The Neighbour's Daughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a quiet breakfast and clearing the table, I started to talk. "Andy, I love you with all my heart and would like to say I'm sorry for what I did to us. But I know just being sorry isn't enough to make this marriage work. I want to fight for it and will do nearly anything for it. There is no way either of us can just forget what happened and I'm sure our marriage will never be the same as it was several years ago. But I think with marriage counseling we can make it stronger."

Then I turned to Michelle. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but Michelle, I want to thank you for being there for Andy when I was such a miserable wife to him. And with that I mean everything you did, even Julia." I could feel tears in my eyes but continued. "I will be honored to care for her, and I will do my utmost to be the best stepmother on earth. Of course, that depends on Andy and if he still wants me to stay his wife. I know he will be the best father for her anyway, but I also know I have to build a relationship with Julia on my own. If you allow, I would like to visit you for the next several days to get to know her better."

When I finished Andy stood up and came to me and just took me in his arms. With that I broke down again and I clung to him. When we let go each other I looked at Michelle and blushed. She had tears in her face too, but when I saw her smile, I knew they were happy tears for us.

The coming weeks I visited Michelle and Julia several times. Sometimes with Andy, sometimes alone. Julia was a well-mannered child and always polite and happy. Andy has always been Uncle Andy to her and after one week I was Aunt Susan. Although I loved Julia from the start, I could always feel some kind of reservation towards her. In these two weeks, I learned that Michelle had an education as a psychologist, although she never practiced. We talked a lot about the situation. She sensed my discomfort and asked me. When I told her about my feelings toward Julia she said she fully understands and that I had the same problem Andy had with our son.

That's what she explained: Even as we love the children, our subconscious mind sees them as proof of the infidelity of our spouse. Julia is proof of Andy's infidelity and Donny is proof of my infidelity. Andy had the same problems as me at the beginning. According to her his parents that are actually are his foster parents from when he was a child helped him dealing with his feelings. Though not being their blood relative, they made his education and the career he has now possible for him. But most of all they showed him you can love your child even when it's not your biological offspring. It isn't exactly the same with cheating, but it still helped. Andy had time to sort it out years ago and loves Donny unconditionally now, I still had to deal with my feelings toward Julia and her conception. A lot of people would say I just had to accept Julia like any other child I intend to adopt, but Michelle told me that's just bullshit -- her words. If a man or woman meets a partner who has a child from a previous relationship, it's much easier for the man respectively woman to accept the child or children than when the child is conceived during the partnership with a third party. A man can understandably accept a child easier conceived from an anonym sperm donor through IVF than conceived by another man through sexual intercourse during the partnership. I should always remember how hard it was for Andy to accept a baby from a yearlong lover. With that explained, within a week all my resentments toward Julia vanished.

During that time Andy and I also visited a marriage counselor, who helped us to rebuild our relationship to a loving and even trusting marriage again.

About eight months ago

Michelle and Julia became a fixed part in our home, and we visited each other several times each week. Donny and Julia connected like siblings. Of course, there was the cancer. Michelle started her treatment immediately. But whereas the medication disabled her for about one day at the beginning, it took several days later on for her to be fully capable. During her bad days Julia stayed a lot at our home.

So that's when I sat down with Andy and Michelle and made a proposal. "Michelle, you and Julia are now an important part of our family. I know it's hard on you for a few days after each treatment and I've seen it's not easy on you the rest of the time. I want to make a proposal. I didn't talk with Andy before, but I'm pretty sure he'll approve. I would like you and Julia move in with us permanently. Michelle, you can move into our guest bedroom and I'm sure Donny has no problem to share his room with Julia. We have to rearrange his bedroom and make room for Julia's bed, but here is enough space for both of you and we can help you when you need it. You won't have to call us over for help. I don't expect you to give up your house, it's your decision what you want to do with it. And I don't want any payment. Please accept my proposal."

They sat there with eyes wide open. I hadn't talked with Andy about this, so it was news to him too. After several seconds they both came over to me and hugged me. Well, all of us had tears in the eyes when we parted, and we soon made all arrangements. Of course, we had to ask Donny and Julia about our decision, but they were more than happy to share a room. This is how we started to live in one home all together.

My relationship with Julia improved but there were still situations when anger rose in my mind. A turning point was when Julia played in my lap and I looked at her. In my thoughts she should be the child from me and my husband and not from my husband with another woman. As I started to feel the anger, I looked out the window at my husband who was playing with our son in the backyard. I'm sure anyone could have seen how upset I was at this moment, but when I saw them laughing together, all bad feelings dissipated and never came back.

About five months ago

We were living together for the last three months. On her good days, Michelle helped me in the household wherever she could, even when I told her it wasn't necessary. She just told me it's the least she could do. On her bad days all of us, even Donny, helped her and supported her.

You might think I'm stupid to invite my husband's lover to live with us. I trusted Andy and Michelle although I still felt the love between them. There was a lot of joking between all of us even with sexual innuendo but I never had any sense that something inappropriate happened. Michelle and I had become best friends over the last several months. We went shopping together or just went out with the children. No, we didn't have Girls Night Out, but we went out in the afternoon for a coffee several times.

Julia and I became good friends and she would often come to me to play or ask something. I just love having her around. There was one incident when she was sitting in my lap coloring a book and I saw some physical resemblance with Andy. Then I also realized she likes technical stuff like him. Suddenly some anger at Andy evoked and I looked out the window at him playing with Donny. Within seconds I realized I recognized some traits of Bud in Donny's face and all anger evaporated.

Oh, about Andy and me? For the first few weeks after our first sit-down our relationship was bumpy. Our counselor really helped and we reinvented our love and trust for each other. We talked through all problems and our relationship improved. Surprisingly, talking a lot with Michelle and getting to know Julia helped our marriage. When Michelle and Julia moved in with us, we held back our affection in front of them. But Michelle immediately sensed this and told us not to hold back. She loved to see us happy together.

On her bad days I often stayed with her in her room and we even cuddled. There was nothing sexual between us, just me comforting her and helping her through the day. Well, Andy sometimes checked in on us and knowing men I think he would love to catch us together in a sexual manner. I dare to say he would have loved to have a threesome with us, but it never happened.

I saw how sad he was especially on the bad days. He never lost affection for me when we were together, but I sometimes caught him looking wistful on her bad days. I knew he really loved her, not as much as me I hoped, but still real love. Definitively more than I ever loved Bud.

That was when I made a sacrifice. I sat down with Andy and Michelle -- again: "Michelle, Andy. I see the love between you" I held up my hand when they started to say something. "I know nothing happened and I'm very grateful for that. But I also see how you look at each other and I see the desire. Michelle, next week is your birthday and I have special present for you." I grabbed the envelope from my pocket. "These are two tickets for the weekend at a wellness and spa resort. It's about 120 miles from here. Andy, I want you to take Michelle. You can leave on Friday afternoon and come back on Sunday afternoon. It's just one room, so I want you to know, whatever happens there, I'm OK with it. But please, I don't ever want to know about it." They both looked at me in surprise. After they composed themselves, they started to speak simultaneously. "You can't really mean that..." started Michelle while Andy said, "What are you talking about ...".

I stopped him and continued "I love you both and I know you love me. Michelle, you became my best friend within a short while and this is what I want for both of you. I also know you still have feelings for each other. I want you to spend some time together without any remorse. I have the feeling you both need it for closure. I don't request you to do anything sexually, but if something happens, I don't want you to have any regrets. I know it's very unusual for a wife to send her husband on a vacation with his former lover. We all need this to happen for closure. Please accept it" When I finished, I had tears in my eyes. After a few seconds they both stood up and came over to me to embrace me.

The next few days nothing was said about my present, but on Friday noon Andy and Michelle asked if I am sure about it. With as much confidence as I was able to muster, I told them yes. They left early afternoon and I watched them drive off. I wasn't sure if I did the right thing. Of course, Michelle couldn't steal my husband with her pending death, but what would it mean for our marriage? While I was distracted by the kids during the daytime, lying alone in the bed the next two nights brought on thoughts about Andy and Michelle and what they might be doing. At this moment I also realized, what Andy must have been feeling during my affair, when he was alone - or with Michelle -- and knew I was fucking Bud at that moment.

On Sunday afternoon I nervously waited for them to come back. When they drove up, I waited in the kitchen for whatever would happen. But whatever I expected, when Michelle came over to me, embraced me in a hug and just said "Thank you, I love you" I was just speechless. Then Andy entered the house and dropped the luggage inside the door. He came up to me and took me in his arms and said, "I love you forever". These words from both of them just made me cry and I felt like as though a heavy weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

There was just small talk at dinner with the children. Michelle retreated early for the night and even the children went to bed early without much whining. When Andy and I went to our bedroom, I didn't know what to do and let him lead. I didn't expect him to seduce and pamper me. He started to kiss and undress me. Then he laid me back on the bed and started to massage and caress my whole body, what aroused me until I leaked on our bed. He pleasured me orally and by hand to several orgasms. We made love for a long time during the night to several more orgasms and when he came the third time, I came with him and passed out. When I woke up, I knew I did the right thing and that everything will be alright.

Less than four months ago

I expected the next days to be awkward for me being around Michelle, but they proved me wrong. There still was the sexual banter between all of us, but any tension was gone. Michelle and Andy were much more relaxed together and behaved like very good friends or even siblings having fun. Nothing changed between Michelle and me except we felt even more linked. We had fun and allied against Andy sometimes just for fun.

Several weeks later I missed my monthlies. I just knew it happened the night after their weekend together. Normally I would be happy to have a child with the man I love and honestly, I really was, but I was too afraid what he would think. Would he think I wanted to con and tie him to me with a child? A home pregnancy test confirmed it and in the evening in the bedroom had him sit down to talk. "Andy, I love you and normally I would just be happy. I don't really know how it happened, okay I know how but not why, because I'm still taking the pill.... ". He just looked at me bewildered. "You have to believe me; I don't want you to con into something but..... I'm pregnant."

With that I looked down on my hands and waited for his reaction. "The only questions I have is, do you love me, and do you want to have children with me?" I looked up in his eyes and with all sincerity I said: "The answer to both questions is: 'With all my heart'" He came to me and took me in his arms "Then we should celebrate, because I love you and would be happy to have children with you too!"

We had a great night, but in the morning when I was lost in thought, he asked me what the problem was. I just answered: "Michelle. I know she still loves you and I don't want to hurt her. I just don't know how she'll react." He answered "You're right. But it doesn't make sense to keep it secret. We'll tell her together in the evening."

But somehow Michelle already knew it. She looked funny at me several times during the day. In the afternoon she asked me "Susan, you are pregnant, aren't you?" Surprised, I looked at her and said "Yes.... sorry. Andy and I wanted to tell you together in the evening. It wasn't planned this way." She looked in my face for several seconds "Oh my god. You thought I would take it badly. You thought I might be angry." She came up to me and embraced me "I'm so happy for you. I love both of you and I know you love each other." She touched my belly and continued "These children are a symbol for your love and I'm glad Donny and Julia get siblings."

About two months ago

After the news of my pregnancy all our families were happy. I didn't show yet, but Andy, the children and Michelle regularly wanted to touch my belly to see who would be the first to feel my babies. Yes, ultrasound confirmed twins. Later she told me she dreamed of us having twins after her weekend with my husband.

Michelle's health started to deteriorate. She had to spend more time in bed and take several naps during the day. Then one afternoon she sat with us and her solicitor.

"Andy, Susan, I won't have much time left, I just know it. It's time to settle my estate. Originally I wanted it to move into a trust for Julia." 'Of course,' I thought. 'It's her money and Julia would be the logical heiress.'

"But you not only welcomed Julia into your family like I hoped, but you also took me in. You helped me for the last months like I never expected. Especially from you, Susan. Therefore, I'm forever grateful. That's why I'm changing my will." We looked at her surprised.

"Andy, Susan, I want you to have my house. It's bigger than yours and you will need the additional space for your new babies. At the moment it's still designed like my husband and I pictured it from the beginning. And it is still loaded with a lot of memories of him. There will be enough money left for you to redesign it like you want to have it. I don't need the memorial anymore. Soon I will be together with the love of my life. There should also be enough money to set up funds for all your children, not just Julia." With this last statement we both looked even more surprised.

"For the last year I had the honor to be part of this family and so I see it as a necessity to treat everyone as equals. I have observed you with both children, especially you, Susan. I've seen how you accepted her without reservation after our talk in the beginning. And you, Andy, I know your relationship with Donny was always a little tense. But over the last months it changed for the better. Please accept my gift to you."

We sat silent and astounded before we went up for a group hug with Michelle. The solicitor prepared all documents for us to sign especially with regard to Julia. Nobody wanted to have to handle paperwork and discuss with child welfare after Michelle's demise.

Afterwards, Michelle had a talk with Julia. She knew that her mother was ill of course, but at five years she didn't realize what it really meant. After a long time, Julia came up to me and said, "Aunt Susan, mummy told me that you will be my mummy now. Do I have to call you mummy too?"

With tears I put her on my lap and said, "Julia, your mummy will always be your mummy. Unfortunately, God wants her in heaven soon. But even when she won't be with us anymore, I always want you to remember her as your mummy and I want you always keep her in your heart. She is a great woman, a great friend to Uncle Andy and me and looking at you I see she has been a great Mum to you too. I am honored that your mum asked me to take the role of your Mummy in the future, but I don't want to replace her in your heart. I would love to take a place beside her and it's your decision how you want to call me." With that we sat for half an hour silently crying together. I've seen her talking with Andy on the patio a short time later. I never asked, but according to what I've seen it was heartbreaking too.

There are three photos, that we will keep on Julia's nightstand. One of her beautiful Mother, one of Julia with her mother and one with Michelle between Andy and me with Donny and Julia in front of us.

Today

Over the last two months Michelle wasted away at an accelerated speed. Her doctors were surprised that she stayed alive so long, but we concluded that our love helped her to last. Finally, her body yielded to the cancer. It was heartbreaking to see the once beautiful woman disease ridden. We kept her at home with us all the time and called in hospice service.

Her house became our home. Andy and I stayed in one of the guest rooms and Michelle occupied her master bedroom. In the last week she was seldom conscious. Andy or I were always by her side. The children often stayed with us when we sat with her.

In her last hour she regained consciousness. All four of us were with her, Andy and I each held one hand, Julia lying on Michelle's side silently crying and Donny leaning on her bed. Michelle let her eyes wander at each of us and said in a low voice. "Andy and Susan, I love you both. Please don't let somebody come between you again. Donny, I'm not your mother but would have been happy to have someone like you as my son. Julia, I'm proud of you and I know you will grow up to a wonderful woman. I know Andy and Susan will be good parents for you. I love you all. Don't mourn too much, I soon will be in the arms of my husband." With that she closed her eyes and drew her dying breath. We all stayed there lost in in our grief.

We buried her beside her husband. We never knew him, but he must have been a wonderful man for Michelle. On her gravestone we wrote: "Michelle, a great friend and wonderful mother, reunited with the love of her life".

This is why we stand here. The funeral is officially over but the four of us are still in front of her grave with all the flowers. Yesterday I asked Andy and Julia if it would be okay for them to name one of my twins Michelle if there is a girl, or Michael if not, in honor of Michelle. They all are happy with my decision.