The Novel

Story Info
Was it fiction or fact??
7.9k words
4.18
30.5k
65
67
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Slick742
Slick742
789 Followers

Note: No burn the bitch but living happy works in this case. This was edited by Microsoft editor but, don't be upset if something pops up.

Also, I'm not up on the dealings of a book publisher so as SaddleTramp1953 writes in part: "For those who want to say this or that would never happen, remember this is my universe, a place where nearly everything can and often does, happen. Slick742

Enjoy

*****

THE NOVEL

Robert Helms took a week off to get away from his job and life. At 54 years old his job as a college history professor was coming to an end with enough years of service and age to retire early in a few months. His investments had multiplied many times over and money was the least of his concerns. What he was missing was companionship.

For the past year his 52-Year-old wife Roseann spent most of her time on her latest fiction novel. He tried to break her away from it, but when she got into writing she was able to close out everything and everybody. As he drove into the driveway of his Jersey shore house he noticed a package on his front doorstep.

"Let's see, what do have here?" He grinned while opening the well-wrapped package. "Ah, a book written by....by Maxine Bolt, Roseann's alias." He glanced at the title and had to sit down on the front porch swing:

"A CHEATER'S CONFESSION"

He saw the note taped to the front cover from his old Army buddy PFC Sanderson, who worked at the publishing company:

'I saw that it was your wife's newest book. She's got a wild mind my friend.... Sandy'

Her other novels were mystery and crime novels, so this seemed to be a big change. The title interested him and since it was around 3PM he had some daylight left to start reading. When darkness came the small porchlight gave him enough light to keep reading her book but had to quit a few times; not because he was tired, but because of his anger.

"That cheating-ass bitch!" He gasped as he finished the last chapter at 4AM the next morning. He heard his phone beep and pulled it out of his pants pocket. It was his daughter Lisa. "Hello."

"Daddy I've been calling you all night was worried. Why haven't you answered my calls?"

"I've been reading your mother's new fucking book."

"Oh no! I was hoping you hadn't received a copy. It's fiction Daddy, please realize that."

"Did your slut mother tell you to say that? Fiction my ass. There is too much fact to not be real. Yeah, the names were different, but the story follows our life verbatim. You know that this means you are not my daughter right?"

"She told me that was not true. There is no way that Uncle Roy is my dad. And even if was his sperm you will always be my real father. How did you get the book? It's not supposed to be on the market until a few more weeks and Mom said it was being changed."

He didn't want to get Sandy, his buddy, in trouble so he answered a question with a question. "How did you see it?" She didn't answer. "Fuck, you saw the draft before it was sent to the publisher didn't you?"

"Yes I found it and I told Mom to make changes. She said she would, but I guess she didn't do it. I'm sorry Daddy."

"My own daughter keeps secrets from me and now says she is worried about me. Hell, the whole world is going to know what a cuckold I've been for the past 30 years. I'll tell you what Lisa stay the hell away from me or I'll say something I might regret. And tell that skank mother of yours I'll be starting divorce proceedings on Monday." He hung up. The phone immediately buzzed again but he turned it off.

*****

Roseann didn't hear back from her publisher as to when her book was due to go to press. Over a month ago, after talking to Lisa, she knew that changes had to be made so she did some drastic modifications with omissions, timings, locations, and relationships. Her editor's assistant said they were still in discussions about the wording but were non-committal about the final decision.

She had used the writing of this novel as a personal confession of her many adulteries she had during her 30-year marriage with Robert. It was like confessing to a priest to help erase her guilt. The book describes the life of a wife leading two lives. One a devoted loving wife and the second a cheating lying slut. She knew it would sell a lot of copies. She was sitting in her NYC loft when her phone rang.

"Lisa why are you calling so early in the morning? Is everything alright?"

"Oh God Mom! Daddy knows. He got a copy of your book, and I don't think your changes were made. He even blamed me and hung up his phone."

"What!? They promised me the changes were in the final draft ready for printing. They never confirmed that they may my changes made. What did he say?"

"He said the...the story follows our life verbatim, and it means I am not his daughter."

"Fuck, I rewrote that whole chapter and there was no daughter born from one of her lovers. Where is he? I haven't talked to him in over a week."

"It's been longer than that. Neither one of us have heard from you in almost a month. I'm surprised you even answered my call this morning."

"I'm so sorry. Now that the book is finished I was planning on going to Europe with your dad and you to celebrate its release."

Lisa was flamingly pissed. "Well, you can forget about going anywhere with Dad. He said you cuckolded him for 30 years and that you better stay away from him. And right now, I feel the same. Goodbye!"

"Lisa don't hang up!" But she was gone. She tried to call the publisher, but it was too early and went to her voice mail.

"Helen this is Roseann Helm. I have a serious problem, or should I say you do with my book. I sent you changes and was told they were in the works. Now I hear the published book was sent to my husband without the changes and he is ready to divorce me. Since I have not signed off on the final printing I'm going to sue your ass for as much as I can. First, you had better STOP THE FUCKING PRESS!"

Her whole body was trembling as she collapsed onto the floor and covered her face with her hands. "Oh God no... please I can't lose the only man I've ever loved."

*****

"What a dumb shit I've been for 30 fucking years," Robert said out loud before lifting the fifth of Jack Daniels to his lips and swallowing a big gulp. He remembered the book said she first cheated with a man who they went to Martha's Vineyard with. The book said his name was Jerry, but he remembered it was their insurance man Perry. "Kind of rhymes don't they?" So, she fucked Perry in the boat house while he and Perry's wife sat on the balcony drinking wine. They were supposed to be getting the boat ready for a cruise the next day. Fucking Perry. "How could she fuck that asshole?" He asked no one. "And according to the book she was the one who seduced him."

A few chapters later the book described how she had sex with her husband's brother bareback and became pregnant. She was thrilled the child resembled her husband's family and that her husband wouldn't detect a problem. She described Lisa down to the birthmark on her right shoulder. It wasn't a fucking fictional novel. There were three other mentions of adultery and even a gangbang of four men on a trip to Florida. He remembered the trip she took to finish her previous book and it was only six years ago. It was that chapter that described the woman being fucked in three holes while she was jerking off the fourth man. He had to run to the porch rail to throw up after reading it.

It was too early to call his lawyer to get the divorce paperwork started. However, he managed to get his banking account online and froze all the joint accounts. He knew he had the trust account that his parents had set up for him to fall back on and she couldn't touch it. Money wouldn't be a problem for either of them since she profited so much on her previous book sales. And this book, once it came out that it was mostly true, would have sales out the roof. "Fucking bitch... she planned this to get media attention."

He was raging mad but when he sat down his mood flopped to complete destruction. For the first time since his father's death, he cried until he couldn't cry no more.

*****

Roseann was trembling with anger and fear when her editor Helen texted her back. 'Roseann it's Helen Myers. The book wasn't supposed to be printed and sent out until the twentieth of the month. The factory must have mistaken the date to be the second of the month. Only a few hundred or so were to be sent out to Book of the Month club members who get the copies before the bookstores. I have no idea who sent a copy to your husband. Please know how sorry I am.'

She picked up the phone, but Helen didn't answer so she texted back, 'It's too late, the one person who wasn't supposed to read it received it. I now have everything I've wanted in life except the main person who I want to grow old with.'

*****

Robert finally fell asleep on the sofa and was totally out until he heard the door to the Shore house opening. As he slowly woke up he remembered the nightmare and collapsed back down. Sometime later he felt soft finger rubbing over his forehead. He grabbed the person's wrist and pushed it back with force. He heard a crash and saw his cheating wife laying out against the wooden coffee table. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"Robert please...I think my shoulder is injured. It hurts."

He wanted to hurt her more but realized he still loved her. "I'm sorry let me help you get up." At 52 years old she was in pretty good shape but was getting too old to take such a tumble.

She hung onto his body and was able to sit on the sofa where he had been sleeping.

"Should I call the EMTs?" He asked hoping they wouldn't bring the police and claim abuse.

She slowly moved it and knew it wasn't serious. "No, I've had the pain before as you can remember. I came to make sure you are OK.... I'm so sorry and..."

"How could you lie to me all those years? You made me a cuckold Roseann.... thinking you only loved me and were being fucked by who knows how many other men? And now you are telling the whole fucking world! You wrote that I was terrible in bed and couldn't get it up most of the time. And the fucking ending where you and I buy a place in the islands and live happily ever after.. FUCK YOU!"

"That was fiction baby. Most of the sex was fiction to build up tension and justification for the wife." You've never failed to please me in bed. Besides no one will think that the actions closely resemble our life."

"Tell me you didn't write this book thinking when people discover it is your biography that sales will be a top seller."

"God Robert, I would never purposely tell anyone that my life was a wanton slut and would hurt both Lisa and you. Please baby this is my last novel and I want to travel the world with you. This was only just sex.

"I ask you again. Did you ever love me?

"Yes. I love you more today than ever before. I didn't intend for you to read the book. It was in a rough unapproved draft form and was in the process of being changed. I thought the name changes and dates were enough to fool everyone. Lisa read the draft before I had a good review. Why would I want you to know all the bad things I had done?"

"How could you tell me that Lisa was mine while my brother was probably laughing his ass off at me?"

"It... It wasn't planned. It was the night when we all had too much to drink, and you passed out on the sofa. I went to bed and thought it was you climbing in next to me, but it was Roy as I discovered the next morning. He fucked me from behind and I thought it was you doing it. I had just gone off the pill and was hoping you would get me pregnant. I fell back asleep and woke up in an empty bed with cum dripping from inside. I was happy until I found you on the living room floor in the same position you were in when you passed out. I quickly realized that Roy had fucked me, and I hurried upstairs to douche. I couldn't take the chance that you would believe him and order a DNA check. He basically raped me while I was under the influence. Please forgive me. But you are her father, sperm, or no sperm."

"I call bullshit! According to your 'Confessions of a Cheater' fictional novel or should I say autobiography, what about all the other men you cheated with?"

She knew her marriage was hanging on a string about to snap. "My love for you is real and the cheating had nothing to do with you. I have been living two completely different lives. Real heart-filled love with you and a separate slut who slept with other men. I never wanted to hurt you and stupid me wrote a confession of the slut not thinking it being too closely paralleling our life together. I was shocked when Lisa read the draft but was thankful she told me how real it sounded. I immediately called Helen and she said she would stop it, but I guess no one told the printing and distribution. I pray that you do not believe that I did this on purpose to sell books. Why would I want people to believe what a slut I was?"

"Well, I know it now, so we are finished."

"But... but only a few people may have received the book and..." She stopped when her phone buzzed, and she saw Helen's name. "You better have good news!"

Helen's voice was cheerful, "Great news we were able to stop the postal truck before it left the dock. The shipment to the Book of the Month club was stopped!! I'm at a loss how a book made it to your husband. I have ordered the batch of books be destroyed. Please find out who sent it to him and get the book."

Roseann was still in pain as she covered the phone mic. "None of the books were shipped and they will be destroyed. It looks like somehow you got the only one. How did you get it?"

"Fuck you and the book publisher! What book are you talking about?" He smirked. "I never received a book."

She knew the book was the proof of her adultery past and could be used against both her and the publisher in a court of law. "So that's it huh? You're giving up on our marriage."

He laughed, "Which marriage? The one where we met, fell in love, exchanged vows to honor and cherish, not to mention forsake all others? Or the one where your other self fucked other guys, cuckolded me, and let me raise another bastard's child?"

"Helen said it was only to be sent to the Members of the book of the Month Club. It was stopped so no one knows."

"Well, I got a copy and know what a fucking cunt I've been living with. Seeing you now makes me want to puke. Get out of my family's shore house. I'll be calling my lawyer to sue your fucking distributer and start divorce proceedings."

"Honey I know I've hurt you, but we need this to go away quietly. If the press gets a hold of it the call for copies of the book will blow away the record of sales. Even if we both sue the publisher they will still make a fortune."

"Wasn't that your intention? Fuck the respect of the husband, if you make it to the top of the best seller's list?"

"God, I would never do that to you for fame and money. I love you Baby." She moved to hug him, but he pushed her away. "I will go to counseling to find out why I keep doing this.

"Doing that meaning you haven't stopped? Fuck me! You have done more after submitting the draft. If I hadn't found out you were still going to fuck others. You sure have not been fucking me for the past two months." She looked down and didn't respond so he knew it was true.

"Who else Roseann? Anybody else I know?"

"Does it matter?" She snapped back. "It's... it's been a while since I slept with anyone.

"Hell, yes it matters. If I see them I'll know they fucked my wife. Slept? Ha! Fucking is a better word. And in your ass!"

"A lot of the book, especially that part, was fictional. No one has ever invaded my ass."

"So, the four men that made you air-tight? You ass was included right?" She looked down. "You're still lying. Fuck you Maxine." He decided that was her name from now forward. "I'm going for a walk on the beach. When I get back, you and your shit had better be gone."

"The airtight part was fictional."

"Leave!"

*****

While Robert walked on the beach he felt better that hundreds or thousands of readers would not know how she had made a cuckold of him. He quickly called PFC Sanderson. "Sandy, it's Robert. Just a warning to keep your head down. The book was not supposed to go to print and the one book you sent me was the only one."

"Yeah man, I know. The shit has hit the fan and rumors are flying all over the place. Word is that it has made it to the press. Evidently the book I sent you wasn't the only copy sent out to friends and families. The management here have been very loose by overlooking that practice."

"Thanks for that info. Just lay low."

Robert returned to the shore house and saw his wife's car missing but his daughter's car was in her place. He was tough on Lisa before and would now hear her story with calmness. She was waiting for his arrival.

"DADDY, I'm so sorry! I didn't tell you because... because I didn't want you to be hurt. And I didn't want you to know you're not my daddy." He could see her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She ran to him and stopped to make sure she would hug her. Robert raised his hands, and she flew into his body.

"I'll always be your daddy baby. I love you more than ever now. Now tell me how you discovered the draft and what you said to your mother."

"When mom spent a week in Bermuda she asked me to water her plants in her loft. She said I could stay and enjoy Manhattan. I'm glad I did because I met Luke at the Met Museum, and we've begun dating. My IPAD was dead, so I used her desktop to make a dinner reservation. She always keeps her password under the mouse pad and doesn't lock up her word file. When I saw the title, 'A CHEATER'S CONFESSION', I cried when I read about her having sex with her brother-in-law and getting pregnant." She had to sit down.

"When she returned I was sitting in the lounge when she walked in. She was happy to see me until I pushed her away and told her I read her draft."

Robert stopped her, "Did you say she went to Bermuda?"

"Yes about three months ago. Why?"

"The next to last chapter mentioned going to Bermuda to promote her book. It read that the husband was clueless by believing she was visiting an aunt in Vermont. The chapter described how she discovered BBCs."

Lisa knew what a BBC was. "She didn't really... did she"

"Did you notice a tattoo of a queen of spades on her lower left leg?"

"No, I don't remember seeing it when she came back."

Robert sighed and sat down looking defeated. "The tattoo was mentioned in the last chapter. How could I be so fucking clueless? She's right, my love and trust for her made me blind. It's time to raise hell."

*****

Roy Helms was passed out while sitting on the sofa on his front porch. He had been on a three-day drunk since he lost his last job at the Bojangles drive up. His third wife had left him after his unemployment ran out. His life had turned to shit after he was dishonorably discharged from the Army for bringing a whore into the barracks. It was bad timing on his part when he called his last living relative, his brother, to get a loan.

"Hello Bobby, it's your big brother Roy. How the fuck are you?" It was his fourth attempt trying to hit the correct numbers on his cheap flip phone.

"What do you want fuck-nuts?"

"Hey, is that a way to talk to your brother?"

Robert didn't know if Roy knew he was Lisa biological dad and sure as hell wasn't going to tell him. "What do you want?"

"Well, I lost my Job and need some cash to eat. You know I own the beach house too."

"Bull shit. I paid you for half the value of the house 10 years ago. You signed the papers. Shit Roy don't tell me you have gone through 160 thousand dollars.

"My second wife cleaned me out."

Slick742
Slick742
789 Followers