All Comments on 'The Moment I Knew'

by xMule

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
usaretusaret3 months ago

Honest (?), but dull.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker3 months ago

Huh?? WHAT?? I don't get it. Sorry.

The BEAR

IcarusascendingIcarusascending3 months ago

Simple, but realistic

Rocky62Rocky623 months ago

That much booze = liquor dick

StrappySandalsStrappySandals3 months ago

Life sucks sometimes! You captured the true conundrum of the issue with your line "if I have to put in the work to reestablish the relationship, i'd rather do it with someone who is not a known cheater". Well done xMule!!

AZslyderAZslyder3 months ago

Reads a bit like a long obituary

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19693 months ago

"if I have to put in the work to reestablish our relationship, I'd rather work to build a brand-new relationship with someone other than a known cheater"

That reluctance to try says to me that she didn't, or never did, love him.

Would have been better to say she doesn't trust him.

lc69hunterlc69hunter3 months ago

Bachelor and bachelorette parties should be an automatic hall pass. Losing one's shit over this is just silly

imhaplessimhapless3 months ago

Weird; I can't sympathize with the MC but it's still a good story. 5*

demanderdemander3 months ago

Can't see this one. D

Chuck100Chuck1003 months ago

Ic69hunter said that he should get a pass because it was a Batchelor party. So your thinking that it is ok to cheat. Cheating changes the relationship permanently. I know because I was cheated on. The way I feel after 10 years has not changed. The Betrayal by the one person you love and cherish and lost trust just destroyed that portion of love that made the relationship special. The love between a husband wife is different than that All others once broken never the same. You never see her Best smile again! It will always be her second best smile even though outwardly it is the same. If you manage to stay together you need to create a new relationship with the person who cheated most of the time it is less intense. I love my wife but it is different from before. We have made it to this point maybe we will make it to the end. In the story they did not have kids. If I lost my wife and kids I would not have survived a year. If I did not have kids I would have moved on as well.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Little bit too rushed at the end, falling short of a complete story. Good effort though! 3.7*

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

I have no problem with the plot of the story. Cheating is cheating. My problem is how the wife handled it. She knew the end result before she went through all the motions. Why? The guy confessed right away. That should have been it, divorce, end of story.

Or was she really thinking they might get past it but found she could not. If so that was not really conveyed.

timrivtimriv3 months ago

Woman scorned, never forgives but a man cucked is supposed to suck it up and forgive. Total unfair double standard.

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

Gamblnluck nailed it. If she was absolutely a one-and-done kind of person, then she should have cut him loose immediately. As for ic69hunter's accretion that an automatic hall pass should apply, sorry dude, that's for the dating stage of relationships, not marriage. All in all, a pretty good 750 word effort.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades3 months ago

Thanks for your writing.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker603 months ago

Ooh cold. Absolute zero. I would love to see the follow up with her with an old guy, and him with a twenty-five year old hottie. That would be nice.

JAFCritic3JAFCritic33 months ago

I think this is a pretty reasonable and realistic storytelling. There’s a lot of people who have zero tolerance for cheating no matter what the circumstances are, how sorry the cheater was/is, the remorse and commitment to never do it again. Some people just cannot deal with the damage that comes from cheating and would rather cut their losses and look for something new.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Mike was the lucky one in that marriage/divorce.

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

Straight to the point. She knew immediately and acted on it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That "counsellor" should have his/her license revoked. That was an asinine comment that predictably would have increased the wife's level of resentment. Both spouses work hard in successful marital therapy.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This is crap for Mike because therapy is ALWAYS work for both parties, in some form or other, not just "mostly for one." That is not really a secret, and the therapist blew both the chance and presentation with Carla and Mike.

Even if it is mostly for one, the one that transgresses clearly has quite the burden.

Carla was not in favor of getting back together... which is her right to feel that way.

Mike is ALREADY eager to earn penance and get forgiven, it is something he wants to do, and what he needs to do will be work also. WTH was the therapist thinking?

It will also be a bit of extra WORK for Carla, because she is not in the right frame of mind.

Getting into the right frame of mind is work, right there.

That said, sure, Carla has the right to feel that whatever they can get back to will not be worth it because of how it would compare, as she imagines such a future, to what they had. She is free to not be willing to put work into the relationship.

Fine.

But THAT is exactly one of the two reasons to try therapy in this situation, to help the aggrieved person get to the point where rapprochement and forgiveness are possible

The Therapist needs help in his presentation. Mike is ready, Carla is not, and this therapist did not realize it, and/or is not the one to help her get there.

Sorry, Mike.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why would Carla have to do most of the hard work? That guy isn't a counselor, he's a quack.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It needs more explanation about the counseling to understand why it was her fault.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Counselor said she pays for his mistake, so she seeks her own counsel -- focused on trade-in rather than repair.

Pretty valid and probably true-to-life story, but the telling of it lacks emotion. Average

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was an entertaining story - NOT

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

And how many wives have there been on this site that have said “It’s just one night, it didn’t mean anything, I only love you, you love me enough to let me have this, nothing will change?” And let’s not forget the now infamous “it’s still the same old me!”

Written by a soy-boy pansy or a feminist man hater

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Real, but sad if you love someone you can forgive a drunken mistake

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Realistic. 4s

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

An extreme reverse BTB, where the cheater is the idiot sheep husband and the cheated is an agly sadistic wife that didn't give any chance to her husband, that was drunk in a typical bachelor party and did a big mistake. In the thousands of femdom cuck-raac tales posted in this LW category, the slut wife do much, much worse than that but in the end she has always to be forgiven. So, this is just a totally one-sided and unbalanced fempov tale.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

why have i not seen this said before. it is so TRUE cuts right to the heart of the matter. Thank YOU

"Honestly, Mike, if I have to put in the work to reestablish our relationship, I'd rather work to build a brand-new relationship with someone other than a known cheater. I'm sorry."

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Higly irrealistic tale, where a demented wife choose to kill their marriage for one almost unconscious, and certainly emotionless, sexual mistake made by her husband. This ruthless beast of a wife didn't give a shit about what her husband did trying to rebuild their marriage. Likely enough, with their divorce the lucky spouse was just the husband.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This tale look like a femdom men-hater tale where a bitch wife brutally destroy her husband without considering the drunken state of her husband in that one-only error, and his immediate repentance and constructive repairing actions.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer3 months ago

Yes, the story lacked an emotional involvement aspect to make it seem more personal. Oh, I agree with the outcome. Males or females, in Bachelor or Bachelorette parties have no need for strippers. A couple of generations ago, it was a novalty. Nowadays, everyone sees naked/semi naked women everywhere. Or any "cheating" that takes place is not warranted.

kirei8kirei83 months ago

Therapist was wrong. There was not enough real love between them. Staying together would have just postponed the inevitable. Next time it probably would have been her cheating.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

5 stars. Don’t expect a response from the Burn The Bitch zealots, too much for them to take in.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A drinking game led to hubby betraying his marriage vows. It shouldn't have come to that, he should've been aware, but at least he was regretful & wanted to work for forgiveness.

However, the councilor's statement that it'll take HER most of the work in repairing the marriage was unfortunate. At most, it should've been said it'll take work on both their parts. That she didn't even want to try says a lot about what & who she is. I'm not excusing her husband, but if the wife really loved him, she should at least try to forgive this 1-time thing. Comparing this to a surgeon that makes a mistake & kills the patient is as much bullshit at the councilor's statement. 2 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She's a cold-hearted bitch, but he was an idiot. Any guy who does what this clown did, will do even more and worse. She was absolutely right. Her only mistake was not destroying him financially and emotionally in the divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

They realized they weren’t in love so “let us move n”. Not that Mike wasn’t stupid to get so drunk that he had no self control but the effort they made to discover what was missing was NOT….. Also her self image was low. Mike will learn from his mistake and she will plow along trying to justify her lack of commitment to herself…….Hope Mike has some experiences that make him grow up and be a better partner.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@ic69. I firmly disagree. Such parties, when they go beyond boundaries, are despicable. When strippers, make or female, are sluts, there is no excuse for taking advantage of what is, frankly, short term prostitution.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Where is the family that nags her that she should just forgive him and that he just made a mistake, it was just sex, it’ll make the marriage stronger, she should just get over her ego?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

Bear, it's simple: She doesn't want to do the work to save their marriage, and I don't blame her.

\

Oatmeal, maybe you feel differently, but in too many stories when the wife cheats the husband feels entitled to walk rather than work on the marriage, and many support him.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Didn't read the story, but I don't like the comment left by ic69hunter. Just my opinion but once a couple goes exclusive, whether dating, engaged, married...whatever, then sex with ANYONE else STOPS! COMPLETELY! No hall passes EVER. It's never silly. It's the right...moral thing to do. Otherwise, NEVER get together with ANYONE. EVER.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I agree with her decision, however If the shoe was on the other foot, how many comments on "oh the poor fragile male ego" or we can work it out, I'm still the same person or get over yourself, this is the 21 century, or all the other B.S. double standards that are vomited out in these stories and comments.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

You always hear, "I could have gotten over it if you were drunk and it was a one time mistake". This seemed like it could have been one of those. Still a good short piece.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

She did what she should have. Male or female a cheater is a cheater. DONE !

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle3 months ago

She knew the end result before she started this and yet still made him eat shit which says more about her character than his.

He cheated. Fine, she couldn’t forgive him so she went for divorce. That’s her choice and while I disagree, I can accept it.

What bothers me is her duplicity. She led him, and us, on for the majority of the story and then dumped him. She lied when she said she loved him and honestly, he’s better off without her.

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Oh, the pro-cheating mafia has arrived!

/

4 stars for 750 format, but otherwise, somewhat underwhelming. She's female, so while the "crime" (cheating) is similar, the long term consequences for her are far less impactful than for a man. She gets to have good divorce terms, she gets to have the entire society - both males and females - cheer her as a victim (male cheating victims can rarely find even a couple of females to stand up on their side); and finding someone new for a woman is a walk in the park unlike for a man who is divorced. I simply have harder trouble empathizing with someone who lives life on "easy" mode. Not only that, but knowing the society, I bet MC would be the first to whine about "fragile male ego" and "you need to suck it up" to a male victim of cheating, like most women do.

Rolando1225Rolando12253 months ago

That's the issue with short stories. Yes, you can develop a plot and conclude a story, but there are always unfinished angles, and the characters are undeveloped. Confession and regret don't necessarily reestablish the loss of trust nor do they avoid the loss of the "magic" in a young relationship. Thanks for the story.

patilliepatillie3 months ago

Better than most 750's, but still too thin and watery of content and substance to earn a high score.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine3 months ago

Not bad. The timeline seems a bit off. They go to the party, get drunk, then fool around with the stripper. Manny leaves, tells his fiancé what’s going on, she calls Mikes wife who leaves work early so she can get home first. She’s waiting for him in the bedroom in sexy lingerie. Mike says “I'm so sorry, Carla, I can't." His voice cracked. "I'm waiting for the results of an STD test." My confusion is when did he go get a test for STD’s? Did he stumble drunk from the party to the clinic for the test on his way home?

16GaDouble16GaDouble3 months ago

That just about sums it up.

One and done.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

"Durr... I don't get it. She's awoman, so it's OK to cheat on her. It's only if she cheats, then it would be a problem." Most of the comments.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd23 months ago

Doesn't seem like there was a lot of love on either side. She was quick to bail. A few weeks and then only one counseling session and she's done and unwilling to consider a really drunken mistake. Clearly she isn't that broken up and not willing to try. Sounds like they are both better off.

26thNC26thNC3 months ago

Good story with a little flip of the sexes in an old LWmplot line. Cheating is cheating, it doesn’t matter which partner does it. Old Ic69hunter at least stays true to his cuck at any cost attitude and wants the cheating husband to get a hall pass.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

@BlueEyd2: lol, how's that any different from many of the other stories in this section where a drunk wife cheats and the husband just up and leaves with absolutely no discussion or anything? No love lost there.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous693 months ago

Another good one. Hard to get past cheating and the stupidity of doing it.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A decent effort. Tells a full story and hits the challenge correctly. I think there’s a bit more meat that can get off this bone if approached correctly. I think a decent basis for a story and a 3.8 would be most appropriate for it. Above average, but not quite good.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What a clear headed woman! 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

As it should be. Her logic is undeniable. Indeed why waste time rebuilding something, especially something that wasn't enough for one of them to prevent them from cheating, when she could use that energy cultivating a new relationship that isn't burdened with the knowledge of her partner being a proven cheater? Good girl.

In any case, there is a simple way to avoid messes like this: don't cheat. Yep, it really is that simple. Unless your agency is taken away by something like hard drugs (and they were unknowingly given to you and you didn't knowingly put yourself in a risky situation, etc), then you are still a person in control of your own actions. Thus if you cheat, you have consciously made that choice and, even if just for a moment, placed that selfish desire above your partner and your relationship, knowing full-well just how hurtful and destructive the action is. Consequently, there is no excuse and there should be no forgiveness or second chances. What's that saying? Oh yeah, something like, "an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure." Also, "you reap what you sow."

Buster2UBuster2U3 months ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for writer, because Mike goofed up and did everything he could for penance. But Manny told on him and screwed up. Strippers are bachelor parties can be a lot of fun. Too bad Mike got in trouble because Manny snitched. Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

#Buster. Yes, strippers can be fun, but when they engage in sex that's a whole different matter. Whether they charge for the sex or not is almost immaterial, although charging makes them prostitutes. Looking at strippers is one thing, but sex is something else, including oral.

JPB

willyk1212willyk12123 months ago

cheating does not pay

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"You made a one-time mistake, but it was life changing."

Yeah. It gave her the out she'd been looking for. That bitch is a cunning one. I'd bet she's been hanging the horns on her sap of a husband for quite a while.

Innocent my ass.

"I assured him I would not return."

Of course she's not coming back. She'd been hanging horn on him for quite a while before he screwed up. Now she gets to flash her victim card around, and nobody will be the wiser concerning her sneaking around.

Look beneath the bullshit veneer. That woman is a demon who's as guilty as Hell.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This is a dumb story and a bunch of stupid comments.

To equate men and women infidelity is ridiculous.

WE ARE NOT EQUAL.

The idiotic trope "What if the shoe was on the other side" is well idiotic.

This guy was entrapped and was drunk. And he was truly remorseful.

Men usually don't get propositioned by pretty girls hence they fail to react with their big heads.

It is biology.

Even a man who is deeply in love of his wife can fuck a willing slut in drunken state.

A woman who loves and respect her husband CAN'T.

In real life it would take YEARS for this Carla to find the kind of decent and loving husband like Mike.

And her biological clock might play a really bad joke on her.

She might not return but there is 90% chance she regrets it. Bigly.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Perfect, cheating is cheating regardless of who does it. There is no way to put that genie back in the bottle, best case is to try to be amicable and move on to greener pastures.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Stupid. Just another person who's part of the throwaway society

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

And then she went home, did some laundry and de scaled the dishwasher. Yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

JR

kirei8kirei8about 1 month ago

Good story, good outcome!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow! Nice writing had very good depth. The story theme fit. Kinda would have liked to have seen a reconciliation ending or a free pass thought

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I gave it 5*. I think Mike dodged a bullet in this one. Obviously this bitch was just not in love with him. I was working on out of town jobs ( D.C. down to Alabama and inland as far as Ohio) when I met my would be wife. These jobs lasted about 2 to 3 months, and if I had time before the next job, I would go visit my mom along the Carolina coast. On one of those occasions I met Donna. We seemed to be compatible, ( me being 22 and her 20 ) so I grabbed a hotel for the night. When I dropped her off at home, I find out she's not 20,but 18 and living with her mom. Well mom is a good looking woman, as she meets her on the front lawn wearing nothing but a sheer teddy and preceded to slap Donna and kick her in the Ding Ding. OMG, WHAT A BITCH! So Donna went on the road with me and we traveled for almost a year before I landed a job in our home town. I assumed I would be able to stay with my mom in order to save money, and I was wrong. My mom said she wasn't having any shackin up in house. Donna said we could stay with her mom, but that was a non starter for me, so she's at her moms and I stay on site in the company camper with the crew. That worked out, until I had to work late on a Friday. So, I finally finished and called to tell her I was on the way and her mom said she was not home. I find in a bar playing pool with some asshole, who seems to think he's on a date! I looked at Donna and asked if she's intending to fuck this guy. She was denying that was the case and she was only board and wanted to get out of the house. Well, 2 weeks later, I again had to work late, and again she was out, but this time I didn't find her. I asked the bar tender if she had been in and was informed she was but left with Gator ( the same asshole she was with 2 weeks ago). I was pretty much done! We weren't dating, any night I didn't work late ( to save money for a house for us) ,I was with her. Apparently that wasn't enough. I called her the next day and asked her if she had fun fucking Gator last night and she said she didn't fuck him, he just wanted to eat her pussy!!! I called her a lier and told her we were done.

About a month later, the job was done and the crew had all gone home. I was still there ( being the only single guy on the crew) to wrap up the camper and move it to the next job and get it set up, as the would meet me there Monday morning. I was surprised to hear a knock at the door about 11pm. It was Donna, who was crying and trying to hug me. Being an obnoxious ass, I asked her what the fuck she wanted. She blurted out she had been raped while trying to catch a ride there. I'm not a totally heartless guy, so I invited her in to talk. I did love her before she fucked up and couldn't deal with leaving her behind to get raped or even killed in the future, so we came to an understanding that night and have been together for 39 years now and to the best of my knowledge, she's never fucked around on me again.

So you see, people can learn from their mistakes!

J.T.

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

So true

Cheaters are caught and extreme work to get back trust.

Without it no marriage

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

@anon: MIKE??? MIKE dodged a bullet??? Are you fucking serious???

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userxMule@xMule
🤔 . Favorite Lit quote so far: "For the assholes, I Googled 'gives a fuck.' My name wasn't on the list." - @blackrandl1958 . The part you feel is missing from a 750 word story starts at word 751. You and I or You and Me: Which Is Correct? https://www.grammarbook.com/blog/prono...

SIMILAR Stories