The Last Flowers Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm sorry for forcing you to listen to me all the time." Hevani met her eyes as she reached for the clothes. Amaranth was shorter than both her and Flora, about the same size as Ellowyn.

"You needed someone to talk to. I was glad you felt comfortable enough for that to be me."

While Hevani dressed, she stole glimpses of the nymph. She too had a version of the worlds' smallest skirt and a mildly less revealing lace-up top. It cut a V low into her cleavage and ended just above where her navel ought to be. She was busy decorating the edges with minute flowers and scroll patterns. A trio of flowers had blossomed above her right ear.

"Would you like me to fix that?" Amaranth asked, seeing her combing the wildness from her hair.

She caught a chunk of dark hair by Hevani's ear and ran her fingers through the strands. Amaranth wove a braid in place, while Flora tended to the other side. Her hand appeared in front of Hevani, a small flower blooming before her eyes.

"I'll always be here. Whatever you need." Amaranth pinned the flower on the side of Hevani's head and held her hand out Flora. "May I have one of yours?"

"Yes, put yours there too!" Hevani said.

By the time the nymphs were finished fiddling with her hair, it had braids through the sides, all studded with pastel and dark pink flowers. Amaranth took her hand, a kind look on her face. She must be bursting to see her friends again, but she didn't show it.

Their pace was slow at first, while Amaranth got used to her legs. She tripped over her toes a few times, but she was walking confidently by the time they reached the rock wall.

"She's a little bit scared of heights, but we'll get her up," Flora announced, roping a vine around Hevani's waist.

The nymphs stood either side of her, ready to tackle the cliff. It gave her a little more confidence. It was hard, but her feet fit on ledges well and there was plenty to hold on to. The top looked terribly far away, right until the last bit. Amaranth hoisted her over the edge, stumbling backwards so Hevani fell safely in her lap.

"Upsie daisy!" Amaranth said, dragging her to her feet, although she wasn't all that steady herself.

"My mother used to say that. She used to call me sweet pea too."

She thought they'd like that, but Amaranth's smile was sad. "Sweet Pea was Flora's mother's name."

Hevani reached out to the nymph, horrified that's she'd upset her, but Flora took her hand in both of hers.

"How nice that we have a connection through our mothers." She squeezed Amaranth's shoulder. "Nearly there."

Amaranth perked up, and there was excitement in her step as they neared the grove.

"No welcome party?" Hevani said as they passed through the archway.

Flora grinned. "They can't tell Ammy's with us. It's going to be a wonderful surprise."

Sure enough, everyone was busy going about their day when the trio wandered through the garden. Finally, Sage glanced their way. She stared at Amaranth with confusion and tapped Willow on the shoulder. Willow had already seen and jumped up so quickly she nearly knocked Sage over.

"Sexy flower!" shouted Rozenwild, bolting towards them from the stream.

Willow reached them first, smothering Amaranth in her embrace. "Oh, blossom. It's so good to have you back."

Rose bumped her out of the way and smacked a kiss on Amaranth's mouth. Amaranth giggled and hugged her. A high-pitched squeal filled the air. Ellowyn had seen them.

"Ammy!" She ran with her arms out, tears in her eyes.

Amaranth bounded, as quick as she could manage, to her friend. Ellowyn threw herself at her so eagerly that she threw her to the ground.

"You're back. You're back!" Ellowyn kissed her with enthusiasm.

Her screaming alerted everyone else and they soon gathered around. Unable to wait, Dendelyn threw herself on top of the pile. Willow took Hevani's face in her palms and kissed her forehead. Laceleaf stood watching it all, her lips resting in a calm smile. When the nymphs spilled off Amaranth into the grass and she was able to get up, Laceleaf gave her brief hug and a kiss on the cheek. Ellowyn pounced on Hevani, nearly as keenly.

"Thank you," she sobbed. "Thank you, thank you."

"Yes. You're the greatest," Dendelyn added, hugging her other side.

Rozenwild patted her back in way of thanks, while Laceleaf dipped her head in respect. Ellowyn spied Sarielle giving Amaranth a hug and tore away from Hevani.

"Isn't she stunning?" She latched onto her, radiating pride.

Amaranth laughed. "I have seen her before."

Ellowyn bounced impatiently while Amaranth greeted the rest of the elhuvens. As soon as she was done, she seized her hand. "Come see Moonflower."

Amaranth let herself be whisked away, just as merry as her friend. Hevani had expected Amaranth to be similar to Ellowyn given they were so close, but she was much calmer. Still, she was happy to see Amaranth had some exuberance to her as well.

~

~*~:~*#K#*~:~*~

The late afternoon sun sank lower in the sky. Kerensa bathed in its fading warmth, her back leaning against the trunk of a cherry tree. There was a relaxed, joyous atmosphere throughout the garden and everyone was starting to come together for the evening. Sarielle sat next to her, only half listening to the story Ellowyn was telling Amaranth a few feet away. Kerensa thought Amaranth must be getting sick of Ellowyn's energy, but she honestly just looked grateful to be near her and a part of everything.

"Never fear. She'll calm down," Willow said, kneeling in the moss beside them.

Sarielle smiled. "It's cute."

"She's always looked up to Amaranth. Back when they were saplings many of us wondered about when they bloomed. They were close enough in age that they could be close and it was likely Ellowyn would want to follow Amaranth around. Most new blooms like to be near someone. Although we do get the odd loner..." she gestured to Laceleaf and Rozenwild. "...who is happy exploring by themselves. Some worried that Amaranth being that bit older meant she'd find Ellowyn annoying. But Amaranth's so warm. She never acted like Ellowyn was in her way. She'd take her places even though she walked slowly and she helped teach her to talk. Sometimes she sat next to her in lessons despite it being something she already knew."

"That's so sweet," Kerensa said.

Sarielle grinned. "I'm just imagining new bloom Ellowyn."

"I don't imagine it's much different to now."

"She has matured a little bit," Willow assured them. "There was this one time, back when they were saplings. Both of them suddenly started dropping leaves and no one could work out why. They thought something was wrong with the soil. Celandine even transformed next to them to test it. Eventually, someone caught them throwing leaves and giggling. They'd made it a game."

"I discovered I could drop leaves over Ellowyn and make her laugh," Amaranth said, scooting over to join them.

Ellowyn crawled, wedging herself next to Sae. "They told us we had to stop because being bare wasn't good for us."

Sage and Abelia drifted into the fire garden, the last to join the tribe. Willow shifted so Sage could sit with her and Abelia found a spot next to them. Laceleaf slid off the low branch where she'd been lounging.

"We need to have a discussion."

"Oh...yes, I suppose we should." Willow gestured with her hands. "Everyone, listen in."

Laceleaf picked a spot in the circle and sank to her knees. "I merely wish to discuss our actions from here."

Kerensa glanced around, noting she wasn't the only one confused by her words. "What actions?"

"Yes, please tell us what you're talking about," Rozenwild said.

Laceleaf ignored her smarmy tone. "Against the remaining hex tree. Now that Amaranth is free we can plan our assault." She cast a suspicious glance around. "Unless anyone else has decided now is a good time to make a sapling?"

Everyone stared, taken aback by her harsh tone.

"Laceleaf," Willow said with disapproval.

Ellowyn looked hurt. "Sae's gift was very generous."

Laceleaf remained stoic. "I have nothing to say against anyone's generosity. I appreciate what Sarielle has done, but it was reckless. As long as that tree exists, it poses a threat to us. I know you couldn't involve the elhuvens who hadn't slept with one of us in an attack. But delay is not our friend. The more exposure they have to us, the less use they are in the fight. Sage cannot venture near the tree and now neither can Sarielle."

Willow combed her fingers through her hair. "She's right. We've been so focused on the elhuvens and reviving our sisters that we forgot about the other hex tree. I'm sorry. I should have...I'm the oldest."

Rozenwild frowned. "It's not your fault, Willow. We're the youngest nymphs in the tribe. None of us are used to making any sort of decisions that affect the group."

"I don't think anyone forgot," Sage said.

"No, we just haven't made a plan about dealing with it and therefore we overlooked the issue of having elhuvens to fight it." Willow shook her head at Sage. "I didn't even think of it when they asked permission. If I had, I would have told them to wait."

"I didn't expect them to do it that quickly."

Willow drew circles on Sage's thigh. "Neither did I. Which was foolish of me. Ellowyn's not good at impulse control."

Ellowyn looked guilty.

Laceleaf crossed her arms. "We may not be able to use Kerensa either." She, along with everyone else, looked straight at Kerensa. "No more sex. Sleep with one of the elhuvens instead."

Kerensa glanced at Rozenwild, who made a face at her and shrugged.

"You haven't actually asked any of them if they want to come, Laceleaf," Amaranth pointed out. She looked around the group. "Who's in?"

Aster's hand shot up. "Absolutely. I hated that I couldn't last time."

Evadne firmly raised her arm too, followed less enthusiastically by Abelia, and tentatively by Hevani. Maybe it was revenge. Maybe it just felt like the right thing to do, but everyone wanted a part.

Laceleaf looked satisfied. "Thank you. We should leave as soon as possible. Tomorrow would be best."

"There's...something..." Sarielle started, sharing a look with Kerensa.

"We'd like to go to the village," Kerensa finished.

Laceleaf sighed.

Rozenwild smiled at her. "Oh, trust me, you'll like what they have planned."

-—————————————————————————

AUTHOR NOTE:

Sorry this chapter kind of sucks. I planned to put Hevani and Ammy's story into one chapter like this as it was made up of tiny snippets too small to work as their own scenes. And as a surprise. (Let me know when you worked out who Amaranth was going to get.) In hindsight, it hasn't worked out as well as I would have liked. It could use a lot of reworking, but my health has been awful this year and I've already been chipping away at the editing for 3 months. I'm over it. Next chapter should be up soon and is much better.