The Lost Girls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the war started, I was betrothed to Guy Hamlin and it was a good match. My feelings for my own gender were kept secret by me, although I believe my mother suspected. I liked Guy a lot, he was handsome, well-spoken, mannerly, and treated me like a princess. Before he left to fight in the war, we married. I got pregnant on my wedding night and had a baby girl, I named Susan Elinor or Suellen.

I never saw my husband again, he died from Typhoid Fever six months later. He was a good man, and I was genuinely sorry for his passing. My father sent me and my child to Savannah where he had relatives. My aunt was all alone as my uncle and two cousins were off to war.

We could afford to live well but the war that everyone thought would end in six months with a Yankee rout, dragged on. My poor aunt died in 1864 from, I believe a broken heart. Her husband and son had been killed at Gettysburg during Pickett's Charge and she never recovered from that incredibly sad news.

I had to find my way back to the plantation with a couple of slaves, but they took off as soon as we were out of Savannah. The journey was fraught with danger, the Yankee's were rampaging through the south, burning, and pillaging. Halfway home my daughter developed a high fever and died. I was penniless and all alone. I cried with profound sorrow.

When I reached the lane that led to the House, I looked and saw that it still stood but everything and anything of value was gone, stripped bare. My father and mother were nowhere to be found until I saw their graves in the family cemetery.

I decided to make the best of my sad situation and took up residence. Food was extremely scarce and livestock just a memory. Our neighbors the next plantation over, were homeless and lived in a cattle shed because their home had been razed to the ground by the Yankee's. I insisted that they come reside with me. They shared with me what little they had, and I never forgot their generosity.

By the end of the war in April of 1865, only one off my three brothers survived and he was not in his right mind. One day he wandered off and was never seen again. My uncle survived and one of my cousins, but they insisted on moving to Charleston for a fresh start. They begged me to come with them, but I refused, the plantation was my home. The others lost their lives at various battles. The last during the Siege of Richmond, probably from starvation and sickness. Except for the Jewell's, I was alone.

One night I was sitting on the dilapidated front porch when a stranger appeared out of nowhere. It was past midnight, and it was too hot to sleep in the house. He was nattily dressed like a Confederate Colonel which seemed odd as anyone we saw from the Confederate Army was usually in rags. I offered him a seat to rest his bones and went to fetch him some water from the well. I returned and he had a strange air about him. He accepted the water but did not drink one drop. I asked him what regiment he'd been attached to and some of battles he fought in.

"I'm not a fighting man, ma'am." He spoke in a rich baritone.

I took the lantern at my feet, held it up to his face and gasped. He was incredibly handsome with glittering eyes, aquiline nose, and teeth so sharp looking that I was instantly afraid.

"Don't be frightened, ma'am. I won't hurt you. Tell me about yourself, to pass the time."

He was so kind that I literally broke down telling him my life story, all the trials and tribulations. Afterwards I wept bitter tears. My guest took me in his arms and held me very tenderly. It was close to dawn because I could just make out pink in the eastern sky. He told me how he could change my miserable existence forever. I listened but had a hard time believing him.

"I'll return tomorrow night and you can make your decision..."

He vanished in an instant and I spent most of the day doubting my senses. But it was past midnight, and I was seated on the porch in the same spot when he suddenly reappeared. He looked so dashing in his uniform, much like every officer who left to fight at the beginning of the war.

Because day to day living was so incredibly difficult my decision was an easy one. I have been as you see me, ever since that night.

My neighbors who I'd taken in, the Jewell's, were heartbroken when I disappeared. I was duty bound to help them and would spend hours each night searching for food which I left on their doorstep before sunrise. My maker was surprised by my generosity and devotion to helping them. The human characteristics I embodied as a mortal remained intact. They never knew their anonymous benefactor and shared with others what little I brought them. Such is the way of the South.

Then the Carpetbaggers came, and the taxes were due. I'm not ashamed to say that I sent a few of them to their hellish reward. They were evil, buying properties for the back taxes, then selling for a quick profit. Anything of value was sent North and huge fortunes were made from the South's misery.

The Jewell's had no money and no means to pay the back taxes. One sultry night, I found a fat carpetbagger on the road to Charleston and dispatched him. He had gold currency, five- and ten-dollar coins, and lots of them. I took all of it and left it on the doorstep with any food he had. They were shocked and Mrs. Jewell swore it was me.

Since they didn't own my plantation, they bought it for the back taxes, and it became their permanent home. The plantation they owned before the war was saved by paying the back taxes and they rented out the land for farm use. They worked very hard to restore the surviving house, planted cotton and bought livestock but it never returned to its pre-war grandeur.

My maker wanted to travel north but I preferred to remain near the plantation. A kindly soul of a vampire, he wished me well and we embraced. A vampire's existence can be a lonely one and I was no exception. Why I kept an eye on the Jewell's and the plantation, I can't honestly say but all my roots, my history was there.

Fifteen years had passed, the blink of an eye to the undead, when I decided to move on. The Jewell's were prospering and had little need for me to be nearby. I wanted to say my goodbye's, but I didn't want to frighten them with my appearance. One swelteringly hot humid night, Mrs. Jewell was on the side veranda fanning herself. It was well past midnight.

"Amelia..." I spoke quietly.

"Who's there? Show yourself."

I stepped into the light of a candle, and I heard her gasp.

"Louisa? Is that you?"

"Yes..."

"My god, you haven't aged a day. How is that possible?"

"It's a very long story..."

"It was you...you left the food...the money to buy the plantation...it was you!" she spoke excitedly.

"Yes...it was me." I said humbly.

Amelia started to cry, then openly weep.

"How will I ever be able to repay you...or thank you enough for what you did. But this house rightfully belongs to you..."

"No...it is yours now...I have no claim...please understand that I don't walk among the living...the darkness owns me now..."

Amelia gasped out loud.

"You're one of them, aren't you? The night creatures...that feed on the living...but you don't seem to be anything like them..."

"I'm not...I still possess many of my mortal characteristics..."

Amelia was weeping again.

"I must go now..."

"I'll pray for you Louisa...I'll pray that God is a just God because you have done more for us than any living person...we owe you everything..."

We embraced for a long time.

"Goodbye my dear friend." I said with a heavy heart and vanished.

"Before I traveled south to Savannah, in my family graveyard, the Jewell's erected a headstone with my name on it, the date of my birth but the other date was left blank. It filled me with pride that they honored me in that way. It's been a long journey and there are times when I wish that I never accepted the offer by my maker."

Ingrid was astonished by Louisa's tale and hugged her companion.

Ingrid thrived with Louisa, but it would not remain so as Louisa expressed a desire to return to South Carolina.

"It's been ages and I may decide to stay...you're welcome to come with me, but I believe you're a Yankee vampire..."

Louisa was right. Ingrid had no yearning to leave her northern roots and they parted ways as the best of vampire friends.

The loneliness returned until the three teens appeared on her doorstep but in the wake of the continuing struggles, it was a bad idea converting them. The mood and atmosphere, at times, so tense, filled with hatred and vitriol. While uneasy truces popped up, they were few and far between, but she had no intention of releasing them.

THE DOG:

One burning desire Chloe had that carried over from her mortal life was to have a dog as a pet. Every Christmas she'd ask for one, but dogs hate vampires. Their incessant, heated barking, snapping, and snarling with teeth bared. Simply out of the question, Najae would tell a disappointed Chloe.

Before her conversion, Chloe had a female cock a poo that she adored and loved with all her heart. It was another part of her undead existence that she disliked and made her loathe Ingrid even more.

Soon after her conversion, Chloe would deliberately walk through her backyard at night because she knew her dog Muffy was usually there. The dog would have a conniption fit because Chloe no longer smelled like the human who loved her but one of the undead.

"Muffy, it's me girl...don't be upset..."

But it was useless. The dog would bark like crazy. A light or two would go on in the house to investigate all the commotion but Chloe would vanish lest she see one or both parents. That would put her in a glum mood for days and she'd take her sad feelings out on Ingrid.

"You are despicable! How can you justify what you did to us! Were you really a schoolteacher? I doubt it because the ones I knew were caring and had their students' best interests at heart. The only interests you had were selfish ones..."

Ingrid would fume after Chloe's verbal assaults and threaten her with harm which caused a backlash. Najae and Emily always came to Chloe's defense but secretly they were plotting to rid themselves of Ingrid's influence. They were slowly coming to the realization that unfortunately for Ingrid, it could very well mean her demise.

Eventually, Chloe stopped trying to visit her former pet. It made no sense to upset the animal. Late at night she'd visit a pet shop on Egypt Road with a picture window filled on the inside with puppies of different breeds. Given the late hour, they'd be asleep and if one woke, it couldn't smell her and would look at her curiously.

"Hello puppy..." she'd say in her gentlest voice.

The affection Chloe had for the little furry balls was difficult for Najae or Emily to watch. It was plain to see that their dear friend was suffering, and it upset them terribly.

"Hi...wanna be my friend?"

She'd lightly tap on the windowpane to get their attention.

"Your cute...what's your name?"

"Come on Chloe...you're just torturing yerself."

"Ingrid took a lot away from me, but she can't dictate what I do or think or say. Would you deny me this one small pleasure? Every time I come here; it gives me some satisfaction to know that most of my feelings and emotions are still human. When I see these sweet little pups, I want to cry. I know I can't have one, but I'll never stop wanting one..."

On many an occasion either Emily or Najae would tenderly hold their friend as she gazed with absolute longing at the puppies. It was downright heartbreaking, and they'd go home in a very somber mood. Woe to Ingrid if she tried to engage them in conversation.

Late, one very warm July night as the three teen vampires were walking home, they heard a terrible commotion, a dog fight. Chloe took off with unnatural speed in the direction of the sound. In a side yard, several streets over, a pit bull had attacked a dog half its size. It had the poor thing by the throat and was shaking it.

Chloe grabbed the pit bull. The surprised dog dropped its victim, she snapped its neck with ease, and let it drop to the ground. Instinctively she bent over to pick up the other dog and realized that it was dead. She cradled the lifeless canine in her arms and walked away.

"Poor doggie...poor little doggie." she said, tenderly stroking its furry side.

It was heart rending to watch and hear.

"Poor thing never had a chance..." she said despondently, caressing and petting the flank with tender care.

All Emily and Najae could do was walk with their sorrowful friend. Emily put her hand softly on Chloe's shoulder.

"What are you going to do with it?" she asked quietly.

"I'm gonna bury it in the backyard..."

Chloe held a little ceremony for the deceased pooch.

"I think it's appropriate to say a word or two...I hope you are in doggie heaven. That's my one sincere wish..."

The three teen vampires held each other and gazed for a long time at the small grave.

THE POOL:

Chloe was a very talented swimmer in high school, and it was the one sport that she excelled at. A member of the girl's team, she set several records that lasted for years, and her coaches often commented that she swam with exceptional power and grace.

Even after Chloe left her mortal life behind, she still had a deep desire to go swimming in the summer months. There were many public and private swim clubs in the area, and she would stealthily enter one after midnight. While neither Najae nor Emily was interested, occasionally they'd accompany their friend, to make sure she didn't get into any unwanted trouble.

One evening some teens had snuck in and didn't see her until they heard noise in the water.

"Hello...who are you?" a very handsome young man asked her.

"Chloe..."

"Hey, I'm Nick...mind if we join you?"

"Not at all, the more the merrier..."

Even in the dim light, Nick was charmed by Chloe's beauty.

"What a babe and that body..." Nick said quietly to his friend Josh.

There was some horseplay, but Nick hung close to Chloe who was swimming laps. When she stopped, she smiled at him and hoped the darkness would hide her teeth.

"You go to school around here?" he asked.

"No, I graduated in 19...oh...I mean last year but upstate near Scranton. What about you?" She fibbed.

"I just finished my freshman year at West Chester University."

They talked about mundane things and Chloe was keenly aware of his attraction to her.

"I play football...wide receiver."

He was trying to impress her, and he was succeeding.

With her enhanced vision, she could see that he had a ripped muscular body; he was her type. When Chloe sat on the edge, feet dangling in the water, he was next to her, and he smelled appetizing. She gave him her best come hither look and he leaned in for a kiss, but she pulled away.

"Why Nick, we just met."

She was playing hard to get.

"Oh, sorry but you're very beautiful..." he gushed.

"Thank you."

Chloe adored the romantic aspects of courting and took his in hand in hers.

"Swim with me..." she said, and they swam side by side.

When they stopped for a break, his friends were leaving.

'Hey Nick...we're outta here, man! You gonna be, ok?" his friend Josh said snidely.

While Nick was neither a ladies' man nor the love em and leave em type, he wasn't a virgin, but his sexual experiences were limited. He waved his friend away because he was hoping to get lucky with the blonde vixen.

"Wanna skinny dip?" Nick asked optimistically.

"Sure..."

When Chloe shed her Speedo, Nick gasped. Despite the dim light, the sight of her magnificent body sent thrills down his spine. Her proportions were perfect, the likes he had never seen before with big breasts that defied gravity. Truly awe inspiring!

They swam and horse played with some innocent touches, but Chloe was feeling hunger pangs and Nick would satisfy her need.

They were sitting on the side of the pool, feet in the water when she leaned in for a kiss. They made out for a while when Chloe dragged her lips to his neck and felt him shiver. The throbbing pipe filled with the nectar that she needed was ripe for biting. With consummate delicacy she ran her tongue seductively over the tender flesh.

Unable to control herself, she sank her fangs into his neck before entrancing him. The sudden intrusion startled the young hunk and he gasped from the pain.

"What are you doing?" his voice panicky.

Before she sealed her lips over the wound,

"I need some of your blood...I won't harm you..."

"Oh my god, yer a...vam...pire!" he yelped and tried to free himself but to no avail.

As Chloe sucked, thin jets of fluid landed on her tongue which she swallowed appreciatively. Nick's panic quickly changed to euphoria as Chloe drank his blood.

"Oh...oh...oh...oh..."

Nick was lost in the most intense high of his life. The girl he'd just met had her mouth clamped over his throat.

"Drink it all...take every drop!" he gasped, lost in a delirium of pleasure.

Incredible sensations radiated throughout his entire body from the tips of his toes to the hair on his head. Every cell alive and throbbing.

Chloe sensed the need to slow down and extracted a few more gulps before she stopped.

Nick gripped the sides of the pool with white knuckle intensity, holding on for dear life. She was drinking his blood

Chloe watched as Nick collapsed back to the pool deck, unconscious. After she extracted the few remaining drops of blood, she stood and pulled her Speedo back on.

"Thanks, Nick." She whispered to the inert figure.

A goofy smile was plastered on the hunk's face as Chloe prepared to leave. What was originally supposed to be a quiet swim had turned into an adventure. After she blew him an air kiss, she vanished.

When Nick woke up, he was alone. The only sounds were from the insects and frogs that disturbed the night air. He hastily put his suit on and went to the men's locker room for a much-needed piss. He checked his throat in the mirror but there were no wounds. He distinctly remembered her sucking his blood and had no idea that her saliva sealed and healed. After he shook his head in disbelief, he realized that he had no ride home and it was a long walk.

"Ah shit!" he groaned in frustration.

When Chloe arrived back home, Najae was working on the computer with one of the internet businesses.

"Hey, how was the swim...you were gone a long time..."

"It was fun..."

"Someone showed up, didn't they?"

"Yeah...football player...hard muscles and hard...ya know what I mean..." she answered dreamily.

But then she got a concerned look on her face.

"What's wrong, did something happen?"

"Well...I bit him before I hypnotized him. I kind of lost control but...he smelled so darn good; he wasn't a virgin, but his blood was rich..."

"Did you hurt him..."

"No... I would never intentionally harm a human..."

"Don't beat yourself up, girl. Your entitled..."

Najae gave her friend a reassuring hug.

"I was hungry and I think that's why I found him irresistible...but I would really like to date a guy and have a relationship...I guess that's a pipe dream..."

Najae looked at Chloe with love, the love for a dear friend.

"Chloe, as a mortal, you were one of the sweetest, nicest, and most loving people that I knew and you're exactly same as a vampire. I'm proud to call you, my friend."

Chloe rested her head on Najae's shoulder.

"Do you remember that first day of first grade on the school bus? No one wanted to share their seat with me because I was a girl of mixed race. Without a second thought, you told me to sit with you and started talking to me as if we were best friends. I never forgot that. It showed me the kind of person you really were and still are."

Chloe looked embarrassed.