The Oathkeepers Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I've no idea," Zoe whispered and her hands again fell on her stomach. They stared at each other for a long time. The silence stretched between them as Zoe absently felt at her stomach.

Iona pulled Zoe from the pilot's chair and together they stumbled back to check out the rest of the ship. Just a small bay to transport troops. A couple cots could be folded down for longer recon missions. A two-week supply of meal kits. Iona fell back into her role and forced Zoe to lay down on one of the cots. The blond suddenly seemed to collapse with the weight of what'd they'd done. She let Iona tuck her into the cot and then Iona dropped to the ground next to her. Gently she smoothed Zoe's hair from her brow, stroking her head reassuringly as Zoe's eyes grew heavy.

"And you want to keep it?" Iona finally asked gently as she held Zoe's hand. "You must only be a few weeks along we could...deal with it if you wanted?"

Zoe's lip trembled as she held Iona's gaze. Tears again filled her eyes. "I just need to get back to Aegis. I should have never left him."

~~

"I can't believe you left her," Keeper again grumbled as Aegis stood frozen, note still in his hand.

He clenched Paragon's words in his fist as rage began to spark through him. He couldn't pinpoint where the rage was directed. Paragon? Keeper? Zoe for leaving him? Himself for letting her go? He'd been right. She was his. She could very well be carrying his child at this very moment. He'd never imagined there could be children. She'd insisted she'd hold him back, that he needed to focus on his people. But SHE and their children were his future.

"We're turning around. I need to retrieve Zoe," he barked to Wing as he finally let his eyes focus on his Turquoise friend.

The blue Oathkeeper blinked at him, then glanced to Scout and Keeper. "What about Bastion? Even now he's moving towards the human fleet. Beam has been in contact with them. They're nearly all in position now in the Forked Band."

Aegis ground his teeth, glancing away from the three. Every cell within his body screamed at him to take this ship and race to Zoe. He was so stupid. How could he have let her go? Paragon's words continued to pound within him. 'Protect her.' Suddenly they held so much more weight. And yet how could he protect her if Bastion was free to run through the human Confederation?

He snarled and kicked at the console. "Get Beam on the line. I need to speak with the human fleet."

~~

Zoe woke to find Iona curled against her in the little cot. Her oldest friend still gripped Zoe's hand as her face was nuzzled against Zoe's shoulder. She suddenly felt so warm, so much safer than she had in days. Her time on the Silent Maiden seemed so cold, such a mistake. But if it meant now getting her friend back it suddenly seemed worth it. Zoe grimaced at her selfishness. Poor Iona had sacrificed everything to help her escape. She brushed her fingers over Iona's cheek, gently tried to get a sense of Iona's emotions. Was she all right? Iona sighed in her sleep as she squeezed Zoe's other hand more tightly and then suddenly Zoe felt it. Longing coursed from Iona. As she pushed her face into Zoe's shoulder, happiness surged up through her as well.

Zoe furrowed her brow. Well, that was unexpected. Was Iona dreaming some delicious dream that made her ripple with contentment? She subtly adjusted on the tiny cot and untied Iona's silky red hair, running her fingers through it and unwinding it from its tightly knotted bun. Finally, Iona stirred awake, her eyes fluttering softly. "There she is," Zoe whispered softly. "Were you having a lovely dream?"

Iona's eyes snapped open, the piercing green surprised as she took in Zoe's face. Now embarrassment began to ripple from her and again Zoe furrowed her brow. Iona was acting very oddly. "Oh!" Iona yelped, pulling her hand from Zoe's and stiffening next to her. "Sorry, it was just so cold in here," she said as she struggled to sit up.

Zoe laughed. "It's fine, it's always freezing on these shuttles." She paused, still sensing Iona's unease. "Are you okay?"

Iona had sat up in the cot and now set her mouth in a hard line as she glanced around the little shuttle, looking everywhere but at Zoe. Finally she met Zoe's gaze and her eyes welled with unshed tears. The skittering fear and sadness that now pulsed from Iona shook Zoe. "Zoe, you can't risk yourself like this. That THING you're carrying...who knows what effect it will have on you?" Iona leaned into her, her eyes pleading.

Zoe stiffened as her hand flew to her stomach again. Some part of her agreed with Iona. She'd never wanted children. They seemed such a burden... But whether she carried the blood of the last Gilded or Aegis...the child was precious. Already a part of her. "I don't know. I just know I need to protect it. I'll do anything to protect it. Aegis will know what to do," she finally answered. Though she was touched at how worried her friend was for her...this wasn't the time. And her decision was made.

"Aegis," Iona spat. "So what? Are you in love with him? With a fucking alien?"

"You're starting to sound a lot like Ethan," Zoe said stiffly.

Iona's expression immediately softened as she slipped a hand back up to Zoe's cheek. "I'm sorry. I just..." And then she darted her face forward and brushed her lips against Zoe's.

Zoe froze as Iona's soft mouth pressed to hers. She was so gentle, so warm. She felt like home. Iona pulled back, holding Zoe's eyes with her own heavy green ones. She now coursed with worry, anticipation. Hope. Zoe blinked at her. "What was that Iona?"

"Are you so blind? Zoe, I've always cared about you. And now..." she continued to cup Zoe's cheek as she searched her eyes. "I can't bear you going back to them without you knowing you have another choice. I'll go anywhere with you. We can escape all of this." The words seemed to choke in Iona's throat as desperation churned in her. "I just need you to be okay."

Zoe quaked with surprise as she looked at Iona with new eyes. Pretty Iona with her freckles over a button nose and emerald green eyes. The slender woman's small fingers were tense against Zoe's cheek as she pleaded with her. "I didn't know you felt that way," Zoe said softly.

Iona leaned forward again, pressed her lips against Zoe's. And Zoe parted instinctively for her. She closed her eyes and felt only the softness of Iona's lips. There was no insistence, no demand, just gentle, heated exploration. Iona's hand continued to cup Zoe's cheek, her thumb brushing against her jaw as her lips quested. She was so different from the cool, domineering mouth of Aegis. Iona's tongue darted against Zoe's coyly. They tangled playfully, warm and welcoming. Iona's other hand moved tentatively up to cup Zoe's breast as she began to suck at her bottom lip.

Zoe gasped and pulled from her friend, breaking the kiss. She scooted away from her, jumping from the little cot. She knew her face was flushed and for a moment she did consider falling back down and letting Iona envelop her. It was almost like kissing herself. Warm and comforting. "I can't," Zoe rasped out as she patted at her cheeks.

Iona's eyes were wild as she wrapped her arms around herself. She was a few inches shorter than Zoe, willowy and red faced and so lovely and sad. Zoe sensed the ache that rippled through her friend. "I'm sorry, it's not your fault. I shouldn't have. I know you don't see me that way."

Zoe dropped down in front of Iona and grabbed at her hands. Iona's green eyes were bloodshot with tears and misery. "It's not that. Exactly. You're wonderful and I love you. I just...you're right. I love Aegis. I might be carrying his child. I'm not in the right mind for...anything else right now."

Iona swallowed as she studied Zoe's face and then finally nodded. "I know. And you promise he's good to you? This isn't some...Stockholm syndrome?"

Zoe chuckled as she sat back on the cot next to Iona and pulled her so the smaller redhead leaned against her shoulder. "I mean, maybe it is. But he's got a great cock."

Iona barked a laugh. "And you've always loved a great cock."

~~

"I'm sorry Aegis. Something isn't right with the human fleet. I've been hailing them and they're only giving me the tersest of responses. I've even asked to speak directly with Zoe and they're saying she's indisposed," Beam's voice crackled over the speaker.

Aegis swore and glanced to Keeper who sat--now smug--still in one of the pilot's seats. "Could her pregnancy be dangerous?" he asked.

Keeper cocked his dark Emerald head as he considered. "I suppose. Though she'd be the first so I've no basis of comparison." He continued to ponder. "The human females are quite small. Comparatively. I do think once she's in the late term that we'll need to monitor her quite closely. But this early on. No, it would just progress as a normal pregnancy."

Aegis swore again. As he suspected. The humans were keeping Zoe from him. This wouldn't do. Back and forth, back and forth his mind raced. He needed to save Zoe. But Bastion was also an imminent threat and was barreling towards them as they spoke. "How far out is the human fleet from us?" he asked suddenly.

Scout dropped into his seat at the navigation console and tapped at the display. "Looks like...less than a day out. They moved into position at the edge of the Forked Band and we're basically right between them and the fleet from Homeworld." He glanced up to Aegis. "Bastion's fleet is another couple days out. They're taking their time as we've been sending false scouting reports. They've no idea the human fleet is setting up a bulwark in the Forked Band. Though they will soon, their long-range scans will be coming into range in the next day or so."

As Aegis clenched his fists in frustration he heard Scout grunt. "Huh, that's odd," the slender Ivory Oathkeeper said. He was still bent over the navigation display and now flipped through a couple screens as he cocked his head this way and that.

"What is it?" Aegis growled as he stepped to look over Scout's shoulder.

"It's just...I think I'm reading a ship. Looks like some sort of small transport. Not very long range. Has to be coming from the human fleet."

"Just one ship? Are they hailing us?"

"Well no, they wouldn't be able to see us. We've got the stealth sequence going at the moment and they seem to be trying to run quiet."

"But they're heading towards us?" Aegis asked. A foreign feeling surged in his breast. Certainty.

"Yes, right towards us--"

"Like they know our exact coordinates," Aegis finished for him. "Set a course to intercept ASAP."

~~

Iona stood next to Zoe, grasping her friend's hand like it was her only lifeline. The Oathkeeper stealth ship had docked with them only a few short minutes ago. Zoe nearly hummed with excitement now, but Iona's hands were slick with nervous sweat. She nearly panted, her heart racing with fear as she took quick breaths and worked to calm her racing nerves. She'd seen pictures of Oathkeepers. Some videos that had been caught here or there. She'd watched the bodycam footage over and over of Zoe's return and the looming black shadow of Aegis. And now that shadowy demon stood on the other side of bulkhead door.

The door hissed and Zoe squeezed her hand painfully as she glanced over to Iona and smiled reassuringly. "Everything is going to be fine."

The door opened and it seemed the two aliens standing on the other side sucked the air from Iona's lungs. Aegis. He was unmistakable. Immense and pitch black though his skin seemed to ripple iridescent in the light. The terrifying wings twitched behind his back and Iona realized his eyes were for Zoe only. They were intense, chilling as they zoned in on Zoe like prey. The other Oathkeeper was the Ivory variety. His head only reached to Aegis's broad shoulder and his creamy skin looked nearly human. Soft and pale, much like Zoe's. He was still nearly a foot taller than Iona herself though. She knew her eyes had gone wide as she looked back and forth between the huge two aliens. It was like her mind pinged, trying to take in each small detail because taking in the whole would be too horrifying.

As she ran her eyes of the Ivory alien, she was startled to meet his eyes, seeing he was taking her in as well. He cocked his head, a small smile forming on his delicate face as he met her eyes. The irises were the color of a warm latte, creamy and somehow comforting. He held her gaze for a long moment but then her attention was pulled back to the bulk of Aegis.

"Zoe," he breathed, his voice unnaturally deep as he pinned Iona's friend with his black eyes.

Zoe dropped Iona's hand and closed the distance between her and Aegis in an instant. His ebony arms grabbed her up, lifting her to clasp her against his chest as his head fell to kiss her savagely. Iona blushed, watching as her pretty friend--who she'd always considered tall and imposing in her own right--was engulfed by the Onyx. Zoe wrapped her arms around Aegis's neck and their kiss turned desperate. Zoe's little gasps of excitement filled the small space and Iona swallowed, looking away in embarrassment. Her eyes slid to the other alien and she found him again watching her. He quirked an eyebrow, letting his smile widen as if he sensed her warring feelings of awkwardness and arousal. And then he winked at her. Iona felt her flush race up her chest, leaving her face heated as she tried to look anywhere safe in the confined shuttle.

"I'm sorry," Zoe whispered as the passionate kiss finally broke. "You were right. I shouldn't have left. But I didn't know." She still had her arms wrapped around Aegis's neck and now wrapped her legs around his waist as well as she pulled back to meet his eyes.

Aegis ran his hands over Zoe possessively, as he examined her face. He grabbed at her thighs, pulling her close into him as he dipped his head to nuzzle gently into her hair. "Never again. I won't allow you to leave my side ever again."

Iona's heart still raced as jealousy sparked up through her. She'd never seen Zoe like this before, melting into someone completely. Her strong willed friend had finally met her match it seemed. Zoe pushed her face into Aegis's neck, murmuring agreement as his fingers dug into her like he owned her.

"Well," the Ivory Oathkeeper coughed. "Now that that's sorted, we should be going."

Aegis dragged his eyes from Zoe to glance to the other Oathkeeper and then seemed to finally remember Iona. He cocked his head as he looked her over and Zoe twisted in his arms to smiled warmly at her. Zoe's bright blue eyes were excited as she grinned. "This is Iona. My best friend." She flicked her eyes to the Ivory. "Don't scare her, Scout."

Scout barked a laugh as he watched Iona. "Too late for that I think."

~~

Zoe clung to Aegis. She knew she should unwrap her legs from his waist and get it together, but her body had a mind of its own. There was no world in which she could not be touching him. So she gave Iona a chagrined smile as Aegis carried her through the Oathkeeper stealth ship, the same exact one it seemed that she'd arrived on Homeworld in. She brushed her fingers over Aegis's neck, ran them over his thick shoulders, her hands couldn't stop moving, as if she needed to convince her body that this was real. That her Onyx held her again. His raging need for her pummeled at her senses as he wrapped his arms around her and held her close against his chest, as if he would never let her go again. Zoe felt she vibrated with desire for Aegis. She'd felt for a moment he'd been ready to rip the clothes from her body and fuck her where they'd stood in the little docking bay with Iona and Scout watching. And she'd been nearly disappointed when he'd let her finally pull back from their manic kiss as she remembered poor Iona.

But now she held her legs wrapped tightly around his waist as he entered the command center of his stealth ship. He squeezed her tightly against him, before finally loosening his grip to let her slide down his body back to the stand on her own shaky legs. She took in the room. The pale blue Wing sat in the pilot's chair while a deep Emerald Oathkeeper with milky eyes perched in one of the seats next to Wing. She furrowed her brow as she looked up to Aegis, question in her eyes.

"This is Keeper," he answered her unspoken question. Before he could go on Keeper reached for her and Zoe found herself stepping towards the old alien.

"Zoe," Keeper said as he took Zoe's hands and pulled her so she stood in front of him. He dropped a hand to her stomach and the room went silent. Zoe shivered as he splayed his large, frail hand over her belly and she wondered if he could sense the child that grew within her? His eyes closed and Zoe's heartbeat pounded within her ears, the only sound as the small group collectively held their breaths. Finally Keeper opened his unseeing eyes. "You carry the future of our races."

Aegis sucked in a breath behind her and dropped a hand possessively to her shoulder. "There will be time to worry about the future later. For now I must deal with Bastion."

Zoe stepped back from Keeper, pressing herself into Aegis's immovable body behind her. His other arm snaked around her, pulling her close against him again and lust arced through her. Though she tried to focus on the conversation that now sprang up around her between the Oathkeepers she could feel only her own arousal. Her need for Aegis. As he absently ran his thumb in slow circles over her stomach an ache grew between her legs. A throbbing, insistent need pulsed within her as she gripped at his forearm and watched the conversation. She glanced to Iona, feeling a twinge of shame that she'd nearly forgotten her friend in the heat of the last few minutes.

Iona stood just inside the doorway. Her vivid green eyes darted and Zoe realized she barely controlled a surging panic as she watched the conversation as well. A flush raced up her neck, left her round, freckled cheeks ruddy and bright. "Aegis," Zoe whispered and the conversation around them quietened.

Her Onyx stilled as he dipped his head to meet her eyes. For a moment she forgot what she meant to say as he pinned her with those black and violet eyes. She nearly stood on tiptoes and pressed her lips into his once again, but then she remembered the panicking Iona and pursed her lips. "We're tired and hungry from our frantic flight here. Can I take Iona and get situated?"

For a moment, Aegis's face darkened as his grip tightened on her. Zoe's body screamed, 'Yes, take me now, shove me to the floor and fuck me like you'd never see me again.' But then Aegis glanced over to Iona and must have sensed her frightened mind for his expression softened and he nodded. "Scout," he barked. The creamy colored Oathkeeper straightened where he'd leaned against the bulkhead across from them. "Show Zoe to my quarters and figure out a room for Iona."

Zoe twisted in Aegis's arms so she now stood facing him and he stooped, capturing her face with his large hands to pull her into a slow kiss. Zoe pressed against him, uncaring of the eyes on them as Aegis's lips took hers. To think she'd thought she could live without this? Aegis devoured her, his tongue forcing her lips to part for him as he sucked the air from her lungs. The ache between her legs became sharp, insistent as his mouth showed her who she belonged to. She knew the Oathkeepers in the room could--to varying degrees--all sense her rising arousal and somehow it only made her hungrier. She was Aegis's and he now wanted his world to see it. Like how Paragon had paraded her through the Oasis, Aegis showed the other three Oathkeepers that she was HIS human now. He broke the kiss slowly and Zoe found herself leaned against him, her legs again weak and her head dizzy with lust. Aegis drank her face in for a long moment and then clenched his jaw, his eyes darting to Scout. Zoe felt the warning like a spoken word and again Aegis's resemblance to Paragon struck her. 'No touching,' Aegis's look said to the Ivory.