All Comments on 'The Light Between the Trees Ch. 01'

by oneagainst

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
seraph_nocturneseraph_nocturne10 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

I promise I didn’t forget you. I was only hoping to make it to at least Chapter 3 before I gave you a bit of insight… but in any case, I’m glad you went ahead and published, because this story DESERVES to be published.

I’ve gotten this far in my beta read before life happened and I got spun around, but I absolutely loved this first Chapter. From the first few paragraphs you grabbed my attention, and I was absolutely hooked. You paint a very vivid, terrifying and disturbing picture of the FMC’s point of view as a hostage, and afterwards a woman struggling to recover, cope and find her place in life. This story thus far is dark, riveting, and has kept me on the edge of my seat… I know some people won’t like it, but those that will are going to absolutely love it.

joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking10 months ago

Well, fuck, this is going to be a disturbing one, isn't it? And I'm going to read every word.

For anyone else following along at home, the APA defines autassassinophilia as "a paraphilia in which sexual arousal and the achievement of orgasm are facilitated by the fantasy or belief that one is in danger of being killed. This may include the individual staging a sexual encounter characterized by extreme masochism with the real potential for his or her own murder." https://dictionary.apa.org/autassassinophilia

I like Chloe's voice. It's probably the most distinctive of any of your stories I've read. It really gives me a sense of her personality: the acerbic tone, the profanity, the casual professional competence, the cat videos.

oneagainstoneagainst10 months agoAuthor

Thank you both for the encouragement and also the definition of autassassinophilia. The original seed for the story came indirectly from JG Ballard's story Crash, and how the protagonists went looking for love. Despite the dark overtones, this is a love story, though a love story between 'monsters'

oneagainstoneagainst10 months agoAuthor

House keeping detail: 17 chapters, releasing at 2 per week. There are also cameos from other characters in the background, for those of you playing along at home to spot, some of which won't make sense until I roll out OCA afterwards. Have fun, stay safe (in that order)!

waynejeffrieswaynejeffries10 months ago

You never fail to disappoint. Well done as always and thank you for sharing your talent.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I think I'm going to hate this story. Or, maybe hate myself for loving it. We'll see.

irvingsmusingsirvingsmusings9 months ago

Holy fuck! Hot-hot-hot! Great work, you're very talented. 5*

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar6 months ago

Not surprisingly, this one got my attention. Superb start. 5*

ChinaSorrowChinaSorrow5 months ago

The buildup, the motivation and above all the language ... this is a tremendous piece of art I bow my head to. And it's hot. As hell. This one will rob me of my sleep tonight.

KinkibootsKinkiboots4 months ago

This is a good start to the story, however I can relate to being at the bottom of a world of chaos with no feeling of higher purpose or grand plan just bumbling along. I am looking forward to more of this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroneagainst@oneagainst
1414 Followers
At last we begin, and from the smallest of things: a mistake. Cassie asked for the free will to make her own choice at the end of Wonderland, but she did something unexpected. Instead of keeping free will for herself, she gave it to her nemesis, Lily. Now Lily is free to wand...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES