All Comments on 'The Mistake'

by Mainboy

Sort by:
  • 111 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Ended way too quick. He was a drunk and partied way too much and basically lost her. He woke up, but the solution you proposed was way too simple and quick. She needs testing for STDs and they probably need some counseling. Also, any relationship with Alex is obviously over.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Good story, although hard to see how husband could have such quick epiphany.

Great to have story where husband is real and not the perfect person that so populates LW stories.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove10 months ago

I really like the fact that the husband was no saint. Too many stories here feature situations where one partner is working so hard or so involved with some aspect of their life that their partner looks for solace and affection elsewhere. And yet the one who sleeps with someone else always ends up saying—“It is all on me, not you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” There is a reason why insurance companies usually apportion blame to both parties in settling car accident claims… I thought the epiphany was ok—people have such things when they are faced with death—and he was was faced with emotional death.

PorterrhPorterrh10 months ago

I think the scales are tipped way too far on her side in this story

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

It would be a long road back but I think this works. Alex needs to f-off somewhere and find his own woman. He should feel a lot of shame.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

A nice story. A little too much MUTUAL recrimination in the middle after the amazing insight at the beginning. You should have left it more his fault and then after they were well into getting back on track, she asks him when he found out. Then she says his efforts were what made her want to save the marriage so she stopped the affair and she never looked to Alex again.

BUT it was your story and you told it your way. Gave it 4 stars

GrendelpuppyGrendelpuppy10 months ago

Such a great contrast with the all to common Burn The Bitch stories. Very realistic.

miket0422miket042210 months ago

Closer to realistic than a lot of stories. Seems like a marriage worth saving. Good to see both parties accept responsibility for their own actions.

A couple of little quibbles for me.

When she said she needed to let Alex know and he said to let Alex stew. I would have liked to see him he more adamant about it and her let Alex twist in the wind for a while.

Actually it would have been nice to see him he the one to break the news to Alex.

Not saying there had to be any revenge or physical beating or anything but, Alex needed some consequences. Catherine can say she enticed Alex but, he was their friend so he knew he was betraying a frie. Plus, with him having lost his wife he knows what it feels like to lose the one you love. Why would he put a friend in that position? MC should have been the one to break the news to Alex as well as deliver the message that they were no longer friends with him and he was no longer welcome in any part of their life.

Once they agreed to take two weeks vacation it was a shame how much the author rushed the ending after spending so much time setting the scene.

bluengraybluengray10 months ago

A marriage brought back from the edge of a cliff! Very realistic with great character development! I just bet there are marriages just like this one all over the world right now that are very close to falling over that very cliff of indifference. The MC was awakened at the last moment, or was he? Chapter two? Easy 5*! Thanks for writing!

hindsight2020hindsight202010 months ago

Beginning and middle very good.

The wrap up was contrived and rushed.

3*

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedic10 months ago

It is a sad story all around. she will always have Alex to go back to when they get into another disagreement. I would bet Alex talks to her weekly if not everyday. Burner phone or not. 4*. Could use a chapter 2.

des911des91110 months ago

Very good story; shame about the lame ending. Maybe cut the last few paragraphs and write a second chapter...?

Thank you for sharing.

katibkatib10 months ago

Very odd ending to a very good story.

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9910 months ago

I would have given it a 5 if the slime who helped the wife down the fallen path was destroyed

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I will never understand reconciliation stories. Even at his very worst, what he did is not even a 10th of the damage she did by cheating. And of course, the word "ego" is used for a man having the audacity to feel anger over his supposed life partner cheating on him. All the cucks will love this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What are you trying to say? Why did they really get bored and why did their "friend" really think that it was ok to tap his wife? Communication could have avoided all of this to start with.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle10 months ago

This was outstanding.

A couple who lost their way for a time and found each other. Not a story of furtive sex and huge cocks; but of the embers of love that needed both people to fan into a flame.

Not a story of recrimination and holier than thou men; but two people who got lost in their own worlds.

Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well, we have a childish narcissistic guy with a zero level of empathy, totally self-centered and totally unavle to understand the feeling of other people. On the other side, a weak wife, totally unable to face his idiot husband and speak about their problems, their lack of affection. The evolution of these common situations is pretty much predictable: when a problem is not faced in time, the problem degenerate until it reachs a point of no return.

Difficult to say which was the most to blame, maybe both, creating that huge mess for their inability to communicate on a rational and, even more, on an emotional level.

They should have gone to school and learn the basics for a good relationship, but too many time the learning comes making a lot of painful, and sometimes irreversible, mistakes.

With this pair of childish idiots, the happy fairytale conclusion is very unlikely, without a long, deep and professional counselling: before keep going with their relationship, they would seriously need to become mature adults. Without the educative side of this awful tale, describing a very common situation in real life, the tale looks almost useless.

KaeyoKaeyo10 months ago

He was an adult, married and with responsibilities, but lived life as an overage frat boy. Frankly, he deserved to be cheated on, and lose his wife. It was almost already too late when he finally woke up.

Happy ending, but almost too easy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Your main character came across as extremely indecisive and weak. He's been asking himself too many questions with too few answers. STD check is a minimum of one of the spouses is playing the field away. 2*

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

The mistake the cuck made was staying with the whore

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

The MC has no one to blame but himself! I'm sure I agree with your resolution.

4

MainboyMainboy10 months agoAuthor

Well wow! I expected a diverse reaction to this and I thank every single one who went to the trouble of reading and commenting.

Why did I write it this way?

To start off. Just about every LW story has this saint of a husband and a whore (for whom I happen to have a lot of respect, doing what they can to possibly raise children fathered by a runaway 'saint') and then the story goes around of how the poor woman is destroyed and the jilted man very quickly finds a new love. Happy tralala.

Nope. Life does not work that way. As I said in another story, regret never lets go. If a man truly loved a woman he will regret destroying her for the rest of his life, whatever the reason. If he does not, he never truly loved her. The same of course, holds true for a woman in the same situation.

I agree that the ending was lame. I honestly ran out of ideas on how to do the most difficult thing in a story. How to end it. Anybody with a good idea, whack me with an e-mail. I promise to answer them all and if it is good, the ending will be yours.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hmmm, I think I liked it.

This was one of the very, very few stories were the infidelity may be forgiven.

The characters were very authentic, the struggle and his recognition lead to the narrow but only possible chance to reconcile.

Nice done. Five thumbs up.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Really well written. The husband must have been either aware of his transgressions or decided to stop running and face his reality….Had a similar emiphany on a smaller scale and realized I had to grow up…. Situations like this are usually up or out…Tegained maturity makes the difference as if you do not have it you never recapture it…

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done, but I'm not too happy about her. She failed the COMMUNICATION requirement.

PentafelixPentafelix10 months ago

Beautiful. A very human story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Meandering diatribe about nothing made it hard to read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Haha. I knew it! It was foretold in the stars that you will pen something on LW. Just joking.

And as can be expected, it had a lot around the girth other than the typical malicious spite by the jilted husband so fiercely portrayed by most authors around here. Destroy the woman! Make them all into a whores! And what happens to the man who is NEVER as innocent as it seems?

I see SwordWielder wants her tested for STD's. Good god boy. Not everybody on the face of this planet walks around with rotting genitals.

Well done Mainboy. This was just a quick one, I can see that but it shines like the others. Yes, it could have been longer but then again, to say what? Your best? Not by a long shot but I still read it twice. Well done.

Keep them coming! We will wait.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yeah….his “enlightenment” seemed to happen all too quick. And her excuses were all too trite. But at least…maybe…they make it.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think this shows some reality as long as the guy really doesn't care that his wife, rather than confronting him, goes off and initiates an affair and then just comes back. I mean to me she is damaged goods. I would tell her that yes, I guess I was not as attentive as I should have been but she really didn't communicate so neither did I. Does that mean we cheat? NO it should not.

I do know maybe one guy, who has low self esteem, that would keep her. All my other friends would be sad, angry, and now divorced. No way would I have children with her and no way is there any physical contact until she gets clear of all STD's and YES I would tell her parents. If they knew of her affair then I disown them as well.

Guy is a pussy.

silentsoundsilentsound10 months ago

Way too easy. Started good and ended extremely weak.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"You've been busy?" she grinned at me as I drank down the cool drink and I nodded.

"Yeah, since I'm going to be living alone I figured I should clean up the place. I thought about packing your crap, but decided to let you pack what you want and I'll toss the rest once you're gone."

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Just another sissy cuck wimp story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Hearts and flowers. Glad love wins out for a change.

Well designed, well written, well done.

More please.

MLJ

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

No consequences for "friend" alex! Your one time good friend who should have said " go tell your husband how you are feeling, communicate", but no he said "ill fuck you, and fuck my good friend at the same time!" what a great friend. Glad they were able to save it, can't wait for the next time I see alex.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A simple story of self castration and vaulting his balls into his wife’s purse.

The author introduces a lot of mitigating circumstances into the tale to explain why the RAAC is possible. Regardless of those items, it was a breakdown of communication and instead of the wife talking to her partner, she goes out and screws another man. Yes, our MC had issues but that is not an excuse to have an affair. The proper sequence is to talk and if unable to resolve the issue, proceed to divorce. All our MC did was show the wife she had free reign to screw around without consequences if she was displeased. Next time he forgets to take out the trash she gets to pull a train? Not a fan of these RAACs because the door is always open for the cheater to be a repeat offender with impunity.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

An original approach does not make a good story. A woman might have made better use of this scenario because women think differently. A reconciliation after a simple one-night stand would have been almost believable. After an affair (still in progress) it is quite unlikely !

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Seems like a marriage not even remotely worth saving. She betrayed everything between them, and blew up not only his trust in her, but in a close friend as well. Taking that soul-destroying bitch back into his life again? Sheer madness.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Should have quietly walked over to the dining couple, and would have unceremoniously dropped my wedding ring onto the table, turned around and walked away, and see if Catherine left Alex. Four ****

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A totally irrealistic tale involving the usual drunk weak guy and a whore wife, ending with the usual unbelievable RAAC. That's why this kind of femdom stories almost never reach the minimum gol of the 4 stars.

GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

Enjoyed the story, it was really good how he realized what caused his marriage to fail. But the ending just seemed to be an afterthought. Thanks for writing looking forward to future stories.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I fail to see what everyone is gushing about. I find this story as boring as watching paint dry.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So Alex has an affair with a friend's wife and he gets off scot free?? I don't think so. Don't give a shit how bad the husband is. Alex needs a life lesson on what happens to men that fuck with married women. But then again hubby seems to have a lot of latent wimp and possibly cuckold qualities.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kind of a misnomer to call Catharine's cheating a "mistake". Its a trivialization of a long series of bad decisions and bad choices. In fact, Catherine pursued Alex and had an affair with him. If your marriage is that "bad" then have those adult conversations with your partner to resolve those deal breaking issues. If you can't resolve those issues then agree to end the marriage. Catherine's cheating was basically a power dynamic grab. She felt entitled to having both an affair and a marriage and it gave her a manipulative power dynamic over both her husband and Alex her affair partner. Why didn't she just leave her husband for Alex? Because she likes cake — having both the affair and the marriage. OH wonderful cake! The veneer of reconciliation, doing the bare minimum in terms of apologies and marriage counseling. No shame, no mortification because the spouse won’t tell anyone and will continue to protect your image. . Marriage- check, family -check, and finally finances intact - check. And standby options remain open for current or future affairs.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Of course, the whoring and the cheating are always just "the mistake", and since that was just a little mistake, why not to do it again ? Maybe next time in a smarter way. Beside, with a brainless weak husband, RAAC are always the normal way to go (never talk about divorcing, that's a tabu). There are "mistakes" like the selfish evil betrayal in a marriage that are NOT forgivable in any way. These are never "mistakes", these are premeditated sluttish actions perpetrated by "lovely wifes" with their brain between their legs.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I liked your story a lot. 5 stars.

Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well-written and realistic for both of them. But didn't she notice the black eye?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I never thought that Catherine, my beautiful wife of twelve years would seek the companionship of another guy.

This was the first mistake!!

Time to move on. Way to many available women. MUCH BETTER women!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That was simplistic and devoid of any real depth of emotion. The writing was average and probably something written in a short period of time. It would make a good working outline for an effective story though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well told. Nice to see something out of the "death to sluts" vein.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I tend to agree with wackdoodle, thank you for writing this . It can be used as an example or case study ,if you will , of the pitfalls of self absorbency and the affects there of. 5 stars and a standing ovation

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kaeyo nobody deserve to be cheated on, his widzę should leave him? Yes, but nobody deserve to be cheated on...

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too bad the MC didn’t quietly walked to their table, didn’t say anything to them, just dropped his wedding ring on the table, and walked away. I wonder what Catherine’s reaction would have been. His former best friend? 5*******

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Deadset cuck. Should have divorced her

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Thank you for a story in which husband and wife both realize their faults: a rarity on this site. As others have said, I think they're in for a rough road, and that roughness was minimized by your quick ending. I do hope they make it. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wow, great storytelling. Realistic characters, sharp dialogue, and a plausible narrative. Should have posted in Romance, it’s too intelligent for the LW crowd.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He was a jerk who didn't deserve his wife. He also didn't deserve the betrayal. The doofus husband was bad, the cheating wife was a cunt, and the 'friend' needs to meet a series of unfortunate circumstances.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu10 months ago

uhm.

ok so he forgave her and they reconciled.

he's a bigger man than I.

I could forgive but probably we go our own separte ways.

stilll this is a cuck story.

can't get around it.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer10 months ago

Thank you for an enjoyable, relatable, story. He went a tad over-the-top doing all those basic home improvement things but he was such an idiot it sort of fitted in with his low level of intelligence and empathy.

Domestic blindness, some people call it. He was leading a different, entitled life to that of his long suffering wife. Why she stuck it out for so long, without laying in all on the line and reading the riot act, is the true mystery. Allowing herself to either be seduced by a guy she admired or felt sorry for, was a bit much. Or actually pursuing the guy, to get the level of intimacy she wanted/needed.

The husband was a bit of a weak coward that he did nothing to actually intervene. Still, well written and I enjoyed it. Thanks again. Cheers.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion10 months ago

Very nice. Marriages take work from both partners. This is an example of it working itself out when both partners really try. One question that wasn't really answered, and maybe it shouldn't have been, was how long, when it started and when did they find the time. It was hinted at but never fully answered. The second question was what about Alex. Did they ever come face to face, they were friends before he just happened to be seduced by Catherine, and how would that go. Do friends really do that? Maybe you need a follow-up story from the viewpoint of Catherine and Alex with their narration. 5-stars from me.

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat10 months ago

Too big of a wlling cuck for my tastes. 1*

gordo12gordo1210 months ago

That was really well done. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

njlaurennjlauren10 months ago

The story is real, how someone can be selfish and forget the other person. I have known guys like the hubby who never grew up, hang out with a bunch of guys just as selfish and stupid. In this case he realized the wife had drawn away long before he found out, but he couldn't figure out why ( the character's thoughts in the opening were damn near perfect description of the man child.

A lot of people will write in here it is the wife's fault, that she should have talked to him, told him she was unhappy & while I agree that should be the first step, when someone is ignored the way she was she is human. She is not a selfish bitch,nor is it a Martian slut Ray, What you see here is why women often cheat& it isn't the sex, it is looking for someone to pay attention to them&make them feel like they are loved.

And again, while cheating is not an answer, hubby was cheating on her in so many ways, he got his rocks off partying and being with his buds and being one of the wild bunch, instead of putting it towards his wife , in a sense it is taking out of all that what he needed and forgot about her. Is the sin of adultery worse than what he did? Well , the bible sadly may not list being mindful& caring for your spouse&being emotionally there for them ( amazing how drawing pictures was considered a big deal, but not that), but I would argue emotional abandonment is just as bad, in both cases it is not caring the pain they brought on the other.

They also are a poster children for reconcilation, bc they both realize their faults, the harm they caused the other, and they actively acknowledge the hurt they caused, and resolved to change. Not a cuck tale, rather 2 ppl who lost their way& found the path back.

One of the more sane,adult pieces on here. Now Alex could have used a beat down, she may have seduced him but he could have refused and told her to talk to hubby. He knew she was vulnerable, since he knew them, and if he heard her worried could have gone to hubby and laid into him ( IRL I have done that).

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr9710 months ago

I have rarely ever seen someone try to romanticize adultery this much. You write well but reading about this poor sap bemoaning his neglect of his wife WHILE SHE WAS CHEATING ON HIM was sickening. Choosing to cheat, to betray your partner in such a crass and callous manner is just about the worst betrayal you could perpetrate on someone you claim to love. It is unfathomable to understand how someone could react like this man did.

There is nothing romantic about the act of cheating and reading about it the way you portrayed it was extremely jarring to me. It made me feel ill for this guy. It was an extremely uncomfortable read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

After reading this story, I had an unusual, twofold impression. On the one hand, the husband seems to be convinced of his wife's infidelity. But, on the other hand, in some strange way, it still seemed to me that in fact his wife and Alex did not have sex directly... I am confused... Thank you for this piece!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5* That's really a neat story - he "saw the light" just in time and they were able to reclaim what they had before. No need for vengeance; happy ending. Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

And as for most of the cheating-cuck tales, despite the standing ovation from the femdom crew, in this LW category, the low readers feedback was inevitable. Divorce is taboo and RAAC is the norm, right ?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Read the story. Loved it. Tried the potato recipe. You are a god....

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

"when someone is ignored the way she was she is human. She is not a selfish bitch,nor is it a Martian slut Ray, What you see here is why women often cheat& it isn't the sex, it is looking for someone to pay attention to them&make them feel like they are loved"

Really ??? Hilarious. If a wife is ignored, or mistreated, she has the right to first require counseling sessions and if necessary consider the divorce, so to rebuild a new life elsewhere. But she NEVER has the right, or a justification, to cheat and betray her partner. There are idiots men and idiots women: when put together in a marriage, the result can really be awful, devastant or even worse.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Calling "Mistake" suck kind of betrayal is a joke: don't try this excuse in real life, it doesn't work. The outcome can be unpredictable and really ugly.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I commend you for avoiding the sanctimonious husband wielding self righteous anger to destroy the cheater.. BUUUUT cheating is a horribly selfish act, that is only in ridiculously rare occasions justified. His level of neglect is unwise and uncaring, but cheating is orders of magnitude more devastating.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This was painful to read—too much information was delivered obtusely in an "offhand" writing style. After about fourteen repetitions, these "clueless me" revelations make the reader scream, "Okay! I get it!" Also, not every story has to discuss how a couple met. Writing is about imagery, about showing and not telling. Too much commentary to enjoy. I won't rate it because I couldn't finish it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not one person in this story the reader can like or identify with. That's a bad way to write.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The best reconciliation story I've ever read on this site. The haters look at everything in life as cuck/non-cuck. It fits with the old saying, "When you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail." Hey, chuckleheads: If the shoe fits, wear it. Keep writing them, OP!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It was probably hubby's partying but what caused it. Why didn't she confront him instead of pushing an affair.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why this has a moderate rating, I don’t understand. Well done and thanks!

26thNC26thNC10 months ago

Nothing more than an undeserved RAAC.

SexecutionerSexecutioner10 months ago

A sickening unrealistic romanticizing of betrayal and disrespect. But given that the MC had not one milliliter of testicular fortitude. But the quintessential beta/simp cuckyboy, and that's not something to laud.

In the real world, actions have consequences. But the writer (and several idiots who commented) just want to believe so hard in the RAAC aspect that it's okay to have "mistakes". Except of course if the roles were reversed.

Truly pathetic....

EdgeOfSundownEdgeOfSundown10 months ago

A cuckyboy fantasy.

So I guess now we know SA has it's share of simps. The writer in a response wrote that if a man truly loves a woman, he wouldn't destroy her. But obviously it's a one sided rule. And you know what that's called...

This story has absolutely no value at all, except to those betas who have no self respect.

KiwihunterKiwihunter10 months ago

Listen to all the misogynists squeal cry and blubber like babies because the MC was man enough to accept that there was equal blame and take the necessary steps to save himself becoming one of those wimpy little cry babies that can only think of hurting someone they love. Nothing else matters to these losers.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I liked it. He found that he was the cause of their breaking up, and decided to do something about it. Yes, she spent the night with another man (and cuckolded him), but he was able to see past it, and reclaim his wife and their marriage. He realized that he was missing the little things in life that they enjoyed together, and she still loved him, and wanted to be with him, and keep their marriage together. While she may have cheated on him with another man, he cheated on her for years by partying with the boys. It might not be the same thing, but it was driving them apart. They both were missing the romance from earlier when they were younger. What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that life does indeed get in the way sometimes.

mac1729mac172910 months ago

I thought it was a good story. It takes two to tango as they say, they both made mistakes and found their way back together

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Oh you poor bastard

parenthesisparenthesis10 months ago

Strangely realistic

..

JoshFrom53JoshFrom5310 months ago

It's a wonderful story. Anyone who thinks that he, or she can do better, proof it.

Hiram325Hiram32510 months ago

No pain for Alex?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So after she tells Alex its over you now tell her to get an STD test and show you proof before you even kiss her. After she shows you proof IF you can even get hard enough for sex with her put on a condom before you even get close. All the while you get your divorce in line and as soon as the paper work is ready you serve her on your weekend with her parents present telling them that you can o longer stay married to a cheating slut. You may have not paid enough attention or whatever but she broke her vows.

BUT... didn't he know what she was about to do and he just let her? He didn't call her out and say you do this we are done?

leofric35leofric359 months ago

Good story and well thought out. Ignore the misogynist crowd as @kiwihunter says this is quite realistic. Both made errors in the relationship and both saved it. Well done and thanks for putting your work out there.

Hiram325Hiram3259 months ago

Passive cucky BS. Alex needs a severe beatdown, Catherine is a faithless whore, not a wife. The cum gobblers apparently love dreck like this. One star only because abstention has no effect on the score.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good change of direction from the typical "whore wife" to something a lot more life like. As Mainboy pointed out in thought. All a loving woman wants is nurturing. In exchange she will tackle Hell for you.

Hiram325, suck it up.

jazzharpjazzharp9 months ago

You say you don't speak English. But you write it very well.

If you decide to add anything to this tale, it would be satisfying to see that Alex is definitely out of their life.

As you've admitted, the end could have been better (and longer). Reconciliation is absolutely warranted, and a welcome change from too many LW stories.

carvohicarvohi9 months ago

I read and enoyed it, gave you a five. I have a couple commensi.

I was pleased the guy took some responsibility for his wife's infidelity. When she realized he knew something was wrong and she immediately came clean; I thought that was the key determinant. She knew and she opened up, no excuses, no denials, no transference, just an honest admission and immediate apology. Her actions save their marriage. I agree with a few others, you ended a little abruptly, but so what.

Alas, when you crossed into the Loving Wives genre you entered shark infested waters. A lot of the

comment writers are "take no prisoners" types. I recall I took umbrage back when I started, and it continues to cost me some serious readers. You'll need a tough hide in this category. You can handle it.

carvohi

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

here is the thing. cheating is just cheating plain and simple. marriage is for 2 people and vows shouldn't be just words. and as john wick says COSEQUENCES of breaking the vows are plenty. but then it is just a story and not real life.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

that was one of the worst stories ive read... add another author to the list of pole smokers.

Helen1899Helen18997 months ago

I thought it was so much life like than most of other LW. Stories on lit. That's how lots of marriages flounder. I am glad that true love won through. Forget all the stupid anon's. who have really no idea about life 5*

lc69hunterlc69hunter7 months ago

This is reality, as opposed to what the weak little anons stroke their peckers to.

Helen1899Helen18997 months ago

Don't anons realise people make mistakes, its human nature. Not every mistake is punishable by death, some deserve forgiveness

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMainboy@Mainboy
I like a good story that is believable and well written. I read a lot and find it very irritating to have to dump a good read because of bad writing. The 'Mainboy' thing has nothing to do with my opinion of myself but rather started as a reference to an erstwhile colleague of...

SIMILAR Stories