The Next Load

Story Info
A truck driver meets a pretty lady at a diner.
8.1k words
4.62
31.9k
43
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Harrison Walter McLoughlin, or Mac to his friends, had been driving trucks for thirty-five years. There wasn't a state he hadn't been to or a company he hadn't driven for. And he knew he would do it until he died.

As a young man, he enjoyed money and independence. He spent weeks on the road, seeing all sorts of things, before returning to his parent's home in Wyoming. He'd spend a few days helping his folks before heading off for another few weeks. By his twenty-fifth birthday, he'd bought his own house. A modest place, with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, on a nice piece of land on the outskirts of a town called Cody. It wasn't too far from Yellowstone National Park.

His home was more of his vacation home. Only stopping in for a week or two before leaving again. Mac preferred to keep himself busy.

Mac always tried to see his parents and the few friends he had, but Mac found little time for much else.

His mother, a small Irish woman, was always demanding grandchildren. She wanted something to bring joy to her life, but Mac didn't see himself ever delivering such a thing. He wasn't home often enough to have a relationship, let alone raise a child.

That wasn't to say Mac was lonely when it came to women. In his prime, Mac knew he was a good-looking man. Plenty of pretty ladies flirted with him and took him home. He even got to know a few ladies who were regulars at bars he visited along his common routes. They'd spot him and spend an hour talking and flirting before he'd leave with them, spend the night fucking, before he'd head off in the morning.

More than one person had told him he'd one day tire of his lifestyle. But he was fifty-five and didn't have a thing to complain about. Except maybe the ache in his lower back, and sometimes his left knee got stiff.

Most things hadn't changed throughout the years. The main difference was the number of ladies flocking to his side. He was the one who would have to make an effort to talk to them. Many of them were happy to flirt and giggle, but there was normally only one in every ten girls he spoke with willing to let an old man fuck 'em.

Mac didn't see much of his family after his parents died; his younger brother, James, was married with three children and living in Salt Lake City. He would talk to him every few weeks but hadn't seen the kids in a few years. James was one of the few people that had never bothered Mac about changing. He had accepted that Mac was who he was. And for that, Mac was grateful.

Mac's last load had taken him to New Orleans, a city he had always enjoyed visiting. He had driven down from Wisconsin, delivering a shipment of housing goods. Housing goods tended to be things like fridges, dishwashers, microwaves, ovens, etc. The crates had been loaded up, and he'd made it to New Orleans a day early, giving him a day to relax in the city.

Mac had spent most of his afternoon nursing a beer as he sat at a bar, listening to the jazz band playing and chatting to the bartender when James rang. They went through their usual pleasantries before James asked if he wanted to come and stay for a few days, see the kids, and let them catch up. Mac had no reason to say no, so he agreed.

Mac had to do his next load first, a shipment of food goods to a factory in Topeka, Kansas, but then he could head straight for Salt Lake City.

Mac loaded his truck and ensured he had everything before leaving New Orleans behind. He had already plotted his route and would make his first stop in Redfield, just off route 65. There was a gas station just off the highway where he could top up his fuel and a spot where truckers could park for the night.

He pulled off the highway at 7:20. The sun was disappearing beyond the horizon, and Mac was ready for a good meal. He moved into the gas station and watched the pimple-faced attendant come out. Mac wound down his window and nodded at the young man.

He said, "Fill her up, and where can I get a decent burger around here?"

The attendant nodded. "No worries, mister. You can try the diner a few buildings down. I've never had a bad meal.' He waved his hand further towards the centre of town.

Mac nodded his thanks.

He waited while the boy filled his tank before he moved the truck over to the rest area. Mac dug out his wallet before climbing down. It wasn't too far to walk; he could see the glow of the neon sign from where he stood.

The diner the attendant had mentioned was called The Old Quack. Your classic American diner. It wasn't overly busy as Mac walked inside, but there was a soft buzz in the air as the few diners seemed to enjoy their meals. Mac glanced around and was hollered at by the waitress, that was pouring someone a drink.

She said, 'Take a seat, mister. I'll be right over.'

Mac chose the booth in the corner. He sat with his back to the wall, giving him a nice view of the diner.

It was nothing special. Driving all over the country, Mac found that once you'd seen one diner, you'd seen them all. Some owners tended to try something flashy here and there, some liked to have a decade theme, or some tried to have a more modern vibe -- whatever the hell that was supposed to be -- but underneath, they were the same. They sold the same soda brands, dished out the same burgers and fries, and all seemed to play the same songs from their jukebox.

Taking the menu from the edge of the booth, Mac skimmed over what the place offered. It didn't take him to decide; you could never go wrong with a good cheeseburger.

The waitress that had hollered hello at Mac slid up beside him.

"My name's Amber; I'll be your waitress. What can I get you, mister?"

She was pretty, he noticed as he glanced up at her. Too pretty to be working as a waitress. She had what looked to be soft brown hair tied back in a braid. Blue eyes and a small mouth.

"I'll take the cheeseburger. And a coke," said Mac.

Amber nodded her head and jotted down the order.

"Small or large for your drink?" she asked.

"Large."

"No problem, mister."

Mac closed the menu, slipped it back into its place, and said, "Name's Mac."

Amber's smile widened. "Let me know if I can get you anything else, Mac."

She turned to walk away, her hips swaying.

Mac watched her stroll, and he admired her curves. While horrid in its design, the ugly yellow uniform showed off Amber's shape well. It hugged her ass, showing its curve, and displayed enough of her breasts for Mac to know they were a decent size. Nothing obscene, but a modest handful, at least.

Amber stopped behind the counter and passed over Mac's order. He watched as she said something to the cook before her head turned towards another couple.

A young man with a young lady sat on the other side of the diner. His arm was slung over her shoulders, his eyes on his phone, while his lady friend snuggled into his chest. She kissed his neck and cheek, running her hands all over him.

Amber's smile disappeared as she watched them, her face twisted with disgust as the lady giggled.

Leaning back in his booth, Mac wondered what was happening. It was possible that Amber simply didn't like PDA, most people didn't, but from the look on her face, Mac was leaning more towards something a little more personal.

Amber placed Mac's drink on the table a minute or so later. Her smile was back in place.

"Your coke," she said.

Mac nodded. "Thanks, Sugar."

Amber let out a small snort. She placed her hand on the back of the booth beside Mac's head and asked, "Who are you calling sugar?"

Mac smirked up at her. "I meant no offence."

Her smile didn't waver.

"I wouldn't say I am offended."

Mac asked, "Was there something else you would prefer?"

Amber licked her lips and tilted her head. "You could use my name?"

Mac scrunched up his nose. That was boring.

"That's no fun."

Amber let out a soft chuckle. "What are my other options?"

Mac tapped his chin, pretending to think about it.

He offered, "Love? Honey? Sweet Cheeks? Darlin'? Doll face?"

Amber shook her head. "You don't have anything better?"

Mac chuckled. "I guess not, Sugar."

Amber sighed. "Well, if I have to choose, I think Darlin' is the most tolerable."

Mac gave her a wink. "Sure, Darlin'."

Amber laughed as she moved away from his booth and back towards the counter. Mac kept his eyes on her as she passed a few customers, checked on them and ran her cloth over the counter. Her smile remained in place until she looked back at the couple in the booth. The couple was now lip locked.

Taking a sip of his drink, Mac frowned as Amber turned and swiftly headed into the diner's kitchen. That solidified Mac's belief that it was personal. Perhaps she'd been involved with the guy, and he now had a new girl. Amber could be jealous. Or maybe it was the other way around; Amber could be a lesbian. Which would be a shame.

When Amber reappeared, her smile was in place, but it wasn't as honest as it had been. Mac found himself wanting to ensure that the smile was real. And hell, if it got him some brownie points to help in his favour, that was a bonus.

It hadn't been Mac's intent to find a pretty lady to fuck, but Amber was gorgeous. Mac couldn't remember the last time he'd been lucky enough to fuck such a pretty girl. Actually, no -- that's a lie -- her name was Melody. Mac had been in his thirties and had a pit stop in a small town in Texas. Melody had been in college, had stopped home for the weekend and found herself bored and horny. Mac hadn't had to try all that hard. She had been more than willing to get pounded.

Amber didn't seem like the type, though. Sure, she'd smiled at him, flirted. But she no doubt was hoping that the old lonely trucker would give her a tip. And sure, Mac would definitely do that. But if it got him something more, that was even better.

The couple continued their little display as Mac watched and Amber worked. She avoided them, letting the other waitress serve them, but the girl -- more than the boy -- kept getting louder. A few of the other patrons had sent them nasty glares. What surprised Mac was that when Amber stepped into the back again, her shoulders sagging as she went, the girl suddenly stopped. And when Amber reappeared, the girl went back to it.

The girl seemed to be putting on more of a show than the guy; he might not even know she was doing it.

The cook rang the bell as he placed food in the window.

"Order up."

Amber moved over to the window and took the burger. She turned and strode across the room towards Mac, where she smiled and said, "Here you go, Sugar."

Mac chuckled. "I appreciate it, Darlin'. Looks great."

Amber said, "I don't think we've ever had a complaint about our burgers."

"That's good to hear."

The girl from the booth laughed loudly, and Amber's shoulders tensed. Mac glanced around Amber to the girl and frowned.

He said, "I know it's not my business, but that girl is acting like that intentionally."

Amber frowned. "What do you mean?"

Mac picked up a fry and said, "The second you walked out and weren't in her view, she stopped all her giggling and nonsense."

Amber's face turned sour; the corner of her mouth twitched.

"Whatever is going on," said Mac, "ignore the little bitch. She ain't worth it."

Amber took a deep breath. "You're right. Thank you, Mac."

Mac smiled. "You are welcome, Darlin'."

Mac ate his burger while keeping an eye on Amber. He was halfway through his meal when the guy and the girl left, and he caught the look the girl gave Amber as she strode out the door. But Amber took Mac's advice and ignored her. She kept working and smiling, and when they were gone, Amber walked over to Mac and placed down a slice of pie.

She said, "On the house."

Mac nodded. "You don't need to thank me."

"Sure I do."

"I'd prefer if you would join me." He gestured to the seat across from him.

Amber bit down on her lower lip and said, "My shift finishes in 30 minutes. If you want to wait, I'll join you."

Mac said, "I've got nowhere to be, Darlin'."

Progress. The pretty girl had agreed to sit with him. Mac wondered how far he could push it. He didn't want to make Amber uncomfortable after how nice she'd been to him. He just needed to ensure he didn't get his signals crossed. And Amber was a sweet girl, and Mac would never complain when a pretty girl wanted to spend time with him, even if it was just to talk.

Having finished his meal and paid, Mac stepped outside to have a cigarette. He kept glancing inside and spotted Amber. Almost every time he looked, she was watching him. She would smile when he caught her watching before moving off. And when her shift was over, she stepped outside with a bag over her shoulder.

She said, "Did you want to stay here? Cause there's a bar not too far, and I could do with a drink."

Mac nodded. "I'll never say no to a pretty lady buying me a drink."

Amber scoffed. "Who said I was buying?"

"Well, if that's the case, I'll buy you a drink."

Amber grinned. "How could I say no?"

She asked, "Did you want to take your car?"

"I've got my truck parked at the gas station."

"You're a truck driver?"

He nodded. "All my life."

"Seriously?"

Amber took a step down the road towards, Mac assumed, the bar. It was back towards the gas station.

He said, "Started young and never stopped. I live out of a duffle bag nine months out of the year."

"That sounds lonely." Amber frowned and adjusted her grip on her bag.

"Not at all. I enjoy my transient life. I get to see the whole country."

"So does that mean you don't have a family? No wife? No kids?"

"Nope." Mac shook his head. "I've never been in one place long enough to have a relationship, and I never wanted kids."

"So it's just you?"

"I've got a younger brother. I'm actually going to see him after I deliver my next load. It's been a few years since I've seen him and his kids."

"It's good you've got some family."

"What about you?"

"I live with my mum and my little sister."

"No boyfriend?"

"No. I was seeing someone."

"Didn't go well?"

"Well, you saw her little act for yourself."

"Oh, so you a lesbian?"

"Bisexual, actually."

"And this girl, was she your first girlfriend?"

"She was. I broke up with my boyfriend after I met her because I felt there was something special between us. But there wasn't, and she was psychotic."

"Aren't most women?"

Amber's mouth dropped open, and she smacked Mac lightly on the shoulder. "Mac, that is rude."

He chuckled. "I think most women have it in them to become psychotic. It's not a bad thing. Sometimes crazy is attractive."

Amber chuckled and sighed. "Yes, well, this crazy bitch decided the best way to get back at me was to hook up with my ex-boyfriend."

"So your ex-girlfriend is flaunting your ex-boyfriend in front of you?"

Amber nodded.

"Wow, sounds like high school drama."

"That's exactly what it is."

Mac stopped. "Wait? You're in high school?"

No pussy was worth getting thrown in the slammer.

Amber laughed. "No. Sometimes I wish I was. It would make the drama in my life make sense."

"So you're in college?" he asked.

"Yeah, online. I'm doing it part-time, so I can work and help my mum out."

"That's good of you."

"Mum worked herself to the bone while I was growing up. I think it's only fair to help out now that I can." Amber let out a sigh. "Sometimes I wish I could have left, though. Only to leave all of the crap I could do without behind."

Mac said, "You don't need to run away from it. Just forget about it; ignore it. Find the right person to distract you enough to help you forget."

Amber smirked and said, "Are you offering?"

The picture of Amber on her knees, her little mouth struggling to swallow his cock flashed through his mind. Mac hoped she didn't mind his age, and after a comment like that, he somehow believed she wouldn't.

They reached the gas station, and Mac asked, "Where's this bar?"

Amber stopped and spun around to face him. A cheeky grin lifted her face as she clasped her hands behind her back.

She said, "I changed my mind."

"Did you?"

She nodded. "It might sound stupid, but I've never been in a truck before, and I was curious to see what your cab looks like."

Mac licked his lips. That had to be the biggest 'fuck me' hint he'd ever heard. No girl wanted to see a man's truck unless she wanted his cock. But then again, there could always be someone. Just because Mac had never met someone didn't mean Amber wasn't genuine. Either way, it was a step closer to what Mac was looking for.

"Alright, you can have a look." Mac pulled his keys out of his pocket and led her to his truck.

The area was mostly quiet. There were only a few streetlights; none was anywhere close to Mac's truck. And only one other truck was parked, but it was on the other side of the lot.

Mac pulled open the door and nodded his head. "Up you get."

Amber smiled widely and reached out. She grasped the handle and hoisted herself up. Her uniform swished as she climbed, her butt sticking out, giving Mac a clear view of her pink panties.

Mac's cock twitched at the site. He swallowed and shook his head, telling his body to behave before he hoisted himself up. As Amber stood in the small space between chairs, he dropped into his seat. She looked amazed.

"I didn't realise you had a bed," she said.

She pressed her hand on the mattress before sitting on the edge.

"Where did you think I would sleep?" he asked.

"In the seat or maybe on the floor. That or you would book a hotel."

Mac shook his head. "Occasionally, if it's freezing, I will book a room, but otherwise, it gets expensive. Companies cover certain costs when we are making deliveries, but they don't give you anything for accommodation."

Amber frowned. "That seems a little unfair."

"The world isn't fair, Darlin'."

"That becomes more apparent every day."

Amber ran her hand across the mattress before pulling her bag from her shoulder and sitting it on the passenger seat. She shifted back and placed her hands down. She put her whole weight on her hands, pushing her chest out slightly.

Mac's eyes dropped to her chest momentarily before he glanced away. Everything told him that Amber was hinting at sex, but he still felt uncertain.

Amber smiled at him and asked, "How many girls have you had on this bed?"

Mac gave her a puzzled looked. "Why do you ask?"

She shrugged. "You said you've been driving trucks your whole life. I doubt you're a fifty-year-old virgin, so I reckon you've had a few ladies in here. Pick them up from diners or gas stations. You'd flash that warm smile, be kind to them, maybe even help them out and then lure them back to your truck where they showed you how much they appreciated your kindness."

Mac wanted to laugh. She was a clever one.

Mac said, "If my plan was to lure you back here just so I could fuck you, I would've just said so. In my life, I've learnt that being straight about what you want is easier than dancing around one another like you young folk like to do."

"So you don't want to fuck me?" Amber tilted her head to the side.

Mac chuckled.

Amber asked, "I thought that's what all men wanted. Hell, what women want too."

"Don't get me wrong," said Mac, "I've thought about it." Vividly. "A pretty thing like you, I couldn't stop myself. But the difference between your exes and me is that I'm not trying to make everything so complicated."

Amber seemed unsure.

Mac said, "What did you think when I first walked into the diner tonight?"

She said, "Not much, really. Just another customer."

"And after you spoke to me?"

"I thought you were nice. Funny. But I get a lot of people like that." She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I kept waiting for you to say some cheesy pick-up line. But then you were just genuinely kind."