Duke and the Marquess! Fight with all your might. I pray that the causalities will be kept at a minimum."

"Your Majesty!" Chandler brought an arm to his chest and bowed before back up and leaving the room.

Queen Merry cast her eyes onto the young Parsee while her hands fell into her lap. She beckoned him with a sweet smile. And Parsee approached her, stopping in front of her and then falling to the knee with his head lowered down with his eyes staring down at the floor.

"My Queen."

"Parsee," she spoke. "Please be most careful on your journey to Tarswaq, there is this nagging feeling in my breast that the enemy has some surprises in store."

"I appreciate your regard for my well-being, Ma'am," he gradually began to pull his eyes up from the floor as he lifted from his knelt bow. "However, we have always come on top. No enemy has managed to get one in over our heads, and I am most confident that this will be of no exception either."

"Still," she reached a hand out and lowered her palm onto his shoulder. "Do be careful, all right?"

"I will, Your Majesty." He reached for her hand and held it in front of his face. Parsee drew it to his lips and softly he kissed her on the hand. He briefly looked at her once she had drawn her hand back after the short kiss, and she too also gazed back at him in return. Then Parsee walked towards the King.

"Sire, we will make sure that the Duke and his son are safe from the opposing forces. When we have completed our mission, we shall return here to report back on our success!"

"Very good, m'boy! Now, make haste, go to your lodge and collect your weapons and dress yourself properly. Then go to the stables and gather your horse, and make haste to Tarswaq! May God watch over you, and shield you with his holy barrier."

Before he turned his back to walk away, Parsee took one final glance into the direction of Queen Merry; her lips curled into a warm smile and her head gave a gentle nod. Then he left the throne-room and returned back to the knights' lodge where he, Chandler, and the others gathered up their weapons and made their way to the doors of the castle.

Chandler had chosen his arrows, the weapon he was most comfortable with. But he had also took his long-sword which he had stashed in the Navy blue and gold-finished sheath on his back.

While Parsee had went for the most obvious and gathered up his short sword and his shield.

Parsee and Chandler gathered up the other knights and together they headed to the stables and mounted their horses.

Off they road together as they drew farther and farther away from the castle, branching off into two towering lines: Parsee and Chandler on the left side, and the other knights galloping alongside them on the right. With only a small handful not accompanying them on their mission, staying behind to keep an eye on the King and Queen in the absence of the other knights.

The woods just spun by them, the horses galloping noisily as they raced through the green canopy and their hooves splashed up small bodies of water from the morning shower. Small lizards and bugs barely escaped the feet of the band of horses, and a few of the forest thieves peered curiously from behind the dense trees, lured out by the horses and watching them as the knights rode past.

*******

Tarswaq was East of Arsethall, and the population lived in the great desert that rested at the end of the bordering woods: it was a very hot location and it was a rarity for the cold to ever visit those desert wastelands. The people dressed appropriately, their clothing very minimal, although the nobles and the royals, as one would expect, still dressed in expectation of enemies and wore the finest armors that Tarswaq had available.

Leafless dead trees lied scattered throughout the blistering hot sands; the only living sign of green life was tall-reaching twigs and some dwarfed cacti, although farther away into the thick dunes was the signs of a living tree and what looked like the sparkling reflection of water.

Parsee and Chandler came to a stop on their horses when they found a stable that was made out of hardened sand and dead twigs and straw. They tied the horses up on the posts inside the primitive stable and then rushed towards the open gates of the large mansion where they were already greeted by the site of a few slain gate-guards.

"All right," Parsee went over the numbers of knights momentarily. "So here is the plan: Chandler and I will go with row one and we will head right into the castle, where we will defend the Duke and his son and any others who have been caught in the middle of this. Line number two will be headed by Ricord, and will head into the town and scout around for the poor and make sure they are safe from the attack."

"Where will we meet up at when we're done?" Asked Ricord.

"We will meet up right outside of the castle's door. Now," he pointed a finger at the second line of knights, "make haste and set into the city! We will now begin to proceed into the castle."

Row number 2, led by Ricord, took off towards the large sandy city. Parsee and Chandler and the other knights who made up row number 1, headed towards the castle.

The castle was covered in blood from the front gates to the walkway that resided behind them. There weren't many bodies on the outside, but once they had passed through the doors of the castle which were left wide open, they saw the bodies that were littered everywhere and the blood only added up; many were already slain by Falisia, and it appeared that a few who Parsee had deduced were either cooks or maids, had been struck down while attempting to flee towards the castle door to escape.

"Your Grace! Where are you?" Called out Parsee once they stood in front of the doors.

The sounds of screaming hit their ears, this soon followed by the sound of footsteps drawing remarkably close. And Parsee, Chandler, and the other knights proceeded deeper into the castle. They soon came to a pause when Parsee had spotted Marquess Mikhale who was making a mad dash towards their direction, being furiously pursued by knights with dark purple surcoats bearing the image of a serpentine-like great beast.

Parsee swiftly drew his sword and clenched it in his hand."Your Lordship, over here!"

The ten-year-old noble's gaze turned towards them, his eyes lifting in surprise at the sight of them.

Marquess Mikhale bolted towards them as far as his legs would carry him. But an anguished yelp caused Parsee, Chandler, and the other knights to gasp together in unison, an arrow having flown through the air and striking the Duke's young son right in his small left thigh. Mikhale fell to the ground and the young Marquess scrambled on his back by the strength of his hands, his jaw wide-dropped with fear setting into his wide-risen eyes, his cheeks paling in color.

Parsee slammed one foot against the ground, but then made a mad jolt towards the Marquess, his other hand tightly clenching the sword he had in his hand.

Chandler had drawn an arrow from his quiver, positioning it in the center of the bow where the string pressed tightly against its tail. He spread his feet, getting into his bow-launching stance, one eye squinting as he applied all of his attention at that moment on the second nearest knight.

"Lord Mikhale!" Parsee sent his shield bashing into the face of the opposing Falisian knight, forcing him back from the powerful shield bash before Parsee seized the open opportunity and struck the wide-open knight in the breast, his blade piercing his flesh and the sharp edge crushing into the knight's heart resulting in blood spewing forth from his both the struck area and his mouth.

Chandler's arrow zipped past the different knights and then struck the second nearest one who was bringing his sword crashing down to Mikhale, clearly going to sweep his head right off.

The arrow stopped his weapon's progression and hit him in the neck, causing the knight to topple over.

"I---I'm scared!" The Marquess, lips trembling as he cowered against the ground, stated.

"Lord Mikhale," Parsee grit his teeth, sword pressing tight against an opposing blade. "Be not afraid! We will protect you from the harm of the Falisian knights. They won't so much as lay a finger on you."

"This isn't going to get us anywhere fast," grumbled Chandler who had was readying another arrow on his bow. "If we don't press forward, then these fools will just kill the Duke."

"Then, what do you propose we do, Chandler?" Parsee broke the parry with the other knight and thrust his sword into him, bathing his blade in crimson before pulling it back out and letting the Falisian knight's body topple to the ground.

"Some of us must stay here and protect Lord Mikhale," Chandler fired off his arrow, taking down another enemy knight after striking him in the neck like the previous. "Then we must split up and go deeper into the mansion until we find the Duke, whereupon we must protect his very life."

"Chandler, that's risky," rebuked Parsee.

"Perhaps so," Chandler snickered and reached to draw another arrow from his quiver, "but it's a risk we must be willing to take, chap, or would you rather see the Duke fall because of us?"

"F---fine! Then you go, Chandler; I cannot leave the Marquess' side."

"You heard the plan," Chandler scouted through a small portion of the knights. "Some of us will go to the aid of the Duke, and some of us will stay behind here to defend Lord Mikhale. Those of you who wish to join me in rescuing the Duke, join me."

"Those of you who wish to see to the safety of the Marquess, remain here with myself," Parsee lifted his shield up to block an incoming swing, "and fight until not a single man stands."

The other knights picked their sides: Half decided to go with Chandler, and the other half remained with Parsee while he defended Marquess Mikhale from the number of vile knights who were out to spill his young blood.

Chandler and the other knights delved deeper into the mansion and headed to the backroom to the Duke's personal chambers where they were greeted to the sight of ruined and strewn possessions and blood coating the ground. Coming into their vision was the Duke, who was being protected by only two knights, one whom was wielding a lance, the other who was armed with a long-sword. The other knights lay slain on the ground, having already been defeated by the Falisian army.

"Your Grace!" Chandler shouted from the doorway, standing beside the other knights.

"King Harminus' forces have arrived, I see," The Duke remarked with an upward curve of his lips.

"Your Grace, I'm sorry that we didn't arrive here sooner. Please, allow us to make up for our tardiness; we will dispatch the enemies swiftly so that you can tend to your son."

"Where is he?" The Duke asked as a body fell to the ground and he withdrew his sword from it.

"He is in good hands," Chandler assured with a small smirk. "He is with Parsee, King Harminus' second-hand."

"Let us destroy those who stand in our way so that I may reunite with my son." The Duke parried the blade of one of the knights, stricken in the shoulder by the blade of another which he reacted to with a swift shout.

"You heard what His Grace said!" Boomed Chandler, who was preparing another arrow in his bow to take down one of the Falisian knights moving in on the Duke. "Just mow down these filthy Falisians and then we move back to the lower floor so we can lend our aid to Parsee and Lord Mikhale!"

They fought together alongside the Duke and his four remaining knights, but Chandler's attention was soon stolen from the present threats at hand, and, as he adjusted his eyes to the sound of footsteps, he saw another knight who really stood out from the other Falisians: One who had a single horn adorning his helmet, with the left side of his face obscured by a ruby-red face-guard while the other was left uncovered. His armor, while bearing the same dark purple color that the others wore on their surcoats, had three bars of a lighter shade of purple and an infrared serpentine beast on the breast of his horned armor.

The horned helmet wearing knight shot his gaze towards Chandler's and a wicked glint shined in his eye; the left side of his lips lifting upward into a chilling smirk. And then, just as he had came into view, he faded from sight once more.

"Brave KNIGHT!" The Duke's sudden cutting shout broke Chandler free from his entrancement. "What has caught your attention? We must slay these terrible men so we can reach the Marquess."

"Forgive me, Your Grace," apologized Chandler who was still staring in that now-absent spot. He returned his attention back to the on-going battle and pulled the arrow back against the string and sent it flying towards one of the closing-in knights who were just inches from striking the Duke.

They hurried down once all the foes who stood in their path had been felled and re-joined Parsee who, along with his own small line of knights, how defeated a good number of the Falisian soldiers while Marquess Mikhale pressed his back into a lone corner, reaching for the needle-thin dagger that was strapped to his waist, in case any of the Falisian knights were to bypass Parsee and come to his direction.

"The Duke is safe," declared Chandler who raced to Parsee's side.

"Lord Mikhale is safe as well," said Parsee who found himself parrying another blade. "He is over there, in the corner; I think he is frightened by all the violence taking place in here. He's so young, I don't think he is used to seeing wars yet."

"Tarswaq has never been targeted like this before," stated Chandler, looking for a good safe spot to fight from afar. "Always aided us in wars. And for the entirety of the Marquess' life? Tarswaq hasn't been attacked once. So of course the boy would be absolutely terrified!"

"Chandler, there is something that is bothering me.... But first I must ask: How many Falisians were in there when you went to the Duke?"

Chandler blinked, bewildered by the question. He ran to a corner by one of the potted desert plants and reached to his quiver once more. "I made count of only thirty knights. Out of the ones who were defeated? I counted a total of five bodies total."

"Chandler...." Parsee finally deflected the blade and went straight for the Falisian's heart. "That is the same number of Falisians who are in this room."

"I don't understand what you're bloody saying, Parsee!"

"The Falisians have the third largest army," Parsee explained. "And they sent only a few here..."

"I also noticed there was one who was dressed uniquely compared to the other commons," said Chandler who pulling back on his bow and arrow.

"I think we may have made a terrible mistake," Parsee shouted with dread in his tone. "There's not a moment to waste! There's only a few of them left now, defeat them as swiftly as you can and then we must re-group with Ricord and the others and return back to Arsethall as quickly as possible."

They slew the last of the Falisians and then, together with the Duke and Marquess Mikhale, they regrouped with Ricord and the others who awaited them outside of the mansion.

"I have reason to believe that we have been given a diversion," explained Parsee. "Remember when we were on tower watch duty, that we only saw one Falisian trying to invade the castle? I thought there was something a little queer about that. But, they attacked Tarswaq and used only minimal numbers of their forces whic---,"

"That man who I saw back in the Duke's chambers, I almost feel as if he was of a very high and important status," Chandler interjected.

"My royal friends," the Duke spoke while peering over each of them slowly. "Do you mean to tell me that this was all some sort of sly trick form the Falisians? Are you speculating that there was never any seriousness in this attack which they unleashed upon my kingdom?"

"I'm afraid so, Your Grace," Parsee reached a hand up to rub against his forehead.

"Then we must make haste back to Arsethall," suggested the Duke.

"Your Grace," Chandler stepped towards him. "Do you mean to insinuate that you will be joining us on our return back? We cannot allow you to come with us; your son, the Marquess, has a lame leg from the arrow that he took from that bastard. You should stay here and summon your finest medical aid to treat the boy."

"Although it pains me to admit so, I know that you are indeed correct. My poor Mikhale, I cannot leave him in the condition that he is in. But, knights of King Harminus, I beg that you make haste at once without further adieu and return back to your kingdom. For if your intuitions prove to be true, then King Harminus, Queen Merry, and everyone else is in terrible danger! I wish I could offer you some backup, but my army has mostly crumbled."

"No need, Your Grace," Chandler shook his hand at him. "And once this is all over, we will discuss with King Harminus about aiding you in the reformation of your army, should there be any future attempts at claiming yours or the Marquess' lives."

Parsee bowed to them both. "God watch over you, Your Grace, My Lord."

"T---thank you, for protecting me," Marquess Mikhale meekishly spoke, following up with an offer of his small hand to Parsee.

After Parsee had shaken Mikhale's hand, they returned to the stables and released their horses from the posts and then mounted them and took off, leaving Tarswaq behind them as they raced back to Arsethall, praying that the Falisians had yet to reach the castle.

****

The horses came to a step within a good distance of the castle with some loud whinnying, the knights making them yield. Parsee and Chandler saw what they presumed was the last line of Falisian forces, running towards the castle while screaming like barbarians.

"Shite!" Swore Chandler who nearly struck his horse with his fist. "We didn't make it in time!"

"The Falisian forces are already seizing the castle," pointed out Parsee with a strong knit of his brows. "But there's no time to just hang around here and curse ourselves for our tardiness; we must advance and get into the castle. Maybe there is still time to cut them off from the path of the throne-room."

"If we are to hope for that, we should move fast," Chandler whipped the horse with the wraps.

Again they were on the move and the horses galloped briskly over the lush green hills that surrounded the castle from afar.

This time they wasted no time in returning the horses to the stables and left them in front of the castle's path. Hurryingly, the knights ran in one big, single line towards the castle entrance and made their way towards the drawbridge. It was then and then only, that they found the drawbridge had been ascended: No doubt by the Falisian forces who knew they were going to return on the double when they gained wind of the attack on King Harminus' castle.

"Shite! They got the whole bloody castle sealed off. How the hell are we supposed to get in now?"

"Chandler, wait; remember the old secret passage?"

Chandler slapped himself on the thigh and groaned. "Of course, I can't believe I forgot about that."

Parsee chuckled and led him away from the castle's front door. "We will take the passage and gain access into the castle that way. Let us hope that the Falisians haven't discovered it yet...Otherwise we may truly be in trouble then."