The Newly Divorced Resort Ch. 09

Story Info
How do you cope after a divorce? Here is one man's solution.
12k words
4.66
11.1k
14

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 01/09/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Beginning

I awoke after having slept for a few hours and felt rested enough to take care of a few things today without sleeping late into the day. I would go back to bed a couple of hours earlier tonight to help reduce the jet lag so that I could hit the ground running when I returned to the office tomorrow.

I gave a slight groan as I anticipated that there would be a backlog of tasks that somehow others just couldn't have managed in my absence, but hoped it would be a relatively small list. I had studiously ignored my phone and the concomitant texts and emails that filled the devilish device while I was gone. I had added that to my list of tasks for the day so I could weed out the wheat from the chaff and save myself some time tomorrow.

I would not describe myself as a workaholic anymore, but this would be a gentle re-entry into that world without ruining my day. I recognized shortly after the separation from Tiffany that my job had actually been a saving grace for me because I could focus on that instead of my personal life, so I looked forward to going into the office rather than dreading it.

I decided that 30 minutes would be my limit for work-related efforts, so after showering and eating a small lunch, I sat at my computer and told my smart speaker to start a playlist of relaxing songs I liked as the screen booted up. Thankfully, there was even less to sort than I had anticipated and what was left was not something I needed to be stressed about today and I put the device back to sleep.

The problem came from another, unexpected direction. When I powered on my phone to check my text messages and voicemail from the past week, there were increasingly whiney messages from Tiffany asking me to reply or call her back. She of course had no idea that I had been away for a week and probably thought I was just ignoring her, which felt just fine with me I thought.

Realizing that all the women over the past week had been pleasant and thoughtful toward me provided a nice and relevant contrast to Tiffany's behavior not just now, but over the past few years as I thought about it. I decided that as she had not actually said why I needed to contact her, it must not have anything to do with the kids.

I also knew they would have felt comfortable contacting me directly because we had a good relationship despite the separation and divorce from their mother. I had not gone into many of the details of the divorce with them, wanting to spare them the need to think less of her, but I was pretty sure they knew from other sources.

Tiffany would always be their mother and whatever our differences might have been, I would always respect her for giving me two wonderful children that brought joy and happiness to my life, so I did not feel the need to say anything that might bring a wedge in their relationship with her. Call me old fashioned, but that's just the way I saw it.

I decided that I would not respond to her today, or maybe ever depending on my mood tomorrow, and I experienced another epiphany like I had after walking in the front door last night: I needn't concern myself with her at all anymore unless I chose to do so.

The divorce was final and I no longer had any obligation to her and I realized it didn't matter to me anymore what she thought about me or my actions. That put a smile back on my face and I felt myself relaxing again. I thought about my task list and decided I was going restock my refrigerator next and perhaps go to the theatre or catch a movie this evening if I wasn't too tired.

The grocery market was down the street a few blocks and it seemed like a nice day for a walk, so I grabbed my reusable cloth bags and locked the door behind me. As I exited the lobby onto the sidewalk, the woman I shared an elevator with a few times and fantasized about was entering the building. I held the door and smiled warmly at her and she smiled back, holding my gaze for a second as she thanked me.

"It's nice to see gallantry hasn't completely died," she said.

I did a mock bow while doffing an imaginary hat as she passed into the lobby and she gave a small giggle. I decided I liked the reactions I was garnering when I acted a little more light-hearted and wasn't so self-conscious about myself.

The walk to the store felt good to my muscles and the distance seemed shorter than usual given my good mood. I made a point of smiling at everyone along my journey and while in the store and I found that almost everyone smiled back, sometimes unconsciously, which of course made my mood even brighter.

I completed my shopping list and filled the bags with my purchases for the walk back. The bags were heavier this time, but nothing too strenuous and even that exercise felt good.

I arrived back in the lobby and saw the woman I had held the door for get up from a chair and walk toward me as I headed to the elevator. I had the sense that she had been waiting for me, which seemed a bit odd, but I decided to roll with it and see what this might be about.

"Let me get this door for you as well," I said as I pushed the button for up.

She giggled again and we waited for the car to arrive, which it did in short order. She entered first and when the door shut, she turned to face me and held up her hands.

"I promise I'm not a stalker or a crazy person, but I wanted to personally thank you for your kindness today. It was something I really needed. I saw your grocery bags and knew you wouldn't be long so I waited in the lobby until you returned hoping for a chance to talk to you," she said.

"See, no weapons or rope to hold you captive," she said as she slowly turned a complete circle.

"Don't worry, you had me captive with the pirouette. No other devices needed to capture me," I said looking at her appreciatively.

"Are you always this charming?" she blushed.

"It's a recently acquired skill. How am I doing with it?" I asked.

"I'd say you are a fast learner if you are new at this. I'm Julie by the way," she said and held out her hand for me to shake.

"I'm William," I replied and instead of shaking her hand, I took it and brought it upward to my mouth to give a brief kiss.

"...and you are rather charming yourself. I'd love to talk with you about anything you want. Would you allow me to take you to dinner this evening? That would give us a chance to talk where the ambiance is more pleasant and less boxy," I continued.

"I...I'd enjoy that, but I have to be up front with you. I'm already in a relationship that's charitably described as complicated, so having dinner would be wonderful and I can use that time to explain myself more completely, but I want to be clear that I'm not looking for anything long-term," she blustered as she was taken back by my offer.

"Now I definitely want to take you to dinner and hear your story. No other strings attached," I replied.

"I'll meet you in the lobby at 6pm if that works for you," she said looking relieved that her honesty hadn't turned me away.

"It does. See you then," I replied with a smile.

We reached the top floor and I exited the elevator and she pushed a button for her floor. I knew from previously being in the elevator with her that she had passed her floor to give us another minute or two to finish our conversation.

I pondered this unexpected exchange as I put away the groceries and remembered some of the fantasy scenarios I created a while back with her as my subject. I smiled as I thought about the irony of life and the surprises it holds. Nothing in my imagination had been even close to this encounter and I suspected the rest of the evening would be just as unimaginable.

Once again I thought about how differently things felt after a week at the Resort. I could not have seen myself acting this way before that experience. Now I felt as confident in myself socially as I had always felt in my job and it was a change I was sure that I would not have been able to create on my own. I no longer needed to prove myself to anyone and I could return to being the person that felt I was inside which had been sequestered for many years.

I decided I would take Julie to a sushi place I knew of off the beaten path that I had frequented for years with business colleagues and occasionally Tiffany. The food was an unheralded delight and the atmosphere was the right mix of busy and personal, so it seemed like a good place to talk for a while without being too conspicuous or rushed by staff to finish and leave.

I was well known by the owner and I called the maitre d' and asked if I could have a table for two out of the way for 6:30pm tonight. He was happy to reserve it and said he looked forward to seeing me and my wife again. I had not thought about that and I took a moment to explain that I was now divorced and was bringing someone else instead. He apologized for the faux pas and I told him not to be concerned.

Around 5pm I took another quick shower and changed clothes for the evening. I looked at myself in the mirror as I combed my hair and noticed that I had a nice tan from being in the tropics for a week, something else that had changed about me. I had seldom spent time relaxing or working in the sun these past many years and decided it was a good look that I would have to maintain.

As I had no idea what tonight might hold, I made sure the place was clean and neat in case Julie happened to come over later. The thought put a smile on my face, but I decided not to fantasize about it. Rather, I would just see how the reality turned out.

I arrived in the lobby a little early as was my habit with time schedules and she was already there. I wondered what that might mean as I walked over to where she was waiting.

"Hi William. I'm looking forward to this evening," she said a little nervously.

She was wearing a floral print, mostly-modest summer dress with spaghetti straps that accented her figure nicely. Her hair was in a loose ponytail draped over her shoulder, just covering one breast.

"You look stunning in that dress. It makes me want to take up gardening," I said impishly.

She blushed and seemed pleased by the compliment.

"Give me a minute to pull the car around front. It's a red Lexus," I said over my shoulder as I took the stairs down to the underground garage.

Three minutes later she was sitting in the passenger seat and we headed to Toshi's across town. The conversation was light as we drove and I offered a few opportunities for deeper conversation by asking open ended questions.

She apparently was not yet ready to discuss the true point of our evening together, so I decided to just enjoy her company and let her bring it up whenever she felt comfortable enough, if she hadn't changed her mind about sharing her story. I was having an enjoyable time in her company already and didn't see how that would change either way it turned out.

The conversation remained light through most of dinner and then started to become more personal. I told her about the recent finalization of my divorce and she looked concerned and sympathetic.

I saw the look and reassured her that I was just fine and gave the clean version of my exploits over the past week. This seemed to provide the last reassurance she needed to finally bring down her guard and began sharing her story and the reason she wanted to talk with me.

"I'm not actually sure why I'm sharing any of this with you, but most of the time I just feel invisible and it was a pleasant change when you held the door for me and treated me like I actually was worth noticing," she stared.

"The view I have of myself comes largely from being isolated and interacting mostly with my boyfriend. I don't work and stay at home most of the time, so opportunities to get feedback about myself from other relationships has been limited for the past few years. I'm not a shut-in and do go out at times, but I don't have many friends to go with me so it isn't as enjoyable by myself," she confessed.

"Your interactions with me today brought a sudden hope that my self-image was just skewed and I decided to take a chance that talking to you would help somehow. You seem like a decent man who knows how to be respectful and so I feel like I can trust you," she said.

"Thank you for the compliment. My parents would be happy to hear that the lessons they taught me growing up were actually learned and practiced," I replied.

"See, that's exactly what I was talking about," she said with a smile and took a deep breath before continuing.

"I love my boyfriend and he loves me too, but our ten year relationship has settled into a rut and I feel we've become too comfortable in our routines so there is little spontaneity anymore. That wouldn't necessarily be so bad, but my isolation over the past year or so has made that more difficult for me," she said.

"He works all day and has a variety of acquaintances, so he doesn't understand why I am having a difficult time. He thinks that being at home with less pressure sounds like luxury. He comes home and is tired from a long day so wants to zone out rather than interact with me, which of course is what I have been waiting for all day," she said.

"That does sound difficult," I replied.

"I've tried talking about it with him, but he thinks I just need to change my attitude, which of course solves absolutely nothing about the underlying problem," she complained.

"Another part of the problem is that he has started taking me for granted, which is why I feel invisible much of the time. I feel that I could be anyone to him and the thrill of being with each other has gotten lost along the way," she said.

"Everything we do seems bland and scripted, especially the sex," Julie said.

"Sorry for just blurting that out, but you are a good listener and I don't have any close girlfriends that I can talk about that kind of stuff," she blushed.

"Well, now that you've brought it up, I find you quite sexy and desirable," I replied.

Rather than being put off or offended by my making such a bold statement when we barely knew each other, Julie beamed instead.

"I suppose I should be bothered by you saying that, but as long as we are speaking truth to each other tonight, I'm flattered and not a little turned on that you think of me that way. I find you attractive as well and I've...um...thought about...you know...being with you," she confessed.

She was blushing quite a bit right now and lowered her face, becoming quiet. I slowly reached across the table and gently raised her head with a finger under her chin and I felt a current pass between us. Her eyes finally reached mine and I smiled warmly at her.

"You have been involved in more than one of my own fantasies...," I paused letting the implication sink in.

"...and I'm excited that I've been someone you've thought of in that way," I finished.

Her blush was now gone and replaced by a wild, uncertain look on her face. At first I thought that my comment had pushed things too far, but then she said something unexpected.

"As I said before, I love my boyfriend and don't want to hurt him, but I feel a need for something that's missing and I think you might be it," she said with a shaky voice then rushed on before I could say anything.

"I don't want you to replace him and I don't want to leave him, but could I borrow you occasionally to scratch that itch so to speak?" she asked.

There was suddenly a lot less room in my pants as I felt myself harden at her question.

"It would be my pleasure," I replied grinning at her.

"I've never done anything like this and I'm nervous that this might be a bad decision," she said.

"Then let me make this easier for you. I have no wish to interfere in your life nor do I have any expectations of a relationship outside of any...assistance...I can provide," I replied.

"Our liaisons will be only at your request, not mine, and there will be no difficult emotional drama from me about any of this. You are beautiful and the idea of spending time with you naked or otherwise is something I would definitely enjoy," I said.

Her worry slowly turned into anticipation as she considered my words and assessed how much she could trust them based on our interactions today.

Finally convincing herself, she let out the breath she had been holding and reached across the table to take my hand in hers. Another current passed between us and the look in her eyes changed to something almost feral.

"Is it okay if we skip dessert here? What I want isn't on the menu," she asked as her blush returned.

Having made up her mind, Julie now seemed impatient as I settled the bill and drove us back across town. Her hands fidgeted in her lap restlessly and once or twice I saw her press them into her crotch and rub briefly.

I parked in the garage and we took the elevator up to my floor. We were alone in the lift and once the door closed she spun around and kissed me while pressing a hand firmly onto my crotch.

"Hmmm, that's more like it," she purred as she came up for air.

The doors opened and we walked down the hall to my door. I fumbled with my keys and we went inside. She looked around and practically ran to the sofa. Standing behind it, she lifted her dress to her waist, pulled her panties down to her ankles, and leaned over the sofa, exposing her backside to me.

"What are you waiting for? I need you to fuck me this instant," she said while looking over her shoulder at me just standing there.

Without a word, I walked behind her and dropped my pants and boxers in one movement and placed my penis at her entrance which was very wet.

"Yes...," Julie moaned.

I moved my hips forward, burying myself deep and I felt her ass press into my groin as another moan escaped her lips. I started thrusting and she had her first orgasm in less than a minute.

"Oh god, I feel slutty and am so turned on right now. Don't stop!" she demanded.

I reached out and pulled the top of her dress down, exposing her breasts and cupped them in my hands while increasing the pace of my thrusts. They were large and felt soft as I fondled them. I pinched and twisted her hard nipples, eliciting another moan.

"I'm cumming again," she said and I felt her vaginal walls tremble.

"Do like to lick pussy? Say yes and I'll make you cum with my mouth at the same time," she asked out of breath.

In answer, I pulled out and stepped back. She turned around and we watched each other remove the remainder of our clothing before moving to the front of the sofa and lay down.

I took in her naked body as she positioned herself over me and lowered her hips toward my face as her mouth moved down to my cock. I tasted her wet pussy as I felt my member enveloped in warmth.

I matched the pace she set. It was slow at first as she had already been sated twice, but my lips and tongue soon stirred her to move faster. I could feel my own release building as her ministrations became more urgent and I focused on her clit while again playing with her hanging breasts.

"Here it comes," I said and she took me as deep as she could as I erupted.

I pinched her nipples hard and sucked her clit into my mouth and a flood of juice spilled out of her as she came for the third time. I licked up her juices as I finished spurting into her mouth. I felt her swallow my load and then begin to clean my penis with her tongue to get every last drop.

"God I needed that," Julie said as she turned around and came into my arms.

We held each other and kissed, tasting the mixture of our sex together.

"That was wonderful and I must say, I like the reality better than the fantasy," I said in return.

"This has turned out better than I had hoped and I feel like it really was a good decision," she responded.

"Well, you know where to find me if the itch comes back," I said.

"I might just do that. I think I'm going to try being more direct with my boyfriend about what I want and see if things change," she smiled and we held each other for a few more minutes.