All Comments on 'The Nuclear Family Pt. 02'

by other2other1

Sort by:
  • 157 Comments (Page 2)
ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonalmost 2 years ago

Got my attention, can't wait for the third installment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Boy, the author wasn’t kidding at the beginning of this story. I mean, why write it in two words when you can use ten? And he does, and even more. The story is actually pretty good, clichés and all. It’s redundant in more than one place, his arguments with his family being most notable. Until his father threatened to ruin him at the end of this chapter every argument they had was just the ‘same old same old’. Almost verbatim. Oh well, onward and upward. Thanks for sharing, other1.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Let’s see. Stole the story, over written, verbose to the point of stupidity, inane and unbelievable.

Just plain BAD.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly, I seriously doubt that I'll bother with parts 3 and 4. Still childish, still repetitive, too freakin' long (two more parts? Really?), too many clichés to count. Did you mean to write the whole family as mentally retarded?

///

Ex-wife and ex-brother sitting at the MMA fight, kissing and hugging just to piss him off, then outside the building she tries to reconcile? Nobody, not even in a fiction story, nobody is that stupid. Why would she do that if she wanted to get back together? The author isn't thinking: he's just stringing scenario's together.

///

The story barely makes sense and I care nothing for any of the characters. Yeah, I'm done with this. 3 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sounds to me like you also plagiarized the theme from TTT's story, "A Town Without Honor", along with the other stories you stole from. You can't go around stealing a plot from one story, cherry-picking scenes out of a bunch of others, string'em all together and, voilà, look what I wrote! That's not how it works.

.

And why is this silly story still continuing? What else does this chuck norris- wannabe got left to do? Win the lottery, be elected king of the world, then retire as a stud breeder for all the bikini models in SI's swimsuit edition? Put it out of it's misery and end it. You're embarrassing yourself.

BigfundrewBigfundrewalmost 2 years ago

Wow.

I was expecting this to get unnecessarily stretched way too far and become tedious. But, it's very well crafted and among the very best I've read here.

drycreeksdrycreeksalmost 2 years ago

I wasnt going to write a review yet BUT after feading some of the comments i wanted to weigh in. 1st none of u writers here r getting pd correct ? I read hundreds of stories here i follow several hundred. I have noticed what i would call some bleed over cross over from lotsa authors. I would find it really hard to write a story with no bleed from other authors there is just so many stories i have read swimmimg aroumd in my head. 2nd i f somebody doednt like the story for any reason why cant u just not tead it ? Why b butts about it. If u can do better have at it i love reading the stories here good or bad if its that bad i just go on to another ots just ur opinion just like a.. holes we all have them. So i say to u thanks for ur hard work n time kno its enjoyed and appreciated. Pls continue.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 2 years ago

Very good writing. I found the length appropriate, and the style compelling for the plot elements. Looking forward to parts 3 and 4.

Those Anonymous Cowards sound an awful lot like Brad Other.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

To the commenter below who says, " You can't go around stealing a plot from one story, cherry-picking scenes out of a bunch of others, string'em all together and, voilà, look what I wrote! That's not how it works"... Um, no, that's EXACTLY how it works! February Sucks? We Need to Talk? There's a million stories about strange cars in driveways and poisonous work friends, disloyal brothers and jealous besties, controlling mothers and greedy daughters and yes, fucking awful families! You can't now say, after decades of derivatives you never saw that THIS was the straw breaking the camel's back! It's a good spin on a well-known topic, and I give it 5 stars.

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

There have been at the time I'm writing this 109 comments. I'm not about to read all of them, but have read a fair number and genuinely don't understand the vitriol from various Anons.

Perhaps the writer would benefit if the story was less over the top and characters less perfectly good or bad or smart or stupid. The mother's character seems inconsistent, not everything makes sense (for example Robbie being announced as the new champion for winning his first ever pro bout which was a small time warmup for his opponent) but I'm enjoying it more than many tales we see here.

6King6Kingalmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐❕

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Very good, I love the way different authors take similar plots and occurrences and put a new or different twist to them. 5 stars of course. Kudos to the author and his editors and proof readers.

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 2 years ago

@Skibum

Why delay posting?

I have read stories here where all parts were posted at the same only to be mixed up, or posted in a different category or?????

With that said what would you do?

bobareenobobareenoalmost 2 years ago

I like reading about MMA fights, where the fight is covertly between two others. I loved the showdown between father and son. Got 5 stars from this old fella. Hard on my eyes seeing all those gold/orange stars up there.

guyk1963guyk1963almost 2 years ago

What a horrendously beautiful tale you're weaving, my friend! I truly enjoy your depth! Cannot wait for more! Good on ya!

C_frommnC_frommnalmost 2 years ago

Father needs to get off his high horse and really think. He and his family tried to destroy the only one who kept them going. Hand the buisness over to brad it should end up like him Fat with debt and Broke.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Did you find every cliche on here and decide to throw it in? You may have borrowed from Soul but he never wrote anything so unbelievably sickly sweet and sugary. God this preposterous. I do not understand why the men here feel it necessary to write such over the top male characters who always find women that simply do not exist in nature.

AmazonmtmAmazonmtmalmost 2 years ago

I don’t get why so many people expect stories to reflect what reality statistics so mostly occurs. This is a story, and I have been loving it. I do think deep down, why am I obsessed with these stories, do I need to see a psychologist? Either way, thank you fort our story!

Gmann006Gmann006almost 2 years ago

Very good emotional ending to part 2, enjoying this story very much

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So, the family thinks Robbie is a sh*t because he won't return to be the glue that holds the family business together. How was this ever a viable business while he was growing up. It should be sold if they can't run it profitably. LP

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm a sentimental sap I guess as the tears are still flowing. Loved the ending of part two. Well done.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

I red most of the plot here in other stories.

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazierover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐ Pretty good, but I'm sure I read this same story under a different name. I do wish that he'd knock his Dad on his ass. His family are just too ridiculously immoral.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finished reading the two stories that inspired this one... Both are well written, but of the three stories, this is the better read. One is too extreme, turning the ex into a sex slave, and the other feels...stilted.

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

Jesus, can’t these people shut the fuck up?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done.

Ocker53Ocker53over 1 year ago

I don’t understand how he could even have a conversation or an argument with his former family and I certainly don’t see what his mother did for him to call her mum again, just not realistic, not even a little bit.⭐️⭐️⭐️

amygdalaamygdalaover 1 year ago

There are no referees 10 count in MMA. You Also you describe MMA without mentioning the ground game like grappling and submission. You should have written the MC as a participating in a kickboxing event, which has no ground game and has a 10 count knockdown rule.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Ridiculous family. But still not that unrealistic. I've met people like this in real life who seem to be living in their own world, high on delusions and arrogance. They are like these crazy flat-earthers. You can take them to the moon and have them see planet Earth with their very own eyes, round and nice, but they will still refuse to accept reality. You can't beat these people with logic or anything else. The best medicine against such living headaches is to simply avoid them.

JacktacularJacktacularover 1 year ago

It’s FICTIONAL people stop nitpicking ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Good read.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Ponderous dialog with his family. You know little about mma as others pointed out. Why is it a main plot point? Adds nothing

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Fantastic story. Well written.

Now think of this. A person who has the heart and soul and carries a weak and lazy family. Said family would rather lie and destroy the main person rather than admit they were wrong.

Now expand that thought out to countries. One country with the heart and soul to help the others forward.

And yet all the other countries working to destroy the one country helping them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So who was keeping Brad's company afloat before Robbie Stu started working there?

Also, WTF is Brad Sr.'s problem with Robbie? Was he plowing Georgia as well?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This cunt writer loses the plot at times

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You needed to add at least 1 more 0 to the amount of money that Amy makes. According to my math she only makes $600000 a year. But lives in a house worth millions. Doesn't make any sense.

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Why couldn't Toni's little sister have been killed in a really vicious Drop Bear attack? That would have been a "Highlight" for me!!

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

Well you really kept this going, still a good story, still growing

RamazaRamazaabout 1 year ago

Jesus, you sure have a talent for making people cry, and I do mean that in a good way, you can raise emotions in your readers like nobody’s business, over and over again. Well done and thank you for sharing your work with us.

Ravey19Ravey1911 months ago

Oh boy, some lovely comments. Loved the way you've developed the story but cannot get over the pigheadedness of the father an stupidity of the brother and sister. Rooting for Amy.

londonteadrinkerlondonteadrinker9 months ago

Thoroughly enjoying this, on to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Two pages of sex. Two pages more unecessary pages of your MC fighting, and another blah blah blah with his family who seems to less smart than chimps. Repetitive and boring, Seems that when you stopped copying other writers you have no idea what to do with your story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Just my 10 cents but I find the authors thoughts, recap etc., unnecessary, distracting and annoying. It just feels like filler.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@ anon 8 months ago, the money Amy takes from the business says nothing about her actual worth. It's as much a tax thing as anything. The company might own the house and Amy will only pay tax on the money she takes out, why take out more than you need if all it means is you're paying tax on it? The rest of the millions in profits that her company makes will be plowed back into the company, saving tax and providing for a bigger wedge to make further profits from. I can see that you maybe more of a Brad snr than an Amy where business is concerned.

Darkness86Darkness867 months ago

Second time I'll be reading this series it's a good series although I don't understand why Robbie just didn't walk away during his father's rant

moultonknobmoultonknob7 months ago

Can't be bothered with the next part as story so far is just another version of at least two others on here, different names and places but otherwise a copy.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Robbie is a kept man by a rich bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

MC wastes too much time talking to his family. It's fucking annoying and to make it worse the bitches Hattie ends up living with him and he communicates with Georgia and Joanne. MC is a dumb asshole manipulated by the bitches in his life

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The Darren Toni drama with them hanging around all the time and interfering in Amy and Ronnie's relationship was fucked up. Asshole Robbie should have went into business rather than fighting if he was so indispensable in his father's company. Waste of time reading this shitshow

Odess83Odess834 months ago

То есть мать вспомнила, что любит сына когда семья на пути к разорению? Ведь сначала она отнеслась к нему так же как и все остальные, так что это не любовь, а страх за будущее.

И не понимаю дохода Эни... Её (!!) Фирма имеет чистую прибыль в 6 миллионов, а она почему-то получает лишь 600'000... Это как? А куда идут остальные деньги? И 600к это всего лишь 50к в месяц. Да это деньги и хорошие, но не более чем средний класс. Так что непонятно откуда у неё такие заявления.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

This story has gone nowhere fast.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Your dialog with the MC's family continues to be weak, cerebral, and way lacking in the MC's anger and angst.

Then your comment that "Dad was stuck on his pride". What pride? He wants the MC back to help run the company. Then when continuing to be denied he gets angry because he has this absurd and guiltless sense of entitlement. I am missing where there is any pride involved? That he refuses to apologize for his horrific behaviour and actions? That is what you are claiming is pride? That he disinherits his son because his son won't kowtow to him and come back to work? The MC's father calls him a mistake? At least he is showing more anger and rage than the MC

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Wow, first part was kind of stupid, I kept going because I hoped it would get better. It got worse. Making the mom into this wishy washy character that's kind of a split personality? Some sense of morality even then going nowhere with it? Kind of over the top and stupid don't you think?

NicealloverNiceallover2 months ago

There is just too much repetition of the same theme. Robert’s mother is the only person with character development. Robert is too good, a superhero who has no flaws, no doubts and no fears. It’s so obvious that he will win that it makes the outcome humerus.

BAnde53507BAnde53507about 2 months ago

The last conversation between Robbie and his Mom is sooooo sad. She will stand by her husband even at the cost of losing a son. I don't fault her. She is in a no-win situation. She is the one who will hurt most of all.

P.S. Wow. So many negative comments here. It's as if the commenters are members of the family in the story and Other2Other1 is Robbie. I respect the opinions, but it is fiction, people.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I have no idea why you have such haters in the comments. I am thoroughly enjoying your story and am looking forward to Pt. 3

AnonymousAnonymous22 days ago

I like this story and how it is being told. The only action that I would have liked to have seen that isn't there is for our erstwhile hero to have gone to visit Cody in the hospital to see how he's doing, if for no other reason than professional courtesy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A really excellent story that keeps us entertained and is well written. Thank you Mr Other for your writing. Just really well done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userother2other1@other2other1
I am just you’re average Aussie guy, I have a wonderful family, I enjoy a rum and coke, driving my Mustang (which my kids also love) and I own a couple of businesses. I work with a few different editors, but note that my mistakes are my own as I like to tinker after an edit. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories