The Lesbian, Witch and the Wardrobe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You'll have to double up on socks and we'll have to tie them up tight, but at least they'll suit your character."

A quick sort through her sock drawer, Debbie pulling out some white pop socks, with a frilly lace fringe around the tops, and a second shorter plain pair.

"Put these on first, then these."

She handed everything to Morgan, who followed her instructions. After tying the Vans up tight, she tested them out, dancing from one foot to the other.

"Hmm, they're lovely, not too loose. I've definitely had worse!"

Debbie turned the light off, and she glanced through the window.

"Just as the weatherman said, it looks as if the rain has stopped and the cloud had broken up, with a few stars peeking through. So you shouldn't need a coat."

They returned to the lounge and Debbie drew the curtains, whilst Morgan edged around the enormous wardrobe with its large ominous doors, nudging them so they swung closed, hardly daring to hold them. As she pocketed her purse in a small handbag with her phone and keys, Debbie noticed her friend's shoulders relax, once the gaping entry of her jail cell narrowed to a slit.

As they approached the front door to the apartment, she could sense Morgan's apprehension. She casually invited her to cross the threshold first. Morgan faltered, pausing as she bit her lip, her eyes now a dull sea green, as she shook her head, unsure of taking the next few steps.

"It's okay, look," Debbie said, opening and stepping through the doorway. "See, I've not turned to stone."

She reached her hand out to her pensive friend, wiggling her fingers to invite her outside. Full of terror, Morgan glanced either side of Debbie, to be sure The Mistress wasn't waiting for her.

"No, there's no one out here but me."

She wondered how much courage Morgan must have had to have explored the house in earlier years and even when she ventured further before The Mistress returned to live on the ground floor. Fingers slid into hers and they hooked together.

Slowly she encouraged Morgan through, as she continually scanned the surrounding hallway, unsure of Debbie's assurances that it remained empty. Her one foot hovered over the door frame step, then landed on the black-and-white tiles outside.

Morgan paused, half in and half out for a split second, before jumping into Debbie's arms with a gleeful grin across her face and a gasp of relief. After a brief hug, the bright green flame of excitement in Morgan's eyes returned. She waved her palms excitedly in the air, as her desire to escape gripped her.

She pulled her front door closed, glancing at Morgan as the satisfying click of the lock echoed in the hallway. She dashed across the hall to the side of the stairwell and glanced down, pleased to see them empty, as she pressed the bar down on the emergency exit to push it open.

Debbie smiled, silently congratulating her neighbours who had done their maintenance well, as the door effortlessly swung open without a sound. The chilly night air rushed in to discourage them, but Morgan brushed past her, now unafraid and eager to discover more.

"I'll meet you down the bottom of the stairs in a minute."

Morgan didn't wait to be told twice and silently crept down the black metal fire escape as Debbie pulled the door closer with barely a snick. Whilst she almost danced down the first few flights, she slowed for the last two flights, knowing that some of the carpeted treads creaked.

Pleased that all those hours in the gym were paying off now, as she stretched her legs to double step down over any offending squeaky steps, checking over the rail to ensure the entranceway below remained empty.

At the bottom of the staircase, Debbie gave herself a silent congratulatory pat on her own back as she stepped onto the large welcome mat. More out of habit, she automatically checked for any post in her pigeonhole.

"Hello love. Are you going out trick or treating?"

Came a sharp quavering voice behind her, causing her to jump.

'How does she do that?'

Debbie turned to see the old lady, who she now knew to be the ancient witch, Mistress Eleanor.

Her cold dark eyes bored into her, as Debbie tried to close her mind to her, terrified she'd know her secret and turn her anger on her.

'She couldn't have heard me!'

She stuttered a reply, "Ah, er, yeah. Yeah."

"Not getting dressed up, dear?"

Debbie shivered as she saw the old witch measuring her up and down.

"Oh, I'm meeting at a friend's house and changing there, then we're off to eat out."

"Hmm, that's nice. I see the weather has cleared up for all the witches out for a flight tonight."

She cackled a sharp, ear piercing laugh as she returned to her apartment.

Debbie shivered and felt as if someone had just walked over her grave. Before she left, eager to join Morgan, she stole one last look to watch the partially glazed door to 1A close. Above her, the movement sensing lights further up the staircase, turned off, one by one.

'So that's how she knew!'

Debbie dodged around the house along the pavement, checking over her shoulder for flickering curtains. She watched for a little longer, then skipped down the tarmac drive and over the wet grass, down the side to the rear and the bottom of the fire exit.

She stood alone on the lawn, in the scant moonlight, looking about the garden, but couldn't see Morgan. She stepped back to look up at the full height of the stairs, just in case she hadn't come down, but it was empty.

Suddenly, hands covered her eyes, and Morgan's soft voice purred behind her.

"Guess who?"

Debbie jumped out of her skin and turned to admonish her silently chuckling friend.

"You scared the crap out of me." She whispered.

Morgan gave her a sad look, curling her bottom lip and giving her fluorescent green puppy dog eyes. Debbie grabbed her hand and pulled her around the house, into the shadow caused by the high fence with a gate.

Debbie peeled off her long coat to hang it up on a nail. After hooking her bag back onto her shoulder, she tried to shush the uncontrollably giggly Morgan as they passed through the gate. As soon as it closed behind them, they ran arm in arm down the street.

They had to dodge one or two younger trick or treaters, making their way home. Debbie pulled Morgan down a side road. Now well away from the house, they hugged each other, squealing with laughter. After a quick dance of glee, they walked hand in hand to the other end, to join the busy high street.

They avoided parents ushering little zombies, witches, vampires, a Barbie, Ken, sponge Bob and even a Buzz Lightyear along the pavement. Morgan continued to look excitedly around, but her arms remained clamped about Debbies. Her head flicked left and right, following every car or bus that passed.

Debbie invited her into a high street bistro. As they entered, a waiter came over to welcome them along with the warm interior and some soft unrecognisable muzak. Whilst it was busy, it wasn't full and being only two of them, they had a choice of several tables along the narrow but deep restaurant.

They chose a little cubby where they could sit alongside each other. Debbie chose this so she could show Morgan who her character was on her phone. But also, so they could be close. As they sat down, she pulled excitedly at Debbie's arm.

"This used to be a pharmacy!" She exclaimed, pointing at the long bar opposite them.

"That was the counter, but it ran along the front and was longer. With apothecary shelving behind, full of jars and packets of medicines. The ceiling was white but without the vines."

She nodded up to the dark green ceiling with gold stars speckled on it and vines, wrapping around the decor and lighting. She remained glued to Debbie as the waiter returned with menus, avoiding his admiring smile.

"Would you like something to drink while you choose?"

"Please, can we have two glasses of prosecco? Could we also have a side order of cheesy ciabatta bread and those wonderful garlic mussels in tomato sauce you do?"

"Why, I believe you've been here before?"

The waiter grinned, now recognising Debbie, as he tapped at his palmtop with the tip of a pen.

"I sure have, and tonight, you have no idea what a godsend you are for this lady. Thanks."

He took out a tiny lighter and lit the tall candle stuck in a small, dumpy brown wine bottle, dribbled with multicoloured streaks of wax.

"Glad to be of service."

The waiter turned and scurried to the bar to type into his palm top and give the barman their order.

"Why do we need a candle when we have lights?" Morgan asked, nodding to the yellowed art déco wall lights.

"It's romantic."

"Oh! If I'd left one lit when there were oil lamps lit, I'd lose a week's pay or worse. Not that I ever got paid!"

"Aw, lovely. Dare I ask what you mean by worse? Don't worry, they're electric, so there's no waste and candles must cost barely a minute of work. It's okay."

Debbie patted Morgan's knee to notice how she'd shrunk back into herself, quite different to that brave woman she discovered in her lounge. Then realised she was well out of time and anxiety probably didn't begin to describe it.

"Do you need help with the menu?"

"Please, what's this?"

"Ah, it's a beetroot puree. They mash it down, so it's like a thick sauce. Don't worry, most of those are just different ways to present the vegetables. Do you want a starter?"

She pointed to the far top left corner.

"Ugh, prawn cocktail? They leave a prawn swimming in your drink?"

Debbie laughed, "No. The prawns are all peeled and cooked. They mix them up with mayonnaise and a few more little garnishes. They used to serve them in a cocktail glass, some still do!"

"I can't read it. The writing is all strange."

"Ha ha, that's French. Frites are thin chips. We'd best keep this easy or we'll be here all night. I've already ordered side dishes, so we don't need starters, but will order mains. Then if you have room, we can have sweets."

Morgan grinned, nodding at her, looked disoriented as the waiter returned. He placed bubbling flutes of prosecco in front of each of them.

"I'll bring your side orders shortly."

Debbie thanked him and picked up her glass to toast Morgan, but she had a bewildered look on her face.

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know. I didn't feel like this when I previously left the house. This feels strange."

"Don't worry, I'll take care of you. Maybe you're just hungry? You weren't sure when you last ate a proper meal."

Morgan shrugged, unsure of the solution.

"Possibly."

Debbie put her flute back down. "It would be prudent not to have any alcohol until after you've eaten."

Out of the blue, two plates arrived on the table, surprising the friends. The waitress apologised.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. Your side orders."

"Oh, thanks. Can we have some tap water, please?"

"Certainly."

She headed across to the end of the bar where some bottles sat, to bring one back with glasses.

"Thanks."

She poured the water and left, leaving the bottle. Debbie pushed the plate with the two large slices of garlic bread, dripping with melted cheese, towards Morgan.

"Have a bite, see what you think, but the cheese will be hot."

Morgan sniffed at a long slice, then nibbled at an edge. She grinned at Debbie and took a mouthful, then had to suck air in through her teeth to cool it, whilst trying not to laugh.

"Don't say I didn't warn you!"

Debbie unravelled a knife and fork from a serviette and picked at the loose pink muscle flesh inside a shell in the small oval bowl, to dip it in the thick tomato sauce and pop it in her mouth.

"Holy cow, these are the best."

"May I try one?"

Debbie nodded and collected another muscle out of the shell, dipping it before feeding it to Morgan. She couldn't help but stare at her glossy lips as they wrapped over her fork, and she felt Morgan's pull as she took the morsel. She had a twinge of excitement watching her chew it, smiling as the garlic and chilli hit her taste buds.

'Holy crap, am I also now a food feeding fetishist? Is that a thing?' Debbie thought, as Morgan grinned and she hummed in appreciation for the tastes she was experiencing. She quickly followed it with a sensual lick of her lips and a huge bite of the bread.

"These are the best. How have I survived without this in my life?" She mumbled through a full mouth, and her eyes bulged with pleasure.

Morgan fought for her fork as she tried to unravel it from the napkin with one hand, not daring to put her bread down. After a second fight for a blob of muscle flesh and a dip, she had another explosion of taste to cause her to hum in ecstasy as she chewed and finished the last of her bread.

Debbie enjoyed watching her polish the rest of the two side dishes off as she sipped her prosecco and checked the menu, but already knew it off by heart.

"If I read out the options, let me know what you prefer?"

Morgan nodded, still savouring every bite.

"Let's break it down. They have fish, haddock, sardines."

She gave a shake of her head.

"Okay, no fish. Well, they have various pasta & Pizza dishes?"

Morgan looked quizzical as she took another mouthful of Muscles.

"Hmm, okay, we'll ignore the vegetarian dishes, as I'm sure you've had your fill of vegetables previously?"

Morgan shook her head furiously, with bulging eyes, making Debbie chuckle.

"Yeah, I think you're too hungry for just more veg! So that leaves the best choices of all. Steak and burgers."

She swallowed and nodded.

"Please, I've never had steak."

"Do you like liver?"

"Definitely, although I've only had it once. The master left some on a plate and I tried it before anyone saw."

Morgan began mopping up the final smears of the tomato and garlic sauce with the last crust of bread.

"That's it then. You can have the steak Rossini and I'll have the Bistro Big Burger! Then if we have room, we can think about sweets."

"If all the food is as good as the bread and muscles, I'd be happy to stay here all night? We may have to anyway, as I feel fuller than I've ever been in my life."

The two laughed, then a buzzing came from Debbie's bag. She quickly pulled her phone out and checked the illuminated caller ID.

"I'd better answer this."

Debbie swiped and clicked the speaker button.

A human screech omitted from the phone, forcing her to turn the volume down. She held it between them and two faces filled the screen.

"Yo girl! Where the heck are you? We're preloading at Zoe's and you're supposed to meet us here."

"I'm at the High street Bistro, with my new friend. Say hi to Abby and Charlotte, Morgan."

Debbie adjusted her phone so her friends could see them both.

"Hi."

"Wow, she's one hot Harley Quinn. What's her name again?"

"Morgan."

"That's a bloke's name!"

Morgan grabbed the phone to shout at it, "No, it's not. It was my mother's name, too."

The few people eating around them turned to stare and tut.

"Shhh, not so loud!" Debbie whispered. "Indoor voices, please. We don't want to be thrown out before we've eaten."

Morgan's eyes had narrowed to green lasers and tried to burn through the phone to hurt the insulter.

"Ooo, feisty one, here you have, Debbie."

A third head bobbed up behind Abby and Charlotte on the screen.

"Geez, Zoe, you're such a geek." She laughed, "You're going to have to apologise to her when we meet. Somehow, I don't think you want to piss her off."

Debbie smiled at Morgan, whose eyes had returned to normal as she whispered back, "I'm sorry. People always make that assumption and it really vexes me."

In the background, after a few quick discussions, Zoe appeared alone.

"Morgan, they didn't mean to insult you. They're just being stupid after a few too many shots and not enough pizza. Which, by the way Debbie, we arranged to meet here. As you said, you couldn't afford for us to all go out to eat. I'd gotten all these pizzas in and you're eating at the Bistro?"

"Ah, yeah, I did. I'm sorry girls. Look, I'll explain when we see you later. We're getting a few annoyed looks from the staff, and I'll text later to find where you are."

There came a squeal of various farewells, some tauntingly not so pleasant, and the video call cut off.

"We'd best come up with some cover story to tell them, as I can't say you fell out of a magic wardrobe. What else can you do?"

Morgan shrugged as Debbie scolded herself after everything she'd told her about her past.

"Okay, we'll say you're a housemaid for the rich and famous, which will also explain why they've not seen you before and won't tomorrow."

Debbie's heart sank with that realisation of the situation.

Morgan nodded, disinterested in the dilemma, whilst straining to see her phone.

"How do the pictures happen in that flat book?"

"Oh, don't worry, it's not magic, it's a phone." Debbie said in a matter-of-fact way.

'Daft cow, does she even know what a phone is?' She tutted to herself.

"It uses electricity, so we can talk through it. It has a camera and shows images. We were seeing Zoe, Abby, and Charlotte, through their phone's camera in Zoe's kitchen. Look."

She switched it to the screen camera. She slid along the seat, enjoying the ease at which the silk not only moved across the cloth cushion but also her skin. Squeezing next to Morgan, she held the phone up, so they saw themselves looking back and took a photograph.

She pressed the gallery icon and their photograph appeared. Morgan grasped her arm and gave a joyous little squeal.

"I see us again!"

"Yes, and the others, when we called them, could see us too. But it's also a cinema, a computer, a diary and I have books saved there too. Best of all, it gives us access to hundreds of libraries around the world and people over various apps."

Morgan gasped and grabbed her phone, turning it over and over, examining every side from all angles.

"It's not possible."

Debbie saw the waiter hovering nearby and smiled at him.

"Duh, she's not seen the latest Samsung yet. She's only ever had older Apple iPhones."

He nodded, as if understanding her surprise.

"Are you ladies ready to order?"

The look on his face told her they'd better be, as the Bistro was definitely busier now.

"Yes."

Debbie rattled off their choices and once he'd repeated them to confirm, he left.

She watched Morgan try to get the phone to do more, but was getting frustrated by the touch screen misinterpreting the instructions she was giving it and had got into some weird setting.

"No, no, let me show you."

Debbie showed her how to operate it, flicking between her various apps as she explained what they did, along with her folders full of books, photographs, and music.

After a quick search, she found an episode of Harley Quinn to play. Morgan watched, transfixed by the video. She copied the way Debbie held her phone and her eyes widened to the size of dinner plates as the story played out.

"That's you tonight."

Morgan's face flared with excitement, glancing at Debbie with a huge grin.

"No, no superhero, just you, a plain old sexy house maid! But look at all the other female superheroes."

Debbie flicked through a whole range of examples, starting at the more traditional, batwoman, Catwoman, wonder woman and even Helen Parr from the Incredibles. Then some of the sexier modern heroes and anti-heroes.

"I love this."

Morgan looked at Debbie with hunger in her eyes again.

"Strong women are considered as being sexy?"

"Hell yeah."

"And this does not scare men?"

"No, they like it. Tonight, you'll attract loads of admirers."

Debbie laughed, but the look on Morgan's face told her this was not what she wanted to attract.

"Don't worry, some will also be women! Men, though, they're more scared of us than we are of them."