All Comments on 'The Lady's Maid'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
Another stellar effort from MsCherylTerra

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. The premise and characterization were tremendous - certainly at least equal to what I have come to expect in all of your stories. Of course, the sex scenes were amazing. The one that included all three of them (husband, wife, and Alice) was absolutely fantastic in every way.

I liked getting to know about Charlotte's brothers... and that Alice was getting along well with Jack. I also loved the whole "unlicked quim" thing.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 4 years ago
Damn that was hot

My lady, you know how to write one hell of a love scene. I'm sweating. But the quality of your writing is out of this world. Great characters, fantastic story, and I'm in awe.

Thank you, thank you, and... Thank you!

ezbodezbodover 4 years ago
Thank you

Just finished reading an excellent story, while sitting on the dock, on a chilly December morning. The cold, wet night has left a heavy fog over the far mountains.

Thank you for writing and sharing your stories. We love reading them (speaking collectively on behalf of hundreds of readers, who are too shy to leave a comment.) 😉

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

That was the epitome of "historical" and "romance." Spot on. The wedding night was hilarious, as was the polite dialogue in the final scene. Extremely well done, Ms. Terra.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
Not only captivating

This was fun too, some wonderful characters that get under your skin and a rare romance that culminates in a kind of threesome. Thank you for a hot and entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
OK...

I enjoyed the story immensely. I only have one absented minded thought. We all know all manner of things happened during those by-gone years. I just wonder if Alice the maid wouldn't have been just a little more deferential toward Thomas.

The story is certainly a five.

Jedd Clampett (carvohi)

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneover 4 years ago
Masterful writing

Truly brilliant writing! Your characters were exquisitely crafted and the story was delightful. Thank you for sharing this with us!

norafaresnorafaresover 4 years ago
*****

You're brilliant. This story, as many others may not know, was written in mere days—because Cheryl? She's a machine. You killed it, babe. Funny, charming and heart-warming characters in a silly, yet sexy story. My favorite kind.

Nora

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Wonderful story...

Ms. Terra. You make the rest of us look bad.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 4 years ago
Old Style Romance...

with a bit of spice!

This was a tale well and engagingly told, where the reader feels for the heroine and hopes for eventual love and a happy ending for her in her forced situation. Very well handled with that unexpected twist, though I suspected from the start that the badger wasn’t exactly alone in the woods.

Thanks for the great read. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago

Ms Cheryl, I don't know how I have missed you before, but this was fantastic.

Jedd, while I'm sure Alice would be properly deferential outside the bedroom, I don't think deference is required or expected there.

TheDarkStoogerhoodTheDarkStoogerhoodover 4 years ago

WHAT A STORY! I'm awarding you a AWARD. Yes, you heard me! Arrangements must be made to deliver you this award. Don't expect it or anything. It is imaginary. An e-gift, if you will.

PS I WANT MY OILY DONUT BUKKAKE

GoneGrayGoneGrayabout 4 years ago
DELIGHTFUL!

Great writing! I was constantly involved in the characters throughout. Perfect pace in leading me to the inevitable happy ending, whatever it may. I would have enjoyed another page of what Thomas did with his newfound knowledge and how Charlotte reveled in her new happiness, but is still thoroughly enjoyable just as it is. I am envious of your skill in presenting the characters thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
ver sweet story...

very few left for me to read!

LowcountryLowcountryabout 4 years ago
So much fun!

From a fan of Jane Eyre, this story was fun to read and so exciting, too. Loved the happy ending! So far, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your stories.

TatankaBillTatankaBillabout 4 years ago
Damnit.

Now I want a cigarette.

What fun! You got the ball rolling on page one and kept the heat on all the way. This is a thoroughly delightful story and such a pleasure to read. It's a slow burner right out of the starting gate but you fanned the flames at just the right moments. It very much puts me in mind of "Gentleman Jack". Thanks, CherylTerra!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
nice

NIIIICE.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
Another One

How does that mind of yours generate these ideas, then compile and compose them so flawlessly. This is something we never think of these days unless we read things from that era. But you have succeeded in taking us back there in a way we probably never imagined. Excellent job as always.

virandereviranderealmost 4 years ago
All so different All so Wonderful

You have the most amazing ideas! All manner of occasions, interesting three dimensional characters, and a beautiful cadence to the unfolding of the story!! Always a great pleasure to read!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
So hot!

Would love to read more, especially if you introduce Jack into the mix!

JoynlifeJoynlifeover 3 years ago
Wow

Another beautifully written story. That's why your one of my favorite authors.

Can't wait to read the next one.

NaiaTinkAbellaNaiaTinkAbellaover 3 years ago
A part two would be greatly appreciated

This was fucking awesome

BufoAmericanusBufoAmericanusover 3 years ago
Great

This is a well written story! Thanks

JoeOzoJoeOzoover 3 years ago
A most excellent tale...

...of love, lust, much impropriety, and finally some lively writhing on Charlotte’s part with her husband, and now...beloved.

Worry not dear Cheryl, you captured the sentiments of the era quite well indeed! You are indeed a supremely gifted writer. My only regret is that we could not witness such a scenario on Downtown Abbey! 🧐

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 3 years ago

Golly, this is so good. How have I only just discovered you? Everything about this was perfect.

Like others, I should welcome a second part. A clear 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best Historical Erotica Ever

From start to finish, I was glued to the screen.

I found it so captivating and well-written, congratulations are in order!

Hope to read more from you soon. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Thank you!

OK, at first I wasn't excited about a period piece, WOW was I wrong! Couldn't put it down, great story very well written, thanks again for sharing your great talent.

Only_connectOnly_connectalmost 3 years ago

A very very fine story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I love your stories! So glad I found you on here.

Rainyday493Rainyday493almost 3 years ago

Simply blissful. Wow!

stpetestpeteover 2 years ago

This demands a sequel. Please? Thank you

Horseman68Horseman68almost 2 years ago
Outstanding.

Am so glad to have found this great story. And moreover, fortunate to have more works to enjoy having found this exceptionally talented author. Many bravos and thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a beautiful romantic story. We all have to learn how to pleasure each other and this way was delightful. Thank you for another fun story. Such a relief from the last two I have read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

bloody bloody bloody good!!! Keep writing for me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fun, sexy, clever, and very well written. Thanks for sharing!

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

It's a good story but why end it right when it gets good? I think we deserve a bit more after having to read about her being stupid, moping, crying, feeling sorry for herself and generally making everyone feel miserable like a selfish bitch for most of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well, another thoroughly rivetting plot and so spicy and erotic too. The tension between the various protagonists was so palpable it was mesmerising.

Good work, Great read, Thank you!

David C

🥸👌🍷🍷💖💖

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A short story writer of exceptional talent. Stories that are based upon their characters and characters who drive the plot, even in this somewhat constricted genre. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"Thank you, Miss Clayton. That will be all for tonight." I don't think I've ever read a better closing line to a story. Five stars, of course.

Marklynda2Marklynda29 months ago

A unique look at arranged marriage and the uncertainties it can cause and a truly original way to get around them! Another well thought out and written story. I look forward to reading more of your work. I appreciate your and your Muse's imagination and abilities to bring it to your story. Thank you for sharing your vision and talents.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...