All Comments on 'The Milkmaid Pt. 02'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

You capture the essence of the late 80s so well, and I could picture the dairy (Herringbone, I assume, unless that's just an Aussie thing!) There's c0omplexity in the simplicity of the tale, and I do enjoy your voice as a writer.

smiley666smiley666over 3 years ago

It describes what a lot of girls have to go through, at least the forced parts. It's not easy to picture feelings, but you did an excellent job. The feelings were understandable and I look forward to the next part, unfortunately the last of this romance. Thank you for letting us dream for some moments

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Im loving this series!

You write this so well!. I love how you describe miniscule details and describe each scene/moment.

P.S: She didn't wash her hands when taking out the 1st batch of cookies!!(albeit she did use the gloves.....but the poor soul who has to use the gloves next time XD)

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Fantastic story. Cannot wait 4 more!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

I'm rooting for them big time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not really believable.

The escape from abuse is but how numbers is responding is not.

He should have confronted her about the money and gun.

And talked with his dad about the very real risks they all faced from then on.

Including his dad's girlfriend.

Other than that OK.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Author's Response:

Hi, everyone!

Thanks to everyone who read this story, who favorited, voted, and commented. Oops! Sorry about the cookies!

Regarding the believability issue pointed out by Anonymous on 6/18/21, this series is tagged as an action-adventure, which really comes into play in the next chapter. Yes, Nick isn't responding in the smartest manner but he's a young man driven by hormones and a pretty girl and I can think of a number of young men (including myself) who've been known to do some pretty stupid things (and seemingly unbelievable) things in that situation. As such, please give Nick at least a partial pass on that since this and the next chapter would be pretty boring otherwise. Please consider checking out the action (and Nick's efforts at maturing) in Part 3 and let me know if the payoff was worth it. :-)

Thanks!

SC

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What excellent character development in this part, where you've allowed the bond between Nick and Jessi to grow, and for them to acknowledge their feelings for each other. I'm still wondering why Nick hasn't told his dad about the dangerous situation they may all be in, just so his dad can be aware of any possible trouble that might arise. Definitely loving all the references to the eighties in the story! And this chapter has made me eager to find out what happens next. Well done!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

I've read this again, realizing I didn't leave a comment the first time. Really good follow up. I like the heat between these two. Looking forward to chapter 3. Five Stars. Well done.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

Yup, I'm still here and still giving out a 5/5. I'm expecting the showdown with Owen and the inevitable gun battle will be in the next installment. I should have surrendered to sleep three hours ago, but I'm caught up in your stupid story and I can't put it down. 😆 🤣 😂 lol

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Moving along very nicely, no issues with this instalment. Wonder what you've got planned for Owen and company!!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Now we know what's going on but why is she running and where is she going? Running from the bad guys but what to do?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
785
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
926
Hayin' Time 
4.83
116
44
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
615
City Boy 
4.84
328
51
More Stories