All Comments on 'The Last of Her Kind Ch. 03'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindover 4 years ago
Writerannabelle weaves her tale

And bit by bit, draws us further in, ensnaring us until we demand to know more.

Thanks for sharing. 5* Slainté

JOVA82JOVA82over 4 years ago
Patience

I've been waiting for arachne, and while the story has started slowly, it's been great so far.

Anyone can write smut, but to make a good story, you need some skills, and as the world seems to be mixed with the real world it makes it even better.

The need to stay hidden, and the urges you still get, especially when you need to expose yourself for your needs to be taken care of.

But then again, I'm sucker for monstorious women, and even bigger sucker for "women that are superior to me" by abilities, strength, size, or anything along those lines.

The best story on Literotica so far.

SmutolSmutolover 4 years ago
YES

Enjoying the story very much so far. Im new to this reality so couple of questions if i may. I rly thought that this Darren guy apart from erotic purpose presents also some defensive benefits for our Anna hero :) ( fit soldier with solid combat experience- pretty uncommon hero type on lit). But then again hes confrontation with that "drunk" guy was pretty one sided. How powerfull are the hunters here then? Anna did not mention past boyfriends so how did she knew how to blow a male :) ? Regarding breeding instinct she should concentrate on sexual methods to impregnate herself with paralyzed male, as so blowing one should be new to her. This encounter will produce a lot of questions she will want to ask Darren hopefully. Am i analyzing too much? I get that often. Now waiting for the next chapter again aaaw

geek_writergeek_writerover 4 years ago
Loving it so far

Your attention to detail is amazing! This kind of writing is what all of us strive for.

Well come, can't wait for the next one. Have you done anything else in the meantime while we wait for the next chapter?

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Truly enjoying this...the way you write...how you capture the essence of things!

A small part of my life was spent in 'Nam as a "guest"...to put it nicely. You have touched on some of the feelings generated. Some came back whole...some of came back in part...and way too many came back changed (though not for the better.) Thanks for how you are handling this.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Complex

But fascinating for those of us who have never delved into similar topics before. Having never read of this type of arachne, I find this one really engaging.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice Work!

I'm really enjoying this and the quality of your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great

I like it I look forward to reading more when it comes out.

RodimusMikeRodimusMikeover 4 years ago
Ana?

I am not sure what to think of Ana,at times she contemplates biting him and mating then eating him but like now she fought her instincts and gave Darren a BJ.Its like Ana is of two minds,the Arachne one and the Human one,and Ana has clearly shown her caring and compassion for the people in that town,but its obvious that Darren is her achillies heel and she so wants him as both a father of her offspring but as a meal to boot.

But Ana knows if Darren goes missing Sherriff Walters will come searching,I am not sure what Ana's plan is for Darren but I just hope before the end there is some kind of resolution.Oh and Great Story.

christi11christi11over 4 years ago
Well done, you've captured my interest.

Well done, you've captured my interest and I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and time with all of us out here in reader land.

msnerdmsnerdover 4 years ago
Woah, Nelly!

Cannot brain, fried by last few paragraphs.

Wow.

Can we do it again soon?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Got me hooked

First off nicely done i love all the detail about the characters your stories an look forward to each new chapter an cant wait to read the next one an look forward to see where Darren an Ana's relationship go from here.

JC

PokingdemonPokingdemonover 4 years ago
Two things

A beetle eating a candy bar while talking to Darren. And the but with the mice. Love it. Also are Jeffery and Cyrus even human? What's up with that?

MrWizard53MrWizard53over 4 years ago

Great story! Thank you for the way you handled the PTSD and the nightmares, from a vet - thank you. For understanding, for caring and for handling a tough subject in such a fine fashion. Again, thank you.

Lenny20Lenny20over 4 years ago

Love this tale so far. And the Vietnam flashbacks are vivid as hell, they're giving me goosebumps.

Just an amazing read alltogether!

KyoSpiceKyoSpiceover 4 years ago
Bang on!

And the plot thickens.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Really good story

Very good flow of this story so far.

illwindillwindover 4 years ago

Is the sheriff meant to be bad at his job? Because that's certainly how he's coming off to me. First he asks a complete stranger to 'get his back'(one who by all accounts will react badly in a violent situation), then lets a guy who assaulted him just walk away(which would never happen, not in the 70s or any other era in American history), and worst of all, he doesn't draw any connection between these two guys who were skulking around the woods at the same time an apparent bomb was set off. Really? He doesn't even want to ask if they saw anything out there?

The fact that Ana is not even considering leaving is just insane to me. She was paranoid and thinking about moving on just because Darren showed up. And now the guys who slaughtered her entire family are after her and all she's worried about is her next meal. What's up with that?

I'm still invested in the story, but man, these characters really need to stop being so oblivious.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Feedback

Wow. So different from HFHM but you've done really well.

The PTSD thing has been done well. I suffer from it and it does completely take over at times. All rationality goes out the door. I think you've done it justice here.

Really enjoying the story and the cameo from Emily. I assume Lilly wasnt the succubus as this is set in the 70s?

Again, well done for tackling something different.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amazing!!

Incredible how you have Ana fighting her instinct yet succumbing to its lust without completing her natural drive. And mixed with such realistic ptsd nightmares, and giving him relief from those as well. Superbly erotic and emotionally gripping

ashman48ashman48almost 4 years ago
Very interesting Story.

A 2.33 yr tour in Vietnam , 30% Disabled Vet , turning 72 next week. I've been reading lots of Were Wolf stories over the past 10-12 months,this is a pleasent break

in my non-human addiction.

Most of my ptsd has really mellowed over the yrs , Church and stopping drinking helped a lot .

I think you are doing a good job on all fronts and I disagree with " ilwind" . Guessing Sheriff Waters lost his son to the Nam and lots of rural small towns in the 60-70's were ran more like extended families than like city goverments of to day. Plus it is easier on the flow of the story. Ana's showed concern and thought about them following if she left .

Thanks so much for what you do , Pease keep writing

George

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
Simply fantastic

You are hitting on all cylinders, weaving a captivating story and I am excited to see where you take it next!

I realize that I've read a little bit of HFHM, years ago, then lost track of the story.

I figure I'll finish this rather than try to catch up in your Epic story just to be able to make a few connections. If 'Home' is anywhere near this good, I have a lot of very entertaining reading in my future!

Thanks again for sharing,

J

BotanicGoddessBotanicGoddessover 3 years ago
Very well written!

Truth be told, I HATE spiders!! So much so that just the thought of them usually sends chills up my spine uncontrollably. However, this story is so well written, that I can’t seem to stop reading, lol. Excited to see how this story ends & can’t wait to read your other works, xoxo!

AvidReader47AvidReader47over 3 years ago
Wonderfully creative

Your ability to make stories like this enjoyable never fails to amaze me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

As a 30 y/o Marine vet and avid military historian, you are painting a very truthful picture of what many Vietnam vets had delt with. I'm honored that you did the due diligence to write suck a beautiful ugliness of that war.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your spider gals inspire me!!! I really want to make on to put in a dnd campaign now!!!

Smvs232Smvs232over 2 years ago

So did lily kill Marcus in one of your other stories?

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 2 years ago

Sometimes I wish I could give more than 5 🌟. Some stories are just that good. This is one of them.

t6greent6greenover 2 years ago

Annabelle, I was in the Army from 1971 to 1979 and l listened to many Vietnam Vets. And I think you did an admirable job. If you ever want to read what it was like for the out on the ground and doing the patrols, the best book I have read is “Sand In The Wind”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To think I had almost passed up on reading this 🤯

JacktacularJacktacularabout 2 years ago

I think I like this story better than hfhm because of the toned down sex, it’s less campy and more real. You’re just that good of a writer. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

amansasamansasalmost 2 years ago

Ooh. The succubus reference was sick. It's good that we get to see her work for the Society, I had forgotten for a bit. Can you blame me, her scenes in HFHM are just so cute. And holy shit, that dream sequence was very twisted and crazy. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Only wanted to clear up one point.

Vietnam 67-68.

Had boots with steel toes etc

Protection for bottom and top.

VC learned from earlier boots to slant stakes in so if jerked back quickly pieced top. USMC

Hearthfire223Hearthfire223almost 2 years ago

Great take on heavy and serious, and just a tad of lighter stuff, wonderful writing all around.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Must have read this over 2 years ago but an not see a comment, probably wanted to me onto the next chapter.

Like the way you're building up the story and relationships between Darren and the townspeople but especially Ana. I'm no expert but the nightmares and events experienced by Darren seem real and very vivid.

5⛤

vron_skyvron_skyabout 1 year ago

Thank you for your magic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That is another way to wakeup some from a nightmare.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

If this is as you say "an attempt to stretch and refine my writing skills" I can asure you success with A+++ score.

Where do this centuries-old magical item came from? Was it placed so accurately there by whom? Wil these mysteries be revelated? I cannot wait to know so jumo tobread next chapter now.

Procurator9Procurator99 months ago

😏 Caught with het mouth full.,.

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot8 months ago

Fortunately I was part of the Air War. Unfortunately I was in special ops training pilots for the local air forces. I had several students/friends who did not survive, but more who made out before the country fell. Hopefully this won't trigger any of the bleaker dreams.... (I haven't had any for 25 plus years, and don't expect any.)

JodailyJodaily8 months ago

Yes! That was hard! I remember a friends husband coming back from 'Nam. Fucked him up. Don't know if he ever got over it. The whole thing was fucked up.

srv3135srv31352 months ago

Hi Annabelle. I knew Nam vets and I think your portrayal of Darren's PTSD was very good. I barely missed being drafted so I sympathized with the poor guys who went through the hell of Vietnam.

MetaBobMetaBob28 days ago

Sometimes the things I'm proudest of writing, afterward, come from the times I challenged myself to write something different, something outside my usual experience, something difficult. You did a really nice job here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES