All Comments on 'The Love Shack Pt. 02'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
@26thNC

You asked? How bout dis? Great story from Q. Finishes the story he started earlier with a boom! Five stars, of course. Oh, 26th, Bill and Kate got a nice one, too. Randi.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
Another excellent story...

from one of the greats of Literotica.

I look forward to reading whatever you grace us with.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you

You are a very awesome writer.

Thank you very much for completing your story

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

A nice wrap up to the first chapter. Thanks for finishing the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
vintage

I wondered for a while if you may have lost a little focus,but this is classic q.

TheUnoriginalistTheUnoriginalistover 4 years ago
Hm

First third of this was exceptional, when the wife still seemed like a real person with complex issues and human responses. The plot was basically over after the divorce started, though, so that might have contributed to the change. Anyway the rest was fine.

Having spent most of my life in South Dakota and Nebraska before moving out to the west coast, it always makes me laugh at how LW portrays the differences between these places. All of the swingers and most of the cheaters I’ve ever known were pious midwesterners. Bored people, I suppose, with no good way to alleviate that boredom and living in a culture that adores hard drinking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
3 stars

I like your style of writing, however I did not like the content of this one.

SorchakSorchakover 4 years ago
A good end to the story.

My only complaint is your bad habit of mixing up character names, which you seem to do at least once every chapter. This time, Grunt/Jim was talking *to* Hester *about* Charlotte (I wish we could use Italics in these comments), and instead of Charlotte, you called her Hester. Twice, in just a few paragraphs. I'm honestly not sure how you don't catch that...

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 4 years ago
Fitting

This went where I think the characters needed to go.

It's been a while since Part 1, so the refresher was needed, but the writing was really on the wall as to the fate of Jim and Bonny back then. That's not to say this wasn't enjoyable. 10 pages of people I feel like I knew, so I got more than my money's worth here. Sure, I'll quibble and say 'But we never got to see Will get his deserved castration' or 'We never found out the cause of Bonny/Bonnie's middle age crazy', but you know what? Some things are better left to the imagination. And Q's imagination is doing just fine.

If he's got as many stories in the hopper as he says, this will be an interesting time to be a fan. And I'm a big fan. Keep the powder dry Q and keep firing.

Thanks so much for finishing this and taking me along for the ride.

dc6370dc6370over 4 years ago
Loved it!

I'm glad to hear you are starting to tie up loose ends. I really enjoy reading your stories and looking forward to more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
All's well that ends well.

Wasn't easy to get there. The husband had to go into survivor mode to save his sanity. Bonnie lost her freaking mind with the big two main issues, trust and respect. Easy to dislike her. Classic LW's tale. 5 stars.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Couldn't finish it.

Sorry man but there was just too much there, too many plot twists, too many characters to keep track of, and just too darn much effort needed to be expelled to make sense of it. If you wanted to tell this story, I would have cut it down into more manageable pieces so folks like me could understand what you were trying to do. Not your fault at all which is why I gave you 4*.

Other more intelligent people could grasp it but it was just beyond my meager mental faculties.

Cherry and Regards,

C

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 4 years ago
Great ending

Another good story keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Right up to.....

The mazola party ruined the story for me. Stupid to go that way when swinging ruined the first marriage. As soon as Jen said she wanted to do it he should have run for the hills. Same mind set as the slut first wife.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

I'll admit, I spent a lot of time after part 1 was posted wondering how the situation would resolve. You managed to pull an ending i hadn't considered and, man, it works. It's a very fitting end to their stories, and I am, again, in awe of your skills. I find your works, and the frequently elegant resolutions they contain, keeping more of my attention. I know that I say this often, but thank you for sharing your talents with us.

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
I'm Not Even Sure the Characters Knew What They Were Doing, Much Less the Author

This story lost it's way early, and spun into the tar pit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loose Ends

If this was one of your loose ends just aching to be resolved, you should have tied it (and similar stories) up with a big rock and thrown in overboard in the deepest point in the lake. To me, a total clusterfuck from a writer who has generally put out very good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Inconsistencies and factually incorrect.

The story contradicts in several places. The set up Jen's one time orgy included the twins, but then she got pregnant later. Also one girl is in bed with him, which is never explained and outside the "one time".

Factually swingers have a lower divorce rate than normies. A quick google search on "divorce rate swingers" would have pointed the author in the right direction there.

Also the protagonist is kind of a dick.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 4 years ago
Too long a wait, but the story was great

Ten months is too long an interval between parts 1 and 2. But part 1 was so memorable I didn't need a refresher. But what happened to the postnup 65/35 split? Her behavior was so over the top I can't believe Jimmy split assets 50/50.

WretchedMonkeyWretchedMonkeyover 4 years ago
Needs an editor.

Firstly, I was happy that you decided to finish off this story and you're looking to do the same to your existing catalogue. The issue I have is I got confused a lot while reading, with the timeline jumping around all over the place from scene to scene with no real structure or rules in place and (as someone stated before me) the mixing up of names in certain scenes. I think if you had someone to edit or at least read through your stories and give you some feedback you could fix a lot of these issues before publishing. I'm still not sure why he found himself in bed with Vickie, was it from when they tracked him down on his boat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bonnie just went batshit?

Needed some explanation of why Bonnie got hit with the Martian slut ray. Feeling strangled? Sorry, just didn't seem to stack up to 20+ years of faithful wife.

Good writer. Love most of your stuff. This just never got me invested.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Manged to get through it

I read the whole thing, even thought there were times I wanted to stop. But I think one should read it all before trashing it or passing it up.

The never ending trashing of swingers was at first irritating, then pathetic and finally hypocritical considering the main character organized a swinger party with his wife in the end. "for her" right... I get it, wife #1 was wrong in what she did, but then he married a young woman who never had fun while he was known to have fucked everything moving or not. In reality, there is little difference between the 1st and 2nd wife. They both wanted to have something outside marriage. He could have handled his first wife better by not being a dick. The more he shot wife #1 down, the more she turned on him and hooked up with assholes. In the end, he became what he despised. But traded up for a younger model. One that manipulated him in to a swinger orgy and had a taste of other flesh. Old man's fantasy will explode in a few years. Wife #2 will still be young and have his children. No prenup will prevent him having to pay through the nose when #2 leaves.

ReadyOneReadyOneover 4 years ago
Thank you for the finish!

I'd given up hope after almost a year.

Glad you kept with the original "Caring is Sharing" theme. You examined things from both sides and did an excellent job.

I do wish there was some sort of communications channel so we could hear how things are going. For example, I heard one rumor that Part 2 had been rejected by Laural thus would never appear. If there were a way to ask somewhat embarrassing questions and receive answers and do the whole thing wholesale, not retail {grin}.

Looking forward to Rocky Raccoon!

travaynetravayneover 4 years ago
Thanks for the new story

As always, your writing sets the high water mark for excellence on Literotica. Congratulations on an engaging, if sometimes contradictory, tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Bit of a yawn .

All in all I think it was unnecessarily long .

Giving his second wife a night to remember , a mazola party .. ? Don't see how that works .

All those nights , all those years ago .... how does this one night give her a history of memories ? It doesn't .

Might just give her a taste for it though .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Normally I'm a fan of Q

But this thing needed to be condensed to about 5 pages. The inclusion of the "mazola party" and a lot more seemed pointless, just filling space and changing the characters so that they were less believable as characters. I wish I could score this well, but I can't.

Forto02Forto02over 4 years ago
Great story

I liked this story despite I don't agree with the message. It was fun, well writen and very entertaining.

So far I've liked every single story from qhml1.

Please, keep writing.

Too much trash elsewhere

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Two stars for signing off with “Life is Good”

Pet peeve

I HATE it

Otherwise fine but slow and long

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 4 years ago
You're...

...a genius. Love them all. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5-Stars OLD_CROW

Two day's ago, you posted "A New Profession" as part of the 9 Story Burning Down The House Event. That event contained the best 9 stories I've read in awhile. Today I read "The Love Shack" and "The Love Shack Pt. 02". Both were exceptional works. I read "Rocky Raccoon" back on 11/23/17 and the second chapter on 01/02/18. I'm glad to read that you are considering continuing this great series. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two chapters. Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great author

Great as usual. Unlike some others I like the longer stories and the additional time to feel a bond with the characters. Keep writing.

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
You sob

I made the mistake of reading this at night when I needed sleep,and put it down well after midnight! I liked it a lot, the only thing I found a little lacking is why Bonnie really goes off the rails, instead of validating that she is desirable her lifestyle ,if you can call it that, does the opposite, she basically self destructs.Is she punishing herself with the kinky stuff? Was this the only way she could feel? And how in the end does she end up finally pulling herself together? It is obvious she still loved Jimmy, but it wasn't enough,how does she end up good again?

You also should of submitted this to be published on a Friday, the first story did say it was to be published on a Friday and it didn't mention a year lol

njlaurennjlaurenover 4 years ago
One note

Several people got confused by the timing of the twins and the mazzola party. When the twins are on the houseboat one of the women holds up the oil.bottle, and it is referring to the mazzola party w Jen, and then the story takes us back 5 years when it occurred. In terms of the swinger party w Jen being the same as w Bonnie,it wasn't.Jen was honest with Grunt,she told him she was curious but also says to ght away he has to agree and if he doesn't that's it, it was between them at that point.Bonnie on the other hand decided she wanted to do it and manipulated Jimmy, especially with people he didn't like,and you have no doubt had Grunt backed out, Jen would have said that's it. Jules is really a problematic character,she knew Jimmy well, she knew her sister was off,screwed up,knew Jimmy was uncomfortable yet she stood by and let Bonnie literally screw it all up,she should of been forcing Bonnie to get help,she showed no loyalty that is for sure.maybe deep down she thought Grunt would go for her if Bonnie was gone,but she was definitely a snake.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
QHML

Wow!! 2 new stories in 1 week. And while it's always nice to read something new by you, thanks for finishing this one. Great story. As with most of what you write, this was like kicking back and spending time with a good friend.

I think one of the reasons I enjoy your stories so much is because the protags are usually strong, no-BS types.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 4 years ago
15 pages of blah

A 3 page story somehow stretched out to 15. Howmany times can you rewrite the silly Mazola scenes (and the accompanying monologues). And how is it all Grunts girlfriends have the exact same oil wrestling gangbang fantasy? And for the exact same reason? Must be being paid by the word....

In terms of the story I despised all the characters especially that sanctimonious hypocrite grunt. He is as big a slut as his wife ever was, and just as self absorbed and manipulative.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Really?

I’m on page 5 and I had to stop and comment. She signed the postnuptial!!!!! You don’t think he does what he has to , to see that it’s enforced after finding out and viewing Will of people plowing his wife?!? Every story has its ebs and flows but that is a HUGE faux pax that makes it hard to go forward. Did she think she wouldn’t get caught? Obviously. But still consequences. Of course she’d have to sign it to get him back but in my opinion, the story unravels now.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
It was worth finishing

The story was was worth finishing. I do agree that it changed with the divorce. I could definitely see Bonnie going off the deep end I just don’t see the happy ending for her like you do. It’s okay that not everyone is perfectly happy after an epic like that. Bonnie destroyed her marriage by the lies, cheating, disrespect etc. once she made her choice and went full steam, do you really think she came out of that? The same husband who couldn’t talk her out of it in person, talks her out of it on the PHONE years later? C’mon. lol

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Did Bonnie

Ever say why she really did it? Do real life middle aged women actually do what Bonnie did? My experience has been menopause/post menopause = complete loss of libido.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Quality

Once again you have produced an exceptional story. Yours are always a quality product. There is a subset of truly top notch authors on this site and you are among them. On a side note, I think you may have confused names in two spots. Will for Jason in one, and Jen for July in another. As usual, I can’t wait for the next one to come out.

Humphrey28Humphrey28over 4 years ago

Jesus, you need someone to proofread! That whole scene with Hester and Charlotte had so many wrong names in it that it was almost unintelligible. And that's just one example. You're a good writer but your "editor" should be fired instantly.

breville1breville1over 4 years ago
Too far fetched for me

Ok, women can go funny as they age - so can men. Then there is menopause. As some other readers have noted, libido drops off.

So it was unusual for Bonny to continue with swinging, etc. after they separated. She agreed to sign the postnuptual but only after the end of the counselling period...then he catches her in the Shack doing the dirty deed.

She did want to get her marriage back as she said during the court hearing, her counselling and her Shack video. The writer did a good job of letting the reader see this. Just extremely difficult to believe she could do that while continuing her romps. Jimmy was right to feel that there was no knowing if she would continue later on but for me it didn't make sense. While the characters belong to the writer, the situation was just unbelievable for me.

And later, the writer just can't get away from the swapping, allowing a very good relationship with Jen descend into the Mazola party.

Long and windy road but for me the plot was lost when we learned that Bonny was continuing the swapping (and with Will and other strange men, at that!) even while she desperately agrees to all Jimmy's postnuptual requirements, knowing full well how he felt about that kind of stuff.

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Outstanding

A great tale from a master at story telling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A Sharing is Caring Story

"As usual all thanks to Randi. for making, er, encouraging me do this, and for editing skills. If you find a mistake, I probably made it after the edit.

This is a two part story, hopefully the second will be out by Friday.

And special thanks to the gals and guys at SI, especially for the swimsuit issue."

Very good story but maybe you can tell us why it took a year to post something that was supposedly finished a year ago according to the quote from you above.

SandyWhoSandyWhoover 4 years ago
Great but Needs More Editing

Great story but it gets lost. You really should re-edit the last 4 or 5 pages because your time lines get crossed and you mix up names and characters in a couple of places. I am not going to vote on it at this time in hopes you will do the edits because I would have to give it a most 4 but it should be a 5.

arrowglassarrowglassover 4 years ago
Quite a story!

Could not put it down wanting to know what is going to happen next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Cannot wait for your next one

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
crossed lines/characters

You hit one of my pet peeves. In more than a few instances, the names of the character was wrongly typed. Jen was typed in place of Bonnie, Annette was typed in place of Antonio, Paul was left out all together (just making a point).

Unfortunately, I look to authors like Q for accurate and concise writing, and this wasn't such. The plot tended to drone on as well. It died fine with the end of the marriage. The contrived continuation to make the protagonist a "winner" only cheapened the message (hold true to yourself).

Thanks for the story

Smokepole

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
lol

15 pages od blah blah lol i hope that was a typo ur u need to go back to school or find a better math teacher. as for the story yes is was a bit long winded and turned into a swing story, which isnt my type of story names got switched a few times. so i enjoyed the first 5 pages but the rest was a bit boring for me but ty for the part i did enjoy :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Happy that you finished this

Maybe a tad too long. You lost my interest in there a couple of times. But I can only give this a 3 star rating. I liked the overall story. Lots of characters interacting, doing some crazy things. Like a lot of us did back in the day. But for me, cranky old bastard that I am, you ruined the story by having the mazola party at the end. After all the complaints about Bonnie's actions, after he agrees, then walks out on the island party I simply don't see how he justified doing, at his age, what he had refused to do when he was younger. Yes, I read the reasons (read that excuses) he did it. They just made no sense to me. Can't please everybody, every time. Thanks for the effort. I DO look forward to you continuing/finishing and posting new stories. You're still one of the best authors on this site.

3 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Very Feeble

Absurd story. Poor old Bonnie. The usual unlikable Q protagonist with emotional insecurity issues ('I'm a really tough guy, I hit guys I don't like, I'm a fantastic lover and girls all hunger for me, when I listen I don't hear, I'm a terrific businessman who fires everyone who disagrees with me, yes, I'm am asshole').

The editing was non-existent, the story just dragged on and on. As for the proofreading...it didn't happen.

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Thx Q

But even you know that was not one of your best.

Pls get to finishing Rocky Raccoon, that was awesome setup instill wonder what that little girl is doing!?

Richie4110Richie4110over 4 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyed your efforts

Thanks

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
Great finish, Q.

I appreciate the way you contrasted the two swaps, demonstrating what was wrong and right; why the island orgy went bad and why the Love Shack orgy with Jen worked.

Personally, after reading the stories from that particular exercise, the 'sharing means caring' thingy, I think it was, overall, a failure in that I don't remember seeing any good reasons why a husband and wife would risk their marriage for a few possible orgasms. None of the stories demonstrated why it would be necessary or how it could work.

Thanks for finishing your story. It's entertaining and I'm looking forward to many more.

schulz777schulz777over 4 years ago
part 2 way too long for the obvious

and still no real explanation why the wife changed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This one was too long and got boring

I can’t believe I stayed with it to completion . This love triangle just didn’t work for me. Not your best and way to long.

ribnitinribnitinover 4 years ago
the first one

This is the first one of your stories I didn't like. It was strange when Jimmy backed out on the island. It was bizarre when he agreed to the mazola gathering with Jen et al. Bonny's transformation from human to cardboard caricature didn't work. Etc.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Went on too long

qhml1 writes some great stuff, but this one is in need of a good prune. Like other commenters have said, just dragged on and on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Way too long

Way too long for what it was. And the minute you wrote in the Mazola you lost my respect. That was extremely hypocritical. The exact same situation but this time he went along with it. Why write this whole story about him losing his wife because she wants to swing only to come full circle to have another one with and even better woman. Cmon. Complete bullshit. Nothing I hate more than a hypocrite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Everyone fucking everyone else

Way too long and a waste to a read. Too much cheating. This story was crap.

MormonJackMormonJackover 4 years ago
Nice story.

Probably not the ending I had in mind while reading it, but hey, I still enjoyed it and it's your story to write.

I laugh at (and feel embarrassed by) the negative comments from anonymous readers. Sorry about them.

Keep up the great work!

MJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A DIFFERENT TAKE

While slow in spots you developed the story line. The reaction to a younger party again, was compassionate and honest. If you think about it, the story shows that people grow and change. Life goes on in good ways. Maybe a little long, but you got the storyline across without embellishment or boredom. Still it was well written with purpose and thought. Overall I would rate this story at least an 8 1/2 out of 10.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A great story

I agree with MormonJack about the negative comments, or at least the few that I read. 'This story is crap' (not my point of view at all) - well that's a really thought provoking review, not! If you haven't got anything constructive to say be it negative or positive then don't waste your or our time, explain why you think what you do. Regarding the Mazola party, I think qhml1 explained why it happened, briefly - different circumstances, with no deceit. Thanks for a great story and hope you get on and finish some more. Looking forward to it. GJ

GHreaderGHreaderover 4 years ago
I seldom read tragedies but this one was captivating

I reread Love Shack before reading Pt. 02 and am glad I did. You explored a lot of love and loss and love making quite a rollercoaster.

You set a pace that made this story hard to put down. I stayed up way too late reading. This was very different from your other styles and you pulled it off very well.

Thank you for sharing your storytelling talent with us. I hope you have the time and perseverance to complete those other stories you said you hoped to finish. I look forward to reading them.

HalfAsianWhoaHalfAsianWhoaover 4 years ago
Loved it, five stars.

Generally, sharing/swinging isn't my thing and I click right past it but you're one of my favorite writers on Literotica so I gave Love Shack 1 and 2 a chance and I'm glad I do. Swinging/Sharing still isn't my thing but Love Shack, while based on the premise, felt like it was more about the characters and all the other stuff was based around it.

DoctimeDoctimeover 4 years ago

Well after my negative comments the other day about a different story; I am happy to say well done. Another 5*s. Really a captivating story about a different life style that, I think, most people are not familiar with. Including me. Looking forward to more finishes. Like you, I am getting old.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

A shame it ended with some swinging BS anyway.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Thanks for finishing.

I appreciate your commitment to finish this but it just grossed me out. Not your fault, I just don't understand how he could have done another orgy swap with Jen. I didn't really like anyone towards the end even though I didn't hate your protagonist but I sure as hell don't respect him .

I noticed you were very tactical towards Jen's experience getting fucked by others. You made no mention of other men fucking her at all with Jason just cumming on her tits without letting us know if he had just finished fucking her. You did mention she had sex with all the women briefly but went into much more detail about the other players.

Was that to try and not soil too badly the image of Jen?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Far

Far too long for it to be called a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Far too long for the storyline.

The content was enjoyable, but the same story could be improved if edited to about half the length.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

Wow, comment censorship - a first for Q. And my comments are always story-centric with minimal/no vulgarity, unless warranted - this one not.

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 4 years ago
Classic top Q story

Thanks for finishing the Love Shack.

Five out of five.

Really classic Q stuff. The best.

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I've Started Rereading

Q's stories and will get back to reading any that may be on SOL that aren't here. I believe these two stories (LS1 and 2) are the only ones I have hated almost in their entirety. I began to start liking Steve again then came "To this day I couldn't tell you what made us decide to do it." At that point I pretty much knew what was going to be happening and just went into skimming mode. There it was, a retro style swap that made absolutely no sense to me. Yeah, it was totally consenual this time but... Don't know, don't care what happened after that except I lost all interest and respect for the characters. The good thing is I still like Q's writing even though this one was full of typo's and swapped ;-} names. I will keep reading his work, keeping in mind as others should that all things aren't for all people. One more thing, I just reread Q's ending about not wanting any unfinished stories left behind, I hope that isn't as ominous as it sounds in retrospect. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
First story

Of Q where I don't like his MC. He did for a girlfriend of a few months what he couldn't allow himself to do for his wife of 20 + years??? The way the wife went downhill from loving mother and grandma, to desperate harlot looking to reivindicate her youth?? She loved her husband for 20 year, been faithful a companion and in a few months suffer depression and decides to throw all that away for a momentarily enjoyment??? The characters changed way too much without rhythm or reason, and the ones given where pretty much weak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Was ruined by him acting like a swinger creep after all. The story should have stopped at page 8

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Saved

He could have saved himself a lot of grief if he had kicked the shit out of Will and divorced Bonnie after the hot tub incident.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I am amazed that I actually discovered a story by q that I absolutely hate

Absolutely hate. There's pretty much no one in this story that's even remotely decent.

HansTrimbleHansTrimblealmost 4 years ago
Why all the fuss?

I first read ‘The Love Shack’ when it was hot off the keyboard, and thought it was an interesting story for Lit because it had some of everything that was moderately disgusting in young-adult behavior, but seemed not to involve much over-the-top reaction to it all; well, except for Bonny, the classical good girl who went bad, and Will and Booger, bad guys all along who were there to provide the ‘necessary evil’ for the hero to react against.

Even though the author chose to write about things that I’d never get involved in, and allowed his characters to engage in more complicated deviant behavior than simple adultery, I haven’t found that the story deserves the extremely virulent criticism that many of the readers have expressed. I feel that the guidance counselor character aptly summed up the whole story as a conflict between a ‘black and white’ man in a world full of ‘shades of grey’ behavior. That was enough to keep me interested through about a hundred thousand words.

Perhaps the hypercritical readers were looking for something simpler, with fewer of the stumbling blocks that real life tests us with. (Something more like: “See Jane. Jane is running. Run, Jane, run.”)

I’m delighted with the story just the way it stands, filled with complex characters who blunder through life; people who occasionally stumble, then pick themselves up, and try to offer each other as much tolerance and understanding as they can manage.

Five stars from me on the first read, and no regrets for any of those stars on my second and third reads!

smokey196240smokey196240almost 4 years ago
Enjoyed 1&2

Was not the norm but enjoyed it great story and had truth to it read both 1&2 back to back and enjoyed them both

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Once bitten

Once Bitten Twice Shy is not whitesnakes song. It’s Ian Hunters song. Whitesnake didn’t have enough talent to write a song that good.

Frank Sinatra recorded Yesterday. That don’t make it Sinatra’s song. It’s McCartney song. Always.

Guess you kind of stepped on my toes with that one.

Kyoya

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
Didn't Care For It

The characters seemed to be successful degenerates. Even James the lead character agrees to the swapping then backs out at the last second, in part 1. It felt like he set Bonnie up until you found out about the scheming and manipulating before hand then he agreed to the Mazola party for the same reason because Jen felt left out. The story did have a familiar thread running through it but it was a part of life most of us in our group left behind. The ones that didn't imploded and died. Sex, drugs and rock n roll is good for when you're young and stupid. As usual it was well written, grammatically, but just never got into the plot or the characters. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Very Enjoyable Read

I enjoy your stories. While there are typos, the characters and storys are always interesting. I've paid a lot for books that have entertained me far less than your tales. Thank you for sharing them with us.

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

What a great story. Like Maxwell House coffee... Good to the last drop !!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

Good story, I even think it runs true to life in many ways. It happened to this old man at the age of 35 (I'm 77 now), I was tired and not paying attention to a younger wife. She packed up and left the kids with me to go out and have "fun". True story. Good writing and you told it well. It follows with one of my admonitions to any young people who will listen "If you want to screw around don't get married". He screwed round finally but wasn't married.

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Should

Should have dumped Bonnie after the episode In the hot tub and saved himself the grief.

zdesertkidzdesertkidalmost 3 years ago

Don't you dare even think of stopping. Please!!!! You are my relaxation after a long day at the office. Thank you for all your time and effort in all your stories. They make me realize just how lucky I am in this life.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

That was a pleasure to read,

par for this author.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Another good story! Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As usual, a entertaining story - thank you! Of course I had to read a few comments and am amazed at how ridiculous some are. In real life situations the phrase 'hindsight is 20 / 20' is often used. You can't say that really in a fictional story where you are spoon fed the facts yet (sorry to pick on you Nitpic) you read . . . should have dumped Bonnie after the hot tub episode . . . . well duh! That was 5 minutes of your life wasted! All who read the story could figure that out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A disgusting epic filled with selfish immature cocks and cunts who showed less sense then a bunch of orangutans ! Not a single guy or gal I would want to associated with. Can’t believe anyone with this fucked up IQ can have the ability to run a successful business…seriously! QHM 1 is into some seriously depraved shit…well if it floats his boat…then BOL to him! Just be careful of AIDS and countless other STDs floating around!!

PlayswellwithotherswifesPlayswellwithotherswifesover 2 years ago

I liked the story but disagree with some of the things you said about what we call the lifestyle. LS for short, we have been married for 45 years and in the swinglifestyle for 21 years and know alot of other couples have been married 20 plus years that still enjoy it. It is just we say anything to our LS friends but not to our nun LS friends. We have tried other parties and clubs but they are just to Boeing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You sir are truly a gifted writer!

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

good story but so many sidetracks to main story line don't add much. Names are confusing, Julie, Judy, Jude? and I believe sometimes wrong names are used. Without going back to early chapters I thought his wife signed a contract about asset split and stated if either one wanted out before the final swap at the resort happened, they would call it off, under penalty of divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A fairly good well written story, even if the basic story line is not even close to our beliefs, approvals, considerations, and love and respect for each other.

The major disappointment for us was the last slipping and sliding sex sharing party!!!!

Just because the 1st wife is as a cheating slut and conspired, a stance is taken.

Then a sudden change of heart to suddenly agree to have another slipping & sliding sex party for the next wife because???? No way in hell!!!!! Such a hypocrite because he got his feelings and ego hurt the 1st time. There should have never been a 2nd time and the wifey should have had enough love and respect to not even consider or suggest the possibility to satisfy her sexual needs.

So wimpy husband went along because he always had the sexual desire and wanted it too - just as long as his ego and feelings were not hurt again. What a bunch of BS!!!!! You’re either in or out with approval that we certainly don’t approve or need or want or would ever accept; it each to their own - as long as you accept the eventual fall out and repercussions and probably separation and divorce.

Then you might always have the what ifs and if the strange or known was really ever worth it???

Strong written story with an eventual disappointing ending - at least for us readers….

SW

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Since we were still technically in business together, I had Jen sign a prenup and insisted she have her new husband do the same." You meant "Bonny"

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Second reading and I standby my first comments, if you want to screw around don't get married also don't marry a younger woman. When you reach forty and your younger wife is 34 they don't want some bald guy anymore they want some young buck to make them feel sexy.

BabalooieBabalooieabout 2 years ago

MAZOLA Party. WOW. That brought back a fond memory or two. Ours was a "private" party - just my newlywed wife and me. The shower afterward was fun. It took a very long time to remove the sticky, heavy oil. Some of my friends preferred baby oil, because it was lighter and easier to remove afterward. Nothing but fun.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 2 years ago

Q, I appreciate your stories *because* sex isn't the only goal, but a well-thoughtout part of the story. I get so tired of stories that are little more that "she moved here, then I did this (twice)," etc. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just couldn't reconcile dumping Bonnie over her group sex fantasy then giving in to Jen. You either have scruples or you don't!

Jim

PogSmithPogSmithalmost 2 years ago

Great Story as always! Please don’t tease about more Rocky Racoon stories coming out, love the series and have been waiting for the next chapter for years!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Love Shack Previous Part
The Love Shack Series Info