All Comments on 'The Living End'

by WilliamEStroupe

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
WilliamTellsOvertureWilliamTellsOverturealmost 14 years ago
Very 'classic' tongue-in-cheek style. I loved it! Heh, heh, heh, heh.

Dear Stroupe:

Joke: Imagine this - Way, way distantly in the background is a very large American city with numerous tall skyscrapers and a large sign which indicates San Francisco City Limits. In the foreground is the Lone Ranger sitting upright and tall in the saddle while he observes his sidekick, who's holding the reigns of his own horse, stooped to the ground while his ear makes contact with the dry dusty earth. Dialogue: Lone Ranger: "Well Tonto?..." Tonto: "Many proctologist Kemosabe... many proctologist!"

Hey... I learned a new word: Denotation... and as long as I've been reading the dictionary (should I include this as a fetish?), I've never come accross this word before. Further investigation informed me that it has five varying applicatons in its' use and is always applied as a noun. Interesting! (Nouns can be sexy. Oh my god... is that another fetish?) Well done script dear author! This is the first of your submission I've read and found very witty and entertaining. I'll have to take a look at your other postings. Well... here's looking at you... errr... behind you? Oh hell, I'm quitting while I still have... ah... my Webster! Is 'confusion' a fetish? It's a damn Fucking & Wagnall's!!! "Sheeeesh!"

WilliamEStroupeWilliamEStroupealmost 14 years agoAuthor
Love Your Humor, WilliamTellsOverture

Your wit in commmenting on "The Living End" was as sharp as, or sharper, than the essay itself. Loved your remark about Tonto putting his ear to the ground. Very clever! Care to post your own comments on that wonderful inverted valentine? I'd enjoy reading your opinions.

This is my first post at this site, although I've posted two essays and a very weird short story elsewhere. The essays are "Why We Crave Dominant Women" and "Lullabies for the Male Masochist." The short piece is a supernatural yarn entitled "Thanatos in Drag" - on the premise that Death really has no gender or can assume either gender to "seduce" mortals to the Other Side.

Thanks again for your scintillating repartee. I mean that.

William E. Stroupe

WilliamTellsOvertureWilliamTellsOverturealmost 14 years ago
"Ahhh... the 'wonderful inverted valentine'."

My Dear Stroupe: Very observent of you! I once knew a fellow naval officer whose ability of awareness was such, that I imagined him spotting some lagan in the sea while in the same instant computed the exact number of seagulls 50 feet directly upward expelling waste, from those birds that didn't. Now regarding any comment you've invited me to add concerning the ' wonderful inverted valentine', I must point out it has been right under our noses all along. Did I not mention that the Lone Ranger sat "straight and tall"? That little gag is 'layered' with much double-meaming under the surface, as you've somewhat observed, and I'm indeed delighted that you've taken some time to care and post a rejoinder, including (I was almost overwhelmed!!) accolade. Thank you!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous