The Long Game

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We arrived in a limousine [ I wanted to make it special for Phil and Cam] a uniformed doorman opened the car doors for us and then the restaurant door. As we entered we were approached by the head waiter and shown to our seats. There was a solitary pianist playing soft music, Cam and Phil looked exited at the prospect of this night out. We ordered a light starter of melon and Palma Ham cut so thin you could see through it. Followed by our individual choice of the main meal with a fruit salad to finish all washed down with both a full bodied red and a white desert wine. As we were finishing our wine and looking forward to sampling the dance floor. I looked around the restaurant and spotted Jen and her ass wipe husband Carl sitting on the other side of the restaurant with another couple and pointed them out to everyone. Ami said she had to use the powder room and got up to leave followed by Cam. [They always go in pairs, why?] Of course, to get to the powder room they had to pass Jen and party. I saw Ami stop and say hello to Jen and point to Phil and I Jen looked like she had seen a ghost and put her hand over her mouth. Ami then said something else that made Cam laugh and walk away, Jen stood and ran out of the restaurant followed by Carl.

When the ladies returned I aske what Ami had said to provoke that response. Cam explained that after saying hello Jen had asked her who she was with, and Amai said.

''I'm with another millionaire siting over there.'' And pointed at me, she then said. ''I must thank you for ditching your husband we were made for each other. I just don't see what you see in this stuffed monkey, you definitely traded down.'' And then walked away.

We spent the rest of the evening dancing and laughing about Ami's run in with her sister. Cam and Phil had to work so Ami and I did tourist type things and went sightseeing. We even spent a day at a gun ranch shooting all types of weapons. I was surprised Ami turned out to be a very good shot much better than me. In the evening we went out to dinner and danced a lot. We went to dinner at Phil and Cam's house the day before the trial was to begin and I must say a home cooked meal beats a meal out hands down. After dinner Phil cave us the news that his son was going to marry his fiancée in the spring, and we all toasted their nuptials.

We had a meeting with the ADA before the trial began and he told us it was a slam dunk. They had caught the leader of the trio due to my having given them his DNA. It turns out he has quite a record for violence, and this will be his third strike, so he was willing to roll over on his two buddies who were also in custody. Their trial would be conducted after his with his testimony they were going away for some time. He also said that the one I had hit in the throat was still croaking like a frog as I had damaged his voice box. But the down side was that none of the three were willing to implicate Carl Prescott. The ADA thinks that Prescott has paid them off to keep quiet and nobody wants to piss off his father the congressman by accusing his son of conspiracy to commit murder.

We stayed for all three trials, and I was satisfied with the outcome. The leader got a fifteen-year reduced sentence for ratting out his two buddies. The one I hit in the throat only got two years as he didn't actually take part in the assault and the other one got five years as it was his first offence.

Phil and Cam gave us a lift to the airport and as we parted company I gave Phil an envelope and told him not to open it until we had taken off. Inside were the deeds to my old house for his son's wedding present I had made them out to his son only as I knew how fragile wedding vows were.

When we got home and unpacked I went into my office and made a call to my sister inviting them out for dinner Friday evening without telling Ami. Friday came round and I told Ami we were going out to dinner with Pati and her boyfriend. Ami was delighted and that evening we were all collected by limo and taken to a very select restaurant that I had booked three weeks in advance. As we were sipping our wine after a very satisfying meal. A man dressed as a gypsy with a violin came and stood by our table playing a gypsy love song. The whole restaurant was watching as I got down on one knee and preposed to Ami. The look on her face was priceless as she said yes through tears of joy and the loud applause of the entire restaurant. Pati came round the table and hugged Ami and said. ''Welcome to the family.'' We danced the rest of the night away before being collected by the limo and taken home.

The wedding was set for the early spring and invitations were sent out, I wisely stayed out of the preparations and let Ami and Pati take the lead. We would be married at a local church, and I paid all the out-of-town guests expenses hiring an entire floor of the Hilton for their three day stay. The wedding was a sumptuous affair, and everybody enjoyed themselves. Phil and Cam said they hadn't had so much fun in years and invited us to their son's wedding in two months' time.

Ami and I went on a two-week cruise around the Caribbean and what with the nightly dancing and daily outings. We returned exhausted and needed another holiday. I had set up a trouble shooting team to manage any problems that might arise with my new program and hardware, so I had very little to do.

So, I set about planning the next stage of my revenge I was playing the long game, so I was in no rush.

Nine months after our return our son James was born followed a year later by his sister Sarah. We had moved into a larger house but still within the secure community. I was very rich by this time and became almost a celebrity attending various charity events where I gave generously. Ami and I were even seen in some of the society magazines and listed as the perfect couple.

As time passed I never gave up on my revenge what they had done and tried to do to me still hurt. It was now nearly nine years since my ex-wife left me to trade up and time for faze one. Over the past five years I have had a PI company gathering information on both Jen and Carl and anyone they seemed close to especially her ex-boss Troy Simmons. I particularly wanted a DNA profile of Troy as I suspected he was the father of Jen's twins.

The investigators turned up some juicy facts. 1 the twins belonged to Troy as I had suspected. 2 Jen was still seeing troy for sex on the side and two other men. 3 Carl was fucking his PA and a variety of hookers when he was away.

I put the first part of my plan in motion. I sent Carl a copy of the twins and Troy's DNA with a note You're sterile Mark's DNA doesn't match Troy Simmons does, do the math. From this information it was clear the twins were not mine, so Jen had to be fucking Troy while she was fucking Carl. In other words, she was cheating me and Carl at the same time. I also sent Carl a copy of her existing affairs just to sweeten the pot. I then sat back and waited for the smelly stuff to hit the revolving air circulator.

Phil phoned me about two months later telling me Carl had booted Jen out and used their pre-nup to keep the children as he had adopted them. She left with nothing, and no one knew where she had gone. Ami phoned her parents to see if they knew anything. Her dad said he had wired her a couple of grand and told her not to contact him again. Faze one complete she now knew how it felt to be betrayed and lose her children. She must still have had her laptop as her email was still active. I thought I would stir the pot, so I emailed her the PI's report about Carl and some pictures of him with his sluts and hookers. That should cause some waves in the divorce.

A few days later Ami and I were siting watching an old movie when the intercom from the security gate buzzed. The guard on duty asked if a Mrs Prescott could come to our house, I asked him to wait a minute so that I could ask Ami. She looked as bemused as I felt but said. ''Lets hear what she's got to say.'' So, I told the guard to let her in. A few minutes later there was a knock at the door. Ami opened the door and there stood what I can only describe as a total wreck. Her hair looked as if it hadn't seen a brush in days, she wore no makeup and her clothes looked like they had been slept in. Ami invited her in and as she walked in I noticed she couldn't look at me directly. Ami offered her coffee and she seemed grateful for the offer and accepted. Jen came and sat down opposite me but still wouldn't look at me, so I opened the conversation. I was still mad as hell at her but part of me felt sorry for the broken wreck in front of me. A broken wreck I had helped to create making me feel a little guilty until I remembered what she had done to me.

''You look like shit tied up with string what the hell happened to you?''

That did it she broke down completely sobbing and we couldn't get a word out of her for the next ten minutes, then she started and through tears explained.

''He somehow found out the twins weren't yours and that I was seeing Troy the whole time I was seeing him. It wasn't hard for him to work out, and then he found out I was still seeing Troy after we were married. He went ballistic and threw my out in just what I was wearing. I still had my car keys and my laptop in my car and a couple of thousand in my account so I checked into a motel, but nobody would talk to me after what I did to you. I had no friends and my family disowned me. I tried calling his father Barry who told me he now had his heir to the family fortune, so he didn't need me anymore. I called my dad who finally agreed to talk to me, and he wired me a couple of thousand and told me not to call again. I had nowhere to go so I spent the last of my money getting here hoping Ami would take pity on me. I know you wouldn't piss on me if I was on fire and didn't expect any help from you. If it means anything at all I really am sorry for what I did I was selfish and cruel and I deserve my fate, but I miss my children and want them back. I was a shit wife, but I really was a good mother.''

She stopped her carefully rehearsed speech and looked at us like a kicked puppy. Even though I knew she had rehearsed her speech what she said was basically true and despite myself I felt sorry for her. Also, I hated Carl as he had been the orchestrator of my misery and his time was fast approaching, I also owed him a beating but that could wait.

Ami asked Jen if she was hungry, and she said she hadn't eaten in two days. Ami made her some bacon, eggs and hash browns followed by pancakes and syrup. She wolfed them down as fast as she could and asked for more coffee which Ami provided. Ami then showed her to the guest bedroom so that she could shower. While she was showering Ami found some clothes that would fit her and left them on the bed. While Jan was showering and getting dressed Ami and I discussed what to do with our uninvited guest. Ami said as much as she disliked her Jen she was still her sister and felt obliged to help. I agreed up to a point and only because it would piss off Carl to see Jen bounce back.

We agreed to put Jen in the guest bedroom until we could make other arrangements and tomorrow Ami would take Jen out clothes shopping at Walmart. Jen came back down stairs looking much refreshed, we gave her the good news about her situation, and she started crying again. Shortly afterwards we all went to bed. Ami and I sat and talked into the early hours and made some decisions that we hoped would help untangle this mess.

I was used to getting up early and going to the gym and pool for an hour, but Jen had beaten me to it and had coffee on and buttered toast waiting. Ami was already sat at the table eating so I joined her, and Jen sat down with us.

''Mark I really didn't expect this sort of welcome I'm so grateful I don't know what to say.''

''Jen what you did was unforgiveable as you now realise having had your family ripped from you. I think you finally realise how much you hurt me but thanks to Ami and the love we share I think I can finally forgive you. I'll never forget what you did but I won't dwell on it any longer and I don't want you to apologise anymore, this chapter is closed and a new one has opened. I want you to go shopping with Ami this morning while I try to find you somewhere to live. It's only Walmart today for your essentials but later we can find you more suitable clothes. Well, I'm off to the gym now see you later.''

When I got home the girls were gone and the kids were at school, so I started looking for accommodation for Jen. On the off chance I called the housing officer for our secure community, and he said he had a one bed starter home available to rent just two streets away. I went to see it and was surprised to find it fully furnished and ready to move into. The owner was an army officer who had been sent on a three-year posting to Europe and wanted to rent out his house. After giving it a good look over I paid the rent for a year plus the deposit against damage.

When the girls got home with enough clothes to satisfy Oxfam I gave them the good news. Ami just smiled at me and blew a kiss Jen hugged me and between tears thanked me, then she looked at me and said.

''I don't know what on earth I was thinking when I fucked up our marriage I must have been hit by the Martian slut ray. I should never have let you go; Ami, please look after him you will never find a better man I know I won't.''

Then she ran upstairs to hide her tears while we were alone I told Ami my plans to help Jen and ruin Carl and his dad. The next day was spent shopping for necessities for Jen's new home, we filled up Ami's van and had the rest delivered. I really wasn't sure there was enough room in the house for all the things we bought but the girls found a home for everything it was a bit like Hermione's handbag from Harry Potter. To make Jen feel independent We decided to financially support her. We gave her $10k to put into her check account and a credit card with a thousand-dollar limit per month. More tears and hugs all round. That night in bed Ami said she was proud of me for not kicking Jen when she was down and being so understanding. I just hoped Jen had learned her lesson and would treat her next man better.

The next day we all went over to Jen's house to help her settle in. Jen insisted she do all the house work herself and set about cleaning from top to bottom, not that it needed it. She then insisted we all come over to dinner tonight as she wanted to cook us something special. We left the kids with a sitter and walked the ten minutes to her place. She sat us down and placed a sumptuous meal in front of us Top side of beef, baked potatoes, and assorted vegetables including one of my favourites. Fine beans with carrot fingers and parsnips covered with garlic butter and drizzled with honey wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven for twenty-five minutes. Desert was a cooking apple cored and stuffed with raison's and baked in the oven until soft then served with ice cream on top. We left stuffed to the gills.

The next few weeks involved Jen settling in, Ami and I decided we would help Jen with her divorce, so I made an appointment with an attorney recommended by Paty. I arrived on time, and he introduced himself as Brian Scott. I explained what Jen's problem was and although he wasn't impressed with the way she had treated me he agreed to take the case. We weren't worried about the financial side of things [I would sort that out] our main concern was getting the children back. I said I had an idea and explained that I had given Carl permission to adopt the children. When Brian said he thought that would be a major stumbling block I asked what if the children weren't mine in the first place. I explained I had been offered $2m for the children but had refused and had given him permission to adopt for no financial gain. But asked for $10m as a settlement for alienation of affection against both Carl and XYZ advertising. They had agreed to this to keep XYZ's name out of the divorce proceedings, and I had signed a non-disclosure agreement. If I breached the agreement I would have to repay the settlement. Brian asked me if I could prove the children were not mine and I gave him the DNA reports showing the sperm doner was in fact Troy Simmons.

So, the adoption was not legal, and Carl had no claim on the children and Jen could get them back. [ I wasn't doing this solely for Jen, it would hurt Carl and his father, but I had no wish to hurt the children. I was under no illusion that the children were loved they just wanted someone with their name to carry on the business] Brian said to leave it with him, and he would get back to me. That night I told Amy what I had done, and she was in full agreement, so we asked Jen to come over. When Jen walked in she looked a bit apprehensive until I explained what I was doing. She threw her arms round me and thanked me enthusiastically. Then she realised what she had done and backed away with her hand over her mouth tearing up and apologising. We both said at the same time don't worry about it and left it at that.

Several days later Brian contacted me and asked me to come to his office and to bring Jen as he would be representing her and not me. We all three went to see him and he laid out his plan.

1 He would put forward a motion for the annulment of the adoption.

2 He would contact the DA's office to inform him that both Carl Prescott and his father Barry Prescott had tried to purchase two children in breach of the anti-slavery act of 1865 thus breaking the law.

3 In pursuance of the above offence they had pressured Mr Mark Adams into allowing them to adopt the two children in question. The subsequent adoption is in fact null and void as the two children were not fathered by Mr Adams he could not give such an undertaking. The attached DNA certificates will attest to this fact.

4 Mrs Prescott therefor request's the immediate return of her children currently held at 218 ###### against her will.

5 He would initiate proceedings for Mrs Prescott against Mr Troy Simmons for sexual harassment in that he pressured the then Mrs Adams into an affair in order to keep her job.

6 He would then initiate Proceedings for Mrs Prescott against Mr Carl Prescott in that he pressured Mrs then Adams into a sexual relationship and finally to leave her husband Mr Mark Adams thus destroying her marriage.

7 He would commence proceedings for Mrs Prescott against XYZ advertising for allowing the sexual harassment and even encouraging the affair. As the CEO Mr Carl Prescott and the COB Mr [Congressman] Barry Prescott were aware of and in fact encouraged said affair and the destruction of her marriage.

8 He would commence proceedings for Mr Mark Adams against Mr Troy Simmons for alienation of affection contributing to the destruction of his marriage to Mrs Jenifer Adams.

9 He would commence proceedings against Mr Carl Prescott for alienation of affection for ultimately causing the destruction of his marriage.

10 He would commence proceedings for Mr Adams against XYZ Advertising for failing to implement their own morality clause in their employees contract's. Knowing Mr Simmons was having an affair with Mrs Adams and failing to take action against them.

11 He would commence proceedings for Mr Adams against XYZ Advertising for failing to implement their own morality clause in their employees contract and in fact encouraged the affair between Mr Carl Prescott and Mrs Adams therefor ensuring the destruction of Mr and Mrs Adams marriage.

12 Mr Mark Adams acknowledges the fact that he signed a non-disclosure contract for the sum of $10m. And if he failed to honour his commitment he would have to repay said sum. Mr Adams is prepared to honour his commitment and repay the sum of $10m as per the contract.