All Comments on 'The Lake House Lessons 10'

by JayDavid

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
TRav2407TRav2407almost 12 years ago

The story was very hard to read for me for the most part. Not that it was poorly written or anything, I just never got into him and Gina. Had it continued, it would have ruined the series for me. The last paragraph is worth the five star rating in itself. Jack and Dana all the way!!!!!! Good job messing with all of your readers emotions though. As much as people complain about it, all the twists make it such a good story. Just don't make the mistake that some of the popular book series have made and mess up the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

i have been screaming dana all the time. gina was the cliche win.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

I wud still say Gina n Jack all the way in the end...........hopefully Gina realises her mistake nd corrects it.........thers nothng like real true love

RefreshingRefreshingalmost 12 years ago
Awe

Even though the Gina arch is over, for now, I'm kind of happy because what about Natalie. I was kind of messed up for her to pour her heart and history out and then you don't hear anything about her again.

Dana is cool and sexy but lets be honest, if she finds a dude hotter than him she'll bounce because she knows they're not on the same level. But great sex is great sex so it doesn't mean you can't have some fun.

JayDavidJayDavidalmost 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks

for all of the feedback. There are two more chapters to come, which I think have some surprises, but make sense in the context of the story so far. Natalie will appear again. The end of Chapter 12 is an epilogue that discusses what happens to the characters in the future. I have also written a couple of short sequels set years after these events (and even after the epilogue), which I will post, eventually.

gravyruggravyrugalmost 12 years ago
I like the story

but it seems a little flat in places. "This happened, and then this other thing happened, and then something different happened." It's almost like an extended outline, with some scenes (especially sex scenes) filled out. It could a bit more detail of individual scenes, rather than trying to cram as much action as possible into each chapter. But that's just my opinion.

It's a very good story, but I think it could be even better.

JayDavidJayDavidalmost 12 years agoAuthor
I can see your point

I was concerned about making it so long that no one would read to the end. I tried to focus on making the story interesting, and the sex scenes, since this is ultimately an erotica site. So I decided not to spend extended time on some of it.

SamoaJohnSamoaJohnalmost 12 years ago
Not said about the break-up

I thought Gina was alright, but I didn't particularly care for the pairing. So I'm glad they are moving on. Honestly, I like Ariel, Beth, and even Dana better. Great work and thanks for the update.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
A Wonderful Coming-of-Age Story...

Your work, for me at least, is a wonderfully well written and conceived time machine that sends me reeling back to my high school memories. All you've described - the loneliness, the desperation to fit in, the relentless acting out and the pain of kicking and screaming into maturity - was all too real (except of course for the getting laid parts, which were more folklore than reality for anyone with the misfortune of attending an all-male school).

Your format has an eerie resemblance to the structure of the movie, "American Graffiti" and more than a little of its richness. And angst. It's been an unsettling reprise but I think I'll just make my way back to the future if you don't mind. Just not before I thank you for own gussied-up recollections. I'm glad at least someone got lucky on prom night.

kizkizkizkizalmost 10 years ago
Nice second arc

I have to say that you probably didn't need the exposition to illustrate the rapid deterioration. A few scenes might have done the trick and the actual scene with missy was superbly done. Also closing up their relationship in summary felt like a missed opportunity for some cool emotional tension. I was always rooting for Dana anyway! ;-)

rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
It's getting hard to like people

The new Gina isn't derivative of the young lady we met in Chs 1-8

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
CHANGE-UP

Dana's "farewell".speech (monologue?) to Jack proves her to not be the bitch I portrayed her in my comment on the last chapter. She is more a complicated, cards-to-the-chest girl (who can be devious in a kinda helpful way) when it comes to social matters. Still does not exclude her entirely from the entitled bitch class.

Well, that was an interesting way (including the nasty-nice encounter with Missy) (I bet an encounter with her would be wild!) to usher Gina out so as to leave room for more of Jack's sexcapades.

The author is to be commended for the variety and freshness that has kept a long tale from becoming tedious or repetitive.

Paul in Oklahoma

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous