All Comments on 'The Man in the Smiling Mask'

by blacknight99

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Imagine the follow-up

I know you won't add to this, and it really ends nicely, but it is intriguing to think about what happens in the following years. A love story, a rags-to-riches story, a rise to greatness story, all combined.

I like this optimistic view of life's possibilities. It reminds me of "The Girl Beneath the Skin", one of my favorite stories ever. More like this would be great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
That was beautiful

I had no idea what this was going to be about from the title but I enjoy being surprised and this was one hell of great surprise. The way it started made me think you were going in a different direction but it was awesome from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Woah.

This was clever and written and funny and despite the unrealistic expectations of how long it takes for one to tell infatuation from love I give this a 9 out of 10. Beautiful honestly I think this one of the best pieces I've read

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Anticipation

I have enjoyed all your writings and was so happy when I saw this new one. Keep writing and I’ll keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

While I enjoyed this story—it had the usual great writing, an interesting context, and likeable characters—I did not think it was up to the standard of previous works. The ending was too rushed and it would have benefitted from being a multiple chapter story. I would have loved to read about the whole story leading to becoming Governor (or beyond) and I would have been fascinated to see a psychological investigation of American politics especially with some well intended hypnotic interventions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous