The Light Between the Trees Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
oneagainst
oneagainst
1,482 Followers

You might think this is pretty fucked up, that there's no way you'd ever find yourself in my situation, that you're way too headstrong or whatever to have yielded like I did. You know what? If that's your attitude, save it to tell someone else who gives a fuck. I hear there are helplines. Or, better still, leave a message in the customer comments box and I'll get back to you on that.

Why don't we take a look at you instead? How about you ask yourself why you got to the end of this, what was it in all of this that made you want to know how it finished? Did you want me to be saved, to come to my senses? Or did you want me to succumb, did you want to find out if I died, you sick fuck? Were you interested in my happiness, or did you just want to see how far I'd fall?

Am I really the only twisted one here?

I told him that I've been writing everything down. If I get out of this box, if he chooses to free me and save me for another day, I'm going to publish it somewhere for people to read. What he doesn't know is that I've also set it to publish automatically a year from now, after a timer ticks down on a server I set up. Each day I reset it, postponing the inevitable for another twelve months.

There once was a girl who got caught on her knees at the end of the world, with a gun in her mouth. If you're reading this, you know that he showed me mercy and freed me.

Or, if you're reading this, then you know I'm gone.

As planned.

---

[While this is the end of this story, there are questions left unanswered: who are Covalent's employers? Who was the girl in the picture? These will be revealed in Only Consenting Adults.

As Chloe says, please leave your thoughts in the comments box. Maybe she'll get back to you after all, who knows?

Follow me for updates to this and my other stories. If you like what you read, please leave a comment or a star rating. Constructive feedback is always welcome. If you want further adventures, or to check out my other stories, my story page is here]

oneagainst
oneagainst
1,482 Followers
12