All Comments on 'The Neallys Ch. 09: The Story's End'

by JPGmvny

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Brilliant Series

Enjoyed this so much in a poor weather sit-in after Christmas. I know it originally ended several episodes ago; nevertheless, an occasional one-off story update would be welcome. Never want a good thing to come to an end.

JPGmvnyJPGmvnyover 3 years agoAuthor

The story ended with part 5. One day in August 2019, I realized that Kerry would be taking the New York Bar Exam. I was curious about what happened to everyone, so I picked up the stories. I started a separate story about Eric, as I did with Mary Elizabeth Nelson, but it still hasn't come to me.

I intended to end this story with a meeting between Suzanne and her father at the restaurant on East 47th Street where several scenes took place but as I wrote, I realized that the restaurants in NYC would likely be closed and that flights from California suspended so I moved William's trip up several days and ended it as I ended it. It seemed a natural spot to do so. The final scene was written about a mile-and-a-half away when Westchester County was a national hotbed for coronavirus.

I have sat with a laptop, writing on that bench (though not since March).

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

That was quite an epic! I can only imagine what it’s like for characters to insist on their stories being told. Thanks for sharing this wonderful family! ❤️

MurseDMurseDover 2 years ago

A very well written series. As a father of three, I liked the ending the best. There is very little that my girls could do that I would still not love them unconditionally.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai6439 months ago

Fabulous!

Finished it all in 2 days, all 9 chapters!

The best read I have found for a very long time!

Thank you so much!

All the other comments seem to assume that it's a reconciliation but there is a less pleasant possibility with a person in the father's mental state?

I guess that will be up to your readers to decide.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJPGmvny@JPGmvny
Lifelong New Yorker. My Twitter handle is @T_BrewerAuthor . My stories center around New York City. They tend to be Romances with much build-up and not a lot of explicit sex. My website is TerryAndrewsAuthor.com. Fell free to comment. I have made edits at the start of "The N...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES