All Comments on 'The Most Dangerous Man in the Room'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 3 years ago

Great read.... as usual. Actually had a certain lightness to it. Which is not the usual for this kind of subject. . Thanks.

Please keep submitting for our pleasure.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

"Sometimes you get lonely." - Isn't that the same excuse his wife might make? Would he accept it from her?

/

Very nice. I guess you could call this an STB - Singe The Bastard.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Excellent, well-written with a particularly good plot line! Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't know why but I didn't like this story. It's a good story and well written with no typo's or gramma issues that I spotted. I think that it's possibly that it feels to cold and lacking in any emotion between the characters. Jasmine doesn't seem at all upset that Jimmy had been cheating on her and Jimmy didn't seem to moved by his loss when he was served with the divorce papers.

Lector77Lector77about 3 years ago
Good

but not as good as some of your others. Suffers from slipshod editing, or just not enough.

What does this mean? "Seems like flocked to like. "

G5902G5902about 3 years ago

I was happy to see that you were part of this story group because I knew you would share a great story! This is a fun little story!!!

cybojicybojiabout 3 years ago
Huge fan

I gave it a 4, seemed hurried and lacked your usual human element that makes you stand out from other writers. Still a fan tho.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

I have to agree with the others that this wasn't up to your usual standards. It's probably just due to the short length, which drastically limits character development. A lot happened, but it seemed more like the outline to a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
why would carly marry?

After he tells her the entire story of his cheating why would Carly marry this guy? They appear to have nothing in common and just because daddy would kill him why take the risk? Also, she was written as being pretty hot so I wonder why she is single?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I never cease to be amazed that there are still new and interesting ways to tell a story like this. It’s good to read something new that you’ve written. Thanks.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 3 years ago

This was simply a wonderful little story.

Full marks.

Bebop3Bebop3about 3 years ago

Excellent story, sir. The day is always a bit brighter when there's a new QHML1 story.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Yes a lighter tale

But still of a rarely seen quality. Excellent thank you.

GladstonGlieseGladstonGlieseabout 3 years ago
I'm just curious

You didn't explain why his wife was so vehemently opposed to getting a cabin. Just wondered why you included that line when it didn't lead to anywhere.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
This is better than some of the recent

comments allow. I think many have come to expect 5+ stories from you, and they are "disappointed when it's only a 5.

BTW, "vagrancy"....these statutes have mostly been struck down on Constitutional grounds, and there would be no possible application of any such statute in the situation described in the story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

The husband probably got what he deserved. However, I don't feel much sympathy for the first wife!

5

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Surprised that everyone landed on their feet, but pleasantly so. If the roles were reversed, we'd definitely be clamouring for Jimmy to get his ass burned some more and not just pixellated, but I guess he learned his lesson. Also surprised Jasmine still reads his books, that woman really holds no grudges.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Archtypes

All the characters were rather cold besides Carly. For instance Jasmin had 3 cars and her husband wasn't allowed to drive them? Seems very standoffish like she had a foot out the door before she even knew he was scum. Jimmy did not have a clue even though he was knee deep in dangerous territory for 3 whole years? But otherwise entertaining.

scassettscassettabout 3 years ago

The name change for the wife/ex-wife a third of the way through is pretty jarring.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Very funny, loved it.

RSKY54RSKY54about 3 years ago
Who is the wife?

Was the wife's name Christy or Jasmine?

Other than that a great story 5*!

RSKY

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE RESTAURANT CONFRONTATION..........................................

When Jimmy explained the situation to his girlfriend, he might not have recognized the man his wife was with but his girlfriend being married to him, you'd think she'd recognize her own husband and said something about it. Other than that bit of contrivance, not a bad story. I suppose a bit of rehabilitation is ok sometimes. I have to agree with commenter that mentioned what a horrific cunt the first wife was for having 3 cars and not letting her husband drive them. She was obviously not that endearing a person.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago
Uncomfortable

Because I’m male, it was a difficult read. But it was a helluva story. Had I been he, the horse thing would have been too far. I’d have been tempted to check my scope and go looking for her after that one then die happy with my revenge. Never marry up except in terms of looks and maybe not that. Remember the admonition of Kid Creole and the Coconuts.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Loved it. Great story

njlaurennjlaurenabout 3 years ago
Another great tale

Well written and fun. Jimmy does grow up, maybe his problem was being w his first wife he really didn't have to grow up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another good story

But I SO wanted Jimmy to get smart and fuck up James, Jasmine and her Father. Old money and connections are no match for low down and back stabbing. I wonder how James and Jasmine would do, naked, in the swamp and being chased by the critters therein?

xiluaxiluaabout 3 years ago
Christy to Jasmine

Ugh..don't you hate it when no one in the editing process notices the name change.

OK story, no much perspective about/from Christy/Jasmine at the first stage of discovery. Kind of flat characters.

4****

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

Thats was a fun one. Thanks

Now can I throw in a comment to show how utterly stupid some neanderthal readers are?

Good this is it... "See every husband is just a cheater waiting for the chance to cheat, thats all every husband does in the end, cheat"

Yes replace the word "husband:" with "wife" and thats the stupid we get from some comments.Some anons need to relax here some days.

eightytuneseightytunesabout 3 years ago

He grew up finally. Jasmine got the family she wanted that she couldn't get with Jimmy. And, yes, he redeemed himself…. Thank you for your revealing of your history of cheaters, and that your stories are from memories. It is touching that you would tell us a little about yourself, Q. The way it ended was a plus. 5 STARS.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Loved it! I feel privileged to get two of your stories in such short order. 5*

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 3 years ago

She wouldn't 'allow' him to drive her cars?? No wonder he didn't see himself as her partner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very cold characters, a good story

Appreciate very good writers

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 3 years ago

“Creeps up on you” comedy, I laughed more than once.

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

hilarious story loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good story. It’s not often that these stories are written about cheating husbands, so this was a refreshing change.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

While I usually like your tales, this one had all the emotion of a turnip.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Great story. My favorite character was Carpet, the snake girl. Old Jim better keep watching his six for a while yet.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

very good, could of developed it a little more, however will score well

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsabout 3 years ago

Not quite up to your usual standards. The characters were a little two dimensional....

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Oh, a good lawyer and then someone is in doo doo for falsifying no fly orders and whoever fed them blatantly false info.... even for a piece of shit cheater

LwcbyLwcbyabout 3 years ago

I really liked it, I never cheated in my practice runs either. By the way, you don’t have to marry them for them to be able to fuck your world up. Just keep a lot of cash at home put them as a co-signer on your bank account, go out of town for a few days and poof, you’re broke. When it’s your offseason and you live on your savings for several months until it’s time to do more taxes, you are horse fucked!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So he was a piece of shit as a first husband, but then became a great guy and a talented writer as the second husband. Guess next he'll break the bank at Las Vegas.

And yet he was so charming, fucking married women around the country. And he was smart enough to seek expert advice to make his stories make sense. That character trait is Really out of place in this story. But words are so easy to type. And who really cares, since nobody is buying it?

So it was a puzzling plot. A really poor shitty stupid man somehow dated and married a really wealthy intelligent good woman who was bamboozled by said shitty man until someone else alerted her to the reality that she was married to a piece of shit?

Look up the words "discernment," "perceptive," "instinct," and "intuitive." When you create characters that are supposed to be intelligent yet gullible, virtuous yet ignorant of evil, you just make the character and yourself look silly.

But I'm glad everyone lived happily ever after, even if their previous choices and behaviors made no sense whatsoever.

Thanks for the effort.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 3 years ago

hmm this seemed off for u and a lot of errors i never seen from u before. the biggest one is his first wife Christy Lunsford turned into Jasmine. i liked that it was diff but i didnt get emotion out of it. that might be bc the MC was the asshole

ErotFanErotFanabout 3 years ago

In the final meeting, I think Carley was the most dangerous person in the room. Too bad no one realized it.

Ravey19Ravey19about 3 years ago
Overall Good

A couple of issues; Christy's name change to Jasmine and an apparent mishap in the restaurant in Seattle where his mistress doesn't know her husband is there, or have I mispread that bit.

Otherwise, considering only 2 pages there's a lot of detail but in 2 pages it does make a plot thin on the ground at times. Very enjoyable, loved Carly and her no nonsense attitude to pythons ( and any philanderer ) and despite Jimmy being a cheater he has learned his lesson, whether from fear or love, and HEA, even if the second time.

5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Fucked

I don’t read stories like this. This story is crap written by a useless person ( you must be a woman to write this kind of shit) Funny. Not really. Too bad he didn’t pull a pistol at the table and blow both of them away. No worries any more. Go to jail do not pass go.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I much enjoyed break from the misogynistic fervor women-cheating tales. And shows how revenge can be/should be fleeting. Letting the offender have a chance to get life on track. A lot of nice POV and tongue-in-cheekiness.

mogulsmokemogulsmokeabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed it very much as it gave us two sides to the story line... Men will never learn, and I am one of them.

SignedBTWSignedBTWabout 3 years ago

Well, Now

Turn about is fair play. I have to say there is no doubt who the most dangerous one in the room was and it wasn't a man. A hot, hard loving woman with a long gun, it doesn't get much better than that. Don't know that he deserved her but I have a pretty good idea what will happen if it turns out he doesn't. Signed: BTW

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

***Entertaining read. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nicely done! I have always liked your work.

What a coincidence! I too got it right in three!!!! Problem is I won't have 38 years, unless both of us set some serious longevity records; but I just thank God for the days we've had and the ones to come.

Be well and happy,

Paul

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 3 years ago

REFRESHING!

Turnabout finally arrives!!!

Thanks for that...

NitpicNitpicalmost 3 years ago
Looking

Looking at the date,the author is not writing to the standard of earlier years.

BeauReadyBeauReadyalmost 3 years ago
Good Horse...

... piling the shit higher and deeper. And so, the rich just get richer, they're still above the law and own/control everybody - from congressmen and senators to judges to cops to janitors. They do whatever they want, and have done to others whatever they want.

And oh, they are such loving and beautiful people and perfect parents!!

Uhmmm - my experience is I've never found more ugly, inhuman, petty, vile, unprincipled, backstabbing, cowardly, misogynistic, disgusting excuses for humanity - easily on par with fascist Nazis.

But that's just me.

See you in the Bayou!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not up to your usual standards. Get a better editor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"You're a pretty decent writer, but every book has the same plot."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So Abby saw her husband James in the restaurant but couldn't recognize him?? And skipped out only when Jimmy recognized Jasmine?? Hmmmmmmm.

Davester37Davester37almost 3 years ago

I enjoyed this little tale a lot, just as I always do. It doesn’t have to be an epic novel to be fun! As always, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

I think this is about the only cheating husband story I have read on LIT and its been 3-4 years. Good story and he deserved what he got. Of course I like the BTB stories cause I was married to one of those until she started looking for other guys, that was 40 years ago. It still bothers me how she turned my girls against me, even my best friend from high school. Oh well. I had a long and mostly good marriage for 40 years after that until my wife passed.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Great read. All cheaters deserve to be BURNED!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on, there seem to be errors of grammar that I can't figure out coming from such a good writer. Christi/Jasmine, who? This writer seems to create an expensive item and put a cheap widget on it. What was the look in James' eyes when he saw her ex? Somebody fucked up this yarn. A 4 that should be a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Piece o shit

Just like the author

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 2 years ago
Congratulations

Congratulations 👏 on the 38+ years.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You never know WHO is dangerous. Watch your back Jack.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

That was fun. This author often has random breaks in storyline and tense but its still fun to read his tales

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The question I first had , was how faithful was Jasmine when he was promoting his books out of town? Surely, she had all kinds of opportunities with those high powered guys she was dealing with, and from the read of it, it doesn't look like he really cared that much, if at all. Frankly, I thought ' James' about as dumb as they come for being a writer. Why would he think, act, and go about, like she was done getting even. Maybe she was getting him before he found out about her? If blondly was her 'recent' husband, where did Tiffany come from? I don't think the 18 months thing is true. Good job. Keep writing.

XYZ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok. Not a bad story. It is interesting when the guy cheats, cause that isn’t usually portrayed in Literotica. And I do enjoy the woman getting revenge. Cheating is cheating. The one thing about this story tho, is it was pretty straight forward. None of this BS, about how the husband is going to keep his girlfriends, and wifey will have to deal with it, or lose all her stuff in the divorce. Thanks for keeping it real!

5 stars.

anubeloreanubeloreabout 2 years ago

How did he withdraw from his account if "my account was frozen"? A frozen account, by definition, cannot be withdrawn from. Just bugged me. Otherwise, enjoyable story. The abuse of government power and resources, and use of "anti-terror" (translation: flagrantly unconstitutional and despicable) powers didn't thrill me, but that's me. Or maybe I just can't imagine the government ever doing something not evil...I don't know. But I still liked the story. I was actually pleased that the cheater managed to do pull his head from his anus and marry a woman he knew he didn't deserve, but do right by her, this time. Maybe because it was short enough I didn't have time to start hating him. Who knows. 5*

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Got to love the Everglades.

Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for a different take on cheating...from a guy's point of view. You never see any stories written that way. Always the women are cheating, and can even be said in your story here, as the guy is out with several cheating wives (4).

Thanks for a great story, and a good enjoyable read. I'd do like others and how this or that was done, but I'd rather not, and just enjoy the story for the stories sake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah that one threw me too, for a bit. His wife started out as Christi, and later he started calling her Jasmine. Huh? Is Q deliberately trying to confuse the hell out of his readers? He did me, for a minute. I had to go back to the beginning to make sure I read it right. Oh well, even Nolan Ryan didn’t throw a no-hitter every time out. Still a pretty good story though. Although I do think Jimmy should have gotten himself a pistol, it might have dissuaded his ex-wife’s boyfriend from some of those pranks, like tying him up on a horse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A bit of comeuppance for the smug cowards who believe themselves entitled to arrange an ambush by a group of assailants would have been nice. If you want to met out punishment, do it as a fair fight.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Shit

What a piece of shit. I don’t know why you pulled that out of your ass it you should shove it back in

rruymannrruymannalmost 2 years ago

Not up to your usual standards

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another good story, but sometimes the most dangerous guy is the one whose ego has been shattered. He's the one that shoots you in the back when you least expect it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The mistakes got it to a 4 stars, but it wasn’t hard to read. I’m about ⅓ of the way through Literotica,

Retired & an avid reader I read about 12 hours a day. A fun read!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Mixed feelings about this one. Jasmine is too smart for her own good. She think that $ will get her anything. She is delusional.

Carly is a very strong woman with no fear. She will protect what she considers hers and don't mess with her, money or not.

3*

BJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are a very good author. I believe I've read every one of your stories on literotics. And never a regret in what I've read.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another good story. But in another ending it would have been interesting to see the writer be the most dangerous man in the room (having played dumb for everyone) and have turned the tables on James and his ex-wife. Sometimes a double twist will work.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Love a repentant love story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I did not like his pompous old money better than thou x wife. he was lucky to get rid of her

Did you notice in the story how the affluent think they have the right to punish other people?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One more comment. The ex-wife and her family did illegal and criminal acts. In your world they felt it was their right and got away with it. Glad I don't live there, what a terrible place! Oh I forgot if he's a good boy she'll give him a car for his birthday LOL!! There was no real marriage from the start. Her real husband was her trust funds and possessions.

LIKE I SAID BEFORE HE WAS LUKY TO GET AWAY FROM HER AND HER FAMILY.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Please give us chapter 2, where the old money, rich entitled elitists get treated the way they treat others! If you don't kidnap and torture at least take all there stuff and power away!

That would be a new and interesting story. Might be hard to come up with a believable plot.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Really a two but I gave it a three for no other reason than your other writings.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not one of your best - in fact nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Clearly you got a bug up your ass - even after 38 years! Typical of women. The can never let go of the past - constantly living and re-living it. Grow up!

FireFox59FireFox599 months ago

I really don't see why people don't seem to like this story. I thought it was interesting and well done.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just don't know how you writers always manage to make the one cheated on seem like they deserved it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Told from a different perspective a bit light on character development but still a good read. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Yee Haa!

A story on Literotica about one guy face down in an ass and nothing sexual about it… Amazing…

luv it Q. On to da next.

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger9 months ago

I always enjoy your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

There is a point to where you push someone too far.

When Jasmine set him up, and burned him. Jasmine and her cohorts did burn him pretty darn good, inflicting some horrendous damage to his finances and his ego. They always had a "boot on his neck", controlling him, even in the beginning. They gave him enough rope to hang himself for the most part. Looks like Daddy and his think tank had a play in this.

There is a point where you do it too much and you turn that person into a monster. They screwed with him pretty good, forcing him to see the dark side of life, and live that darker side. He learned how to live under the radar. This is DANGEROUS, especially if he meets the right type of people, and gets the desire to retaliate.

In this case, the pushing continued after the divorce, for a parting shot. They struck at his ego. They had him at a point where he was constantly looking over his shoulder. He was now dangerous. He also had reason to retaliate.

Worse is that the MC got back on his feet after, with the new found abilities that money can give. Money, desire for revenge, and a target. How dirty would the revenge go? Makes for a good story, eh?

IMHO this was a burn gone too far.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

"I just don't understand how you writers can always make the cheated person seem like they deserve it."

Everything is relative. There is a point of view where the cheated spouse is to blame for everything, because them chose/accepted a spouse with a weak personality.

NitpicNitpic24 days ago
Being

Being an author and from personal experience,why didn't he write a novel highlighting the dirty tricks of the alphabet agencies?.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Stupid games win stupid prizes. For everyone. The most dangerous man is the one who doesn't care any more. Jasmines new husband will get them both killed. Continuing to fuck with asshole Jimmy after the divorce may push him into a place where he does Very Bad Things. Anyone can become a true monster, just keep fucking with them enough.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

The author says at the end "Yes, he was a cheating asshole. Did he redeem himself? That's your call." He did pay some kind of price so was punished to some degree but that doesn't mean he was redeemed. Had he somehow been able to get his ex wife to take him back.. that would have been redemption. But they both moved on so no he was not redeemed.

He (supposedly) would not have had to redeem himself for anything to his new wife.

Nice 5 star story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories