All Comments on 'The Low Road'

by Todd172

Sort by:
  • 321 Comments (Page 4)
PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Thought provoking indeed, that a life of mediocrity can be turned into a shining beacon of love. Damn fine story the both of you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I really need to stop reading your stories late at night then realising it's one in the morning.

Your stories are amazing.

Calico75Calico756 months ago

Shed a few tears. Really enjoyed it.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

My second read-through of this story (binging this author) and it's just as powerful and amazing as the first. Flawless. Thank you very much for offering your work to make people's day better.

NitpicNitpic6 months ago
Hell

Hell of a good story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

-I spent over 24 years active duty in the Army with in between times in the reserves and National Guard for a total of over 30 years carrying an ID card. I've met and served with folks like Schnell. Worse, I've met and had to deal with folks like his "wife" and "mother" as well.

-One would think that any of the services would try to weed out the Schnells, particularly since "up or out" has become policy, but there is a surprisingly human side to the Green Machine.

-Too bad all Sgt Majors aren't like this one, but there are enough. Good story, too real, good ending.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger4 months ago

Fantastic story, love it. Great plot and very well written. Thank you.

oldguy1oldguy14 months ago

great read great story

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A Masterpiece, Todd and the Missis. A true Masterpiece. Worth every one of the Five Stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Karma. A win-win situation?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Found this gem. I had read it before and loved it. Can't beat a story where a person isent perfect but finds a way to make himself and others happy.

0ldfart0ldfart3 months ago

A ripping yarn, with a nice touch of whimsey to fill it out. Bravo.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow. Need more like that - outside the box, but very real and believable. And without a lot of extra words and fluff. Well done, and thank you.

ReadIt1ReadIt12 months ago

Read this now 3 times over the past, hmmm, couple of years maybe, and it always brings a tear to my eyes. Great ending twist, love your imagination and writing style here, keep it up!

Bob 3/22/24

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Nice job

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Bloody allergies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Left me with a shiver down my spine. 5 stars didn't feel like enough.

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I missed this when it came out but found it while going to reread one of your other stories. I feel like Jim Gaffigan talking about the bonus fry. "How did I miss you!?!" 5 stars

Just_GymJust_Gym21 days ago

One of my favorite stories from one of my favorite authors

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Only one word for it: magnificent.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTodd172@Todd172
I write my stories to relieve the population pressure. Too many people banging around in there and the only way to get them out is to write them out. There's a bitter ex-Navy Master Chief living next to a quietly desperate tarnished Russian angel, who is trying to keep her sou...

SIMILAR Stories