All Comments on 'The Last of Her Kind Ch. 05'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
ender2k2kender2k2kover 4 years ago
Wow

That was really well done. I hope the next chapter is soon. Thanks

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Wow, transcendent!

I almost skipped this chapter, it was starting to drag... Then you blew me away. Congratulations for a masterful story which has me absolutely riveted!

Everything was copacetic except the thigamajig the guys from the order pulled from their pocket... Yes, Darren got nauseous, as predicted, but I couldn't figure out what you wanted us to think. An alien device which alters the space-time continuum? An anti-matter device? That probably needs to be solved if you release it commercially. I'm ex-Special Forcces, I've seen, used, or read about every 'device' out there, and that was the only 'thing' I had a problem with.

Great story, keep it up!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 4 years ago
Amazing chapter

First rate story-telling. Thanks for sharing! 5* Slainté

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Wow. Can't wait for more

Great chapter. Love this story way more than I thought I would. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
too good

This story is just too damn good to let stop after 2 more chapters. You need to keep this thing going as long as you can. This is truly amazing.

PolyacrylatePolyacrylateover 4 years ago
Two things, both good:

1. "No man left behind."

Me, while reading on my phone in public: "Oh. Fuck. Wow."

Coworker, looking up from desk: "What?"

Me: "Uhhh...."

2. I can't say how much it made me smile that you closed your post-script with "Take care of each other!" We all need to remember to do it more often!

Thanks for another great chapter!

SmutolSmutolover 4 years ago
5/5

I only wish there would be more :)

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Just gunna place this out there

Whether or not the introduction of Arachne venom has the potential to awaken latent magical talent, or the guy just has that deep a connection to his own head's internal conflict; I am very much looking forward to the next chapter.

My main hope is a "honey, I'm home," moment when he finds her again. Hopefully before her pregnancy has progressed too far, if only so he can be there with her for it. Though, if he misses just the first batch, that's not so bad a thing.

Mancy is a suffix meaning divination. Their watch device seems to use a form of hemomancy to examine the past. Kinesis is the proper term for things affecting motion, telekinesis vs telemancy. I mention this only because while I like the idea of being aided by spirits of the dead with information, I think it usually has a grander scale when their help is physical as well. And this chapter certain sparked those thoughts. Thank you again for submitting your work, it is wonderful, and I look forward to what comes next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Rambo time

I've really been enjoying the story so far, and I figured there would be a Rambo moment. I hope there is a happily ever after for these two :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

HOLY HELL!! You have a gift with storytelling. even without sexual scenes you would still be beating many named writers, I found you looking for my fetish but I keep coming back for the actual talented work.

do we have anyone in the comments rich enough to publish this great weaver of tales? I'd buy a hardcopy of Annabelle's compiled works.

JoshsBondJoshsBondover 4 years ago
Love the work you do.

Love your work! I've read all of HHM and part of the Ice Man story this is really good.

ArcTalyxArcTalyxover 4 years ago
Hooah!

I loved this chapter. The tension keeps ramping up, and the chapter end was ideal. I can’t thank you enough for making the buildup towards Halloween so awesome with this story’s quick release.

skippersdadskippersdadover 4 years ago
kept me reading

I love it your writing it keeps me on the edge of my seat , I have been reading all your writing and I love the stories .

welldun4u2welldun4u2over 4 years ago

Fuck it Annabelle, you are the best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Superb

Annabelle, without hyperbole, you're the best writer on this site.

EriktheAwfulEriktheAwfulover 4 years ago
You wanna survive war, you gotta become war.

Diggin it Annabelle.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
Going so well

And I'm so glad that he didn't get eaten. I look forward to all being resolved with the baddies beaten and the happy parents waiting for their little spider eggs to hatch.

And Annabelle, it is so rare to find a word wrongly used in one of your stories that when it is it stands out like the proverbial. "I think you're body is wonderful." on Pg.3 was that one rare occasion.

Lue

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Would like to give this a 10!!!!!

This must be what withdrawal feels like until the next fix...I am addicted to your story!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lock 'n' load!

Time to scrub these two overly-pious, prejudiced, haughty pricks from the planet

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great.Story!!!

Checking every day for the next chapter; wishing more than 2 left. Hope you have thoughts about other stories in this universe.... ....Aunt Emily, the Bigfoot, others not yet named. Thanks for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Mike Radley

Please make this a true cross over with Darrens decendants making contact with the mansion.

TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispererover 4 years ago
why

why should it end????

PokingdemonPokingdemonover 4 years ago
Darren's Ghosts.

Darren's Ghosts. Are they hallucinations or are they actually haunting him. I'm kind of hoping foe thw latter. It would be awesome to see the look on their faces when they manifest and do something where it isn't just Darren seeing it. On the other hand meh. I won't be disappointed either way. I don't think that you have any intentions for Darren to come through this by supernatural means of his own. 5 stars.

gentleman_boehnergentleman_boehnerover 4 years ago
Good thing Sheriff Walker found Darren still tied to the chair.

That way he knows that the fire - and Ana's disappearance - wasn't Darren's fault and his alibi is secure (which a good lawman like Walker would have to consider even through he's taken a liking to the drifter). I almost missed it at first pass and was going to point it out. Part of what makes your writing such a good read is your attention to detail, AH. Looking forward to the concluding chapters!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo

An excellent piece of writing. I hope you will grace us with many more beautifully crafted stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Yep, it's official.

Darren's a badass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I love your work!

I always look forward to reading the next chapters the sex is hot am the story is amazing an i also agree with another comment yes please please please add one of the children or somthing crossed over into the Raddly house that would be so cool

JC

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Spider

Nice touch with Darren talking to the spiders and being carefull with them. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Evolution of the story

Excellent! plays out like a horror, drama turned love story, now a revenge theme! Reminds me of the Supernatural tv series in a way.

christi11christi11over 4 years ago
Wooo hooo!

My favorite chapter so far, keep it up! And thank you once again for sharing your thoughts and time with all of us out here. :-)

christi11christi11over 4 years ago
I want the next chapter, and I want it now!!!

<throws a hissy fit!> :-) Yeah, this chapter was THAT good, and you left us all dangling wanting to know what's next! And yeah, this is my second comment for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brilliant

Really great story. Compelling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great stuff!

Thanks so much for your wonderful story. Things are getting exciting and I can’t wait to see how this plays out!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Omy glob I cant wait for the next one. It literally gave me chills when he said "prepare for war".

Lenny20Lenny20over 4 years ago
Just great

Another great chapter! Really exciting and a lot happening all at once. I'm very much excited about what will come next and how this story will end.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
If you've been there you know

I still talk to my squadmates and it's been 40 years. You've got this pretty well down, well done.

illwindillwindover 4 years ago

Jeffery better get just all kinds of murdered before this story ends. Also wouldn't mind seeing Cyrus have one of his magic rods shoved where the sun don't shine, but Jeff is just begging to be made to suffer.

This was probably the most compelling chapter thus far. Sex, heartbreak, violence, and a call-to-action to wrap things up. It had it all! Only thing that bothered me(and has been for awhile) is how the Order has this seemingly endless supply of magical devices, yet still has to rely on walkie-talkies and payphones. You would think in between the incendiary glowsticks and the self-tying rope they would have come up with at least one communication device.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is amazing!

I have binge read this entire series the last few days. I cannot tell you how great your writing is. Amazing job and please don't stop writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
PTSD

The shitty thing about PTSD is its perfect for what hes gearing up for. PTSD allows your brain to cope with the shit that's not normal and to do abnormal stuff. It's a double edged sword cause it also fucks you up and means when your back in the normal, you are still abnormal. It's why rambo wtc works. If he ever got over the PTSD he could never go through hell again.

Brilliant writting Annabelle. I've binge read this series in 2 days. I cant wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You have no idea

I read this and after each page close my eyes ... I know it's fantasy, yet to some of us it IS still reality. Not the spider, but the dreams, the smells, the people we still see who never came back. Not sure if this is helping or hurting, but I'm not going to stop reading...

Ramjet75Ramjet75almost 4 years ago
Agreed

Once you have been in nasty combat it never ends. Thankfully I didn't do anything I consider bad or evil so I can cope, No war nightmares, Thank God. But I saw the enemy to some seriously bullshit things to our guys, So I understand the trauma. Bottom Line? Kill the enemy before they kill you. Bomb Hell out of the bastards and let God sort them out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I LOVE this story!!

This chapter especially had me on the edge of my seat! I seriously want Jeffrey and Cyrus to die horribly, they're truly awful. Incredibly compelling story, beautifully written characters, I can't stress enough how much of a fan I am.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Compelling

Think I'm hooked so hope this ends as a romance. Story telling is excellent.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
Fuck that was good!

I got shivers down my spine. It's freaking me out a bit the way he is interacting with the ghosts, but I like how you are integrating them.

KronosisKronosisover 3 years ago
HOW TO CHANGE RATING!?!?

THIS STORY IS CRAZY GOOD!! But I accidentally selected 4 stars instead of 5 AND I CANT CHANGE IT

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Your integration of the broken mind of a Marine into a story of your caliber warms my heart.

MuffinMan13MuffinMan13about 3 years ago

OMG... Another blinding story. I have been reading this as HFHM is running out. This is just as excelent. It draws you in and engages you with the charaters as HFHM does.

You are a talented writer and it is a pleasure to read your work.

t6greent6greenover 2 years ago

So so good as Always:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He's about to go Rambo on they sorry asses

shyspudshyspudover 2 years ago

bloody brilliant

and loved the sex scene

K_FletcherK_Fletcherabout 2 years ago

Brilliant - awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Who is the meanest MF in the valley!!

Rain napalm on their parade

Redneck_390Redneck_390almost 2 years ago

This is a truly beautiful story, top shelf!

Hearthfire223Hearthfire223almost 2 years ago

Wicked!

Crazy great turning point chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Holy shit that ending was amazing! Well done!

Soapiestbeast48Soapiestbeast48over 1 year ago

Such a great story. I know its a completely different setting but i'm getting 2004 punisher vibes from Darren right now xD

madcrimsonmadcrimsonover 1 year ago

What ever happens with Jeffrey: He has it coming.

SilverPlatedSilverPlatedabout 1 year ago

Earlier in it felt like the Order were very well rounded anti-heroes, but Jeffery at least seem to lean into the dark side for no real reason. Loved the mating scene with Ana, looking forward to the next chapter.

jacobinorpjacobinorpabout 1 year ago

"Prepare for war": are we in the Buffyverse now, or is this another Firefly/Serenity moment? Kudos anyways....

NutsterNutster12 months ago

"Mr. McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Even a mage and a power man are not going to be enough to stop an angry hallucinating ex-soldier who has decided to remove you from existence. He needs a calming influence in his life and you are definitely not it. Quite possibly Captain Cutter's end will be nicer than yours.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As vanilla chapters ended the story turn to hardcore.

You never disapoint. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

God please let this be a happy ending, I can't stop reading. Busted hard to the mating scene, now post nut clarity has me totally invested in the fight scene and for what's to come.

MetaBobMetaBob26 days ago

Mic drop chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES