All Comments on 'The Oathkeepers Ch. 07'

by SkuldTheNorn

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
vacienvacienalmost 3 years ago

Noo......! Somehow paragon's death feels more climatic than the lovers finally getting together. For all his power, he died so quickly. And those horns! In the end they served no use except to help Baston hold his lifeless head up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I was the one who wanted to smash his face in but I was so upset when he died! I know I know. I know Paragon had to be gone for them to be together but I didn't want him dead! And I knew that Bastion was trouble but I never saw that coming. I didn't want you to kill off Paragon just for them to do the nasty. Aghhh!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A very unsatisfying death for Paragon.

Also, the interplay between the three characters was what made this interesting.

Now we face either improbable triumph, or heartrending tragedy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very interesting chapter, I wasn’t upset in any way about the Paragon’s death. An anticlimactic death seems appropriate. He had a very skewed sense of right, wrong and justice. He had this misplaced concept that he loved Zoe and that she was going to love him in return. He was giving her this great privilege of being his fucktoy and at the same time he enjoyed being an utter bastard towards Zoe and Aegis, because he was angry that Zoe wanted to be with Aegis instead of him.

Like Aegis said he used to be a good person. Logic dictates that there’s unlikely to be a HEA for these two, if he takes her home he’ll be killed or captured and then killed. If they get captured by his people they’ll both face a messy end.

Tess (uk)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Funny how some readers seem sad over the death of Paragon, while I was just waiting for his dominion to be over! What’s interesting to me about the idea of Paragon as a multifaceted character is that it tends to mirror many of the contradictions within our own world’s hero’s/celebrities, etc. Micheal Jackson, the painter Gaugin, Lewis Carrol, Micheal Foucault, R.Kelley, Woody Allen—all incredibly talented and famous artists. ALL of whom were or are pedophiles. It seems to be true that a person can be capable of both unparalleled genius and talent as well as insufferable cruelty and monstrosity. Society certainly hasn’t figure out how to appropriately deal with this yet, but i’m interested in seeing how you as a writer choose to discuss it.

You have a lot of different places to take the story, and i love the elaborate world-building. You’ve yet to explain how/if childbearing is possible between the two species so i’m interested in that. I also very much disagree with the comment i saw that found that only two options are possible for the remainder of the series. Thinking in binaries and absolutes always seems to me to be a mistake, and i think you have soooo many places to take this war, romance, character development and adventure. Though i did find it a bit unbelievable that Zoe would forgive Aegis so quickly (what was the point of the whole you-could’ve-set-me-free-but-didn’t thing if she was just going to immediately forgive him?) it was very satisfying to get a consenting and passionate love scene. It’ll be interesting to see how the war plays out, and the contradictory feelings that will inevitably awaken in our main characters. I love the story, really! The first i’ve ever actively checked for new chapters.

Thank you!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I have loved the story so far but I’m sad paragon is gone. I loved the dynamic and tension between the 3 of them. I think his death was too rushed and would’ve liked him around a bit longer

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 3 years ago

Well, I got my wish. Assassination. And it's bittersweet. Paragon was awful but Aegis loved him. And bastion is much worse.

Predictions... They will have some sort of mate bond. Mental connection at the very least. She will get pregnant with Gildeds and Onyxs. Bastion will try to kill her baby gilded and take some humans for himself so that he can maintain power over the oathkeepers with his own gildeds. But it won't work without the bond. Aegis and Zoe will have to become some sort of ambassadors to let earth know the danger. But will come back to rule homeworld in a better way.

How close am I? Can't wait to find out!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Oh my word it just keeps getting better and better! please continue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for writing this!

I hated Paragon but still I feel sad upon his death. His last words were heartbreaking. Your writing made me sympathize for my most hated character .

SkuldTheNornSkuldTheNornalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Well I'm glad I've upset (most) everyone with Paragon's death! My evil writer's heart is full. I'm currently about halfway through the next chapter, so stay tuned! Some of you have great guesses and I'm afraid some will be disappointed. I do want to forewarn that I will not explore the idea of 'mates' in the 'destined to be together/bonded' route. I don't like this trope and frankly find it to be inhibiting. (which is why I've decided to not write any more werewolf based stories).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Bastion looks like a guy who needed to be heavily influenced to look more than a villain, and Aegis and Zoe (more on Zoe) need to have more of negative characteristics to look not entirely like good people.

I'd like to see Zoe have a child that's half-Onyx and half-Gilded (either as like a werewolf or like a hybrid like a chimaera).

I'd also want Zoe to become the Saviour of the universes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was amazing. Paragon's death and the shifting tides of power adds realism.

The culmination of Aegis & Zoe's fraught relationship into something exaltant, really comes to personify the desire that has been nagging at the reader all along.

Well, that's just how I interpreted it.

-s.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSkuldTheNorn@SkuldTheNorn
My completed story Joining the Pack was my first foray into erotica and the werewolf genre. Next is the SciFi, more reluctance focused story: The Oathkeepers, about Zoe, a human captured by a race of aliens. I also have a story for the 2021 Halloween Contest: Of Witches and...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES