All Comments on 'The Nutcracker'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Loved the ending!

5

ArdieffArdieffover 2 years ago

Fun and sweet - some heavy Austen meta commentary there ;-)

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraover 2 years ago

Beautiful take on these character types. Absolutely love the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As per usual you have made my day with another of your excellent stories. They always have interesting and three dimensional characters with an enjoyable story. Thank you.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

Delightful, as always.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved this!!!!! So much

dwoelfledwoelfleover 2 years ago

Your stories are thoughtful and lovely. This one is beautiful. Thank you.

Ian_SnowIan_Snowover 2 years ago

Terrific story, terrific characters, a whole lot of heart. Loved this.

SimonBrookeSimonBrookeover 2 years ago

Very, very nicely done. It's not often we get a story on here with a full supporting cast of well drawn characters. Yes, you telephoned in all your punches, but you did it so beautifully that it all worked. Altogether a fine addition to the oevre of early nineteenth-century romance.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Loved the riffing on the EB / MrD relationship! Well written, good characters and great dialogue, tbh Sister Jezebel i loved it (and I’m not an Austen fan), you do not disappoint with your stories. Definitely a 5 star, many thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz. Hohoho btw. 😉

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 2 years ago

Pretty well done even if it was absurdly predictable. A lot of silly dialog which stretched the story out to 6 pages unnecessarily. 3*

Mike9947Mike9947over 2 years ago

What an amazing story!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 2 years ago

5 stars

I cannot believe that anyone in real life would like Jane Eyre. And it is another virgin meets a millionaire trope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well-written, interesting and often amusing. Thank you. As for the story, the start was very good but the whole thing collapsed when she saw the conceited, deceiving idiot again after the ballet fiasco. She deserved much better than him. I dread to think what he believes happy marriage looks like. I'll bet baby-sitting while she goes out with the girls isn't on his agenda!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks, SisterJezabel! I needed that today :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

SisterJezabel, I’m sorry, but I have a major complaint about this story. I do not believe unprovoked violence is ever justified, and her kneeing him in the gonads was way beyond necessary. Such a defensive move is totally appropriate when someone, usually a woman, is in physical danger, but this was the response of an angry, lied to person who was in no danger.

Let’s put the shoe on the other foot. If a woman lies to a man about trying to make him like her, what would one think if he slugged her in the pelvis or crotch? He’d be labeled an abuser and rightfully so.

This lady had no right to resort to such violence under these circumstances and as a result, the entire premise of the story is unacceptable and certainly not humorous. Giving him a nutcracker gift was not funny.

I love your stories and look forward to reading them. A story that uses inappropriate violence as a theme is not one of them.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952over 2 years ago

This was a fantastic 5* story. The characters really come alive. I especially love Stella, and how you introduced Toby and then molded the reader’s understanding of his true nature was absolutely brilliant. Thank you for giving me an enjoyable morning and for sharing your abundant talents.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 2 years ago

That was a pretty sweet story. You covered those characters really well - he was a pompous git, she was nearly neurotic & overthinking everything. Your characters always feel real, like people I'd meet somewhere. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Both believe that violence against women is wrong but violence against men is Ok is its followed by a half hearted apology! 1 Star from me.

PickFictionPickFictionover 2 years ago

Loved the story and the way the the characters were developed. Held my interest all the way through.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, thank you.

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
Great story

I really enjoyed this one, even if I winced during the nut-cracking scene. But all's well that ends well. :)

Davester37Davester37over 2 years ago

A very sweet story! Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Fun story, Jez, and love the play on words in the title considering Stella’s action. Loved the story and depth of the characters, but I suspected she was putting far too much trust in the app (considering it was for his firm and he was recruiting the participants!) and then she pivoted back to him really fast after being so upset. Still, it turned out great in the end and was an excellent read. 5*

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Another good story from you even if maybe a little predictable, other than the knee in the nuts which was harsh. A good length with plenty of detail. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sorry. You lost me when no one told off Bruce for his gross behaviour. Then there were paragraphs of backstory I couldn't concentrate on properly.

I tried to plod through when you decided to talk down about the bus driver as a simpleton.

Sigh.

You write well otherwise, and I wanted to get into it, I really did. But I can't get on board with bigotry, it sours things quite a bit.

Jez4funJez4funover 2 years ago

Fuck those who have complained! I thought it was perfect!

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2IC11 months ago

Another beautiful, well-written love story. Thank you for sharing your ability of writing “happily ever after” stories, which are my favorite to read.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Luvly. A Christmas treat down under. Two Emo virgins and a real nutcracker. Unlikely domestic romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...