All Comments on 'The Music Of My Life'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 265 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He did more for Ken than I would have done. He also burnt his so called buddy in a way that hurt him more than if it was physical which was well done, and that he had the clout that he was listened to. I feel it would have been nice to have a paragraph just to wrap up the end so we found out if he had the wife and life he always wanted when he was with Ken at the start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Some people like Kennedy are just self destructive. Knew a girl in college like that. As freshmen I was infatuated with her and look out for her at parties and got her out of some dangerous situations. From her side I was just a friend. Thankfully i got over my infatuation and moved on. Soon we drifted other than mutual acquainces. Eventually she was addicted to crack and doing gangbangs and died of some disease. I didn't know the details. By then I had my doctorate, was married to the love of my life and soon to have my first child. I don't even think she made it to 30. Sad. Can't even imagine the sorrow and pain for someone who loved her as she spiraled out of control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Oldwit - some guys may not have the technique or patience but I would be very disappointed in myself if I couldn't top 5 times (sometimes double that). It helps to care about your woman.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why didnt he fight the charges the drugs were not there his prints were not on it. The cops should know a set up they were tipped off l. He should have walked help her hardly and as far as the guy who set him up he hurt him but not enough

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I gave my last girlfriend 4 good orgasms and was going for a 5th when she stopped me. I was 74 years old. 5 orgasms not a fantasy.

ThebiffThebiffover 1 year ago

Beautiful story

vanyevanyeover 1 year ago

What was the point of the priest as the opening framing device, instead of using the wife, or something?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He was wiser at 15 years old than he was as an adult. Also, his father better have corrected his mom’s thinking!

ZK

btrying_2btrying_2over 1 year ago

Loved the story. I am OK with him taking her back. I am good with the way he dumps her when she screws up. That he is concerned about her getting clean is in character for him. Not taking her as a lover is also in character. The one - off sex is confusing to me but makes sense from the story. I too think a transition from the Priests intervention to sober MC seems to have been edited out or accidentally dropped. I think this caused me to lose the timeline of what was post Kens death and prior. But that is just a minor blip in an amazing story of a tumultuous and very sad love story. Thanks for sharing. John.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I kept waiting with bated breath for the bit to resurface about when he was a hopeless drunk badly in need of some priestly counsel. I am still waiting.

After reading this story I think there is something wrong with my phone. I only get a caller ID displayed if the caller is already in my contacts on my phone. But twice in this story the callee got a caller ID the very first time any contact was made.

Oh yeah. Still a good story.

slowhand21slowhand21over 1 year ago

It is INSANELY unforgivable that she conspired with Jimmy to put him in prison for a year and a half. Jimmy should have been unable to play anything and walk without a limp for the rest of his miserable life.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

So many negative comments listed here. Commenters need to understand this writer specializes in weak , easily manipulated wimpy male main characters. Once you get this no surprises. Sure everybody the world over would easily remain friends with somebody that got them a felony record and two yrs in the joint. Happens all the time. After you get past this idea, and become comfy with idiotic mc, then it finished sort of ok, kind of like a dinner that comes back on you later.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story, Great ending. Thanks for your writing.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 1 year ago

Chelsea has two sets of grandparents that will be thrilled to meet her.

dawg997dawg997over 1 year ago

Another great story from one of the best writers on Literotica, Hooked57.

Thanks!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

So many ups and downs, but it all worked out in the end. Needless to say, that was a very strange relationship Bobby and Kennedy had. I'm thinking that Bobby was too forgiving, with both Kennedy and especially Jimmy. Guess getting him black balled was better than nothing. Loved the story and the happy ending. Gets five stars from me. Thanks

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 year ago

Bobby was a chump, sorry but its true. I just can't feel sorry for him after the first time. Kennedy was mentally ill and enabled by everyone around her, especially Bobby. Too sad.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

When it comes to love and sex some of us are naïve, I think the word is. We are born some of us have family, you know, a mother and a father and maybe some siblings. Others are born but there is no father around, so things are a bi different. Our MC (due to our author) was made to be a conservative guy, even back in HS. He'd been with his girl since forever. Then she wants a time out to go to the Jr. Prom with somebody else. Nope our MC says no time outs no hall pass not temp boy friend just for the prom. Our MC has scruples and a sense of right and wrong. But our poor MC was in love and the heart knows what it wants, regardless of the minefield down the road. Good story, second time.

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTabout 1 year ago

Mezmerizing .. some things are just not meant to be, and often do we see or hear something and ask: Why did it have to turn out THAT way ....

Thank you for this Story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

🤣🤣🤣 dirtball

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

KENNEDY WAS A TOXIC SELFISH BITCH!!

HIS FAMILY ESP. THE BITCH MOTHER SHOULD STOP INTERFERING

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

CUCK BOBBY'S ADDICTION TO A DRUGGIE KENNEDY IS VOMIT-INDUCING!!

HE IS A DEDPERATE LOSER FOR A DRUG ADDICTED SEX CRAZED SLUT!! HE DID NOT EVRN HAVE THE BALLS TO GET SOME PAYBACK KN JIMMY AFTER THE DRUG BUST!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

"I'm sorry, Bobby. This is completely on me," she said. "I ruined us... twice. I was hoping, though..."

-

Twice? How does she figure?

Junior prom when they were boyfriend and girlfriend. One.

Party where she fucked Mike - if not more. Two.

She fucked Jimmy. Three.

She helped Jimmy set him up and send him to prison (yes, I count that separate to cheating on him). Four.

Not sure if I count *continuing* to fuck Jimmy and getting pregnant by him should be Five.

-

I'm kind of glad he didn't help her in the end for *her* but rather for her parents.

Would have been interesting to find out what his father thought about his mother thinking dating someone when you're with someone else isn't a deal breaker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love the "What, no Traci?" down below, made me smile.

Really good story about a life. Some things are hard to predict and control, and our Hero got some of what he needed, throughout his life. This reminds me a bit of "Tangled up in Blue," in that life throws you curves, people make mistakes, you are not always in control, or even completely rational.

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I thoroughly enjoyed the story, But I felt that you had so much more unwritten and untold in this story.Thank you.

argomez99argomez99about 1 year ago

The initial funeral drunken grief episode served as a great hook, but really didn't fit the story, neither for Kennedy nor Bobby's narrative. 4star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loved it all. Thought one missing piece " broken bridge hand". But I suppose ruining his career made up for that.

Your romance stories have more substance, this was more in that flavour.

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 1 year ago

[17.05.23]

A wonderful story of 'doomed love', I almost cried a couple of times.

I would like a follow-up with her half-sister.

11/10!!!!!

StubbyoneStubbyone12 months ago

This story evoked a lot of emotion. Good character development. Unfortunately you can’t control who you fall for. Unless you’ve been in this situation it’s difficult to appreciate the feelings.he had for her. It’s as difficult an addiction as any drug. You find yourself accepting or forgiving behavior that no sane person would or should !! Your story got pretty wordy in places and I found myself skimming a fair amount. Still, very well written and a tear stained 5-😊😊😊😊😊’s

FD45FD4512 months ago

Wait…what about the priest?

IndyOnIndyOn11 months ago

The priest getting him at the liquor store actually didn't fit with the rest of the story as later on after her death you said Bobby threw himself into his work, never mentioning the drunk run or the priest again?? We also needed to hear some revenge on the two bass players and their bands....at least after he left the bands they fell apart? And lastly the story was very good with a great build-up to the "end" which should have gone a few more chapters or at least had an epilog? Still a *5*

KaeyoKaeyo11 months ago

This feels like a movie where the power goes off with 15 minutes left. It needs a definite ending.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson11 months ago

I loved the basic story but having your framing device crash and burn like that (what, was Father Ron just a hallucination brought about by his drinking?) is really bad writing. Writing is more than just constructing sentences, it's also constructing a story, establishing themes, symbolism, etc.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

That was nice, except for Kennedy and the ensuing "abuse" to the MC's feelings for her.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Another good story spoiled by plot inconsistencies in this case the priest who disappeared at the end. If you have anyone you use as an editor, proofreader then they are goofing off. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Geez. Guess Kennedy never heard of birth control. Wtf? Well she was a stoned out or drugged out narcissist diva. So if the shoe fits, I guess. Karmic twist at end was pretty cool.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sweetwater engineer? Did you know Chuck well?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, interesting view of the music business. Didnt give 2 tats turds for kennedy. Glad someone got their comeuppance, to me she didnt deserve the 3rd chance he gave her and god or karma agreed w/ me. There was something, pregnant pause, some disconnect that didnt tie in his grief at the funeral w/ his new family. rk

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What a strange Odyssey for of straight conservative musician. (Kinda like 'Alice in Wonderland')

Nice he was able to survive the 'Rabbit Hole!'.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story from a wonderful writer!

Torsini71Torsini717 months ago

Wow, loved it! Instant favorite!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo6 months ago

I think I read it before. Parts seemed to ring a bell. But if I did, I didn't give it any stars and I don't know why I wouldn't unless it was before I ever registered and so did it anonymously. And having thought that, I think that must be what happened, because this is definitely a 5 star story. But man! How could any man do what he did after she admitted setting him up to go to jail so she could indulge her coke habit! He wasn't a saint. He was an alien. A not-of-this-world bona fide alien! And still a 5 star story.

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

A great story with some ups and downs. Kennedy was a slut but you just had to accept her as that to make the story work. Also a great ending.

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa5 months ago

Really loved this story. Amazing story.

Jlyn1Jlyn15 months ago

Wonderful story. It hit me where it hurts at times, but in the end, it left me with a smile. 😉

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright4 months ago

Damn that terrible! Everywhere he went that bitch would track him down!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wonderful story, but I wish that he’d introduced his daughter to kennedy’s parents in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I loved it, well written nice twists!

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

A happy ending! A great read and storyline. Thank you.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Really, really well done!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I enjoy reading many of your tales but occasionally one stands out, like this one! A couple of others are 'When One Door Closes . . . and 'Second Hand Barbie'. Thanks Hooked - 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I liked the story but you screwed up part. The beginning had him being drunk for a month, meeting a priest, and drinking coffee. The girl died her parents wanted him to keep in touch and his music was his salvation. What happened to the priest and the coffee. Did he put something in the coffee perform a miracle or what. Either skip the booze and the priest at the start or put it back in after the girl died.

underdog1underdog1about 2 months ago

This has the potential to be a movie, no BS. Excellent story sir, I'm sure this is closer to reality than people realize. Thanks for putiing pen to paper.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

@stubbyone 10 months ago wrote: “Unfortunately you can’t control who you fall for.”

/

Of course you can! That’s one of the things that separates humans from animals. We can control our emotions. We can choose who to love. If love isn’t a choice, then it has NO VALUE!

/

ZK

StruckwrongStruckwrongabout 2 months ago

LOL all he had to do was not be an absolute idiot several times.

That's what letting yourself be played again and again amounts to.

He got to enjoy his half life I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hooked1957 went from an author with a good sense of self worth to someone chocking on a pole covered with shit and cum that was just in a dirty asshole, while others pee on this once human being after a long night of fluffing whatever hole or pole is in front.

How can you live with yourself? This is what you have stooped to writing about? Maybe you've swallowed too much diseased cum and it finally went into your brain. Maybe your grey matter is actually rotting cum. It would make perfect sense considering this submission.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I really liked it and give it 4.5 stars. Nice little story, maybe even a movie of the week kind of deal. I know there's a few stories in the pages of Lit that could be movie material.

Thanks for sharing it with us, it was good.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

You confused the story line. She dies, he is a drunk for a month, then starts to relate his story to a priest, then you don’t go back to that part of the story, he just suddenly writes a hit song.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

I wish Anonymous of 22 days ago would tell us what they really think. Really hate when they beat around the bush.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

Kennedy conspiring with Jimmy to frame him and put him in jail for 18 months is beyond the pale. After that there could be no relationship, no understanding, no (temporary) reconciliation, just pure animosity and hostility (and some simple and effective payback for Jimmy.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

I'm with anon of 6 days ago. Some folks should NEVER be allowed within 500 foot of a keyboard. Thanks Hooked.

somewhere east of Omaha

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreener13 days ago

It took a while to get there, but you did and really made a nice story out of this. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

SIMILAR Stories