The Nose Knows

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jen was crying softly and a few patrons noticed but I really didn't care. I took her hand in mine and squeezed it gently. She looked at me with tear filled eyes and whispered:

I'm so sorry Tom. There are no words to describe how sorry and ashamed I am. I love you so much and I'm so grateful that you are willing to try to forgive me. I feel so horrible - - - - I- -

At this point she had to gasp for air and shuddering, she stammered:

"I am so ashamed that I thought about jumping overboard and if it weren't for the girls, I think I would have."

The image of my wife plunging into the sea made the hair on my arms and neck stand up. I got knots in my stomach thinking that if I hadn't ended this fiasco I might be telling my daughters that there mother was gone. - - - and it would have been my fault. The thought terrified me and I took her by the arm and headed for our cabin.

EPILOGUE:

It has been almost three years since we took our one and only cruise. I don't think either of us would want to risk the memories that another sea going venture might engender. For my part I have pretty much put the incident behind me but at times when she doesn't think I notice, I see Jen go into a little funk and shake her head as if trying to clear away a bad memory.

I can't say that it was easy, at least not initially but when we left the ship's bar that afternoon and went back to our cabin I made love to my wife on that very same bed. With each passing day, every week and month that has elapsed, our lives have eventually returned to normal. When I hold her in my arms at night I still sometimes shudder at what might have happened if I had continued my foolish punishment.

Carol and Jen are still best friends. It seems that all of Carols vitriol was directed at Ted and for months she berated and belittled him over his indiscretion. When she eventually decided to use her "get out of jail free" card with a coworker Ted had had enough. I guess their love, well, her love at least, wasn't strong enough to allow for forgiveness and they eventually divorced.