All Comments on 'The Music Of My Life'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 263 Comments
Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 2 years ago

It's almost like 2 stories. He starts off drunk for a month after the funeral, talks to the priest and somehow lives happily ever after with Donna.

Did you forget to post a page?

I enjoyed the story as a whole, but I'm obviously missing something here.

EZ8ltEZ8ltalmost 2 years ago

Meh, he was an idiot wimp to take her back twice, and only later he finds out how shit she was to him. It's just a sad story throughout.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Man are you going to get roasted. Personally, I thought it was lovely. My only criticism is the failure to include the scene where Donna checked to make sure Bobby still had balls or if Kennedy permanently removed them. Hey, it's a valid concern for a lady.

Sorry, I am just kidding. I did love it but I had to get one shot on there. :)

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 2 years ago

OK, he’s a good guy. And LW has lots of stories of taking women back after infidelity. But after framing you for prison? Please. And all the guys who screwed him over walk away? Pretty sad story, actually.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Great tale…really wish you had given us a short happy ever after epilogue though. Seriously thanks for another fun journey.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That bored me.

You've lost it.

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

very sad story.

unfortunately some people never manage to have control over their lives.

No matter what or how, their lives slip and escape away from them without being able to hold it back.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Good interesting story, although end was very predictable as soon as Chelsea came up.

FredHuckFredHuckalmost 2 years ago

What a great story and even better story telling...

Even though this story is complex the way you smoothly spin this yarn it is easy to follow and enjoyable reading.

5🌟

Fred

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One minute he's sad as shit then BAM all is good. 2* obviously

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

That’s a very good story. Mostly sad, but with a recovery. There may have been millions like Kennedy, but probably only a handful had a Bobby in her life. She really did a number on him. Mike was an avoidable mistake. Jimmy, otoh, was a cold set of events.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant! You are getting better and better. A true oasis in what has become the desert of loving wives. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I have to agree with the last commenter, the MC went from giving his life story to a priest, to happy ever after. I was kind of expecting a surprise at the end where the woman he burred and was distraught about was Donna and not his ex.

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

There's a complete disconnect here, as I'm sure others will be so happy to point out. Where'd that hopeless drunk go that was talking to Father Ron? It was a very interesting start, and I think the writer here simply lost him in the ensuing tale. BUT, the writing and the story after were very interesting, too, no doubt inspired by several of QHML's stories. This is a 9 on a 10 star scale, just because of that disconnect.

cordialddcordialddalmost 2 years ago

Yeah the tieback to the priest visit didn't happen but I had forgotten it by the end. Nice job, likable lead character maybe his response to the prison stint was benign. Thank you. 5*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

"All because I loved her, and she loved me back." - No, she DIDN'T love you back, pr else she wouldn't treat you like she did.

\

"You don't have to run in and rescue me like a knight in shining armor!" - That's when you dump her.

\

"I drove us to Olive Garden. After all, she didn't deserve good Italian." - I LOVE this! I can never understand how these stories treat Olive Garden and Red Lobster like they're something special.

\

"I made a mistake, one mistake, and you left me?" -It wasn't just "one mistake." Even forgetting the high school crap, it was her doing drugs and treating him like HE was the bad guy over it.

\

He stayed with her after he got busted for what were obviously her drugs, if not Jimmy's, which would still be her fault since it was her involvement with Jimmy that led to him planting the drugs and tipping off the police.

\

"Jimmy didn't want her. Said he enjoyed knocking up your woman, but didn't want to raise any kid." - And she just went along with the asshole?

\

"I'm working at a McDonald's. That's how I'm doing, Bobby," she spat at me. - Don't take it out on him, you did it to yourself, fucked him up along the way.

\

"Call me a chump." - You're a chump! This is the cunt that cheated on you, helped her boyfriend set you up for a drug bust.

\

I was going to make my usual comment about back story, but decided that it worked here in setting up her character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

sorry but the part were he, out of the blue waited (for no given or logic reason) for those two weedheads to come out of the room, guide them away ... only to fuck one of them (again why since there was no real emotional or even carnal connection - shit he maybe even risked rape allegations) made completely no sense and threw me of for the remainder of the story

other2other1other2other1almost 2 years ago

Loved it, well done!

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

This was a great story. Kinda fairy tale, but great anyway. D

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 2 years ago

Great story! I got uncomfortable a few times but that's why the story meshed. I 've been reading this authors stories over the past two weeks and now include his as one of my favorite authors. 5* without question.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"She didn't care if you loved her or hated her, as long as she got what she wanted from you. It was better if you hated her, because then she would just use you for a while and toss you away. It was much worse if you loved her, because then she would heap all sorts of abuse and indignities upon you until there was nothing left, finally crushing you under her boot heel like a spent cigarette butt.

Of course, then there was me. I loved her and she loved me back, so she kept telling me, and I got the ultimate indignity of being crushed over and over again, like a cat with nine lives losing one every so often. All because I loved her, and she loved me back."

Classic description of a toxic abusive relationship between an Addict Narcissist and their codependent

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really good tale Hooked, always envy a good writer.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this a lot, but am also confused. What happened to the priest?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was essentially a re telling of Forrest Gump with some obvious re jiggering and modernization. At the very least when Forrest acted stupid around his love you could forgive him because he was mentally handicapped, the character in this story has no such excuse. He's just an idiot that keeps falling upward. She set him up to do hard time and he still reminisces about the good times they had as a child? Seriously? You glossed over it but do you really think a man that most likely had to spend 'quality time' with other men would have a forgive and forget type additude? I highly doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Once again total fantasy as what man in their right mind would put up with her like he did? Love is one thing but common sense and reason have to come into play at some point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Have to agree with Whoosher, starts out as a conversation with a priest about what happened to make him a heartbroken drunk and then that seems to disappear and he's finding out he has a daughter. No mention of him cleaning himself up with the help of the priest and moving on with life, mentions the second kid that Kennedy had but no attempt to find the kid and see if it is also his... Feels like it needs a rewrite and a sequel

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

where is the rest of the story??

CriosCriosalmost 2 years ago

Wow! This is your best story, by far! All new elements, lots of emotion, heartache and rebirth. Thank you!

amyyumamyyumalmost 2 years ago

Until Kennedy died your MC was the biggest chump in the history of Loving Wives, and what's not with kicking the shit out of Jimmy. HOWEVER, this was a really great story overall -- 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad, but we’ll done. Thanks.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Loved the story. Not really sure how it ends up in LW though.

Kennedy cheated. Donna accepted his proposal at the end of the story.

Did I miss where there was ever a wife in this story?

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

cucks get one star

she fucked him over five times in his life and he took her back after each time

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Lots of verbiage, not much story

grogers7grogers7almost 2 years ago

Thanks for you art and you work

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 2 years ago

I don't get why you minimize spending eighteen months in a State prison facility. That can be brutal and yet he so easily overlooks her setting him up that gets him sent to prison, and again allows her into his life after that and on cheating on him at least twice. Don't get that one.

And the revenge on the bass player came way after the fact, especially after he admitted setting in up.

The inconsistency of the main character, of being a proud man who doesn't put up with his girl going with someone else to prom, to a sucker who allows her to cheat on him, help put him in prison, have someone else's baby and still allows her back into his life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Looks like you either

Edited out the priest from the middle but forgot to remove him from the beginning

Or added him to the beginning and forgot to add him to the middle

But either way, since his intervention didn’t resolve before the MC met the NEW love interest, I spent the back half assuming that SHE died too and THAT’S why he’d been drunk for a month…

Weird and confusing structural choices

(Or lazy ones)

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 2 years ago

Always a great story from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reminiscent of Bebop3's stories on the music front! Nicely done - but as Wh00sher pointed out, what happened with Fr. Ron??

vintageridervintagerideralmost 2 years ago

Really well done. Thank you.

LWLover60LWLover60almost 2 years ago

Only in fiction can a great deed go unpunished... Loved it!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

This was one good story.

I thoroughly enjoyed it even though in some areas it goes bland.

But I enjoyed it nonetheless.

/

I thought for a moment Bobby could be a closet masochist. Though he tried hard to stay away from being abused but most time he longed for it every time he sees Kennedy.. Bobby is probably an angel or saint dressed as a human. No man could forgive Kennedy for what she did to get Bobby to jail.

N O O N E.

But only an angel or a saint.

Or a chronic masochist.

/

Nicely done Hooked1957.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What happened with the priest and the drunk assed MC? He goes from the pit of despair trying to drown himself in a bottle after burying his long term companion to suddenly finding out he has a daughter. There was no wrap up from the priest's intervention. This needs to be fixed and republished.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Simply a disgusting tale about a pathetic, little wimp moping his way through life and an even worse bitch continuously fucking him over for year after year. Have no idea why he would stay drunk after burying the bitch. He should have been dancing on the bitch's grave.

Jimmy boy would have suffered a whole lot more physical pain than just being black balled from playing anywhere. If I get set up and go to prison someone is going to pay the piper. The bitch and Jimmy needed to pay severely but sadly you didn't have the balls to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yep, missing something on page 4. Somewhere between Kennedy's funeral and his writing the song 'Kathleen' and learning he has a biological daughter. Other than that...stories not bad. I can see the priest's intervention combined with the cathartic song writing could reverse his booze fueled depression. The discovery that Kennedy 'lives' on through a daughter HE actually sired with Kennedy would just slam his recovery into overdrive.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story, well-written..... smacks of Jenny and Forrest Gump a bit, certainly enjoyable. BUT ... WTF was with alcoholic opening???...... looks to me like it was accidentally left in the story after the author changed direction.

DDAY55DDAY55almost 2 years ago

Very good story. I enjoyed reading it. Thank you.

I think it would be an interesting meeting between Chelsea's 'real' grandparents and Bobby and Kennedy's parents. Hopefully they could work it out before the wedding. Talk about an extended family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice two stories in one! You made the main character very likable. Glad it worked out for him!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it a lot, well written piece.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The writing is good but I agree with the other comment. The whole set up with the priest and being drunk simply disappear. There is nothing to tie it to the rest of the story and I can’t even figure out when it was supposed to have occurred.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryalmost 2 years ago
I guess

All the Traci dragons have been slayed. Lol.

All kidding aside. Thoroughly enjoyed this story. 5 from me.

maydecmaydecalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful story even if there is some discontinuity in the story arc. Could really relate to all the characters and love your opinion about bass players. A good friend of mine is a bass player and he probably couldn't agree with you more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good stories - horrible, stupid people. Parts seemingly missing

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Somewhat soapy but an excellent read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Yes, there is something missing, but other than that it’s a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Highly enjoyed the story. Did miss the bridge from the bender & the Priest. Altogether very, very nice. Thanks!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Let me tell you something anyone that is involved with setting me up and getting me prison time is going to wish they had never been born when I get out. I keep reading but I'll be damn if you didn't let both of them off of hook and pretty much did nothing like a little wimp. Oh wow!! You got him blacklisted in LA so he couldn't play. Damn man, that was over the top and way too cruel. Actually it's just sickening. I think you've been influenced way too much by Randi and Caviagurl in your writing. All of your male characters lately have been sniveling wimps and ball less wonders. Looking very much like you're going to my do not read list.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a mess, with the beginning taking place in one present, then the flashback leading to a different present. This is so beneath your normal writing.....

Cracker270Cracker270almost 2 years ago

Confused, and not happy about it. That’s for the story line. Writing skills are very good,

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

It would have been a +5* but for not getting Kennedy to officially confess and get his Indiana conviction expunged. And that Bobby did not get revenge on Jimmy for stealing 18mo of his life.

\

4*, Hooyah

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

He's a lot more forgiving than I would've been. I don't know he could even speak to Kennedy after she conspired to get him sent to jail. And crying over the coke whore's grave? It wouldn't be tears I'd be sprinkling over her eternal resting place.

-

It was hard to feel much sympathy for the protagonist, who was basically a complete doormat. Kennedy treated him like shit, because as she said herself: she knew he'd always take her back no matter how appallingly badly she treated him.

As frustrating as this was to read, this story did have several important lessons:

1) Once a cheater, always a cheater.

2) Never trust a junkie.

3) Never get back together with an ex.

4) Nice guys get treated with contempt by the 'fairer' sex.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I’ve enjoyed most everything you’ve written. It’s refreshing to have a story beyond I discovered my wife cheating and got even. Your’s reminds me of something qlm would write. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Huh? After the introduction of a funeral and an alcoholic guy getting picked up by a priest to conduct some sort of intervention….and then the guy starts telling his story…..

.

…..the tale NEVER circled back to the opening! Readers spent the rest of the story waiting to arrive at the point of the despondent alcoholic….and it never came! WTF? And for one of LWs better writers?

.

In the event…Kennedy was a tragic loser….Bobby was a sap…..and the end of the story was just too much forced good news for him.

.

So how to score? A weak 4 **** that gets only 2 ** for that incomprehensible disconnect between the opening scene and the rest of the tale.

ChopinesqueChopinesquealmost 2 years ago

Bittersweet story, and a sweet ending. I like that outcome.

AnyMooseAnyMoosealmost 2 years ago

Something's missing; is there a Part 2 on the way?

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Good story…..after the first page. I have to assume he had his drunken binge after Kennedy died and the priest helped him recover? Because the drunken binge was never referenced again.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

Guys, the alcoholic opening was after Kennedy died and he was in a funk. The priest helps him stop drinking I guess ( that needed more work I think,).

The real problem is while Bobby realized Kennedy was an addict and that is why she helped Jimmy, I can't see him forgiving that.

Worse, that he never gets back at Jimmy for setting him up. Kennedy could have confessed and at least get his record expunged, even if they couldn't put Jimmy away. or reverse the favor and set Jimmy up.

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

Great story, well written, engaging and an emotional rollercoaster. One of your best. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was great. A solid 5. Thanks. Baddestmanalive

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have alot of negative comments to what is an inspiring story. YOUR WRITING IS EXCELLENT AND I am looking forward to reading more . Some comments about not revisiting the beginning and finishing make your story even better reading. So keep it coming and look for the positive in the comments and simply take note of the negative

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 2 years ago

YES! An actual story with characters, a beginning, a middle and an ending. Excellent!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 2 years ago

Something went wrong. Father Ron disappeared. Bobby was clean and sober. I missed when that happened. Minus one * for that. Check your notes, you must have dropped a page somewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

really enjoyed it, nicely paced and emotional but not overly so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Did Cgurl help you write this? Just wondering because this story follows one of her typical making the MC male into a completely sorry wimp.

ReddladyReddladyalmost 2 years ago

I'm confused....the beginning doesn't circle back around. It felt unfinished. But I really enjoyed the storyline.

towgtowgalmost 2 years ago

Why the beginning? What role did the preacher play?

SkubabillSkubabillalmost 2 years ago

Another one of your best. Lol. Five stars

VersatekVersatekalmost 2 years ago

KRD19254 thought there was no revenge on Jimmy. Getting blackballed by the music industry is pretty good in my book. Loss of career > broken bones.

It never did work the opening scene back into the tale, did it. Better than 4, not quite 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Actually very good, but I found myself having a big debate (with myself) over whether to give you 4* or 5* and decided to give you the benefit of the doubt. It was well written and had a more interesting storyline than most, but didn't have the emotional lock that the best stories have. Nonetheless, 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, old man (1957). You are a gifted writer who knows how to spin a tale. Looking forward to your next story. 5 Stars.

dunmovynivdunmovynivalmost 2 years ago

Well. I’m pretty good at math. He served 18 months. The last year of which he never saw Ken. Then he gets out and she’s 7 months on. But ancestry says the kid is his?

No way it’s his child. Mistakes like this kill the plot for me. 1 star.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

I'm tempted like several others to "downgrade" a point for the priest scene never having been concluded. It's like you accidentally cut a page/paragraph while editing? (Go with that if any gets too snarky...LOL) Otherwise, it was a really well told story with several plot lines perfectly wrapped into a great story arc. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Story seems to have missed tying in the priest to the remaining portion of the story after the funeral?? All in all I did enjoy the the story. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The real kicker in this story for me was Kennedy and Jimmy set him up to be busted on drug charges for which he gets sent to prison and he does nothing to them. Sadly Hooked you've seemingly have hopelessly lost what use to make your stories good reading. No way a couple of years ago you would have just let this go without retribution. Really sad.

Cringo31Cringo31almost 2 years ago

What a sad story with a happy ending. Like others have said not your usual cheating wife story even though it was a part of this tale. This had so many layers to it and such depth. Well done.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 2 years ago

So which wife was the opening burial scene about and why have the god guy getting involved? That part was useless. The story after that was pretty good. A damn long way from fine but still pretty good.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

Bobby was a masochist, no just a cuck. Never got a revenge or payback from anyone. He took back the girl who set him up for prison???? The whole Chelsea and Donna thing seemed unrelated and frankly not believable. You have done much better and not many worse than this sad tale.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just have the preacher from Scene 1 marry them and it’s all tied up nicely!

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Helluva story about a long and winding road and a very patient and forgiving man. Moral of the story, don’t get involved with a two timing druggie slut.

GREAT read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I usually like this writer's stories, but disliked this one.

1. He kept giving Kennedy chances after she'd proven herself in high school not to be reliable. I believe in 2nd chances when there is a reason to think something is really out of character, but that wasn't the case here. He should never have hooked up with her after their sophomore years in high school and would have saved himself a lot of grief.

Most will think I'm being hard headed on that-but then he did it again-and again after that.

A story in which the guy is an idiot that keeps coming back for more when the girl has shown what she is a story that makes no sense to me and which has to score low.

2. We had a start of the story, left it and never came back to it. We can guess when it was and where it went, but we're never really told. Was I missing something? Did the writer forget the beginning of the story? Did this get missed in the editing?

I often like stories by this writer, so found this story a disappointment.

RazorFishRazorFishalmost 2 years ago

Yeah, but where was Traci all this time? HaHa. Great story other than not coming back to the opening.

hectarehectarealmost 2 years ago

I give it 5* for being well written but agree with anon; it's two different stories and the drunk with priest doesn't match up with the guy who held Kennedy's hand as she died.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If your goal was to write one of the wimpest sap stories on Literotica congratulations you succeeded.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 2 years ago

Kinda reminds me of a less depressing Forrest Gump. Y'know, getting fucked over by the one he loves several times over at different points in his life, only to finally "get" her in the end when she has some incurable disease and isn't long for this world. This story even has the "child she never told him about" trope as well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

18 months in stir and he didn't put the bass player into a shallow grave ? WTF is wrong with him.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 2 years ago

This was a complex and nuanced story. I gave it a five, and I thank Mr. 1957 for writing it. Well done. Randi is putting together a little group of stories from some very good writers for July 23 one a similar theme: "I wanna know what love is." If you would like to see another story from Hooked1957, Qhml1, HDK, Cagivagurl and other great writers, be sure to tune in. Thank you again for this wonderful story, sir. Randi.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Ain't young love grand? Not in this case!

5

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
A somewhat

Nice story, it's a shame the bio mom never though about her being his kid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The best story written here in a very long time.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHooked1957@Hooked1957
Basic average guy in basic average America.

SIMILAR Stories