All Comments on 'The Last of Her Kind Ch. 06'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
TheDemonWhispererTheDemonWhispererover 4 years ago
Damn...

This was uploaded 51 min ago and I could not resist the urge to read it. Now I have to wait for the next...

Question 1: Will ana be added to HFHM?

Q2: Does Ana resemble Rachnera Arachnera from the Monster Musume anime series?

Good chapter and happy writing.

TDW

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 4 years ago
Page 4 was the best!

Never thought you would walk us through that cliffhanger on page 3, so many writers just leave us dangling on the edge. ^.^

Still though, where Does it go form here?

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Most excellent!

Exciting, intriguing, and thoroughly enjoyable.

The Order's toys are intriguing, I hope at some point that you give some sort of a cover story or an explanation. In a previous chapter, their bodies were enhanced. Yes, the Order in is well funded.

I look forward to the ending!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Spider bias

My favorite author is R A Salvatore, which favorite hero is Drizzt Do'Urden.

His main nemesis is the spider queen. She rule over the drow which worship spiders.

With that bias I just cant spiders as an erotic subject.

Though, I really enjoy your writing.... keep it up...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Small error

Didn't he moved the slip to his sock from his pocket.

luedonluedonover 4 years ago
How will the story end? Indeed.

If the author has to ask the question, what is the reader to think?

At least we are promised an ending. I do hope it's a happy one with lots of little spiders hatching out and happily playing in their webs.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

It's incredible to see your writing get better and better. This story is top notch.

ErocratErocratover 4 years ago
Re: TheDemonWhisperer

As to your question on Ana joining the HfHM: on page 2 of chapter 32, Annabelle writes about Emily's quest: "Unfortunately, magical creatures were becoming increasingly hard to come by. The Arachne she had discovered in Utah certainly wasn't coming anytime soon." Instead, there's the apparent relocation to Oregon. Maybe one of Ana's daughters will?

I'm almost convinced she's good guy (girl, sorry) material, even if a group of human children was previously described as "the equivalent of an open box of doughnuts". If zombies can learn control, why not arachnes? Indeed, the level of bloodlust these creatures exhibit fits in nicely with man's thirst for destruction, and Annabelle's creatures are cuter and more sympathetic than the average human. Well, mostly. On some level, Ana still scares the bejesus out of me, and I appreciate only a fraction of all the sucking she does.

I'm seriously arachnophobic. It's Annabelle's engaging writing that made me try this story, and one chapter from the end, though shivering at times and having to work hard to visualize as little as I can, I'm still here... I'd be pretty upset if Ana's offspring all of a sudden decided to vote for Trump or something. Rather, it might be kinda therapeutic to have Mike play with a few extra-limbed toddlers. For me. I don't think any of this stuff fazes Mike anymore.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
I am soooo addicted !!!!!!!!

In withdrawal until the next chapter!!! Such a great story!!!!

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 4 years ago
Amazing chapter!

I could almost hear the crescendo of the music, like one of those old black-and-white serials they used to show in theatres, as the last image we have is the station wagon rolling over and over with our trapped heroes inside and the dastardly villains close behind. Will they make it? Will they escape from the men who want to kill them? Will they find peace?

Stay glued to your computer and find out in the exciting conclusion to -- Last of Her Kind!

Thanks for sharing! 5* Slainté

SmutolSmutolover 4 years ago
Mixed feelings

This chapter feels rushed. No actual emotions here for me. Neither from our heroine nor her new boyfriend. Little bit as if there was this limit of words in which Annabelle had to fit and in which this chapter had to get from start to finish. I think there still were good opportunities here for them both to TALK about each other as they both change here and they both start to notice said changes. There was time for that. Show more interaction between them. In stead this long chase takes basically all the space. Yeah i get that this had to happen as the story has to progress and there already was decided that this chapter would be about she spider running away and her bf catching up despite the bad guys. Annabelle made both our heroes so believably imperfect that i just starve for them to talk some more.

S

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bravo!

Very well written. Highly imaginative, yet comfortable. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
You’re a bastard

A cliffhanger like this is just criminal. The audacity for such cruelty is astonishing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
What a cliffhanger ending to this chapter!!!

A little slip of paper leads a young man on an insane journey to track down someone who could be the love of his life, or a monstrous creature that could very well mean his demise! Stay tuned, same time, same channel,.. soon anyway!

realusmctazmanrealusmctazmanover 4 years ago
Damn that was EPIC

I can't wait!

Bluesea00Bluesea00over 4 years ago
Congratulations less sex more history!

Very well written , I already awaiting for the next delivery and final one . It is a complex history where you can not guess the final. Congrats !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Awesome

Saw the name drop for Emily, so I can guess this is going to join the House for Horny Monsters universe at some point. Curious to see how that will happen, but still a fun read. Even if spiders aren't my thing.

harryvmiharryvmiover 4 years ago
Some people just gotta ruin my day and make mention of the monsters in DC!

It would scare me more to see Ana's children vote for a real baby eater like Kankles Clinton or the rest of the free shit demwits. The other commenter brought up the politics by mentioning Trump who ain't much but beats Kankles Clinton!

Lenny20Lenny20over 4 years ago
It keeps getting better

After the last chapter was just superb, I really thought this couldn't get any better. I was wrong. This story (as well as HFHM) just keeps getting better and better. It is really beautiful how the relationship between Darren and Ana developed over these six chapters.

I can't wait to read the finale of the series.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Bad as a soap for leaving you hanging

Excellent story, keeps you pulled in wanting more, well done.

illwindillwindover 4 years ago

These magic tricks are just getting silly now. He's got a wand to boost the performance of a combustion engine? Yeah, that's just ridiculous. Especially since a motorcycle wouldn't need any magic to catch up to a station wagon. Then despite the fact that Cyrus could just blast them from a quarter mile back with fire, lightning, or god knows what else, they drive up right next to the car. Did they want to say a quick hello before they killed them?

I don't really come to Lit for well written action sequences, but this was cringe worthy.

arcaedianarcaedianalmost 4 years ago
Pretty good stuff

I'm hoping they show up in there someplace, but the time is gonna be really different, I'm kinda lost in the later chapters of HFHM and I might just start reading it over, but I'm really hoping this ends well.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Compelling

Looking forward to last chapter

DeLord12804DeLord12804over 3 years ago

There was a comic decades ago by the name of John Fox. In one of his sets he explained the mating habits of spiders. I don't remember the set up or story, I can only remember the punchline... Spider Pussy Must be Gooooood... after getting this deep into the story, I'm inclined to believe it.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 3 years ago
GAH!

You had the steeple collapse into the building last chapter and again this chapter.

"

The steeple let out a loud groan and collapsed inward, firing a ball of flame into the sky.

"

then

"

...clutching tightly to her brother as the world burned down before them, the steeple now collapsing into the building.

"

The sheriff's son still gets me.

"

Poor kid was only nineteen and left an arm behind in Albany.

"

New York?

Helluva cliffie, you got me good!

AvidReader47AvidReader47over 3 years ago
I'm hooked

On to Chapter 7.

Pookie6Pookie6over 3 years ago

Ugh you're killing me with suspense!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Road pursuits! Your dtories have e erything, annabelle!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Stars

Sorry, that should have been a 5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good, you build a lot of personhood into the people and I really care for both Ana and Darren.

t6greent6greenover 2 years ago

Damn cliffhanger I so love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wanna buy Sheriff Walters a six pack and a giggle of Johnny Walker Blue.

shyspudshyspudabout 2 years ago

i know Cyrus obviously doesn't pass on but im hoping they get one of the bastards.....

DMMWolfDMMWolfabout 2 years ago

Is it just me.. or does this cliff hanger feel like a literal cliff hanger??

GoinfishinGoinfishinover 1 year ago

I just discovered you and I love this story. I lok forward to meeting Emily in HFHM. Well done! You have a good talent.

DeeFisher123DeeFisher12329 days ago

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES