The Knight's Taboo Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Parsee," she kept her eyes on ahead as they walked, "how are you feeling?"

"Still rifed with shock and questions," he answered honestly.

"You know," she reached her hand to him and rubbed her palm against his shoulder. "I was consumed with fear when I saw how he brushed aside each of your attempts. And then when you were on the ground, and he approached you so casually? My heart nearly sank at that moment."

"I still stand before you," Parsee lifted a hand up to wipe the blood from his cheek.

"And for that, I am most thankful for," she sighed.

"I'm sorry," he blurted from seemingly nowhere.

Queen Merry blinked, looking at him bewildered by his sudden apology.

"For what is it, that you are sorry for?"

"Back in Tarswaq," he started, "once we were to secure the safety of the Duke and his son, I was going to travel near the oasis and pluck you one of the famous desert flowers to bring back to the castle to gift you with. I realized I haven't gifted you with a flower since last Saturday."

"Your thoughtfulness of me truly warms my heart, Parsee. But, you need no rose to show me your care and your appreciation towards me; you make it clear in so many ways that you may not even be aware of. It shows, every day it shows. And I am eternally grateful for your devotion and your deep care, for me."

"I still feel as though I have done wrong by not retrieving a flower for you," he persisted still, his eyes staring down at the carpet that their feet followed.

She lightly squeezed him by the shoulder.

"You know, when I was a girl," she stopped by one of the glass display cases bearing the previous king's' heirlooms, "I oft dreamed of what it would be like to meet a handsome prince and be whisked away to his kingdom, whereupon I would become his princess and wake up next to him every morning. With the sun shining across my face, and his smile lingering against my lips. It was a re-occurring dream, and sometimes, I even daydreamed about it as well."

Parsee pressed his back against the glass case and listened to her.

"I never would have believed that my life would become as rich as it is now, full of so many blessings that many can only dream of. But, my dreams came true, only it wasn't a prince who rescued me; it was a handsome king who carried himself with such a strong sense of pride. And now, here I am, I get to wander the beautiful stone halls, waking up every morning knowing my blessings will always be there to greet me."

"We were both fortunate," Parsee poked a lone finger against his cheek.

"Yes, we were. But, now, I regret to say, you should return to the lodge and rest. His Majesty wants you at your best for the party he's throwing tonight."

For a moment, he hesitated on the words that began to enter his mind. But Parsee swallowed away his nervousness and stepped towards her."I know that you are the queen, and I feel wrongly for even asking you for requests, but, will you accompany me?"

She nodded. "Yes, of course. After all the things you've been doing for us lately? I feel as though that accompanying you back to the lodge is the least that I can do to show my appreciation. I will walk you to the lodge. Then, I must return, so that I can help arrange the party."

Queen Merry walked with him back to the knight's lodge and then she stopped once they were in front of his door. She hugged him warmly and then he took her hand and kissed it before waving her off and entering the lodge where he was greeted by the other knights.

The knights spent a good amount of their time discussing the battles they had just fought, Parsee even telling them of his battle with the Falisian knight who called himself 'Darq'. They commended him and praised him for surviving through such a heart-pounding encounter, although Chandler warned him that if Darq meant what he said about them encountering one another in the future, that Parsee would need to put even more focus and practice into his weapon training, for such an occasion.

Afterward, the knights all fell took off their armor and surcoats, and fell asleep in their beds.