The Lesbian, Witch and the Wardrobe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then two taps knocked on the front door and a head popped around it as it opened. A deep, male voice that rasped with age but not lacking definition came from the shape, silhouetted by the hall lights.

"I think it's now time for me to get involved. I've stayed outside long enough."

Debbie wheeled around, and Zoe glanced to see a small body join the head and enter the apartment. As it walked under the room's lighting, they saw it was a short elderly man in a ragged coat and jeans, wearing old boots. His grey unkempt hair fell over his shoulders and a thick beard hung over his chest.

Zoe gasped, "You! How did you get in?"

He ignored the question and replied, "Nice to meet you again, Zoe."

His eyes bored into Debbie, causing her to flinch back. "Debbie."

He closed the wardrobe doors, standing in front of them to address the pair. "Let me introduce myself properly. I am Merlin. I've come to help clear up this unfortunate mess."

Zoe looked incredulous, whereas Debbie scoffed. "You're just some tramp off the street."

Merlin rolled his eyes, shrugged and flicked his fingers. There was no puff of smoke, only a popping sound, and he'd changed clothes. Now he wore a purple smock with celestial bodies in gold fashioned all over it and a similarly decorated pointed hat, kinked half way up its peak, sat on his head.

"Does this convince you?"

Both Zoe and Debbie's jaws dropped open, gasping in awe as they nodded.

Merlin stepped towards Debbie, talking directly to her.

"Morgan has wronged you and left a presence inside you that is clouding your discussions with young Zoe. If you'll permit me, I can remove it. You'll still have your memories and desires, but it will no longer influence you and you'll be able to make even judgments."

He kneeled down to look level into Debbie's eyes.

"I can assure you, this won't hurt. Do you give me your permission?"

She nodded, glancing at Zoe for reassurance.

"It's okay, Debs, I trust him. I don't know what he did to me, but it helped me no end."

Merlin thanked Zoe, glancing at her as his hat flopped over. He rolled his eyes, frustrated, and threw it to the floor. He held Debbie's head to look deep into her eyes. Zoe could see his lips move but not hear anything.

Debbie's eyes glazed over as her mind went blank. A wave of calmness washed over her as he took her back to the lush green fields of pasture she loved to be in. She ran her hands over the long blades of grass whilst twirling around. Over the horizon, a kind old man walked towards her. As he closed in, she recognised a smiling Merlin.

"How do you feel now, Debbie?"

"At peace and happy."

"Good. I'm all done here. Morgan's presence has gone and you have free will once more. Can you join me back in the room?"

She nodded, and Merlin disappeared, but with the sun behind him, it seared her eyes, causing her to blink. When she re-opened them, she had returned to the room, with Merlin now sitting on a chair in front of the two of them on the sofa. Zoe patted her knee for reassurance and she glanced at her closest friend, who smiled.

Now, Debbie saw her beloved friend as before. The women who, over the years, they'd shared their loves, cares and woe together. Her eyes glistened with that charm, which always endeared her to her company. She yearned to hear her gleeful chuckle that she missed.

Their conversation back in the club bar last night, albeit a year ago, now rang through Debbie's head. Her heart trying to reach out to her friend to mend their rift. She now knew her friend loved her back. Something pinged in her head and she turned to Merlin, who smiled at her as if he fully understood.

"Okay ladies, let's right this wrong. Now, I know your stories, but let me tell you the other side. I imprisoned Morgan here for a complex set of reasons as punishment for various deeds that I don't need to get into here. I didn't realise that somehow she'd retain some consciousness whilst in the void. Which enabled her to have a night's release when dark magic is at its strongest."

He frowned, showing his annoyance with himself.

"I never knew she'd renegotiated her entombment with the goddess. However, we are where we are. Last year, I felt the change of occupancy and came to seek Joan and check on Morgan, which was just before we met Zoe. Morgan tracked me down and we had what we might call a good old-fashioned wizard on witch magic fight."

He coughed, almost embarrassed at his admission.

"Anyway, Morgan came clean. I don't know what happened here to do this, but Debbie left such an imprint on her she actually felt guilty about her actions. Bear in mind, I've known her to murder people in their sleep, and yet she begged me for forgiveness."

His old grey bushy eyebrows rose in disbelief and raised his palms to keep the expected protests at bay.

"I know... She implored me to remove the curse, but I fear that her tampering has changed it. In such a way, I can't just release you from that bondage."

Zoe and Debbie gasped, looking at each other in fright, then back at Merlin, "But you must be able to do something?"

He shrugged.

"I already have done as much as I can. Everything else is down to you, Debbie."

"What can I do?"

"You have to choose... True love's kiss."

She glanced at Zoe. "It's an easy decision!"

"Ahh, but there is a complication..."

The friends looked at each other again, then back at Merlin.

"Morgan?" He called.

The two women glared at the front door as they heard it click and Morgan walked through. She pulled her key out of the lock and pocketed it. Whilst her demeanour was contrite, she wore high end boutique clothes with a Louis Vuitton bag. She wore four-inch heeled boots, with a long tan coloured raincoat and scarf, with coiffured hair.

She gave Merlin a double take, then saw the hat on the floor, rolled her eyes in disbelief.

"Really?"

He shrugged, raising his hands in the air in resignation, "Modern people!"

She looked apologetically at the two women.

"Zoe, Debbie... I don't blame you for hating me. I deserve it, but I seek forgiveness."

"Why? Because you've been caught and Merlin whooped your arse?"

Merlin coughed with embarrassment.

"Er... No, actually Morgan won."

"What? Some bloody magician you are."

"Wizard, if you please."

He scolded back, looking perturbed.

"Never mind who won. I wanted to prove to him I'd changed." Morgan said.

"So she gets off scot free?"

Merlin interrupted, "ladies, understand. We're immortals. Things work differently between us. But she speaks the truth, and you have to listen to her."

Morgan went to the kitchenette table and returned with a chair to sit opposite Debbie.

"I know I was awful to you both."

"And Abby and Charlotte."

"Yes, I did terrible things to all four of you... I'm sorry but a lot is in my being, my history... But as I moved on I was haunted by it and by you, Debbie... You'd gotten deep into my head. I've never experienced such guilt and longing. Merlin has now told me that everything I felt added up to love..."

Zoe swore angrily to receive a glare from Merlin that carried daggers.

"So I found alternative ways to make money."

"By stealing from other poor unfortunates under your spells." Zoe cried out as she wiggled her fingers, mocking Morgan's own.

Merlin shushed her again, but not as angry as before.

"No. I realised that certain criminal elements work in cash, which is very easy to relinquish with their stupid minds. I discovered their boss's bank accounts and redirect that money to mine. There's no risk, as they can't remember what I've erased from their minds."

She grinned smugly.

"After a few more shuffles, I invested the money in your names. It's those dividends and bonuses that transfer to your accounts, and will continue to, with all taxes already deducted, so the tax man won't come calling. I believe I've repaid you all in full and these will continue until you withdraw the investments or sell the shares. I'll forward you the paperwork."

"And you think this repays us for the pain, emotional aggravation, relationships ruined and she's lost a whole year."

Zoe screamed, stabbing her finger at Debbie, who looked drained as the two women she loved argued over her.

The room fell silent, with Morgan and Zoe panting after their passionate pleas for Debbie.

Morgan quietly broke the silence, stating calmly. "Knowing Merlin would return, sensing my release, I waited in London for him and fought for Debbie's freedom. I don't want the pain of my incarceration to fall on anyone else, least of all her."

"But you were the one who conned her into it."

Morgan held her well-manicured fingers and palms up in admittance.

"I did and may she forgive me some day."

She looked directly at Debbie.

"I hope you will allow me the chance to make things up to you."

"But Merlin can't. Because of your tampering with the great magic goddess, Zoe taunted."

Morgan's shoulders dropped, and she shrugged.

"I know that now. But if Debbie chooses me this time, now I know I can give her love's true kiss and she'll be released."

Zoe gasped, "Why should she choose you? You're a monster."

She glanced between Morgan and Debbie, then at Merlin.

"And why do you allow this? You know what she is like. You've history together."

He shrugged. "We have to be constructive here, Zoe. We have an agreement and I will ultimately pay a price for it, but I know she's changed."

"How has she changed, because of a fucking posh hand bag?"

Merlin stood up in anger, but checked himself.

"She beat me and spared my life to prove it, so I know."

"You claimed you're immortal. How can she do that?"

He looked pained, almost afraid.

"There are worse things than death. Imagine being in that wardrobe for eternity, and that is a soft option. She saved me from that and all she wanted in return was this opportunity. You don't know her the way I do. Previously, she'd happily have killed all three of us and would walk away, free from any remorse."

He slowly returned to his seat, looking at Morgan to continue.

This time, Morgan addressed Zoe directly.

"Zoe. I could influence the pair of you into being my bitches for the rest of your lives. You know I could and you've experienced how easily I can achieve that. But I've changed and choose not to as I want Debbie freely, of her own free will. I don't want lifeless toys or absolute obedience. I want to be LOVED. If only Debbie could accept me again?"

A tear streaked down her cheek, and she quickly wiped it away.

Both women looked to Debbie, who'd remained silent throughout. She blinked, looking back between them. After a while, she gained enough courage to answer.

"I... I... I've never had women fight over me, let alone two I love. This is just too much."

She glanced between the two, and then at Merlin, who shrugged, helpless.

Debbie scratched her head, running her hand through her hair and then across her chin, over her face. Her nails headed for her mouth and for the first time in decades, she bit her nails.

Instinctively Zoe whispered, "Don't bite, Debs. It's a nasty habit and your nails are way too nice to spoil."

Her words reminded her of all the years of their relationship, how Zoe had always looked out for those little things of hers. Even now she was looking after her flat. She knew her inside out and had loved her from afar for longer than she dared think about. She looked up at her eyes and her heart pounded, now knowing Zoe wanted more from their friendship.

She heard a sigh and glance back to Morgan, whose expensive rain coat drifted off her knee to explore her gorgeous legs. Showing shapely, top of the range stockings, as she could see the tops hinting at more further up.

"That's cheating, Merlin... I'll drop my jeans if she's going to do that!"

"Morgan, play fair, you promised."

She shrugged and pulled her coat back over to cover her legs.

"A girl's got to try, at least. Debbie, remember our night together. I took you to places you've never gone before. I've seen what's in your head, what you desire, and I can give you all that again and more."

Zoe was about to explode with frustration, but Debbie spoke up.

"I'm sure you could, Morgan. I can't deny it as I am sorely tempted but... It would always be at the back of my mind how you twisted me to your will and whether you would again. You've burned me once... I choose Zoe."

Zoe squealed with joy, jumping up out of the sofa, trying not to throw herself at Debbie. Morgan's face darkened, her eyes burst with green fire and she slowly rose in disgust, throwing her arms up in despair. She returned her chair to the kitchenette, under Merlin's watchful gaze.

Merlin stood up and re-opened the wardrobe to spin his hand whilst uttering under his breath. Mists appeared, and the room hummed as static built up. Morgan moved Merlin's chair back away and stayed as far from the open doors as possible.

Zoe rose gobsmacked as she saw the vortex build. Debbie knew what to do, and she got up to hold Zoe close. They'd never kissed passionately before and, looking into her brown eyes, she couldn't understand why not.

Their hands slipped behind each other's waists as they hugged, squeezing their breasts between their bodies. Zoe looked as nervous as Debbie felt, but she knew deep down this was the right choice. Electricity fired between them as their cool lips met and Debbie closed her eyes.

Their lips opened and tongues greeted each other, cautiously at first, but soon passion took over and they danced a wet slobbery tango together. They each ran their hands up and down each other's backs, massaging the other closer. Their breasts fighting against each other excited Debbie, knowing this was her close friend, who fought for her love to protect her.

Debbie's hands tucked under Zoe's fleece to find bare skin and they redoubled their efforts. Debbie felt her rising passion reciprocated as the heat grew between them. It felt like an age before they separated tongues, pecking wet kisses on each other. They both panted, catching their breath as their noses touching, with them both grinning and looking deep into the other's eyes with lust.

Slowly, they realised Merlin was chanting quietly in the background. They turned to find he was back in his bedraggled street clothes and the vortex span blood red. He pointed at the two women in each other's arms. He kept maintained the chant, smiling at the friends.

Sparks ran through the charged room, and Debbie saw a few strands of Zoe's hair rise. She glanced at Morgan, sat in the kitchenette, who shrugged at her. She looked back to Merlin, who had a grin a mile wide and was now standing like a conductor with his arms out to the orchestra.

"Goddess, can you see, was that not true love's kiss? Release this woman from the curse."

Debbie glanced at Zoe, who was as pleased as she felt hearing those words. The vortex continued to spin as more sparks built up. Merlin turned to the pair, now speaking in the same ancient language that she'd heard Morgan speak before.

A rush of air ran through the room as suddenly the vortex imploded and disappeared. The atmosphere now felt fresh, with the smell of mothballs mixed with perfume gone. A crash of breaking china caused them all to look over to the sink, to see the shelving crashing down, and scattering utensils with all the crockery to the floor.

The wardrobe cracked and splintered, aging before their eyes. Its varnish and paint bubbled up, peeling off. Its monolithic presence was gone, and it now looked like a tired, worn out ancient piece of furniture. The four laughed, looking between themselves, relieved it was over.

"Well, Morgan, you satisfied?" Merlin asked.

She grimaced, nodding, but was clearly not happy about the outcome.

"Not the result I'd hoped for, but I'll accept it."

She gave Merlin a look that suggested there was more to their agreement than they had spoken of.

"Our job is done. Come on, Morgan, let's leave them to it and say our goodbyes to Joan."

Merlin waited as an unhappy Morgan crossed the room, making for Zoe.

"Zoe, the best girl, won. Please forgive me?"

Her face and smile were genuine whilst under Merlin's gaze.

She went to hug her, but Zoe shook her head.

"What about Abby and Charlotte?"

Merlin answered, "We saw them yesterday. They're fine. I also freed their heads from Morgan so they can move on."

"So that's it, she walks?" Zoe asked.

"You won. Debbie has her freedom. I've paid a price and so will Morgan ultimately. This is a first for her, to have loved and lost. Trust me on this, all things told, this is the best deal you'll get."

"But..."

Morgan smiled, calming Zoe. Morgan held her arms and kissed her cheek, then moved onto Debbie. She gave her a polite hug and another peck on her cheek, whilst handing back her door key. She went to wait for Merlin by the entrance.

Merlin shook their hands in turn.

"Ladies, it's been a pleasure. Any problems, ask Joan. Oh, I know it's hard to understand and me saying we're immortal doesn't really answer the questions you have, but you have to believe me when I say it will be okay now."

He slowly followed, allowing Morgan to open the door. As she turned to leave, he pinched her ass before she swept out and they heard her giggle naughtily, as her heels clicked down on the stairs. Merlin smiled over his shoulder to give one last shrug, smiling. "We've history." And he left, pulling the door closed behind him, chuckling.

The two friends hugged and made out on the sofa, but before anything could go any further, they both fell into an exhausted sleep. Pins and needles in her arm woke Debbie for her to see a hint of dawn through the curtains. She shuffled around to see it more clearly, but with her arm trapped limply beneath Zoe, she accidentally woke her.

"Debs, you okay?"

"Uh-huh, I just wanted to see the first dawn of the rest of our lives together."

Before Zoe could sit up, Debbie pulled at her arm. But not wanting to miss her dawn, she mimicking Morgan, flicking her hand in frustration. To her surprise, the curtains peeled apart, despite being several feet out of her reach.

"Did you just do what I think you did?"

Zoe gasped, sitting up.

"It seems the goddess may have given me a little present."

"Ah... Maybe not. I knew you were special that first time we met, but earlier, when Merlin returned from being inside your mind. He grinned from ear to ear, and his eyebrows rose as he gasped, exclaiming 'interesting!'. Maybe he saw something that Morgan didn't."

~~~* FIN *~~~

Dear reader, I hope you enjoyed my story.

If you did, then by all means vote and leave a comment.

I have other stories you can read or follow me to receive notifications of new stories as I publish them.

If found anywhere other than Literotica.com with this note attached, they have posted this story without my permission.

Stay Safe.

Nellymcboatface