All Comments on 'The Major's Orange'

by Inkhorn

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
Tiger27Tiger27over 4 years ago

Pleasant! Good read!

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 4 years ago
First rate

Not an easy subject but you handled it with extreme care.

5 stars from me too

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonover 4 years ago
Lest we forget...

WW1, "the war to end all wars", as horrible as it was, was made so much worse by the so-called "Spanish Flu" pandemic. It's estimated that 30 million to as many as 100 million people died of the flu, all within a year or so of the end of that terrible war - many times the number of those actually killed fighting.

Good story, thanks for posting.

ColdCountryColdCountryabout 4 years ago
This really hits home.

5*

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Poignant to this Vietnam Vet and Army Reutiree. Nicely done. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you, my Grandfather fought in the Great War, may rest in peace. The National WWI Museum in K.C. is a great place to learn more about "The War to End All Wars".

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15about 2 years ago

Poignant and believable.

CriosCriosabout 2 years ago

Inkhorn was a tremendous writer. It's too bad he only wrote three stories before he disappeared. I hope he is still with us. I've sent him private feedback about his "Rebirth" story but have yet to hear back. I begged him to write more if he is still with us and willing to write again.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

I agree our author is a rather good writer, none seem to know what happened to him. Such a short story about a family with loss's and more to come.

chytownchytownover 1 year ago

*****A fine short story wish there had been a little more. Still very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic story that show a clear understanding of the effects of aging and dementia. I know because I cared a great deal for a woman who some times thought I was her boyfriend when in fact I was her son-in-law. To her the present day was from 70 years earlier when she was a young woman dating the man who would become her husband. To me she was the mother of my wife, her daughter. She was a wonderful woman and I truly miss her.

This story deserves a higher rating than five stars.

OldmantruckerOldmantrucker3 months ago

💯💯💯💯💯👍👍👍👍👌👌🙋🙋😉🤷🤷🤷be great if the author was still here... Oh welll 🤷🤷🤷🤷🤷👋👋👋

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userInkhorn@Inkhorn
A broken writer trying to find their way again. Happily married, not looking for anything on the side, just trying to find a lost spark of inspiration and maybe a bit of social validation. Current status? Indefinite Hiatus. Lots of ideas, little time. Stories: - Donald’s Ha...

SIMILAR Stories