All Comments on 'The Milkmaid Pt. 03'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Car6555Car6555over 3 years ago

Loved it! Perfect romance with some action! And the references at the end, great idea.

smiley666smiley666over 3 years ago

Enjoyed this story and started immediately to read (if time allowed). It is astory but nobody can denie that it could happen as described when using the advatage of knowing the place. Looking forward for your next stofy

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

Great ending to a great tale. Glad the couple got their HEA, and the baddies got their due.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I was on the edge of my seat through that middle section!

I started this series for the Juicy bits...But eventually stayed for the romance and then was amazed by the Writing on the Action and plot circles.. 10/10!. Jolly good Show!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable story

All stories first objective is to grab your attention. A good story will hold it and a great story will create so much interest it becomes a "page turner". As the first part ended, I looked forward to part two. I could barely wait for the ending..... and part three didn't disappoint. A 5* only because it's as high as they go. I look forward to reading more.

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyover 3 years ago

Great story! Look forward to more from you soon!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A uniquely American tale

I love the erotica, but adding in gun porn detracts from the story. Americans probably don't realize how strange the ready availability of guns is to those from other countries.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years agoAuthor
Author's Response

Thank you to everyone who commented above and to those who sent private notes. All are greatly appreciated, as are the votes, the story favorites, and the new author favorites.

In response to comments above, I’m glad so many enjoyed the story, and that it was gripping enough for you to want to continue. That feedback is excellent news and is appreciated.

Regarding the reference notes, I try to research history when a story is set in the past to make the work as realistic as time and length allow. I sometimes enjoy sharing some of the background for those who might be interested. A potentially upcoming piece set in the early 1900s will probably have a number of those…if I can ever complete the story!

Regarding the comments about guns, based on the American setting, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have them included, particularly considering the timeframe of the story, the problem the couple faced, and the antagonists as described, just as some elements might be included in stories set in other countries that wouldn’t be appropriate for a story with an American setting. In fact, it would have been difficult to tell this story without having some guns included and would have resulted in a much different tale than the one I wanted to tell. The weapons used in the story were all available and appropriate to the period, so brief descriptions and some basic descriptions of operation were included to match the level of description generally used in the story and for action purposes. However, please note that I deliberately didn’t describe the ones carried by the bad guys (in beyond the most generic terms, i.e., rifle, semi-automatic pistol, revolver, shotgun) since Nick wouldn’t have had time to study or probably even to identify them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, this final chapter brought the entire story together perfectly! I definitely agree with the commenter who wrote about how well the action-adventure part of the story is handled, along with the romantic, steamy parts for good measure. And I like how you had the reader wondering at different times: Is Jessi a femme fatale, or isn't she? Fantastic series here, and a highly enjoyable read!

olddave51olddave51over 2 years ago

A good balance of action, romance and lust.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Wonderful ending to a great story. So romantic, and sexy, too! Enjoyed the adventure and especially the bad guys getting what was coming to them. 5 Stars! Well Done!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

5/5 again. Congratulations on the successful hat trick! Just for the record, i was doing just fine right up until the point where Jessi was wearing his mother's wedding ring to convince the hospital staff that she was his wife. I'm not ashamed to admit that I got choked up and whimpered just a little. The first time that I read where the nurse was speaking with Mrs. Buice, I incorrectly assumed that Nick had been in a coma long enough for his dad to remarry. I didn't expect the ruse that his dad had concocted with his future daughter in law.

Your appendix at the end is something that I'm also doing with my longer stories. But I didn't steal the idea from you. Great Minds Think Alike. GMTA is an entry in the appendix for the upcoming third chapter of That Girl Next Door. I also use EMTA for certain occasions too.

One entry lacking from your appendix is a short blurb about the tune that dad whistles.

On the subject of the song "The Time Of My Life", other Literotica.com authors have used it as well. I had to correct one of them when he/she credited Patrick Swayze instead of Bill Medley for the vocals. That seems to be an extremely common mistake and it irritates the fire out of me.

-

Just as a heads up, my Protagonist in That Girl Next Door is going to save his ex during a bank robbery. It will be in Chapter 5 as I currently have things laid out, but that could end up being pushed further out. I have the scene already written in my head. The ex was originally just a one shot throw away character. But some time around September of 2021, I had this idea pop into my head for using her again in a rescue scene. So when my main character gets shot and ends up in the hospital like Nick, please believe me that I didn't steal it from you. Again, GMTA.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a great story, it was well written with great character development. Again, thanks SouthernCrossfire for suggesting that I read this story as I really enjoyed it. Well done 5-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well written. Beats the hell out of watching the boob tube! Thank you for your work

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 2 years ago

I love stories that stimulate my imagination and not just my libido. This story was well thought out, well written, and best of all allowed us to follow the lives of your characters to a happy conclusion. Love the “Shootum’ up, bang bang”, and the turn around ending. Please write more stories that make us hungry for more.

As a contributor to Literotica myself, I hate the negative comments by anonymous commenters or those that have never submitted a single story to Literotica. If you ever receive these types of comments from those who find it necessary to negatively comment when they haven’t even written and submitted even one solitary story, please take my advice, delete them and keep on writing.

Woodbgood

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

Yes, having the black ford being visible in the open shop doors was a bad move, a sureway for the bad guys to find her.

A friend of mine tried to make a sharp turn with her VW bug and rolled it through the dip along the road, went over the barb wire fence and landed on its wheels, The rancher saw it all and came down and cut the fence so she could drive away home. It didn't have any broken windows and they drove it for several years befoe they sold it. 5

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Nothing to complain about and a really good story with a HEA which I love. 5⛤

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

While not a great story it was very good. The development of our to MCs relationship was a bit haphazard, in my mind at least but then again I'm not a real critic just an 80 year old guy that loves to read good stories since I'm too old for my own adventures any more. The action parts were pretty good. I do think a lot of space was wasted on sex scenes where more of the story could have been developed. My suggestion for the author is to read some of Todd172 and BobbyBrandt, both are very good. Todd's 'The Shack' series is great and BobbyBrandt's 'His Daddy's Car' is also excellent. Both action and very little sex. 4 stars for a good effort.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Milkmaid Series Info

SIMILAR Stories